Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th September 2010, 09:29   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Marathahalli should be fine, not that from my home. And Tomorrow eveing 7pm sounds good. I am in.
I am in as well tentatively as I am not sure at what time I will leave office today and will be out of town from Thursday onwards till weekend.

I work and live in Koramangala. Pick up a place and send me a PM before 5:00 PM. I have already pmed my cellphone no to Starvegabond. Even if I dont make it today to add my 2 cents, if you guys agree on the proposed plan to leave by 24th Friday afternoon it is ok with me as well.

Catch you all soon.

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 09:58   #197
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You will not get stuck en-route!

Here is one of the links confirming the news:

Fuel price go up marginally | TopNews

Hope this helps!
Again bad news today - Talks fail, petrol pump strike from Sept 20 - The Times of India
Talks fail, petrol pump strike from Sept 20
NEW DELHI: Petrol pump owners across the country have decided to stick to their guns and down shutters indefinitely from September 20 after talks with state-run oil companies and the oil ministry over a new formula for deciding dealer commission failed on Monday.
Federation of All India Petroleum Traders, which represents around 38,000 petrol pumps in the country, have been demanding dealer commission as a percentage of the pump price instead of the fixed amount on each litre. The dealers made this demand since the government lifted controls over petrol pricing -- at least on paper -- in June and allowed oil companies to change prices after every 30 days in line with international crude.
According to Federation's Ajay Bansal, company executives and ministry officials kept passing the buck at Monday's talks. The official stand was that petrol has been deregulated and decision on commission needs to be taken by the marketing companies. The executives, on the other hand, maintained that they still did not have the freedom to revise petrol prices and diesel was still under government control so it was for the ministry to take a call.
Last week, the ministry had raised dealer commision on petrol from Rs 1,125 per kilolitre to Rs 1,218. Similarly, dealer commsision on diesel was raised from Rs 673 a kilolitre to Rs 757.
The dealers argue that once the companies start changing prices periodically in line with international crude, pump owners will suffer losses on existing stocks every time there is a downward revision. They also claim such frequent changes will also push up their operating costs.
In June, the government had raised petrol prices by Rs 3.50 a litre, diesel by Rs 2, kerosene by Rs 3 and cooking gas by Rs 35 a cylinder. While deciding on the increase, the ministerial panel on fuel had also freed up petrol pricing and said diesel prices, too, would be linked to market in phases.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 10:19   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealers argue that once the companies start changing prices periodically in line with international crude, pump owners will suffer losses on existing stocks every time there is a downward revision. They also claim such frequent changes will also push up their operating costs.

OT- but what about the profits made on the stocks when there is an upward revision?
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 11:30   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thank you anilsanil, that definitely helped.

@rudrah Do remember all coming for their first tbhp meet have to bring in pasteries to the meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
And to do a Tussi great ho salute

I thought you all coming to watch the flower bloom. Jahanpanah's Tofa Kabul...........bilkul nahi hai karna. You don't want to spoil the trip ahead, right?
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 21:39   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Well the Bengy appas just now finished with the discussions, and Star appa has kindly agreed to be the leader of the appas from bengaluru. Rocky appa, myself appa and anainar appa joined the discussions over US pizza, serving indian treats...

Finally Star appa will post the detailed itinery for the bengy appas travelling to kaas...
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 23:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

Got in touch with a forum member who is also a petrol pump owner/dealer and the poor gent himself is in a bit of spot with the now on now off going ons of the petrol pump dealers associations office bearers. As per his experience it will only be on the midnight of 19th/20th that the final plans will be known unless a solution is found earlier. He has promised to keep me updated on the developments.

So I am compiling a list of Company Owned and Co. Operated petrol pumps enroute which should stay open and so also the pumps run by Reliance, Essaar and Shell. So far I have managed to download BPCL pumps list and the search is on for others, any inputs are welcome towards this compilation.

Also spoke to a couple of RTDC motel managers and they report continuous rains over the past 6 days. It was a clear DRY and sunny day here after weeks of daily rains. Delhi has never seen such rains in eons and I hope we have seen the last of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Again bad news today - Talks fail, petrol pump strike from Sept 20 - The Times of India
Talks fail, petrol pump strike from Sept 20
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 11:09   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Well the Bengy appas just now finished with the discussions, and Star appa has kindly agreed to be the leader of the appas from bengaluru. Rocky appa, myself appa and anainar appa joined the discussions over US pizza, serving indian treats...

Finally Star appa will post the detailed itinery for the bengy appas travelling to kaas...

Sorry about missing it. Rain played spoilsport :(

I heard on NDTV that the Ayodhya Verdict is postponed after CWG games. True or Rumour?
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 11:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Just now had a short phone call with Hotel Maharaja at Satara

The hotel has in all 40 rooms viz. 25 AC and 15 Non AC

Tariff is as below

Non AC Delux : RS 1190 + 10% Tax
Non AC Exec : RS 1500 + 10% Tax

AC Delux : RS 2500 + 10% Tax
AC Exec : RS 2700 + 10% Tax
AC Super Exe : RS 3700 + 10% Tax

Breakfast for 2 people complimentory per room
Chechout time : 12 noon
Extra Bed in Non AC rooms : RS 300/-
Extra Bed in AC rooms : RS 400/-

Rooms are available for the 24th & 25th nights, but we need to confirm asap.

For block bookings, they will offer 15% discount on the base fare.
Please note that these is the FIRST INFORMATION REPORT and not deeply negotiated rates.

So the city co-ordinators can call +91 2162233667 and talk to Mr. Ajay Gharge and confirm your respective block booking.

As i am not a great negotiator, If you manage to strike a better rate / discount please let all of us know as well

@Lalu, Rocky, anainar, KRRaj, Parag
I will confirm 5 rooms in all for Bengyboys, please let me know your preferences over the PM.

thanks,

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th September 2010 at 11:35.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 11:48   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Starvegabond has been kind enough to offer me a seat. Further my family is not joining.

Still think about it you will have a driver for your car ready !!
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 13:37   #205
MX6
Senior - BHPian

VPPrabhu
amit3306
Abhay
turboholic
Kenpachigamer
mmxylorider
NeoOnWheels
sushantr5
Vikrantj
anilisanil
Radek
ghatotkatch
pjbiju

Which one of you would like to volunteer to lead the pack from Pune and help in co-ordinating?
Starappa has already started the job from Bengaluru.
I'd have loved to do the same here, but with my leg like this, I'm happy following than leading.

How about you VRP?

I'll be there in Kaas for sure. But in true Rajnikanth style, when and how I don't know. But I'll be there at the right time comes.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 16:10   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I'll be there in Kaas for sure. But in true Rajnikanth style, when and how I don't know. But I'll be there at the right time comes.
O Rajnikant bhai mera kya hoga!!

Do you plant to stay back at Kaas or drive back in the evening. If coming back by what time do you intend to start back from Kaas. I have an invite for dinner at Sopan Baug on Sunday night and was wondering whether to take that up or stay at Satara.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 19:27   #207
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Seems like no one from Pune wants to take the lead. :(

Khoj Bhau. That too I've not decided, true to Rajni style. Like he says, Yesterday I was conductor, today superstar, tomorrow no idea, I would say 24th Pune, 25th Kaas, 26th - He only knows.

Frankly speaking I don't have any plans as yet. Only thing decided is that I will be at the meeting point on NH4 (which I will suggest this sunday in t-bhp) at 7:30 am sharp on 25th and we will all drive to Satara for the meeting at 9:30 and then to kaas.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 08:41   #208
BHPian

KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.2.xls

Here's 1 more confirmation from Mumbai.

3 pacs, Leaving Mumbai by 06:00PM, 24th Sep'10. If anyone leaving by that time, please let me know.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 09:33   #209
Senior - BHPian

For all Bengyboyz
------------------
The tentative driving schedule for us from BLR could be..

01:00 PM : Start from respective homes
02:30 PM : Meet after Toll plaza near Tumkur and start driving further
04:00 PM : VRL Cafe just before Chitradurga
04:20 PM : End of Tea Break
05:20 PM : Davangere BP
18:20 PM : Ranebennur BPCL (re-fueling break)
19:45 PM : Hubli BP
21:00 PM : Hotel Sankam Belgaum
22:00 PM : End of Dinner break + refueling if needed
23:30 PM : Kolhapur BP
01:00 AM : Reach Satara Hotel Maharaja,

there are enough breaks in between, for us to catch up if anyone is a bit slower or relaxed driver.

The only possible delay points are

BLR to Tumkur stretch
if required you can start bit earlier if you feel you need more time to reach Tumkur

Photography breaks @ Chitradurga
Guys who are not interested in photogaphy can processed further and rest will catch up before Belgaum
There is no time to go into the fort. Even fort is not clearly visible from highway, Windmills are visible.

Possible Time Constraints
Sankam Resturant closes by 11 PM, if we expect to reach Belgaum very late, then we might have to either have our dinner before Belgaum or at Mcdonalds Kolhapur (i am not sure upto what time it is ON).
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 10:30   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Possible Time Constraints
Sankam Resturant closes by 11 PM, if we expect to reach Belgaum very late, then we might have to either have our dinner before Belgaum or at Mcdonalds Kolhapur (i am not sure upto what time it is ON).
Well, There are 2 options in that case and I have tried and tested the same earlier.

1. Hotel Garuda@Shiggaon - I Guess this will be too early for dinner since we will be passing this around 7-30pm unless a delay can result we stop over.

2. Ghar Rajasthani Dhaba attached to a BP pump (Just after Hubli Bypass completes) opp. to High court - This has been my refuelling station as well over most of my journeys to Pune in the past. The Place is again good enough for dinner.

We should ideally pass this place around 30 minutes after entering Hubli bypass (say, 8-15pm) and Belgaum from here is not more than 45-50 minutes/ 60 Kms.

I guess both these options can solve our problems in case we are running late and if early we can target Belgaum then.

McDs may not be open post 11-30pm IIRC whenever passing it after 12am towards Pune.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote