Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 20th September 2010, 20:44   #271
MX6
Senior - BHPian

And to add to the hotel bookings, I'd suggest hold it till the verdict is over.

In worse case scenario where you people have reached Satara and don't have a place, remember, I have a big hall in my home in Pune.

I have a gut feeling that people would not even bother about the verdict. Frankly, how many Indians still believe in justice rendered by the courts?

And guess what? 22nd is a holiday for me it seems. Immediately I wanted to go for another trip to Kaas. You know mid week is the best time to be there.

But then, 300 kms x 3 trips in under 6 days is too much for my leg. So let's meet up on Saturday guys!

And for all Pune folks. How about meeting here on Saturday morning.

Co-ordinates are 18.387729,73.856803 (pull up this in google maps).

Here's a map showing the location.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-meeting-point.jpg

It's the place immediately after where the new Katraj tunnel (NH4 pune bypass) meets with the old Katraj tunnel road on NH4.

Immediately to the left, there are two dhabas where 7 - 8 cars can be easily parked. It's just off the NH4 and one can easily get on to the highway at the very place. That's the earliest place on NH4 where people coming from Wakad/ Chandni chowk as well as people coming from Hadapsar/ Swargate side can meet up.

Here's a satellite pic of the place (green arrow).
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-meeting-point-2.jpg

What say guys? If the place is ok, let's freeze the time.

Last edited by MX6 : 20th September 2010 at 20:59.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 21:39   #272
BHPian

Guys,
ON my tripto Kaas last weekend, we had stopped over at Maharaja for lunch and I saw a lot of tourist traffic in Maharaja...they were booked fully for the weekend. I suggest that people who want to stay back should check the place immediately.

Regards.
nix1976in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 22:36   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
So let's meet up on Saturday guys!

And for all Pune folks. How about meeting here on Saturday morning.
Saturday? change in plans? can someone remove my confusion
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 22:56   #274
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@mmxylorider.

Saturday is 25th Sept. Where is the confusion? Mumbai people are driving as a convoy, starting from Mumbai at 5 am or so on Saturday, 25th. Pune guys can also meet up and start around 7 / 7:30 and I proposed this spot on NH4. If the mumbai guys can wait here, then it will be a bigger convoy.
Bengyappas will be coming and staying overnight in Satara on 24th and we all meet on 25th at 9:30 (which I thought will be good to push it an hour late) and ride out towards kaas same day at 10.

Clear sire?
Old 20th September 2010, 23:09   #275
BHPian

Quote:
@mmxylorider.

Saturday is 25th Sept. Where is the confusion? Mumbai people are driving as a convoy, starting from Mumbai at 5 am or so on Saturday, 25th. Pune guys can also meet up and start around 7 / 7:30 and I proposed this spot on NH4. If the mumbai guys can wait here, then it will be a bigger convoy.
Bengyappas will be coming and staying overnight in Satara on 24th and we all meet on 25th at 9:30 (which I thought will be good to push it an hour late) and ride out towards kaas same day at 10.

Clear sire?
Crystal. Confusion because 24-25-26 are the dates floating out there, now the uncertainty and for whatever reason I was thinking 26 Sep as the date of the drive.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:19   #276
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Pune guys. Are you all ok with the meeting point I put up? Please do let me know.

Our reception committee in Satara is ready now.
They are waiting for us to make our presence felt. Do bring refreshments for them.

Here's a photo of the reception committee.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-monkey.jpg
Old 21st September 2010, 15:53   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Pune guys. Are you all ok with the meeting point I put up? Please do let me know.

They are waiting for us to make our presence felt. Do bring refreshments for them.

Attachment 427311
That's one hell of a reception committee !!
On seeing this snap, I am sure my kids would be eagerly looking forward to this trip.

BTW what time would you all be leaving from that spot. We Bombay bombers would be leaving McD, Kalamboli at 5:30 AM sharp, hence might pass thru that spot in maybe 2 hours i.e. 7:30 AM.

Last edited by f1fan : 21st September 2010 at 16:08.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 15:59   #278
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 427311
Sounds like a plan. Time? May I suggest people to switch on blinkers on reaching the meeting point for others to notice and stop at the right place?

Note : Just looked outside my window and its overcast and raining here in Hinjewadi. Sure hope it's a passing shower and not a precursor of weekend weather

Last edited by mmxylorider : 21st September 2010 at 16:05.
Old 21st September 2010, 16:12   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Saturday? change in plans?
Quote:
Saturday is 25th Sept. Where is the confusion?
Quote:
Crystal. Confusion because 24-25-26 are the dates floating out there, now the uncertainty and for whatever reason I was thinking 26 Sep as the date of the drive.
There is no question of 24th.

As per schedule, 25th is the D-day which depends on the ayodhya verdict on 24th.

If there is really a verdict on 24th, i think it will be wise to assess the situation on 25th sitting in office and home and then decide whether to do it on 26th.

We can do it on 2nd oct [ saturday, Gandhi jayanti] but i am not sure if we will catch the flower bloom which will be over by then.

The situation will be clear on 23rd if there is verdict or not, till then, our planning goes on.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
On seeing this snap, I am sure my kids would be eagerly looking forward to this trip.
@mx6,
''reception party ko advance payment diya kya?''

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. Time? May I suggest people to switch on blinkers on reaching the meeting point for others to notice and stop at the right place?
Nice idea,
i suggest, rather than blinker, each one buy police siren and put it on so that we will get clear roads and attention.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 21st September 2010 at 16:27.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 17:53   #280
BHPian

Guys, just called up Hotel Maharaja. Only 1 room is left, rest are booked

We were 4 Adults in total and cant fit in 1 room so now need to search new hotel but unfortunately can't see any good ones.

Anyone who can help out with neat hotels as we are with family and kids <3years!
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 18:11   #281
BHPian

Looking at all this chaos, I am contemplating a change in plan. I am anyway scheduled to be in Pune next week. I was planning to leave on 24th with Star/Laluks and stay in Satara on 24th night, meet at Kaas and goto Pune 25th Evening. But my presence in Pune cannot be changed and I have to be there that week. So, I would probably leave for Pune on 23rd and I can join the guys from Pune on 25th if the meet is on.

Star, Laluks - FYI guys. You have to take me out of the Bengyappas convoy.

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 18:14   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Star, Laluks - FYI guys. You have to take me out of the Bengyappas convoy.

Nainar
That is a very practical approach, Please go ahead sir.
thanks,
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 18:19   #283
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Satara has limited options. But Kolhapur has plenty to stay. It's also closer to Bangalore.
So don't break your heads over Satara. One can stay for the night in Kolhapur and drive early in the morning (Leave by 8 and reach satara by 9:30 - 10) at the assembly point.

simple. After a nice long day in Kaas, Bengyappas can retire to their hotels in Kolhapur late in the night.

@AP. Does anainar get Kalti (Cult) status?

I had peanuts for the reception committee (bought in a toll booth) but my friend ate all that himself. So the monkeys had to go home like Software engineers who eagerly waited for performance bonus, but were rewarded with a pink slip instead!

Will make up to the reception comittee this weekend.

Last edited by MX6 : 21st September 2010 at 18:20.
Old 21st September 2010, 18:38   #284
BHPian

Hi guys,
Was excited about this meet, my first with TBHP. Unfortunately my mother had a fall in the bathroom and suffered a shoulder fracture due to which am unable to make it.
Have fun guys.
magiceye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 19:43   #285
MX6
Senior - BHPian

We'd miss you magiceye. And wish your mother a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about the fracture.

@Khoj. Are you ok with the meeting point that I'd suggested? There's no further response from other Pune people.

Mumbaikars. you'd be more or less crossing that spot by 7:30. Liked the blinker idea. I'd be there at that designated spot flashing my lights.