Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 17th November 2005, 14:59   #76
BHPian

Talking I am going to meet some school kids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Ok if its Nov 20th then I think Ill be able to make it, I will be a little late though, Ive got school till 3........expect me anyway......although I mostly wont make it for the big meet, Ill just get to meet you guys and get familiar.....this is gonna be great!
I always think I am a school kid ..even I finished school 11 years back!!! and I am going to meet ppl from my age group

Regards,
Prasanna
prkothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 15:18   #77
BHPian

Lightbulb

hey islero believe us when we say that the school days are the time to be (of course minus the exams et all).. but once you grow out of that age, it seems like you would definitely give a limb for getting back to school.
prkothan, it's been almost 10yrs since i left school and till now, my best friends have been the guys from my school!!!
so, to all guys in school, take care in choosing where you go and with whom you go coz you would have to be with them forever ... nothing philosophical but nonetheless ennodda rendu kaasu.
ak

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 17th November 2005 at 15:19.
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 20:06   #78
BANNED

Sarvanan, Ajay, Avi and others have confirmed... Imran can't say for sure and his situation is justified.

I hope each one of you is thinking of ideas to share regarding plans for the big meet when we meet up. We'll see what suits the majority best and go for it.

Personally, I am really looking forward to this!
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 11:19   #79
BHPian

Thumbs up

wow boom,
your signature has a real heavy patriotic sound to it! nice!
things we need to finalize for our "unofficial" meet (unofficail coz, we'll be deciding on the official date during this unofficial meet .)
1) place and time for our BIG meet.
2) drives following our meet
3) on a more serious note, we should be taking charge of something like inculcating better driving sense (or shall we call it road sense), this we'll keep it as a long term plan.
ennoda rendu kaasu
ak
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 11:40   #80
BANNED

I may be driving down to Pollachi tomorrow to attend a friend's wedding - reception Saturday evening / wedding Sunday morning. In case I don't show up on Sunday afternoon, please accept my apologies in advance.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 11:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

sorry for responding late....was not carrying my cell, so missed Boom's SMS.

I will be there for the meet.

and islero, apart from what avinash said, one more thing. don't forget to cover that calculus thingy before u venture out for drives and TBHP meets.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 11:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ill be staying till about 3:00 , I am straddled with AIEEE classes...........*sigh*
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 11:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
and islero, apart from what avinash said, one more thing. don't forget to cover that calculus thingy before u venture out for drives and TBHP meets.
Calculus is holding me tight in its stranglehold, choking me, but I fight valiantly, powered by speed 97 ( ok I am starting to lose track.....)
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 12:02   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
wow boom,
your signature has a real heavy patriotic sound to it! nice!
things we need to finalize for our "unofficial" meet (unofficail coz, we'll be deciding on the official date during this unofficial meet .)
1) place and time for our BIG meet.
2) drives following our meet
3) on a more serious note, we should be taking charge of something like inculcating better driving sense (or shall we call it road sense), this we'll keep it as a long term plan.
ennoda rendu kaasu
ak
Thanks, da, Avi! Even at home there is a huge board that reads just what my signature does for years. I might sound crazy, but being Indian is what I consider the best blessing of my life and I just love our India. Avi, great thought on trying to do something about the way Chennai traffic is/ road safety - it's a next to impossible task, but I really feel it should be attempted even if we end up failing at it. Also, nice suggestions about what people need to think of for our big meet.

hrag, no problem, only thing is you will lose out on your vote when it comes to deciding the big meet... lol (joking)... Anyway, we'll keep you posted about the big meet, drive safe have a good time at the wedding, my friend.

NOTE!
DATE OF PLANNING MEET: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20th, 2005
TIME: 1400hrs. (2PM)
VENUE: ISPHANI CENTRE, NUNGAMBAKKAM
Old 18th November 2005, 21:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Damn these hathway guys. My net connection was down for 3 whole days.

Coming to our topic, I'm in. 2 PM ,sunday the 20th.

Boom, we should make a list of all those coming. Hope it does cross 10.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 00:36   #86
BHPian

Kewl .. Sounds like a big day for all... btw any ideas on how long we stay there and where we move from there ?
Boom, I love ur style of talking abt India.. ""being Indian is what I consider the best blessing of my life ""... really gr8.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 09:02   #87
BANNED

Thanks, neoranjit. Neoranjit, I have your mobile number noted and am forwarding you my number after I post this post. I'll tell you what we are going to do this Sunday and also on what lines the big meet is being planned.

Nitrous, that is a good idea as you know a few who have confirmed thier presence for our planning meet and I know about the rest. Call me some time today and then, either of us and can post the list on here.

Guys who are yet to confirm please let is know by either calling/ SMS messaging any one of us or by posting on here, thanks.

NOTE!
DATE OF PLANNING MEET: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20th, 2005
TIME: 1400hrs. (2PM)
VENUE: ISPHANI CENTRE, NUNGAMBAKKAM

If you don't know where Isphani Centre is, click here!

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 19th November 2005 at 09:05.
Old 20th November 2005, 12:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

The list:

1) Boomnastic
2) Hianoo
3) Manx
4) Neoranjit
5) Krish.Satish
6) AbinashKeezh
7) Islero
8) Torque.Maestro
9) Vivekiny2k
10) Nitrous
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 22:58   #89
BANNED

Thumbs up Go Chennai Go Chennai Go!

Really nice guys, thanks to each and everyone of you we had a great get to know each other meet. What's really cool is that we were around 12 of us (Our new friend who is going to join our forum and our lady friend would make the number 13 I think).

Nitrous, after you left, we decided to drive down for a casual meet on the 27th to Mahabalipuram... Do let me know if you can make it, da; it was nice to have you there. As of now, Avi, Ranjit, Vivek and me are on for this.

Guys, whoever is incharge of the pics, please do not forget to blank out the registeration plates in the pics. Avi has kindly offered to take care of it if the pics are e-mailed to him.

Great meet, great talks and I really like the way we all got along... We are going to make Chennai famous LOL.
Old 21st November 2005, 10:55   #90
BHPian

Thumbs up Good kick-off

FYI - For the rest of chennai...

The number of people turned up for the meet was good. Ofcourse there were few people missing in action...thought SURPRISE would be there. Hope to meet the rest of chennai on the next meet.

Bit of a shock was when I first met Boom; with those cut marks in his knuckles (more than your cute hair style, only hair was missing...hehehe) followed by Nitrous with sews in his left hand - For a moment I thought - Are these guys have martial art as a second profession or just come back from a fight.

One more highlight was that, I could see most of the car were washed and waxed properly. Avinash I guess you must be having someone to lick your car literally - It was so wet and glossy.

Imran - That was a great music system in your car. I liked your car sound, wonder how it would sound after changing the headers.

Boom - I have to tell this...you have a big mouth man 'as big as your corolla dicky'. But then how could we have a party without a MC like you.
VtecDeGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote