Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th June 2010, 13:30   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
You mean the smoke from tires, right Mr. Bean?!!

I don't mind, but ECR on a weekend is not exactly safe - coz of the traffic, as well as the cops...
I was referring to the black smoke from your getzz .
Jokes apart..
Lets leave early morning at around 6 AM, come back before sunset.
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 15:55   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey Arjun, I agree with your POV.

OK, shall we drag with Nitrous tonight? IS your FANTA ready and running?
Oh sure. Fanta is ready and will be coming for the recce on Sunday.Please keep me posted on that also.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 16:00   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
1. No street racing whatsoever. Even on the track, we don't race, but just time ourselves with the transponders.
Thankfully, Chennai hasn't been infected with this deadly disease and hope to stay that way, by God's grace. The number of "incidents" that I've heard of happening in other cities are scary. Our ancestors didn't build the Jackie Stewart designed track for nothing.
2. @Those running tractor fuel with a turbo, 1600 bar fuel rail, high pressure injectors, multiple injections, etc., You're welcome to bring your uncle 'Pete' and his elves along.
But, dream on.
3. Someone PLEASE organise a good drive/meet. You can start a separate thread and get it going.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 16:05   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
1. No street racing whatsoever. Even on the track, we don't race, but just time ourselves with the transponders.
Well said D-Man.

Quote:
a good drive/meet. You can start a separate thread and get it going.
Sound good as the mercury seems to be dropping. I'll all game.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 18:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I was referring to the black smoke from your getzz .
You didn't get what smoke I meant, did ya now?!!
Quote:
Hi guys,
Thankfully, Chennai hasn't been infected with this deadly disease and hope to stay that way, by God's grace. The number of "incidents" that I've heard of happening in other cities are scary. Our ancestors didn't build the Jackie Stewart designed track for nothing.
2. @Those running tractor fuel with a turbo, 1600 bar fuel rail, high pressure injectors, multiple injections, etc., You're welcome to bring your uncle 'Pete' and his elves along.
But, dream on.
3. Someone PLEASE organise a good drive/meet. You can start a separate thread and get it going.
1. Am with you on the street racing - living where I live, have seen too many nut-heads on bikes and cars end their lives (hint: trees were chopped down recently in my area because someone took a blind turn at nut-head speeds...)
2. Tractor fuel with a turbo, 1600 bar fuel rail, high pressure injectors, multiple injections, etc. - all these are stock in my car, I didn't change anything except my K&N stock replacement. We all know how much a virgin the mistress is. And yet headers bet you to Pondi...
And no, am pretty happy with my car's (oops! tractor's) performance that I don't intend to Pete it. Btw, what have you got against Peter now???
3. You are the organ-riser on Quickies... and the herd follows the D-Man - so I request you to do the honours again
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 20:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
But, dream on.
Nitrous: Lemme try and share my concerns

1. We will take it "off" the forum. I'm not the one who does 6000 RPM shifts!!

2. Sure, pl organise another track meet and i'll definitely be there. Jackie Stewart designed track is not too old - it was opened during March 1989.

4. I hope you remember our Yelagiri cum Bangalore drive 2.5 years ago. I'm all game if time permits.

3. Now like Jayant said, what have you got against the CRDi Engines? They are BS4 complaint and have decent performance in stock form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
We all know how much a virgin the mistress is. And yet headers bet you to Pondi...
Hey, Do you have to rub it in?

Actually coming to think of that drive - Bottle and I were sedately doing around 100-120 on ECR until we reached Mahabs. Mr. S Baleno and the D-man had a head start of 60 minutes and were obviously ahead of us.

There comes an SMS on E_L 's phone from SB. " Hey Where are you guys - Catch us if you can" or something like that.

We just stepped on it a bit to 150-160 and beat the leading pair who were just then planning on an unscheduled pit stop around 10 kms before Pondy.

After which it was "Catch US if you Dare!!"

Oh..What a riot it was that night

Sorry Nitrous, just could not resist this.

Last edited by headers : 4th June 2010 at 20:25.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 21:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey, Do you have to rub it in?

After which it was "Catch US if you Dare!!"

Oh..What a riot it was that night
...and Headers was driving a 3-pot stock Accent, of course the tractor fuel sipping CRDi.

(Couldn't find the "smuck" smiley!!)
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 21:07   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Actually coming to think of that drive - Bottle and I were sedately doing around 100-120 on ECR until we reached Mahabs. Mr. S Baleno and the D-man had a head start of 60 minutes and were obviously ahead of us.
Of the guys with the head-start, Ajo was driving at 65-70kmph adhering to the ECR speedlimit. Since that seemed too slow, I thought it would be fun in the mistress & switched over, but our D-bhpian was chugging around at 80-90kmph, for reasons only best known to him.

Add to this equation 2 pit-stops we took (1 for imbibing soft-drinks + another for purging them - which was when you sped by) and I am sure you would agree that the head-start does not give any advantage against the 2 maniacs flying by at 140kmph or more. You almost took me and the mistress' door with you.

@headers, were you driving the Accent on the Yelagiri drive ? Or with John in his Esteem ? Now, that was a drive.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 4th June 2010 at 21:23.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 21:16   #129
BHPian

Ah I dont mind all the random comments. At the end of the day everyone decides to hop into the diesel because its the more economical one and as they say, the more the merrier.
Beats sitting in one of those STOCK petrol vehicles where the cars so noisy that you just cant seem to hear each other - oh no wait! theres no one left to sit in the petrol, everyones already hopped into the diesel car.

So, did someone say something about a drive? Lets head to pondi again!! The last trip was amazing. I think we have even more guys now. We will import petrol head from bangalore, fiery enzymes got his figo now, plus we have a whole lot of other guys who are always game for a big meet.

Oh holy D-man, everyone seems to flock towards you whenever you call. Do the needful and shortlist a few places and lets have a vote here or something.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 01:21   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh holy D-man, everyone seems to flock towards you whenever you call.
And now, I'm the Pied piper of Chennai Team-BHP?

Anyways, I'm hanging up the organizing gloves. Don't expect me to plan one. The other organ(r)iser seems to have gone MIA.
If anyone needs my help with organizing, let me know.

Btw, venue for our sunday meet, please.
Now that the temperatures are dropping and our radiator fans will be running a lot lesser, we should have the meet a bit early.
How about the Bella Ciao beach?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 01:28   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

What time at Elliot's beach ?

P.S.: Nice signature. :-)

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th June 2010 at 01:30. Reason: Adding an apostrophe. And appreciating the signature.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 06:41   #132
BHPian

Quote:
And now, I'm the Pied piper of Chennai Team-BHP?

Anyways, I'm hanging up the organizing gloves. Don't expect me to plan one. The other organ(r)iser seems to have gone MIA.

Btw, venue for our sunday meet, please.
Now that the temperatures are dropping and our radiator fans will be running a lot lesser, we should have the meet a bit early.
How about the Bella Ciao beach?
This is why you are a D , Nitrous. One line above you say, you are hanging up your gloves and the next line you are talking about Bella Ciao.
U indeed da man

It doesnt matter if its Pondy or Marina beach. There is no meat in the meet without you

Last edited by neoranjit : 5th June 2010 at 06:43.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 08:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@headers, were you driving the Accent on the Yelagiri drive ? Or with John in his Esteem ? Now, that was a drive.
YEs I was driving my '05 ACCENT CRDi to Yelagiri.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm hanging up the organizing gloves. Don't expect me to plan one. .....
I need your Help SIR - Please dont hang up the gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
It doesnt matter if its Pondy or Marina beach. There is no meat in the meet without you
Ranjit, I thought you were not interested in meats

Anyways, lets plan another Pondy Drive before EXAMM what say?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 19:33   #134
BHPian

Game for a Pondy Meet, but it probably has to happen after EXAAM.

BTW, League anyone tonight?

Last edited by fiery enzyme : 5th June 2010 at 19:36.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 23:39   #135
BHPian

Where's the quickie this sunday??
ajay2233 is offline   Reply With Quote