Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 22nd November 2005, 18:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
im sure he is one very sane person on the road, i followed him all the way from besant nagar beach to the Ispahani centre in numgambakkam and never did he move out of his lane. he really is one sane driver amidst all this chaos. LOL.
ak
Was jus quipping ... wanted to see his reactions. Nothing offending ..
krish.sathish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:26   #107

hi guys this is imran [without beard]. i have joined to be a bhpian hope to catch up with you guys soon on the 27th
imubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:26   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish
hey mahe, anand, vivek, islero, saravanan, avi, and others :

great meeing you guys. sorry that I had to part mid way... had to shift my plans abruptly.. I am NOT in for Mahabs this time and I have a couple of other engagements..

have good time.. and anand, you speak better than you drive :-)
Huh? Thanks for the compliment on how I try to make you guys laugh , but my driving isn't bad... Vivek was with me in my car and he even said I was a very sensible driver. I always follow lanes, show the indicator, keep a safe distance from other vehicles, never speed in traffic, avoid talking on the mobile phone as far as possible while driving, never drink and drive, wear my seat belt, never drive with high-beam on if there is even a scooter coming in the opposite direction, make sure none of my bulbs are fused, slow down at intersections and always brake for pedestrians who want to cross the road amongst other things.
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:38   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
im sure he is one very sane person on the road, i followed him all the way from besant nagar beach to the Ispahani centre in numgambakkam and never did he move out of his lane. he really is one sane driver amidst all this chaos. LOL.
ak
Thanks, da, Avi... LOL No point in being reckless when we love our wheels so much and around 7 out of 10 motorists on our roads have no regard for the safety of other motorists or for traffic rules. I am so sure you understand this point as we both are equally crazy about keeping our babies safe from scratches and dents and also wanted to do something about the chaotic traffic in Chennai as proposed by you. Thanks once again for stating the truth in my defense .
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:43   #110
BANNED

Default Welcome To Team-BHP, My Friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imubaba
hi guys this is imran [without beard]. i have joined to be a bhpian hope to catch up with you guys soon on the 27th
Welcome to Team-BHP, Imran . Imran, please private message me or SMS message me your number again, da, I accidently erased my log and lost your number and Anu's number... Sorry!

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 22nd November 2005 at 19:46.
Old 22nd November 2005, 21:29   #111
BHPian

Boom,
Guess why Vivek called u a sensible driver ? Cos he was sitting right near you.. wht if he said something and u threw him out of ur car ? eh ? .. jus kidding
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 21:58   #112
BANNED

Thumbs up Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
Boom,
Guess why Vivek called u a sensible driver ? Cos he was sitting right near you.. wht if he said something and u threw him out of ur car ? eh ? .. jus kidding
Point to be noted!!!
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vivek was with me in my car and he even said I was a very sensible driver. I always follow lanes, show the indicator, keep a safe distance from other vehicles, never speed in traffic, avoid talking on the mobile phone as far as possible while driving, never drink and drive, wear my seat belt, never drive with high-beam on if there is even a scooter coming in the opposite direction, make sure none of my bulbs are fused, slow down at intersections and always brake for pedestrians who want to cross the road amongst other things.
Something i would truly respect u for. This is one thing we have in common, my friend.

About the 'beard' thingy, boom...i'm sure there are better ways to refer people. No offence,man. I just want love, fraternity and friendship to bloom in our team, nothing else.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 23:39   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

so is the meet over? the conversation seems to be going... pls save some for the D-Day....

where and when are we meetin?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 10:37   #115
Senior - BHPian

[color=navy][font=Arial]hey guys,
missed a lot of conversation here y'day i guess.
anyways, boom was really a good driver, very much like good old gentlemen on the roads.

oops sorry boom, I know you are one, already
jus kidding.
By the way, See how cleverly i stayed away from comparing it to ur vocal skills. LOL

just wish rains stop and and we can have a sunny meet on the beach.

hey nitrous, thanks for the contact for car lease.

aditya, if you bring the car in ur avatar, i can drive down to adis ababa if u want me to.
[/font][/color]
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 11:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up The Pics !!!!

Here are the Pics:

My favourite pic.From left to right: Boombastic's corolla, neoranjit's esteem, 5u3zero's palio GTX, Mona's esteem, nitrous's red ikon,avinashkeezh's silver ikon 1.6, hianoo's zen ,vtecdegr8's accent.

Members: Nitrous, Mona, neoranjit, avinashkeezh, Mr. boombastic (at the centre of things),hianoo, vtecdegr8, 5u3zero, vivekiny2k.

Avinashkeezh and his spanking new Ikon1.6 nxt. Done just 800 kms in it.

Me , nitrous "the gr8" with my sober ikon 1.3

VtecdeGr8 with his accent . Y didnt u bring the VTEC ??

Last edited by nitrous : 23rd November 2005 at 11:49.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 11:37   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Something i would truly respect u for. This is one thing we have in common, my friend.

About the 'beard' thingy, boom...i'm sure there are better ways to refer people. No offence,man. I just want love, fraternity and friendship to bloom in our team, nothing else.
Aww! Thanks, Nitrous.

We don't mean any offense when we say Imran with beard/ Imran without beard; we just use it distinguish between both the Imrans who are both our good friends. Also, he himself used it to distinguish himself from our other Imran in his post in this thread, but keeping your thoughtful suggestion, maybe we can say GTX Imran and Imran or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
anyways, boom was really a good driver, very much like good old gentlemen on the roads.

oops sorry boom, I know you are one, already
Et tu, Brutus?
Old 23rd November 2005, 11:51   #118
BHPian

Awesome pics... wish I had been there
krish.sathish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 11:53   #119
BANNED

Thumbs up Thanks Nitrous!

Good job, Nitrous... Man! A customer just arrived here... I'll look at them patiently after he leaves in say 30 minutes... Work can be such a pain at times and the cause for one making so many typos in his posts too... Be right back in 30 minutes
Old 23rd November 2005, 14:21   #120
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by imubaba
imubaba,
great to have you on the forum.
first things first, do post a formal intro on the introduce yourself section(also do go through the forum rules).
and about the trip, we r sure to be having some good fun!
ak
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote