Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When would you be available for the meet?
3rd July - Saturday 2 5.71%
4th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
10th July - Saturday 3 8.57%
17th July - Saturday 28 80.00%
18th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th July 2010, 14:58   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Tsunami in the route between Baramati and Lonavala?

I'd be leaving from pune at 5 pm. Who wants a lift?
My route - Nagar road - Khadki - Old mumbai pune highway - Venue.
Can pick up people from Mundhwa, Kalyani nagar, Nagar road vicinities. Once I cross the Holkar bridge, it will be non stop till the toll gate.

Also which side of the road is big wheels in. The same side as Toni da dhaba or the opposite side.
MX6 , I have sent you a PM , vipul and me are meeting near MRF Tyres / Golfway Center on nagar road. So lets move out together from there
kenpachigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 14:58   #212
BHPian

Hey guys, any common point for Pune people?
Also, anyone coming from Aundh-Wakad road?
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 15:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Tsunami in the route between Baramati and Lonavala?

I'd be leaving from pune at 5 pm. Who wants a lift?
My route - Nagar road - Khadki - Old mumbai pune highway - Venue.
Can pick up people from Mundhwa, Kalyani nagar, Nagar road vicinities. Once I cross the Holkar bridge, it will be non stop till the toll gate.

Also which side of the road is big wheels in. The same side as Toni da dhaba or the opposite side.

@MX6: While heading towards Lonavala the Place is on the Left hand side. You will see the Board which is litup.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers!
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 15:21   #214
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
MX6 , I have sent you a PM , vipul and me are meeting near MRF Tyres / Golfway Center on nagar road. So lets move out together from there
Ranjith.rajaram would be leaving from near Yerawada. I we all will catch up somewhere near Holkar bridge?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 16:56   #215
BHPian

I am coming too.
Mumbai-pune megameet:

Venue: big wheels
Date: 17th July 2010.
Time: 6 PM onward
cost: per person rs 400 for food only.

confirmed
1] ashishpallod+2/3 rajababues
2] mx6
3] raja - CANCELLED
4] pranavt
5] kenpachigamer
6] idea
7] cyrus43
8] dareDev|l
9] SuperSelect
10] spawnofsatan
11] Speed-Freak
12] Parimal
13] Shreyans
14] Turboholic
15] Mountain.Goat
16] The Saint
17] casperrider
18] ramie2400 - conphiram
19] amar1200 - conphiram
20] ariesonu
21] throttleking
22] Anupam <Pune>
23] omishra
24] invinsible
25] issigonis
26] President
27] amit_3306
28] f1fan
29] speedy
30] Vipul Kumar
31] Sameer Madan
32] ranjit rajaram
32] kavesh55
33]ajnagpur
34]wdm007
35] Tejas@perioimpl
36]vicky 5669
37] Rastapopoulos

I hope there was no other list to be updated. Sorry for the late confirmation.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 18:04   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
I should be able to attend the meet. Still not confirmed!
Will update here once i know for sure.
P.S. - What time do we leave? Can we meet townside itself before leaving as im not that well versed with the route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
What part of town are you leaving from? I would suggest leaving at 3:30 PM so that you can be at MCD by 4:30 PM.
MCD is on the left side before the expressway starts and you should be able to spot the same easily.
Regarding route, following are some pointers. Drive asking for these locations i.e. Dadar->Sion->Priyadarshini ->Right after Priyadarshini->Chembur->Mankhurd->Vashi-> Road takes right for NH4 and after a few Kms, you would see MCD on the left.
Well, finally, i wasnt able to make it. Good thing i hadnt confirmed
Anyhow, was still in South Mumbai at 5.15 & stuck in traffic so decided to abort & just came home. Kept in touch with Issigonis who was also stuck in traffic at Thane but will be able to make it.

Well, have a blast guys. Looking forward to the report & the pictures.

Last edited by Xehaust : 17th July 2010 at 18:06.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 21:47   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Well, finally, i wasnt able to make it. Good thing i hadnt confirmed
Anyhow, was still in South Mumbai at 5.15 & stuck in traffic so decided to abort & just came home. Kept in touch with Issigonis who was also stuck in traffic at Thane but will be able to make it.

Well, have a blast guys. Looking forward to the report & the pictures.
Couldn't make it :( , had to abort at the last moment. Trust bosses to take on fire-fighting duties at short notice.

I was really looking forward to this......
Mountain.Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 00:18   #218
BHPian

Hey Hey !

Just came back from the party !
First time attended the T-bhp party.
First to reach the venue

Going for a sleep now. Rest of details tomorrow.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:28   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I'm 100% confirmed, guys..
I may be a bit late, will reach by 7 as I'll be working. But I'm definitely coming.

I'm not reposting the list as my name is already there.

I'm not joining the Mumbai / South Mumbai gang. I'll be at Nashik all day. Will end my day at Thane at 5 pm, from where I'll zoom towards Lonavala.

Let - The - Paaaaarty - Begin !
Ravi Bhai I am sorry I could not make it but today morning first thing I must see the photos you must have taken at the saturdays meet , Imust see what I missed out yesterday,
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 01:35   #220
MX6
Senior - BHPian

MX6 and Ranjith.Rajaram are trying their hand at billiards. MX6 has never played before. Ranjith says it's easy.
Guess what happens? MX6 hits amazing shots inbetween equally pathetic and both are inexplicable.
There's a gentleman standing there at the corner watching.
Midway he strikes a chat with MX6.
MX6: blah blah blah. my fingers are short. blah blah blah.
GM: you should probably keep to driving and photography.
MX6: blah blah blah. I don't take much photos as I do a lot of driving.

More blah blahs.
MX6 thinks he knows who this gentle man is. He is using all the intuitive powers and utilizing the Ramanujam title given by HVkumar.
After a few more blah blahs.
GM: That's because you don't know me.
MX6: Of course I know you. You are VRPrabhu.
GM: I'm not.
MX6 misses that in all the noise and music.
MX6: I'll tell you how I found out. basically when people speak or write, they show a behavious pattern, and I analysed and built a pic of you. And to add to it, Ashishpallod tells me that vrprabhu hasn't come in though he sent a pm asking him to come.
GM gives a perplexed reaction
MX6: So I got introduced to all, and then you come walking in and stand here, so you got to be vrprabhu. Because of my "analytical skills". Hows your daughter. Got her admissions done.
GM: I don't have a daughter.
MX6: What do you mean you don't have a daughter.
GM: That's because I'm not vrprabhu.
MX6 thinking deep within, "wow. All that soliloquoy about clinical psychology and analysis and behaviour pattern and ramanujam title, quick pretend you are drunk" retorts: Ok let's formally introduce each other.
GM: I'm Khoj
MX6: O boy. You had me there. You caught me with my pants down.
Khoj: I gave you clues about photography
MX6: That every one knows
Khoj: I hinted about snakes
MX6: That too many know
Khoj: I told about kaas.
MX6: Yes, vrprabhu, 4 members from bangalore, 1 from satara, ashishpallod and many from pune have shown interest and have pm-ed me about kaas.
Any clue you give, I'd still not have found out. Because I thought you were in delhi. And you had me there.
Khoj: gives a devilish laugh inside his mind. Man ki hasi. Please see shool to understand what's man ki hasi.
MX6: I'm sure this will hit headlines in t-bhp, "MX6 becomes jack a.s.s."
Khoj: no it will not.
MX6: It will, and I know who will post this in the forum.

That's just the beginning of all the fun.
There was one member who brought his wife in. Kudos to you dude. I contemplated a lot and decided to leave my wife out as my baby doesn't stand places with loud music. And the deafening music of big wheels vindicated my point. But next time to a quieter place, I'll bring my whole family. Taking a cue off you.

Thanks Ashishpallod. You kept your promise of bringing (exactly 3 rajababus). Bus still, it was sad that the person who jogged in the platform and the one who asked for misal pav werent there. But it was fun. And let me reconfirm, you are the king of information. I'm still a new kid on the block.

Ranjith. Apologies for reaching you home late. We planned to return home latest by 11. So if your wife throws any utensil on you, please take the pains of showing her this message. I delayed you because the meet was a roaring success.

Kenpachigamer. Yes. The pune meet is on. I'm not in pune next weekend so we shall plan one immediately. Let's get the i pee on terrorism (vikram18) guy and his gang as well.

Khoj: It was so nice talking with you. I shall think about the administrative stuff you told about.

All others, it was great fun in the meet. Watch this space for photos. Too sleepy now.

Vasuli Anna. 410 bucks is great deal. You rock dude.

Super select: Thanks for all the kind words. Brief interaction we had. But yes, I keep driving to Mumbai atleast once a month. We'll catch up for a mini tapri meet in mumbai. Khoj has volunteered to put me up at his place. (like 7 - 8 other people in mumbai).
Old 18th July 2010, 02:20   #221
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The sneak peak.

Mumbai-Pune megameet at Lonavala: 17th July 2010-1.jpg
Old 18th July 2010, 02:59   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MX6 and Ranjith.Rajaram are trying their hand at billiards. MX6 has never played before. Ranjith says it's easy.
Guess what happens? MX6 hits amazing shots inbetween equally pathetic and both are inexplicable.
There's a gentleman standing there at the corner watching.
Midway he strikes a chat with MX6.
MX6: blah blah blah. my fingers are short. blah blah blah.
GM: you should probably keep to driving and photography.
MX6: blah blah blah. I don't take much photos as I do a lot of driving.

More blah blahs.
MX6 thinks he knows who this gentle man is. He is using all the intuitive powers and utilizing the Ramanujam title given by HVkumar.
After a few more blah blahs.
GM: That's because you don't know me.
MX6: Of course I know you. You are VRPrabhu.
GM: I'm not.
MX6 misses that in all the noise and music.
MX6: I'll tell you how I found out. basically when people speak or write, they show a behavious pattern, and I analysed and built a pic of you. And to add to it, Ashishpallod tells me that vrprabhu hasn't come in though he sent a pm asking him to come.
GM gives a perplexed reaction
MX6: So I got introduced to all, and then you come walking in and stand here, so you got to be vrprabhu. Because of my "analytical skills". Hows your daughter. Got her admissions done.
GM: I don't have a daughter.
MX6: What do you mean you don't have a daughter.
GM: That's because I'm not vrprabhu.
MX6 thinking deep within, "wow. All that soliloquoy about clinical psychology and analysis and behaviour pattern and ramanujam title, quick pretend you are drunk" retorts: Ok let's formally introduce each other.
GM: I'm Khoj
MX6: O boy. You had me there. You caught me with my pants down.
Khoj: I gave you clues about photography
MX6: That every one knows
Khoj: I hinted about snakes
MX6: That too many know
Khoj: I told about kaas.
MX6: Yes, vrprabhu, 4 members from bangalore, 1 from satara, ashishpallod and many from pune have shown interest and have pm-ed me about kaas.
Any clue you give, I'd still not have found out. Because I thought you were in delhi. And you had me there.
Amazing memory, almost verbatim, Excellent, the score however remains 2 vs 33

Quote:
Khoj: gives a devilish laugh inside his mind. Man ki hasi. Please see shool to understand what's man ki hasi.
That makes me Sayaji Shinde. I love the guy.

Quote:
MX6: I'm sure this will hit headlines in t-bhp, "MX6 becomes jack a.s.s."
Khoj: no it will not.
MX6: It will, and I know who will post this in the forum.

That's just the beginning of all the fun.

Khoj: It was so nice talking with you. I shall think about the administrative stuff you told about.

All others, it was great fun in the meet. Watch this space for photos. Too sleepy now.

Vasuli Anna. 410 bucks is great deal. You rock dude. That he does, Kudos to Ashish for lighting the fire and Throttle King for managing the affairs.

Super select: Thanks for all the kind words. Brief interaction we had. But yes, I keep driving to Mumbai atleast once a month. We'll catch up for a mini tapri meet in mumbai. Khoj has volunteered to put me up at his place. (like 7 - 8 other people in mumbai).
I had like a pint and I certainly do not remember making that offer. What is this "Maan na maan, mein tera mehmaan??"

Koi nahi yaara, chadeyan de ghar darwaze nahi hoonde. Any time pal. !!

Damn good meet it was. A pleasure getting to know all of the guys especially Speedy, Ranjith, Ashish & Sujit, Throttleking, Super Select and MX6, hope to catch you all at another meet sooner than later.

Last edited by khoj : 18th July 2010 at 03:05.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 09:34   #223
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The venue.

Mumbai-Pune megameet at Lonavala: 17th July 2010-2.jpg

There was pool table as well. MX6 and Ranjith decided to try their hand at it.
MX6: I've never played pool.
Ranjith: It's easy. Let's have a game.

MX6 goes on a frenzy and hits everything everywhere. Moves balls with his hands as he can't even hold them still. Hits the cue ball in atleast 6 times. But surprisingly, he's finished off all but one of the striped balls while Ranjith the better player is playing too technically and is struggling with all but 1 of his ball pocketed.
Then it dawns upon MX6 that Ranjith is no better
The Saint is walking towards the rest-room. He shouts from there looking at MX6 and Ranjith playing, "When I'm back I want to replace the loser".
MX6: Absolutely no issues. We both are losers who are desperately trying to hit something in!
Ashishpallod is on a frenzy shooting MX6 playing pool. Maybe it's to show 12mati people how people in big corporate finish deals.
One fluke shot and something goes in and MX6 comments: Abhey, this is very easy.
Ashishpallod: I too thought it would be tough.
MX6: I don't understand why they showed villains in bollywood movies playing pool as though it's a damn tough game and mouthing dialogues like usko khatam kardo, with the camera showing a ball falling in to a pocket at that point.
As MX6 speaks, a ball goes in, and Ashishpallod quitely slips out fearing the unspeakable.
The Saint comes back sees us struggle over and is amazed. He apparently missed MX6's comment on his way to the rest-room.
Old 18th July 2010, 10:24   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MX6: I've never played pool.
Ranjith: It's easy. Let's have a game.

Ashishpallod is on a frenzy shooting MX6 playing pool. Maybe it's to show 12mati people how people in big corporate finish deals.

MX6: I don't understand why they showed villains in bollywood movies playing pool as though it's a damn tough game and mouthing dialogues like usko khatam kardo, with the camera showing a ball falling in to a pocket at that point.
@mx6,
i am surprised that it was your first time to play the pool.
baat hazam nahi hoti!!

your corporate deal!!
Mumbai-Pune megameet at Lonavala: 17th July 2010-1.jpg
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 10:27   #225
BHPian

Default Meet Review

Hi !

This is WDM007, planned to attend the meet just two days before, the reason being:
Major one: Wife & kid out of station
Minor one: No other plans to kill time

So made entry in the thread, PMed few guys, but at the end decided to march alone towards the venue. It was a lovely weather in the evening all the way, except rains.

This was my first meet with the T-bhp guys. So had some apprehensions in my mind, but went there with empty mind without much expectations from all others, just to meet new people, make new friends & last but not the least, get 2 cents of information from others related to any damn thing.

Reached the venue at around 1759 hrs. Searched for others, no one was there. Searched for cars with tbhp logo, not a single one. So went inside, inquired about the guys from Tbhp, they said no one yet arrived. So went out again, and what a surprise ! Saw Ashish Pallod getting out of the car with other RAJA Babus. He arrived exactly at 1800 hrs. What a great planning boss ! Really appreciate it. Greeted him, talked about general things, slowly people started arriving.

People started introducing each other, then all of us went inside to explore the place. The theme of the place is unique & somewhat different.

Ashish also got a chance to meet with the owner and know about the History & Geography of the cafe.

There were lots of car models, pics, instruments etc related to biking, can you believe, ashtrays were made of piston cylinders !

And not to forget, there were lots of "puneri patya" [read signboard or message board] at this place. Hey hey hey, a place in pune without patya ! Impossible to imagine. The best one that I liked there was:

Bikes dont leak oil,
they just mark their territories.

When majority of people were arrived, started conversations on all sort of topics, enjoyed a lot to hear elderly suggestions, experiences warnings etc.

Thanks to agnagpur for a quick demo of latest Nokia gadgets.

Also thanks to Amit for the great company yesterday. [Whats your handle here?]

Special thanks to Ashish, MX6 & Khoj for the funny experiences you guys shared.

Kudos to throttleking for the arrangements.

And yes, thanks to all others whose (user)names I forgot now

Left the party at around 2330 hrs.

While returning me & my car was heavily loaded with new experiences, knowledge, friendships & happy moments.

Last edited by WDM007 : 18th July 2010 at 10:30.