Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 13th September 2010, 10:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

Is any one making a bulk booking then please let me know so that I can confirm the same.
Member Turbohoic (from Satara) has been kind. We need to set a dead line cutoff date and then he can help in arranging the needed bookings.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:10   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have added my details to the sheet. Let me know if the Pune folks plan to meet up somewhere in the morning on 25-Sep. I am game for a very early start if needed.

From 20-Sep all the Petroleum dealers are going on a nationwide strike. Hopefully should not last more than a couple of days. But it would be good to fill up the cars/bikes before that.

Biju

Attachment 422963

AFAIK this strike is called off. Govt agreed to increase the trip allowances for the dealers! So there should be no strike but there would be a slight increase in fuel prices though!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Member Turbohoic (from Satara) has been kind. We need to set a dead line cutoff date and then he can help in arranging the needed bookings.
Thanks Turbohoic!! But yes, we need to set a deadline for him to make bookings and if advance needs to be paid. Do we all PM him or use this thread itself to do that?

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:37   #169
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Excellent news there AP. The bloom show starting early this year means that 25th Sept would be either a close shave or a perfect time. Hope the weather pattern holds till 25th and we have a great meet there.

@pjbiju. That's a dampener of a news about the nationwide strike. But normally, petro dealers strikes don't last long as it cripples the nation. Off late we have been having too much strikes and shut downs.

What's more worrying is that 24th is planned as the judgement day for Babri Masjid - Ram janmabhoomi issue. Hope we don't have communal flare-ups post the judgement that further cripple sensitive areas. I'm closely following up news on that front as well.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:40   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Thanks Turbohoic!! But yes, we need to set a deadline for him to make bookings and if advance needs to be paid. Do we all PM him or use this thread itself to do that?

Nainar
I suggest dead line of 15th Sept for the members to confirm in the worksheet provided. This will provide information on how many rooms would be needed, how many nights and budget constraints if any.

I also suggest that one person per city (Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore ...) can interact with Turboholic to align the needed arrangements. Turboholic has given me his contact number. once the co-ordinator per city is agreed, then he can also send the number to this co-odrinator. This way it would be efficient and also prevents all memebers trying to contact Turboholic (& vice versa).

Hi Lalu, KRRaj, Rajbarcode+Friends,anainar

can we meet some time before wednesday for a coffee some where and align our plans ?? PM me.

thanks,
Old 13th September 2010, 12:59   #171
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest dead line of 15th Sept for the members to confirm in the worksheet provided.
I also suggest that one person per city (Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore ...) can interact with Turboholic to align the needed arrangements.
Excellent suggestion there Starvega.

Also the one person per city can double up as a marshal, arranging a meeting spot and leading the pack to drive as a convoy.

Also request the Marshal to highlight his handle in Bold in the excel and pm his contact to all the other's from his city.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 13:27   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
its a pity that my favorite civic is not coming!! right Mr. Lalu
Starvegabond has been kind enough to offer me a seat. Further my family is not joining.

Quote:

can we meet some time before wednesday for a coffee some where and align our plans ?? PM me.

thanks,
Sure, sounds like a good idea to meet up. Please decide and let me know the venue. Am not keeping well for the last 1 week, if it is around my place I would be obliged.

Last edited by laluks : 13th September 2010 at 13:28.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 13:32   #173
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest dead line of 15th Sept for the members to confirm in the worksheet provided. This will provide information on how many rooms would be needed, how many nights and budget constraints if any.

I also suggest that one person per city (Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore ...) can interact with Turboholic to align the needed arrangements. Turboholic has given me his contact number. once the co-ordinator per city is agreed, then he can also send the number to this co-odrinator. This way it would be efficient and also prevents all memebers trying to contact Turboholic (& vice versa).

thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Excellent suggestion there Starvega.

Also the one person per city can double up as a marshal, arranging a meeting spot and leading the pack to drive as a convoy.

Also request the Marshal to highlight his handle in Bold in the excel and pm his contact to all the other's from his city

Guys, I did propose this idea a few pages back (Page 10) itself and also went ahead and proposed you guys for the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Cool, 5:30 AM it is for the Bombay Bombers (liked that name ).

Would also suggest some members being a Point of Contact (POC). Would suggest myself and you (hope you are ok with it) as the POC for Mumbai so that members coming from Mumbai can PM us their cell numbers. This way if someone is late/Kalti (hope not) that morning, they know whom to call and update so that the whole group is not waiting for them.

Would suggest MX6 and Ashish as the other POC's for the Pune group. SVB can be the POC for folks coming from BLR.

Regarding Lunch, I would suggest we go with plan A that Ashish mentioned so that we go to Thosegar falls and then have lunch.
We would need head counts asap so that necessary food can be ordered in advance.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 13:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Guys, I did propose this idea a few pages back (Page 10) itself and also went ahead and proposed you guys for the same
Yes sir, you are the original inventor of the idea

here is the consoldiated (& citiwise sorted) list of confirmations received.

Baramati Rajababu : confirmed

Bombay Bombers : 4 confirmed, 5 yet to confirm (i suggest you think a different name as this name is not politically correct IMO)

Dilli ke Dilwale : our home grown Detective has already confirmed (anymore dilwale coming over ?)

Puneri Peshwas : 5 have confirmed, 10 more to go yet

Bangy Boys : all have confirmed except Parag who is yet to convert his interest into equity.

Hyderabi Nawabs : only one shown interest, but yet to confirm.

i am surprised there are no Fun Loving Goans ??
Attached Files
File Type: xls KAAS Drive & Meet List v1.2.xls (34.5 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by StarVegabond : 13th September 2010 at 13:54.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:01   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bangy Boys : all have confirmed except Parag who is yet to convert his interest into equity.
Going by political correctness should it not be Bengy Boys
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
What's more worrying is that 24th is planned as the judgement day for Babri Masjid - Ram janmabhoomi issue.
Oho, thats point of concern like dudh me namak.
Hope, judgment will be postponed at last minute as usual.

Quote:
Baramati Rajababu : confirmed
Bombay Bombers : 4 confirmed, 5 yet to confirm
Dilli ke Dilwale : our home grown Detective has already confirmed
Puneri Peshwas : 5 have confirmed, 10 more to go yet
Hyderabi Nawabs : only one shown interest, but yet to confirm.
i am surprised there are no Fun Loving Goans ??
Lot more confirmations than expected.
I hope, more of Pune Peshwas will join at last minute.

edit:

Quote:
@laluks,Going by political correctness should it not be Bengy Boys
yes, that should be bengy boys....oops.....bengy appas!!!!

like lalukappa, starappa!!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th September 2010 at 14:09.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:17   #177
BHPian

Quote:

thanks,
I was about to suggest the same. I am game any day, but in the evenings as I will be working. Post 7pm should be great.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:19   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Sure, sounds like a good idea to meet up. Please decide and let me know the venue. Am not keeping well for the last 1 week, if it is around my place I would be obliged.
Guys if we are meeting please let me know a day in advance and the venue.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:23   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I was about to suggest the same. I am game any day, but in the evenings as I will be working. Post 7pm should be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Guys if we are meeting please let me know a day in advance and the venue.
How about tomorrow evening 7 PM some where near marathahalli.
It is closer to Lalu's home as well as my workplace.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:59   #180
BHPian

Quote:
How about tomorrow evening 7 PM some where near marathahalli.
It is closer to Lalu's home as well as my workplace.
Marathahalli should be fine, not that from my home. And Tomorrow eveing 7pm sounds good. I am in.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote