Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 21st November 2005, 11:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

hey,

great going folks. hope to see the missing people too in the next ride, on 27th that is.
waiting for the pics.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 11:20   #92
BHPian

Default Great start!!!

Hi guys,

The meet was realy nice...really enjoyed....

Special thanks to the organisers....

cheers
aNu

PS: waiting 4 pcs and videos ;-)
hianooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 12:30   #93
BHPian

Lightbulb

hey guys,
it was a real good thing that we did to ourselves ...
pamper ourseleves to some thing we like ... talking about cars.
of all things, we had expected around 5-6 to be the maximum number, and it turned out to be almost double than that.
i had just PMed nitrous my mail id. hope he sends the pics to them so i can blank out the name plates before we post them.
so till the pics come out, we'll have to wait ..
ak
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 12:37   #94
BHPian

Arrow

BTW,
boom where's the AUDI post that you had mentioned last evening,
do post the thread's id if possible
ak
Old 21st November 2005, 14:21   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecDeGr8
Bit of a shock was when I first met Boom; with those cut marks in his knuckles (more than your cute hair style, only hair was missing...hehehe) followed by Nitrous with sews in his left hand - For a moment I thought - Are these guys have martial art as a second profession or just come back from a fight.

Boom - I have to tell this...you have a big mouth man 'as big as your corolla dicky'. But then how could we have a party without a MC like you.
Hahaha! I don’t know whether to thank you or puncture your tires, Saru… Maybe both? LOL. What about 27th Mahabalipuram casual drive/ meet, would you be able to make it? Also, can you inform Imran (without the beard) about the 27th plan?

Avi, I just spoke to Mahe, he said the pics have come out great, but he needs a new cable to transfer them to his computer and will send them to you as soon as he gets the cable. Regarding the Audi post, click here (Sheikh Zayad Bin Sultan Al Nayhan's ride..... Amazing) . I just hope it stops raining in a day or two for our 27th drive, da.

Vivek, it was cool meeting you too, my friend. Make sure you’re there on the 27th.

Anu, you’re most welcome, my friend and thanks for coming… If you’re free on the 27th, do join us.

The people who are on for the 27th as of now are:
1. Mahendra
2. Avinash
3. Ranjit
4. Vivek
5. Me
Remember, you are all invited, so, please let us know if you’re coming too, thanks.

Guys! Mahe says the pics have come out great, but he needs a new cable to transfer the pics to his computer... It's raining bad, so, let's give him a day or two to do the needful.
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 14:32   #96
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
FYI - For the rest of chennai...
One more highlight was that, I could see most of the car were washed and waxed properly. Avinash I guess you must be having someone to lick your car literally - It was so wet and glossy.
You guessed it right
Quote:
Boom - I have to tell this...you have a big mouth man 'as big as your corolla dicky'. But then how could we have a party without a MC like you.
and there too, LOL
we guys got along so well, primarily because we didn't have to pretend to be sane or something. everybody was a car buff and that truly helped a lot.
hope we make this habit of meeting up quite often.
ak
Old 21st November 2005, 15:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Guys, sorry I had to leave early( really early too), I was actually hoping to stay till about 3 at Isphahani but since you guys had bigger plans I had to leave for bloody AIEEE class.

Mahendran said you guys had a lot of fun at the beach. Damn!

Anyways, I mostly wont make it to Mahabs too......Call me for your next small 'chumma' meet, I think we can have 'chumma' meets about once a month.

Hope to spend much much more time with u guys......
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 17:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hi guyz,
Great to know that everyone had a nice time at the Meet. was down with Viral Fever so couldn't join!

Health permitting..will make it on 27th(November right?)

Take care Guyz...the Doc said Viral fever and Malaria are spreading fast this season in Chennai:(
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 17:23   #99
BHPian

Thumbs up

1. Mahendra
2. Avinash
3. Ranjit
4. Vivek
5. Anand
6. Kishore kikoo
that makes it six for now!!! hoping more guys would join us soon.
ak
Old 21st November 2005, 19:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Now Boom and Mahendra know why I cudn't make it... To the rest, and to cut a long story short, there was a death in the family on Saturday evening and I had to drive my folks and self to the place and it took a lot longer than I thought it would, ending up missing the meet I so looked forward to....

Boom, so we're having the mega drive on Sunday, 27th? What is the time? Is this a pakka-decided time or is it open to review? Please let me know, I anticipate problems as Sunday happens to be an Auspicious day and there are lot of weddings that my mom has marked on her calender :( ..... and I have 2 personal ones to attend to, too..

ain't too cool being the chauffer, darn!!! And hope it stops raining by then....

Last edited by k_ajay : 21st November 2005 at 19:34.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 20:37   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Ok. Now Boom and Mahendra know why I cudn't make it... To the rest, and to cut a long story short, there was a death in the family on Saturday evening and I had to drive my folks and self to the place and it took a lot longer than I thought it would, ending up missing the meet I so looked forward to....

Boom, so we're having the mega drive on Sunday, 27th? What is the time? Is this a pakka-decided time or is it open to review? Please let me know, I anticipate problems as Sunday happens to be an Auspicious day and there are lot of weddings that my mom has marked on her calender :( ..... and I have 2 personal ones to attend to, too..

ain't too cool being the chauffer, darn!!! And hope it stops raining by then....
No no no Ajay! 27th is not the big meet, just a casual drive and you are more than welcome to join us. We haven't yet decided the exact time, but we are considering 0800-0900hrs as a good time so far. Why don't you give me a call when you're free and we can discuss what time suits you etc. ... LOL I hate typing and make too many typos
Old 21st November 2005, 20:58   #102
BHPian

Folks... I guess we can zero in on the date and time by wed/ thurs. Like Boom said .. we can leave by 8 -9 and make sure we are back by evening.

As for teh others who missed the evening, no worries.. Boom is always there to entertain us and keep us busy with his thots.

Look fwd to meet you all soon.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:20   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
Folks... I guess we can zero in on the date and time by wed/ thurs. Like Boom said .. we can leave by 8 -9 and make sure we are back by evening.

As for teh others who missed the evening, no worries.. Boom is always there to entertain us and keep us busy with his thots.

Look fwd to meet you all soon.
Good thinking, Ranjit . Boys and girls (let's not forget our lady friend), let's decide by Thursday latest as it would help a few more to join us and for us to plan our schedules better.

ATTENTION GUYS WITH CAMS! The weather (if it's just cloudy and not raining like it is today) and the road we are going to drive down are both awesome for taking pics, so, please do bring your cams along, thanks.
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:18   #104
BHPian

hey mahe, anand, vivek, islero, saravanan, avi, and others :

great meeing you guys. sorry that I had to part mid way... had to shift my plans abruptly.. I am NOT in for Mahabs this time and I have a couple of other engagements..

have good time.. and anand, you speak better than you drive :-)
krish.sathish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:05   #105
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish
hey mahe, anand, vivek, islero, saravanan, avi, and others :
great meeing you guys. sorry that I had to part mid way... had to shift my plans abruptly.. I am NOT in for Mahabs this time and I have a couple of other engagements..
have good time.. and anand, you speak better than you drive :-)
im sure he is one very sane person on the road, i followed him all the way from besant nagar beach to the Ispahani centre in numgambakkam and never did he move out of his lane. he really is one sane driver amidst all this chaos. LOL.
ak