Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 18th September 2010, 11:04   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Our guys just at the drop of a hat will start to settle scores. So I too assume there will be some unrests. But what time is the verdict being announced?

Probably can give it a while to see what happens and if things are peaceful start late, then.

I'm passionate about visiting kaas and just to let it go like that ... :(
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:11   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

Finally, you got ultimate reason to be........probable kalti........
This is FORCED MAJEURE situation. No one, No event, No provocation/motivation and NO attraction is above the safety of ourselves, loved ones and our assets.

there is no way i would like to get stuck in between or at 700KM from my home and work place due to some people are not happy with the verdict.
That too, when i have a 4 day official trip starting on monday next.

given this situation, i am no way YET saying that i am withdrawing. At home there is excitement already, preparations are ON, schedules have been drawn up. only thing pending is booking the hotel accomodation.

I wanted another opinion of my fellow bengyboyz prior to actually booking the accomodation.
I would like to make WISER Decision than a Kalti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
But what time is the verdict being announced?

Probably can give it a while to see what happens and if things are peaceful start late, then.

I'm passionate about visiting kaas and just to let it go like that ... :(
I am not sure if at all the verdict will come out, Govt can not afford this unrest at this time especially with CWG just 1 week away from the verdict date, upcoming elections in Bihar, improving economy and consumption due to positive sentiments and festivals etc etc.

having said this verdict is needed, it will come out some day, earlier the better, faster the better (it has been delayed already). People need to respect the Democratic rule of law, decisions by the court of law, and move on.

but... We are India, We are like this only

Last edited by StarVegabond : 18th September 2010 at 12:13.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:31   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

Finally, you got ultimate reason to be........probable kalti........
Its not about being a Kalti.

I just spoke to a couple of my friends from North Karnataka. They also suggested to be on safer side as we will be having KA registration so higher possibility of getting into a scuffle with the people looking to create trouble.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:31   #244
Senior - BHPian

After 242 posts, just one week to go and i see this kaas drive meet is on way of cancellation.

Quote:
No one, No event, No provocation/motivation and NO attraction is above the safety of ourselves, loved ones and our assets.
I understand the situation and life is above anything.

As the situation is unclear, no one including me can give confirmation for this trip.[ no more word of kalti from me].

As the flower bloom period will end in last week of sept, there will be no point in going after the proposed date of this drive meet.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th September 2010 at 12:36.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:36   #245
BHPian

Lets wait and watch as LALU sirjii has suggested i also dont want to miss this trip. If everything is fine we'll just delay the departure time and continue with our trip.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:45   #246
BHPian

If there is unrest surely will drop out from the meet.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 13:31   #247
BHPian

Folks, lets not jump to conclusions.
I still feel that the verdict might get delayed purely bcos a flare up in tensions is not in the best interest of the upcoming CWG Games.
I would suggest we maintaining "Status quo" till 24th and parallely plan our activities.

SVB: We all surely do understand your concern especially bcos you bengyboyz are travelling long distance and that too with family. I would suggest we continue our planning but kindly dont book any hotel rooms now. Just talk to them and get an idea on the number of rooms available and costs related so that we can then decide on 24th as to what to do next.

Praying that the KAAS trip happens as planned as I surely cant wait for another year to see the same.

Cheers
f1fan

Last edited by f1fan : 18th September 2010 at 13:33.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 19:57   #248
BHPian

The petrol-pumps' strike seems to be called off according to 'Born 2 B Wild' (posted on another thread). By the grace of Ganesha the Babri verdict will also be postponed till later; so keeping fingers crossed. However, if the verdict is announced, I too would not like to venture out of home. Cheers guys!
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 23:27   #249
BHPian

The Judgement is poised to be delivered at 3:30pm, Sat 24th. Thats about when we will be somewhere on the way along the trip. I would propose a wait and see policy. Just because of some morons with no work, we just cant enjoy something.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 23:44   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
The petrol-pumps' strike seems to be called off according to 'Born 2 B Wild' (posted on another thread). By the grace of Ganesha the Babri verdict will also be postponed till later; so keeping fingers crossed. However, if the verdict is announced, I too would not like to venture out of home. Cheers guys!
Good. Atleast one headache out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
The Judgement is poised to be delivered at 3:30pm, Sat 24th. Thats about when we will be somewhere on the way along the trip. I would propose a wait and see policy. Just because of some morons with no work, we just cant enjoy something.
I believe you meant at 3:30 PM on Friday 24th Sep 2010

Last edited by f1fan : 18th September 2010 at 23:46.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 07:08   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
I agree to this. Had a talk today morning to my regular gas station guy and he confirmed that no updated has yet come about the strike and not sure whether it will happen or not.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 13:32   #252
Senior - BHPian

The firing incident at Jama Masjid here in the capital is definitely going to change things, in the sense the chances that judgement could now be deferred have exponentially increased. The government is not going to risk anything now that may cast its shadow on the CWG. Further if the judgement is deferred to any date beyond early October the whole case will go into a limbo. One of the judges who is on the bench hearing this case is due to retire in the first week of OCT and once he is replaced by another judge, the new judge will have to bring himself up to speed which is a longish process. On the flip side this may also be the reason that may make the government bite the bullet and go ahead per schedule.

Anyhow it has started raining in Delhi after 4 odd sunny days and with the petrol strike called off I am more than eager to drive out.

Last edited by khoj : 19th September 2010 at 13:33.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 16:23   #253
BHPian

Default Kaas Glimpse

Hey Guys,
Had been to Kaas and a few other places on Saturday...pls check the photologue at the link below..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2075124 (Monsoon Break : Hills, waterfalls and temples!)

Hope you guys can all make it...its worth the trip!

Last edited by nix1976in : 19th September 2010 at 16:34.
nix1976in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 22:52   #254
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I did the following route today: Pune-Kaas-Thoseghar-Pune

Sorry, I had earlier intended for next weekend at the meet, but have some urgent work next weekend. I was glued to this thread and yesterday I realised that if I dont go this season then I would have the regret for a year..

Started from Pune at 8:30 AM, reached Kaas at 12:30, we had a 45 mins stop at milestone for breakfast. We had lunch at Prakruti resort and reached Thoseghar at around 3:30 PM. Spent an hour there and started back after 4:30 PM and reached Pune by 7:00 PM.

Kaas was absolutely wonderful, heavenly and unbelievable.. it was a surreal experience.. Thoseghar was okay. As Nikhil mentioned, the water flow was not as much as some of the earlier photos from other folks suggest..

General issues:
1. Driving through Khambatki ghat was frustrating with lots of trucks and many of them blocking both lanes, difficult to make out who is overtaking whom
2. Kaas experience was somewhat blighted by the traffic snarls. My car was banged by a bike wala while it was parked and driver side almost ripped off by a huge bus trying to squeeze between 2 cars. Taking U turn became a nightmare
3. There are not many options for lunch, so if you go at the usual time, then expect waiting times

Advice:
For the meet next weekend, the traffic situation will be a pain. There is a tight 2 lane road with half a car worth on either side as the Kachcha road. And there are good number of Volvos, normal 2X2 buses and state transport buses coming from either side.
1. Find a parking place a bit farther from the main spot and if you plan to return, do a U Turn when you reach, so that you can make a quick gateaway when you return
2. Best to park bit inside from the road. I saw a swift with the front bumper ripped off while parked, by a hit and run vehicle.
3. I saw lot of burrows inside flower beds, probably belonging to snakes. I followed the advice on the thread to walk with heavy footsteps and thankfully did not have any incident

Note:
People are very helpful and nice, that really helps the situation. BTW, atleast 70% of the vehicles were either Pune or Mumbai passing
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 23:51   #255
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'd been to kaas today. And it is a profusion of flowers. I couldn't take my family and went with a friend.
The weather turned on it's head the moment we parked the car in Kaas. It was blistering hot till Satara. And sweltering as we climbed.
And then there was a cool breeze, then the mist. Oh man. It was heaven. The temperature would have dropped from 35 to 22 or 23 in a matter of minutes.

And the photos. Boy oh boy. I loaded the SD card on to my lcd tv and it was mind boggling. Wait for a couple of days and some of them will make it to the Magnificent Maharashtra log.

Anyway, here's my Verdict!

25th of Sept, I will be there in Kaas. With family.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote