Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When would you be available for the meet?
3rd July - Saturday 2 5.71%
4th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
10th July - Saturday 3 8.57%
17th July - Saturday 28 80.00%
18th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th July 2010, 12:51   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
And all,
there's more photos of people having bournvita, red-bull, milk etc coming up.
ohh.. aap log yeh sab bhi karte ho Team BHP meet par ?
pahele hi aap log badnaam ho, abhi aur bhi badnam honge. Main to aise meet pe nahin aaoonga..baba..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 19th July 2010 at 12:53.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 12:59   #272
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@mx6
what to say about this man.
I am sure, this sober, intelligent,motivated young man will achieve the success in his career in quick time.
He follows some values[ as every one follows] and i respect it.
Kudos to his knowledge.
One request, please don't be too adventurous during night drive with your family.
Are you talking about me? I'm surprised. lag raha hai sprite's effect ab tak uthra nahin!
I should borrow a line from Bhaloo the bear from the famous Jungle book movie - "I wish my mother heard this"

And about night driving, request taken sir. I'm also unable to do late night drives like before. And my daughter is growing up so quickly, that I'm a worried parent already! That's why I rushed home early (though wanted to leave at 10, eventually left at 11:53 I guess). I could barely keep my eyes open near Kharadi and drove the last 10 mins at 40 kph!

Spare VRP of the cost. He'll ban himself off t-bhp
He can probably sponsor a tapri meet. A round of chai for all from VRP!

I will load more photos tonight.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 13:18   #273
BHPian

Quote:
I know a good place between Pune and Indapur. Shall we meet there - after I return from my next trip?

I can spare something more than a chai - not the intoxicating stuff though!

Added bonus, there is some kind of a structure there which I have to explore. You will see a huge 'deepmala' while going towards Kurkhumb from Pune. There is a temple and fort like structure here. And, plenty of dhabas nearby!!
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 13:43   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
vrprabhu's punishment should be extended as '' oraganise the pune meet with all expenses''.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
I know a good place between Pune and Indapur. Shall we meet there - after I return from my next trip?

vrp sir,
you took it seriously!!

Looking at the good gesture, the punishment is reduced to just ''organize the meet''.

Sir,
Are you talking about the deepmala at the temple of kurkumbh devi?
The place is around 70 km from pune on nh9 toward solapur.
btw, kurkumbh is infamous for bad smell of chemicals and pollution by chemical factories.

Disclaimer for mx6: In the past and presently, i have no concern with anyone named Deepmala.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 13:45   #275
BHPian

Quote:
ok,
the cafe is based on the theme of motoring, the painting/pics on the wall, the tables, the food menu, everything was revolving around the theme of motors/cars/bike/engine/petrol/oil etc.
Totally agreed, except the food menu. There were no menus like Piston Tikka, Radiator Fry. Ofcourse we had ICE cream.

By the way, the place was so much full of motor parts that when dinner arrived, I searched for nuts & bolts in the gravy of Butter Chicken
Quote:
@mx6
what to say about this man.
I am sure, this sober, intelligent,motivated young man will achieve the success in his career in quick time.
He follows some values[ as every one follows] and i respect it.
Kudos to his knowledge.
I guess he has already achieved a lot of success in the carrer!

On dinner table, I came to know that both of us work in the same domain area. So I told him name of couple of my friends working in his company. With a devilish smile, he told me that "they all used to report me when I was at Mumbai office"
Quote:
@wdm007
congrats for to be first at the meet.
Thanks! But I have now synchronized my watch with TBhp timezone. so I think I will be on "Right time" in next meets.

Quote:
mx6,
post the pics and details.
Seems he is busy googling for new bottles of Horlicks & Bournvita

Quote:

Hmmm... Ganne Ka Juice . Just a wild guess.
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:02   #276
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for so much of stuff here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Totally agreed, except the food menu. There were no menus like Piston Tikka, Radiator Fry. Ofcourse we had ICE cream.

Lol. That's a great one.

I guess he has already achieved a lot of success in the carrer!

I'm not sure how success is measured. I'm happy with what I'm today. And to tell you all, I've not acheived anything big or even small. I'm a small man who just loves his history, culture and music!

Thanks! But I have now synchronized my watch with TBhp timezone. so I think I will be on "Right time" in next meets.

We all aspire to be right on time. You know why? Because we don't want to keep people like AP waiting, who reaches bang on time. So don't synchronize anything. With more people pouring in at right time, others will soon follow suit! People get delayed only due to strong reasons. I had to wait a bit for R.R who was winding up top work.

Seems he is busy googling for new bottles of Horlicks & Bournvita

No bottles of Horlicks. Junior horlicks was only for you. I have those photos back at home and hence will google for Bournvita, red-bull and things like that going home.

One never knows what surprise VRP can spring up. Poor man drove up and down and missed BWM both the sides. He must be a lot dejected especially after the reaction from his wife. VRP, there was one member who came with his wife. She was the lone lady. But she was never lonely (borrowing from idea adverts I see now). So time to get even with your wife by showing that photo.
@superselect. Let's catch up sometime in Mumbai this sunday. I have a 2 - 3 hour window of time where I can catch up with people. I intend to spend some time in Vashi inorbit.
Khoj. Not putting your name here because I guess I read somewhere that you are off to Delhi. So don't think that I'm doing this secretly to escape you
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:29   #277
BHPian

Sorry for being exceptionally late. Slept like a log on sunday and was a panic monday so posting today.
The meet was good, kudos to Ashish and Vasooli anna (thats the name Im hearing), for the show. Indeed a good find. Just what bhpians wanted.
Thanks to Shekhar for the ride back and still driving when I was having my forty winks on the expressway. Sorry Shekhar.
Quite well organised for the food, drinks and entertainment. Just hoped would be able to meet GTO, dippy and other seniors. It would be very encouraging with their presence.

Last edited by kavesh55 : 19th July 2010 at 14:30.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:40   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
The meet was good, kudos to Ashish and Vasooli anna (thats the name Im hearing), for the show.
Oh Kavesh,
i missed your name in the list in my earlier post.
It was nice to meet you.
Hope, next time, we will have better interaction.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:40   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the good gesture, the punishment is reduced to just ''organize the meet''.

Are you talking about the deepmala at the temple of kurkumbh devi?
Skip the 'sir' part

You have already set a precedent - start a thread and find a 'vasooli anna'. Since Baramati is only a stones throw, any doubts who the 'vasooli anna' will be?

You are right. But at the base of the small hillock, there is a fort like structure, and some ruins (of a wada?). Besides, this place somehow gives a hint towards our 'mughal' invaders (no offense to anyone).

For a more 'picturesque', or rather, 'wateresque' surroundings we'll head for Bhigwan... which is one more travelogue long in the planning. (Half-a-dozen visits made - to catch the flamingoes, at Diksal)

Quote:
Right on the dot! WDM007, besides heavy vehicles, there are other interesting aspects to you, I guess!! Missed meeting you.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:57   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right. But at the base of the small hillock, there is a fort like structure, and some ruins (of a wada?). Besides, this place somehow gives a hint towards our 'mughal' invaders (no offense to anyone).
For a more 'picturesque', or rather, 'wateresque' surroundings we'll head for Bhigwan... which is one more travelogue long in the planning. (Half-a-dozen visits made - to catch the flamingoes, at Diksal)
1] @kurkumbh, as you posted, that may be ruins of wada.

2] @bhigwan, earlier, say 5 years back, this place was heaven for migratory birds.
Now a days, due to all water pollution coming from pune, this waterbody during summer has become hell.
There are hardly any birds migrating and stopping at this location.[ some exceptions are there].

for change i will suggest

1] pune-nh9-choufula-right turn-supe.
stop at supe for glimpse of chinkara at mayureshwar wild life sanctuary.
supe-morgaon-jejuri[ khandoba temple at the hillock]-saswad-pune.

2] pune-saswad-jejuri [ khandoba temple]-nira-lonand-veer gaon[ mhaskoba temple]-veer dam-backwaters-shirwal-pune.

for change of 4 hours

pune-bapdeo ghat-kanifnath temple-back on same route.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 19th July 2010 at 14:59.
Old 19th July 2010, 15:10   #281
BHPian

Quote:
7Right on the dot! WDM007, besides heavy vehicles, there are other interesting aspects to you, I guess!! Missed meeting you.
Me too thinks the same, should have met more guys, who came late. But my memory was overflowing after meeting so many new guys.
Still trying to recollect who VRP is . . .
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 15:11   #282
BHPian

Quote:
With all the biggies of T-BHP making their mark with their talk and the sprite, new entrants like WDM007 had to wait, till they can also match the seniors. So guess what WDM007 had?
Good one MS.

Quote:
@ranjit rajaram
finally, came to know the face behind this name.
do write your travelogue.
Sure AP sir, will try to kick start this week.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 15:19   #283
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you guys had a blast! So when is the next one happening?
Is the next one: "Run to the Hills" True Iron Maiden Ishtyle?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 15:22   #284
BHPian

Quote:
I am the one who missed the meet....

But remember the picture of the TATA truck which you wanted about a year ago?

BTW, am yet to get the info on the exact location of where the meet took place (a map would clear the confusion...)
Old 19th July 2010, 15:26   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Me too thinks the same, should have met more guys, who came late. But my memory was overflowing after meeting so many new guys.
Dont have to bang your head, our dear Prabhu mam didn't make it to the meet.
VRP, we missed you in the meet. Are you in for the Kaas trip?
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote