Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 21st September 2010, 22:06   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@Khoj. Are you ok with the meeting point that I'd suggested? There's no further response from other Pune people.

Mumbaikars. you'd be more or less crossing that spot by 7:30. Liked the blinker idea. I'd be there at that designated spot flashing my lights.
MX6 seems to be in full form . On a serious note, despite already been there twice, your excitement is obvious and its commendable. Is it KAAS, or the drive or the meet with fellow BHPians or all? Way to go!

BTW, I could not drive on 18th and hence did not PM. I am planning for tomorrow.

Regards

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 21st September 2010 at 22:11.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:39   #287
Senior - BHPian

Allright, I am on my way. Left from my place in Dilli today in the forenoon at 1130 and reached the Paras Mahal hotel(made famous by a Yellow Nano earlier this year) in Udaipur around 2100 hrs covering 688 kms. Must thank AlokSriva, Deky and MX6 for their valuable help and inputs before the trip and enroute. I will be at Ginger Wakad on the eve of 24th. Dinner invitations are welcome.

Quote:
@Khoj. Are you ok with the meeting point that I'd suggested? There's no further response from other Pune people.
Mani, Thanks again man. Speaking to you gave me time warp speed. One minute I am on the phone and next I am in Udaipur.

The spot is OK but why is it showing three different roads. I can understand the the extreme left is going towards BOM and the extreme right towards Satara, what is the middle one. Is it a bridge and the side ones are service lanes? Kindly elaborate.

During our telecon earlier this late evening while trying to maintain a steady 120 kmph (please do not flame me) it did not occur to me to mention that I have requested Issigonis for a lift from Ginger Wakad. See tomorrow onwards I will be making a lot of excursions off the highway and meeting my sponsors for the trip. So by 24th I will be exhausted physically and mentally and therefore I made the request, which Issigonis has very kindly agreed to. So 90% chances are that you will find the two of us together. I might even drive back with him and not stay at Satara for the night.

Enough of my travel plans, kindly clear out my confusion regarding that multiple lane bit.

EDIT I just remembered you also have to get those pdf comics for laluks and myself.

RE EDIT KRRaj you are getting the same in movie format plus Clavin and Hobbs too correct? Do accept my Thank You in advance.

Last edited by khoj : 22nd September 2010 at 01:49. Reason: comics on cd reminder
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:09   #288
BHPian

Could someone please post the route & details of stops & distances on this thread.

In a simple format.
Eg.

ROUTE: Mumbai - McD - Pune

Breakup:
Mumbai - McD: 30 kms (1 hr)
McD Stop - 30 mins
McD - Pune: 100 kms (2 hrs)

Overall Journey: 130 kms (3 hrs)
Overall Journey including break time: 130 kms (3 hrs 30 mins)
(The above figures are fictitious & purely for illustration purposes)

Need to know exactly where we are going and how far. This will also make it easy to see at a glance the entire trip & also help during the actual trip to make sure we are on track & nothing is out of place, perhaps even prevent taking wrong routes.

Last edited by Xehaust : 22nd September 2010 at 02:18.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:10   #289
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for reminding me of the comics.
And do ride out with Issigonis and wait for me near the meeting point.
The three lanes are as follows. One is the NH4 that goes over a bridge. Other 2 are the service roads that go under on either side.
But don't worry about the three roads. Just go straight to the place where the NH4 merges with the old Katraj tunnel road from pune and immediately pull out to the left side when you spot the first dhaba to the left. I shall publish the name of the dabha tomorrow.

KRRaj. remember you have to get me a copy too!

@Xehaust. Kaas is 24 kms from Satara bus stop. Satara is roughly 120 kms from Katraj. Bamnoli is another 10 - 12 kms from Kaas. Those are the distances for you.

As of now, these are the timings. Mumbai people are meeting at some place at 5:30.
I'll be joining them in Pune at 7:30 am.
We are all meeting up with all other members at 9:30 am at Satara and proceeding towards kaas at 10.

Then all our plans go haywire

Last edited by MX6 : 22nd September 2010 at 02:13.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:16   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are all meeting up with all other members at 9:30 am at Satara and proceeding towards kaas at 10.
so, we will proceed to kaas first, no problem!!!

After kaas, surely, all our plans go haywire.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:38   #291
BHPian

Quote:
So don't break your heads over Satara. One can stay for the night in Kolhapur and drive early in the morning (Leave by 8 and reach satara by 9:30 - 10) at the assembly point. simple. After a nice long day in Kaas, Bengyappas can retire to their hotels in Kolhapur late in the night.
That is a sensible suggestion as well. Instead of driving till 2:00 am guys can stay at Kholapur and leave the next day.The Sai Hotels is a good place to stay I suppose and it is right on the highway. I never stayed there but had food and it is a clean place. Even the food court restrooms were sparkling.

Quote:
@AP. Does anainar get Kalti (Cult) status?
What is that status? Is that a new hindi word coined by AP?

MX6, we should swap numbers so that I can meet you guys on 25th morning for the rendezvous. I live in Warje Malwadi and right by the highway,( 500mts from the highway ).

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:47   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Could someone please post the route & details of stops & distances on this thread.

In a simple format.
Eg.

ROUTE: Mumbai - McD - Pune

Breakup:
Mumbai - McD: 30 kms (1 hr)
McD Stop - 30 mins
McD - Pune: 100 kms (2 hrs)

Overall Journey: 130 kms (3 hrs)
Overall Journey including break time: 130 kms (3 hrs 30 mins)
(The above figures are fictitious & purely for illustration purposes)

Need to know exactly where we are going and how far. This will also make it easy to see at a glance the entire trip & also help during the actual trip to make sure we are on track & nothing is out of place, perhaps even prevent taking wrong routes.
Xehaust - We, the Bombay Bombers would be leaving from McD at 5:30 AM sharp in a convoy if possible. From what we have seen, we should be at the Satara breakfast point by 9:30 AM. A couple of possible breaks on the way would be at Ginger where Issigonis would be picking up Khoj and second would be at the point where we would meet Pune guys ( provided the timings match) and then proceed as a bigger convoy to Satara.

I and Issigonis would be leaving back for Mumbai hopefully by 5:00 PM that same day so that we are back at base by 11:00 PM.

Pls PM me your cell number so that we can reach out to each other in case of any issues/change of plans.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
so, we will proceed to kaas first, no problem!!!

After kaas, surely, all our plans go haywire.
Bhailog: What about lunch on that day? Can that be ordered at a very small notice bcos at this moment as you all know this trip is still "tentative" .

Last edited by f1fan : 22nd September 2010 at 10:51.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:08   #293
BHPian

Quote:
There is no question of 24th.

As per schedule, 25th is the D-day which depends on the ayodhya verdict on 24th.

If there is really a verdict on 24th, i think it will be wise to assess the situation on 25th sitting in office and home and then decide whether to do it on 26th.

We can do it on 2nd oct [ saturday, Gandhi jayanti] but i am not sure if we will catch the flower bloom which will be over by then.

The situation will be clear on 23rd if there is verdict or not, till then, our planning goes on.
There is some hope now.. Supreme court has admitted a petition to defer the verdict and hearing is today 2 PM. I hope they defer it atleast till the end of the festive period

Today, last bid to defer Ayodhya verdict - The Times of India
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:12   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Bhailog: What about lunch on that day? Can that be ordered at a very small notice bcos at this moment as you all know this trip is still "tentative" .
bhailog,

If we visit Kaas first, then lunch will be at Prakruti resort which is on the way from Kaas to Satara.
If we do Chalkewadi windmill farm first, then we will have lunch at Thoseghar waterfall dhaaba.

As mx6 earlier posted, if we visit kaas first, i am sure all other plans after kaas will go haywire as everyone will enjoy kaas at his pace.
To keep convoy intact till last point, i suggest we should start from Chalkewadi windmill farm first but i will be with collective decision.

Quote:
@meer---There is some hope now.. Supreme court has admitted a petition to defer the verdict and hearing is today 2 PM. I hope they defer it atleast till the end of the festive period
Thats the news to cheer up.
I never read with interest news about Ayodhya case in the past but now, i am reading every news about it!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd September 2010 at 11:21.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:19   #295
BHPian

Hey guys, sorry for not being able to contribute to this thread for a while.

However, to build up the exitement I am posting some pics for you so you will know what to expect on the 25th. And of course what the kalti kings are gonna miss.

Here we go!
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: bmp Flowers.bmp (1,004.1 KB, 127 views)
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:21   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post

Nainar
it is similar to like being Arnold The terminator, or jean-claude van demme
or baand james baand, but a localized version.

Kalti (Cult) figure gets everthing he desires generally.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd September 2010 at 11:23.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:29   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post

Nainar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
it is similar to like being Arnold The terminator, or jean-claude van demme
or baand james baand, but a localized version.

Kalti (Cult) figure gets everthing he desires generally.

Wow...A great description!!
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:52   #298
BHPian

@Khoj and @MX6, I will get the comics in CDs , a copy each for both (Tintin, Asterix and Calvin/Hobbes).

But it depends on whether the Bengy Appas make it. I hope the verdict is postponed for a week. All the leaves are in place as well :-(
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:59   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
@Khoj and @MX6, I will get the comics in CDs , a copy each for both (Tintin, Asterix and Calvin/Hobbes).

But it depends on whether the Bengy Appas make it. I hope the verdict is postponed for a week. All the leaves are in place as well :-(
You have the whole set on CDs? How big is the same and how many CDs?
Can I get a set too or can you upload the same somewhere from where I can download the same?

Last edited by f1fan : 22nd September 2010 at 12:02.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:10   #300
BHPian

I totally agree with you Ashish.

Visiting Thosegar waterfalls and Chalkewadi windfarm in the first half of the day would make more sense as these places would take comparatively less time to explore. The valley of flowers (Kaas Pathaar) and Kaas Lake would take more time as people tend to relax by the lake and explore the valley of flowers to the fullest, mind it the valley of flowers is spread over a big area and no photographs can explan the vast expanse of the area.

Quote:
bhailog,

If we visit Kaas first, then lunch will be at Prakruti resort which is on the way from Kaas to Satara.
If we do Chalkewadi windmill farm first, then we will have lunch at Thoseghar waterfall dhaaba.

As mx6 earlier posted, if we visit kaas first, i am sure all other plans after kaas will go haywire as everyone will enjoy kaas at his pace.
To keep convoy intact till last point, i suggest we should start from Chalkewadi windmill farm first but i will be with collective decision.

Thats the news to cheer up.
I never read with interest news about Ayodhya case in the past but now, i am reading every news about it!!
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote