Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 20th September 2010, 00:32   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I shall post the map of the assembly point for Pune people on Sunday.
Mani,
Good to see that your multiple trips to Kaas are happening. I trust the map is coming too.

EDIT Are any of the Pune members driving from Wakad or nearby area, kindly let me know.

Last edited by khoj : 20th September 2010 at 00:46.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 00:33   #257

Unhappy sorry to drop out

really sorry to drop out of the meet guys, but i am not feeling like it's worth the risk as of now. i was going to skip one training scheduled over the weekend, to attend this meet, my first at TBHP. but in view of the ayodhya verdict and subsequent volatility, i feel it's better to be safe, than leaving your hard-earned vehicle and yourself at the mercy of some politically motivated goons. so have decided to skip the meet and attend the training instead (provided it doesnt get postponed due to same reasons, that is).

it would have been really a great pleasure to meet you guys, especially since i have recently joined TBHP and this would have been my first chance to get to know people here in person. alas! that was not to be. :(

(i have marked myself as tentative in the sheet, because just in case things turn favourable, i dont want to miss out on this.)
Attached Files
File Type: xls KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.3(2).xls (23.0 KB, 148 views)
ghatotkatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 02:07   #258
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I trust the map is coming too.

EDIT Are any of the Pune members driving from Wakad or nearby area, kindly let me know.
Map is coming up tomorrow.

I drive from the wrong end of Pune. So I join the NH4 after the old Katraj Tunnel. Wakad/ Chandni chowk people take the new Katraj Tunnel.

Hence I was thinking of suggesting a meeting point beyond the place where the Old Katraj Tunnel route merges with NH4. And there's an ok place near a restaurant as well there which can accomodate 7 - 8 cars.

I'm going to go to this place again at any cost!

And people, guess what? I saw a test drive of the 22 wheeler from Tata on the road! Man, it reminded me of the great 18 wheelers of US.

The way that guy clambered up the ghats was just awesome. I raced ahead and found a nice spot to pull over and stop and was all ready to take photos. And this guy goes over to overtake another big old truck at the very spot and I couldn't grab a clear shot.

So I tried doing a crazy video recording from my mobile. Will put that up in youtube and paste the link in here.

The road from Pune to Satara has become bumpy. It took me 3 hours to reach Satara from home.

Left Katraj at 10:40 and was in Satara by 1 for lunch. Then walked an hour in search of Duracell. Guys ensure you all have stocked up on Duracell if that's what powers your camera.

There was heavy crowd in Kaas. I managed to take many photos avoiding people.

I also drove down to Kaas lake and crossed it and went further. Then I thought of dropping Bamnoli and turned back.

On the return there was heavy traffic jam at Kaas and took some time to navigate carefully. Many people drove like morons there.

I think it would be a bit better to meet up in Satara around 10:30 instead of 9:30 for people travelling from Pune/ Mumbai.

For the Bengyboyz, I do appreciate your concern over the Ayodhya Verdict. The Jumma Masjid blast is probably to cause flutter in the CWG and has nothing to do with Ayodhya I guess. But use prudence and caution.

I'm going to take my family there. I've never seen anything so beautiful ever since my trip to Gulmarg and the more recent Keukenhoff.

Hope the flowers hold on for another week and the weather turns amazing like it did in the 2.5 hours I was there.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 09:59   #259
BHPian

Sheet updated with my details. My plan is to visit Kaas only....
Attached Files
File Type: xls KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.3(2).xls (30.0 KB, 124 views)
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:19   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd been to kaas today.
25th of Sept, I will be there in Kaas. With family.
Quote:
I'm going to go to this place again at any cost!
I also drove down to Kaas lake and crossed it and went further. Then I thought of dropping Bamnoli and turned back.
You went to kaas yesterday, good,
you didn't pm me, bad,
you still have not posted the pics, cruel.

If meet is happening on 25th, i will be there surely.
If there is Ayodhya verdict on 24th, naturally, there will be no meet,
i will assess the situation on 25th, will be at kaas on 26th.

For mumbai and pune guys, i propose, if ayodhya verdict announced on 24th, we will wait and assess the situation on 25th,
if aal is well, then we will have kaas meet on 26th, sunday.

''Jee lalacha raha hai, abhi kaas drive pe jau''

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th September 2010 at 10:38.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:42   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
You went to kaas yesterday, good,
you didn't pm me, bad,

i will assess the situation on 25th, will be at kaas on 26th.

For mumbai and pune guys, i propose, if ayodhya verdict announced on 24th, we will wait and assess the situation on 25th,

''Jee lalacha raha hai, abhi kaas drive pe jau''
I am game for any day next weekend. Really don't want to miss it this time.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:08   #262
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you didn't pm me, bad,
Apologies for not PMing you. I wasn't sure whether my leg can manage that drive. I wasn't sure whether I'd end up in Kaas or turn midway.

So didn't want to let people know when things weren't sure.

Also it was a last minute decision to drive (with just a friend who opted to join and take the risk).

Pics will come up in Mahalog.

I'd shot most of the pics in Raw format. And I realise that I've misplaced the software that converts Raw to Jpeg for my pentax somewhere.

So with over 75% of photos that I can't see yet on my laptop as they are in PEF format, I shall work on putting up some of the 25% to start with.

My suggestion is not to change the meet dates. Bengyboys would have planned the leaves so as to report back on Monday. So let them say whether postponing this by 1 day is ok for them.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:46   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Hi everyone,

I did the following route today: Pune-Kaas-Thoseghar-Pune

Kaas was absolutely wonderful, heavenly and unbelievable.. it was a surreal experience.. Thoseghar was okay. As Nikhil mentioned, the water flow was not as much as some of the earlier photos from other folks suggest..
Quote:
My suggestion is not to change the meet dates. Bengyboys would have planned the leaves so as to report back on Monday. So let them say whether postponing this by 1 day is ok for them.
Guys,

What do you feel if incase, 25th/26th is missed, can we still have the flower show next weekends?

As it rained here heavily in Navi Mumbai, is it raining there too? Probably that can help extending the chances of the flower bloom!

What about people who are planning for stay, as if we decide to start on 25th at the last moment, can we get hotel bookings at the last call?
rudrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:53   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if ayodhya verdict announced on 24th, we will wait and assess the situation on 25th,
Quote:
Apologies for not PMing you.
@mx6,
no need of apology!!!
mai to aisa hi tere fracture pair ki khinchai kar raha tha!!!

25th meet is still on.

Bengy appas have genuine reason.
I have not suggested to call off on 25th,
I am just suggesting that if there is verdict on 24th, we can't go on 25th as situation will be unclear,
we will assess the situation on 25th and then decide on date of 26th.

I am with the collective decision taken.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:03   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like people have started visiting the place on their own, than waiting for the meet

In the uncertain scenario that's the best that could be done.

Anyways from the posts that are on the trips done, it seems like the place is crowded, and cars getting damaged due to the lack of parking space and unruly drivers etc..

And coming to think of all the cars this tbhp drive will bring to Kaas, I've started imagining the scenario. I guess it all doesn't end up in a mess.

I'm passionate about doing this trip, if things are safe.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:23   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Guys,

What do you feel if incase, 25th/26th is missed, can we still have the flower show next weekends?
Based on the information I have collected, flowers would be there in the next week as well. The only thing is that week on week the flower beds would have a different colour based on the dominant coloured flowers blooming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
As it rained here heavily in Navi Mumbai, is it raining there too? Probably that can help extending the chances of the flower bloom!
It was not raining at all yesterday, but was very cloudy throughout the day. Not very good light for photographs, but thankfully no rains. It did start to drizzle slightly by 5 PM
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 13:07   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Anyways from the posts that are on the trips done, it seems like the place is crowded, and cars getting damaged due to the lack of parking space and unruly drivers etc..

And coming to think of all the cars this tbhp drive will bring to Kaas, I've started imagining the scenario. I guess it all doesn't end up in a mess.
Traffic and parking would be a major cause for concern. There are too many tour operators who are cashing on this spectacle. I would recount one incident near the main spot. There were 2 cars parked on both side of the road, one half on the road and the other completely off the road and there was this huge travel bus. The bus driver was saying there is too less a space to take the bus, but the tour organisers were adamant that take the bus forward as they might be running to a schedule. Finally the bus driver got the bus in and after 15-20 mins coaxed the bus through the opening. I would say the bus was within a hair's gap of brushing one of the cars.

Like I mentioned earlier, it would be prudent to park a bit farther down the road towards Bamnoli and make sure you have good enough space to turn the vehicles, else it would become chaotic
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 15:12   #268
BHPian

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the b'day wishes..had'nt forgotten the date but the day...didnt realise it was Sunday and hence the mess.

However, Kaas is blooming and definately deserves a visit, one can skip Thoseghar since its down to a trickle now and go to Aundh for the muesuem, its awesome.

Regards.
nix1976in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 15:52   #269
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here. Check out some teasers I've started posting on my other log.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2075994-post670.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2076142-post672.html

I'd skipped even Bamnoli. Thosegar would not be a glory to watch out. But Kaas is terrific.

So the next weekend meet, one can safely keep out Bamnoli/ Thosegar and spend the whole day in Kaas itself.

With Mist covering and visibility reducing, photography was tricky. But then, I had a great time.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:26   #270
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Just now Lalu had called me, we had a discussion about the situation and concluded that the prepartions for the trip should continue as planned.

my apologies, i have been busy since last few days due to my frequent official travels. Lalu told me that few members from Mumbai/Pune who wanted accomodation seems to be checking whether i would do co-ordinate the reservations for them.

We will take stock of the situation along with others from bangalore on thursday and again on friday morning and then decide. Hence we have concluded that hotel booking should not be done till friday morning.

Considering that i suggest that the BHPians travelling from Pune and Mumbai and needing accomodation at Satara sould go ahead and make their respective hotel reservations themselves.

I have already posted earlier the tariff at hotel maharaja along with the contact name.

thanks,
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote