Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When would you be available for the meet?
3rd July - Saturday 2 5.71%
4th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
10th July - Saturday 3 8.57%
17th July - Saturday 28 80.00%
18th July - Sunday 4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th July 2010, 17:42   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
ok,
ab thoda bahut yaad aa raha hai!!!

by 6:45, it was moderate size of @15 guys discussing the cars and k n filters and what not.

@ issigonis
sir, thanks for coming to the meet, kudos to your enthusiasm

Reached to 12mati at@2:30 am via bopdeao ghat after driving @300km to and fro.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread and attending the meet.
>>> AP,

What thanks - I thoroughly enjoyed the meet, including the delayed drive from Bombay (started from McDonald's at Panvel at about 7.30 pm- SuperSelect and I drove side by side;SpruceGoose joined us at the Food Mall on the Expressway) with Super leading the way. We lost Spruce near the Lonavla exit ( the first one). We continued on the Expressway and exited for BWM at the second Lonavla exit and finally reached at 9.30 pm,I think. Spruce joined us there. We were also delayed by traffic jams approaching Lonavla as some of the lanes were closed and the lorries/trucks/monsters were racing each other on the two available lanes at 15.73 kmph.

The next activity has been documented in many posts here, so I will spare the gory details.
Only that we met lots of fellow members, exchanged pleasantries and talked about things automotive, tucked in, and finally left at 1.15 am.
Spruce zoomed off in his brother's NHC with Kavish and it was left to Super and I to keep company on the journey back.

Lonavla was enveloped in mist and the headlights threw up swirls of fog and droplets of water-there was not a soul on the lonely NH4. Straight out of a Hollywood noir film (or maybe one of Manoj Kumar's ghostly/ghastly films of the 60s). Super gallantly led the way indicating with his indicators the tight turns which were taken at low speeds ( 30-50 kmph I think). Reminded me of an old Peter Cheynee novel : Dangerous Curves.

It was fun.

Once we crested Lonavla and its hills, the mist melted away and we maintained respectable speeds, topping at about 90 kmph.

I remembered that on the way to BWM at the start, I had sped away quickly and didn't want to repeat that 'impolite' behaviour with Super in his virginal white Swift.

When I reached home it was 2.39 am.

I watched the assembly of the Z4 on Nat Geo from 3 to 4 and then went to dreamland.

Had a great time thanks to AP,MX6, throttleking, speedy, Cyrus, Kavish and the rest of the folks.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 20th July 2010 at 17:43.
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 17:51   #302
BHPian

@F1 Fan,
Probably will not get it done through Insurance.

As my car is almost 6 years old,and will get insurance on parts for 35% only.And the supporting plate which was damage was badly rusted so the Mechanic said will not get insurance for it.And the total estimate is 10-12k, lets see.
Next month is my insurance renewal and i will loose my no claim bonus if i get it through insurance,so not planning to get it under insurance.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 18:13   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
;SpruceGoose joined us at the Food Mall on the Expressway) with Super leading the way.
Spruce zoomed off in his brother's NHC with Kavish and it was left to Super and I to keep company on the journey back.
sir,
i was expecting you early to the meet so that there will be someone senior to control the spirit of the meet.

Sprucegoose was there in the meet and how i had not noticed it.
spruce, i am really sorry for my ignorance.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th July 2010 at 18:16.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 18:56   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

@Techno. We'd have loved to have you around.
Oh trust me, even I would have loved to be there & I would have attended it for sure if I was in Pune.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 18:59   #305
BHPian

Sorry Guys, I missed this. We spent the evening in Lonavala and got stuck the traffic till 8:30 PM. On the way back, we at least wanted to to say Hi to all of you and kept on looking for the sign board of big-wheels. We could spot Sunny dhaba and Tonni Dhaba but not this one. Since I didnít have anyone of your numbers, couldnt call either(Bad of me that I didnít PM any of you). My 4 year old daughter was tired and we decided to move on to Pune. Where exactly is big wheels?

I will not miss the Kass meet, because I know the location.

Sorry again. Looking at the thread, seem like everyone had a great time!
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 20:08   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Sorry Guys, I missed this. We spent the evening in Lonavala and got stuck the traffic till 8:30 PM. On the way back, we at least wanted to to say Hi to all of you and kept on looking for the sign board of big-wheels. We could spot Sunny dhaba and Tonni Dhaba but not this one. Since I didnít have anyone of your numbers, couldnt call either(Bad of me that I didnít PM any of you). My 4 year old daughter was tired and we decided to move on to Pune. Where exactly is big wheels?

If you are coming from Lonavla side on NH4, it is approx 10 Kms from Sunny ka Dhaba and is on the right side.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 22:34   #307
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to hear that Parimal. But then it's not big that what could have been. A friend of mine drove over a block like this in US and ended breaking the rear axle! Wish your car speedy recovery.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 23:11   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> Lonavla was enveloped in mist and the headlights threw up swirls of fog and droplets of water-there was not a soul on the lonely NH4. Straight out of a Hollywood noir film (or maybe one of Manoj Kumar's ghostly/ghastly films of the 60s). Super gallantly led the way indicating with his indicators the tight turns which were taken at low speeds ( 30-50 kmph I think). Reminded me of an old Peter Cheynee novel : Dangerous Curves.

It was fun.

Once we crested Lonavla and its hills, the mist melted away and we maintained respectable speeds, topping at about 90 kmph.
Wow, issigonis buddy - I've always been a fan of your writing style and posts, but this one tops them all.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 23:21   #309
BHPian

i second superselect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Sorry Guys, I missed this. We spent the evening in Lonavala and got stuck the traffic till 8:30 PM. On the way back, we at least wanted to to say Hi to all of you and kept on looking for the sign board of big-wheels. We could spot Sunny dhaba and Tonni Dhaba but not this one. Since I didn’t have anyone of your numbers, couldnt call either(Bad of me that I didn’t PM any of you). My 4 year old daughter was tired and we decided to move on to Pune. Where exactly is big wheels?

same thing happened with me.it was allmost 10 when i reach big wheels so went directly to puna!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th July 2010 at 23:27. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 23:59   #310
BHPian

@MX6 its late in the night , still waiting for more pics
kenpachigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 00:06   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Really sad to hear that Parimal. But then it's not big that what could have been. A friend of mine drove over a block like this in US and ended breaking the rear axle! Wish your car speedy recovery.

True,Best outcome from the accident is no one got hurt and we were lucky that the car just stopped before that stationary Truck ow we were straight in to the truck so in one way those stones saved us.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 12:48   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
i second superselect!

>>> Thank you Super and procircuit_234

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post

same thing happened with me.it was allmost 10 when i reach big wheels so went directly to puna!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
>>> pro,

You could have stopped by.
We reached BWM at about 9.30 pm and we started from Bombay at about 7.30!
And you had found BWM, which was a big thing going by the posts of some members who couldn't locate it. Better late than never.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 14:22   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
If you are coming from Lonavla side on NH4, it is approx 10 Kms from Sunny ka Dhaba and is on the right side.
Thank you, buddy. I'm pretty sure I have been looking around close to this area, but not sure how I ended up missing that.
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:19   #314
BHPian

Default Kaas drive

Dear All,

As per my discussion with Ashish, Throttleking, MX6 and F1fan during the meet, I have spoken to the hotel owner at Thoseghar falls regarding the lunch to be arranged during the Kaas drive and he has given me a positive response. The per person cost would be given shortly and menu would be finalised after inputs from all.

I had been Mahabaleshwar via Kaas (total offroading) in a Forester and I would recommend this trail to the offroaders here. Pics and GPS route to follow soon.

Suggestions and queries welcome.

Cheers!
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:03   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
Dear All,
@Turbo,

thanks for your input.

There is already a thread regarding kaas drive.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t-24-25-a.html

Please post in that thread regarding anything about kaas drive.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 23rd July 2010 at 12:05.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote