Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th October 2005, 09:10   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
make that 188 km/h, came across a snap on my phone that i think you clicked, just below 190, damn ! !

manson.
hey manson post the pics man and you just scared the **** outta me man sorry couldnt take more pics as i was flyin from here to there in your car
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 11:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

check out some more pics here

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th October 2005 at 11:22.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 16:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

Enough of reviews above, so I won't bother. The event was good enough. The best were the H2, Flying Spur, Cayenne Turbo, 911 Carrera, Audi TT.

Hasn't anyone taken Videos?!
Got some pics, will post them soon.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 18:10   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
check out some more pics here

Awesome pics dude.... man the merc's and the bentley and the hummvee's and the list goes on..... just delicious....

great quality too....
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 20:50   #140
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Though the show was called Moto Xtreme, there was hardly anything "xtreme" about it. Newspaper prints promised participation of supercars like Ferrari's,

Lamborghini's, Lotuse's etc. However none of these exotics turned up for the event. The event was organised to raise funds for a school for the disabled / blind children. The only car worthy of being called a supercar was the 911 Carrera S and the Flying Spur. Others were just in for the event bcos they had an engine capacity of more than 3000cc. The first car to turn up at the event was the SLK350. No idea who was driving the car, but didnt like the guy owned it. Probably given out to him by a dealership. Then followed a couple of Mercs like the CLS350, CLS500 and 2 C Classes. The sight of the C Class participating in this event made me loose all my hopes of any supercar turning up at the event. They were roped in cos they didnt have any "actual" cars participating. Add to that the participation of the Landcruisers. That was it. At this rate even a Safari Dicor could have been a participant.

Quote:
The cars all have to be 3ltr and above to qualify for an entry or if you are a celeb / page 3 person you can walk in with almost any car i think!!!
Come on.....why call the event "Moto-Xtreme" if you are more bothered about celebs / Page-3 people participating. Call it "Page3-Xtreme". It was really disgusting to see cars like the San Storm and Audi TT (1.8) participating. The event though was managed very well. They could have also included the Mumbai superbikes. I'm sure that would have been one big event.

Also the blue SL wasnt the same one as DCH.

Anyways, here are the pics of the event. More pics coming soon.

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 21:03   #141
BANNED

Hey V12,

The C Class belonged to our very own GTO and myself, Rudra, Rtech and GTO's brother were the passengers. I agree the event was very dissappointing.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 21:13   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey V12,

The C Class belonged to our very own GTO and myself, Rudra, Rtech and GTO's brother were the passengers. I agree the event was very dissappointing.

Viper

nope there was other C-class too
we spotted it at the end of expressway (pune side)
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 21:21   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Yea.. there was a Maroon C Class in the rally.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 22:03   #144
Senior - BHPian

One of the C Classes was driven by our member CLS55 AMG
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 22:13   #145

Thumbs down Disappointing Rally

The so called "Super Car Rally" on sunday did not really stand up to its name.I guess it was hyped up a bit tooo much.It was a bit Disappointing.....................
Aditya0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 00:38   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Though the show was called Moto Xtreme, there was hardly anything "xtreme" about it.
You can say that the San Storm (or should i say Sand Storm, as mentioned in the list of participating cars) was one 'Xtreme'

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Others were just in for the event bcos they had an engine capacity of more than 3000cc. ............................... At this rate even a Safari Dicor could have been a participant.
Or even worse Tata Sumo 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
They could have also included the Mumbai superbikes. I'm sure that would have been one big event.
But then the Sports Bikes wouldnt have been able to do the whole rally .... may be just till the end of Palm Beach Road. Also, this was to be a TSD Rally ..... pointless for the Sports Bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Anyways, here are the pics of the event.
Cool shots there ..... can i ask when the shots of the SLK n CLS were taken??? Im guessing that its way before the whole thing even began or before even the participants came in.

P
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 10:16   #147
Senior - BHPian

MotoXtreme!!

The show started at around 9ish when the first decent car rolled in, Mercedes CLS500. Following the CLS, other cars and people started rolling in by the hour. Most were wildly taking pics. Getting in way of the cars. According to me the best car present at the scene was the Bentley Flying Spur, but I don't think it was part of the rally, because I didn't see it being flagged-off. Best cars at the rally was the black Cayenne Turbo and Mercedes SL500. Worst car of the rally, of course the San Storm. Got some pics, enjoy.

Auto Hangar's Entry: They got three cars to the event, at least thats what I seen. One C, E, S and CLS each.

Another Auto Hangar Entry: S Class.

Mercedes SLK: Boy was the owner annoyed. Dino directly sat in the car without permissions, while the owner was right behind him.

Mercedes SL500: Awesome.

Mercedes 300SL: As mentioned by V12, not the 'Dil Chatha Hai' car.

Mercedes E Class: Driven by Ashmit Patel.

Team-BHP Entry: GTO with his C Class. Wait for a nice pic coming up soon.

Porsche's Entry: Were these cars brought by Porsche itself?!

Porsche Cayenne Turbo: Awesome. Had seen the V6 the previous day and now the Turbo.

Porsche 911: Didn't like the color, but the paint job was awesome. The car was shining!!!

BMW 330i:

BMW 7 Series: There were two 7's with VIP style registrations.

Range Rover: Apart from the Hummer, I think this has one of the best road presence.

Audi A8: Driven by Sohail Khan and his son.

Hummer H2:

Pics pending: Audi TT, white Porsche Cayenne and Yamaha R1. Will post them later.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 11:30   #148
BHPian

Hey, that SL500 is Amit Bhosale's right? Avinash Bhosale's son... He's even got a 6 series, 7 series...
torqueunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 13:43   #149
BHPian

Heres some from My camera
S320

CLS350

Cayenne Turobo

Audi A6

A6 (interior)

SLK350

Hood Closed
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote