Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 16th September 2010, 10:55   #211
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

MS, looks like VRP is missing. Why don't you take the lead? Just put up an timeline like Starappa has done along with the meeting point on NH4. We could all meet at Chandini Chowk or after the first toll booth.

Options.
Meet at Chandini Chowk at 7:15 a.m and depart from there at 7:30 a.m. Otherwise meet at the first tool booth (immediately after crossing the tool booth) at 7:30 a.m. and start from there at 7:45 a.m.

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 11:30   #212
BHPian

grrrr..everyone's plan is moving on except mine. Yet to get my car papers since am doing transfer of ownership!!! Cant risk driving without car papers in my name :(
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 14:07   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
For all Bengyboyz
------------------
02:30 PM : Meet after Toll plaza near Tumkur and start driving further
Which toll plaza to be precise? JAS roadways plaza has two plazas, one where you enter after NICE road paying the toll and one after that where you just show the toll receipt and drive?

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 15:05   #214
BHPian

are we looking at 9 hours of travel to Belgaum; i guess it is too much; my guess we should reach there between 9 and 10pm. I usually take about 6 hours to reach belgaum
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 16:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Which toll plaza to be precise? JAS roadways plaza has two plazas, one where you enter after NICE road paying the toll and one after that where you just show the toll receipt and drive?

Nainar
I am talking about the one just before Tumkur. This is the second toll plaza after Nelamangala village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
are we looking at 9 hours of travel to Belgaum; i guess it is too much; my guess we should reach there between 9 and 10pm. I usually take about 6 hours to reach belgaum
Sir, there are slower drivers like yours-truely and KRRaj, Both of us are not as much experienced as yourself or other regulars on this stretch.
Our cars are not so fast "family cars" viz ANHC and Getz.

I have speed governer (wife) and heart beat (daughter) parmanently installed in my car. More over i have a serious hobbiest photgrapher travelling with me along with all his artillary (tripods, lens set, camera etc), I am sure he will politely request me "can we stop here for one picture" x several times atleast till sun sets for the day.

For all above i have put in some cushion as a part of schedule

for fast and experienced riders like you, you can choose to reach Satara early and enjoy some good times, or start late from Bangalore and reach Satara same time like rest of us, there could be more options as well.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 16th September 2010 at 16:11.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 18:33   #216
BHPian

Folks,

Please pardon my ignorance if this is discussed earlier but Is the sequence of points confirmed? Kaas first or towards the end? I am planning on visiting Kaas and then some other places nearby so this information would be helpful. Personal preference would be Kaas first so that I can join the convoy from Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Options.
Meet at Chandini Chowk at 7:15 a.m and depart from there at 7:30 a.m. Otherwise meet at the first tool booth (immediately after crossing the tool booth) at 7:30 a.m. and start from there at 7:45 a.m.
The petrol pump on NDA road before Chandani Chowk (coming from Univ circle) is a good place to meet up. Reasonable amount of space to park vehicles and a chai tapri close by for those who need a morning dose. FOlks coming via highway can exit out at the HEMRL factory and turn right at the NDA Road junction.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 16th September 2010 at 18:36.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 19:16   #217
BHPian

Default Calling Bombay Bombers

>>> For the Bombay Bombers,

As suggested by f1fan, (for all those who would like to do Kaas and be back in a day from Bombay), we will be starting from McDonald's at Kalamboli - near where the Mumbai-Pune Expressway starts at 5.30 am on 25th morning.

Please send a PM to either f1fan or to me, so that we can co-ordinate a smooth take off. On receipt of the PM we will share our respective cell nos. with you.

We plan to reach Satara and link up with our fellow t-bhpians from other cities ( Pune, Baramati, Bangalore, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Shenzen), to meet and have a hearty breakfast there before proceeding to Thosegar and Kaas.

f1fan and I propose to leave Kaas by 5pm on the 25th itself in order to touch down /roll into Bombay around 11 pm.

Drive safe.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: xls KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.3.xls (42.0 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by issigonis : 16th September 2010 at 19:32. Reason: Added the updated excel; made corrections
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 19:57   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> For the Bombay Bombers,

As suggested by f1fan, (for all those who would like to do Kaas and be back in a day from Bombay), we will be starting from McDonald's at Kalamboli - near where the Mumbai-Pune Expressway starts at 5.30 am on 25th morning.

Please send a PM to either f1fan or to me, so that we can co-ordinate a smooth take off. On receipt of the PM we will share our respective cell nos. with you.

We plan to reach Satara and link up with our fellow t-bhpians from other cities ( Pune, Baramati, Bangalore, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Shenzen), to meet and have a hearty breakfast there before proceeding to Thosegar and Kaas.

f1fan and I propose to leave Kaas by 5pm on the 25th itself in order to touch down /roll into Bombay around 11 pm.

Drive safe.

Regards
This is my confirmation for the meet. Will be meeting all the Bombay Bombers at the Kalamboli Mc'Donalds at 5.30 am. on the 25th. of September 2010, for the onward journey to Kaas.
I will be staying back on the 25th. night at Satara and leave for Bombay on the 26th of Sept. I have updated the xls file accordingly.
A query: For accommodation at Satara, whom should I be contacting?

KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.3.xls
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 10:44   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
This is my confirmation for the meet. Will be meeting all the Bombay Bombers at the Kalamboli Mc'Donalds at 5.30 am. on the 25th. of September 2010, for the onward journey to Kaas.
I will be staying back on the 25th. night at Satara and leave for Bombay on the 26th of Sept. I have updated the xls file accordingly.
A query: For accommodation at Satara, whom should I be contacting?

Attachment 424756
SVB has done the initial cold calling to Hotel Maharaja. I believe we are all waiting for Turboholics to check whether he can get additional discount on room rates. Just ping SVB and let him know that you too would like to stay overnight at Satara so that he can add you to the head count.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
SVB has done the initial cold calling to Hotel Maharaja. I believe we are all waiting for Turboholics to check whether he can get additional discount on room rates. Just ping SVB and let him know that you too would like to stay overnight at Satara so that he can add you to the head count.
Hotel Maharaja is the place everyone gonna stay? Or is there any other hotels to check out?
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:54   #221
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@PJBiju.

Would have loved to take the mantle. But couple of reasons are interfering.

My Leg giving trouble still so I might not be able to do the complete circuit. But having waited the whole year for this spectacle I'd surely be there.

My daughter is recovering from a bout of a mysterious disease (been 10 days now). With doctors panicking and pushing for flu shots, I felt it's better to avoid them and we have seen some remarkable recuperation with a home remedy. So family joining me is also not decided till last moment.

Hence don't want to start something that I might not be able to finish.

However, what I'd do is pm my number to all Pune members and also finalise a meeting point on NH4 for all to congregate and drive down as a convoy.

Once we reach Satara, we can proceed to Kaas as a mega convoy.

For acco for pune members, I'd request one of the other person to voluteer or if they can consolidate and Starappa can help take that count across it will be helpful.

Else pm Turboholic, is my suggestion.

I've not decided on stay. It all depends on my leg/ daughter's health.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:59   #222
BHPian

Well...am sorry to be the first one to give the dreaded "kalti"....was reminded by wifey that its my b'day on the 26th and she has some pvt plans over the weekend ...so have preponed my Kaas trip to this weekend.

I will be at Kaas on the morning of the 18th..hope to provide you guys with a glimpse of what to expect!! Anyone here one gonna be there at that time?? Also, I am given to understand that there is a bueatiful museum at AUNDH with orginal artworks of Raja Ravi Verma and many others around 25-30 kms from Satara. I plan to visit there too if time permits...will post pics and a log...if possible.

I know what I am gonna miss but as many of you may agree, one can't argue with the boss!

Last edited by nix1976in : 17th September 2010 at 12:01.
nix1976in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:09   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
I will be at Kaas on the morning of the 18th..hope to provide you guys with a glimpse of what to expect!! Anyone here one gonna be there at that time?? Also, I am given to understand that there is a bueatiful museum at AUNDH with orginal artworks of Raja Ravi Verma and many others around 25-30 kms from Satara. I plan to visit there too if time permits...will post pics and a log...if possible.
Nikhil,

Do let us know places around you visited along with good stay options out there! Let us know if by 25th, if we are gonna miss the beauty of Kaas as the rains have stopped almost weeks back!
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:32   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hotel Maharaja is the place everyone gonna stay? Or is there any other hotels to check out?
I believe there are two-three options and Maharaja is one of them. Nothing has been finalized yet.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:42   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Well...am sorry to be the first one to give the dreaded "kalti"....
Also, I am given to understand that there is a bueatiful museum at [b]AUNDH with orginal artworks of Raja Ravi Verma and many others around 25-30 kms from Satara.
Congratulations.... for first confirmed Kalti ....and......happy birthday in adv.

There is beautiful museum at Aundh, also a temple on hillock nearby, a palace in the town with elephants at the door.
Do visit that place but i think it is more than 30 km away from Satara.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th September 2010 at 12:44.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote