Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 22nd September 2010, 21:09   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Star, good plan.
I'll join you tomorrow. See you at your place by 13:00

@rocky, parag - hope you'll start by Friday.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:03   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Star, good plan.

Yes, I will be able to start only in Friday unless my hopes of our organization deciding to close office on Friday happens.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:04   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Thanks for reminding me of the comics.
KRRaj. remember you have to get me a copy too!
Aur kuch nahin to trip se comics to mil hi jaayenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@Xehaust. Kaas is 24 kms from Satara bus stop. Satara is roughly 120 kms from Katraj. Bamnoli is another 10 - 12 kms from Kaas. Those are the distances for you.

As of now, these are the timings. Mumbai people are meeting at some place at 5:30. The place is McDonald's at Kalamboli.
I'll be joining them in Pune at 7:30 am.
We are all meeting up with all other members at 9:30 am at Satara and proceeding towards kaas at 10.

Then all our plans go haywire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
so, we will proceed to kaas first, no problem!!!
After kaas, surely, all our plans go haywire.
Kaas has to be the first place we visit. After all it is because of Kaas that we are all coming. Once we have had our fill of Kaas we will proceed to the other POIs.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:26   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
I totally agree with you Ashish.

Visiting Thosegar waterfalls and Chalkewadi windfarm in the first half of the day would make more sense as these places would take comparatively less time to explore. The valley of flowers (Kaas Pathaar) and Kaas Lake would take more time as people tend to relax by the lake and explore the valley of flowers to the fullest, mind it the valley of flowers is spread over a big area and no photographs can explan the vast expanse of the area.
Guys,
You may want to do KAAS in the late afternoon session. Expect evening at KASS to be very pleasunt if its cloudy.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:28   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
However, to build up the exitement I am posting some pics for you so you will know what to expect on the 25th. And of course what the kalti kings are gonna miss.
Today I completed my second visit to KAAS this season. I just thought Photographs cant do justice to the experience of being there!

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 22nd September 2010 at 23:30.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:44   #321
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashish

How far is Vasota fort from Kaas ? Is it worth visiting ?

StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:00   #322
BHPian

Is it still Raining there at Kaas..?, As My car's AC is not working Due to Some Damage to AC Condenser, and its Palio 1.9 D so, we know how difficult to source that Unit and dont have Much time also, I will try to Manage W/O AC if its not Raining, and yesterday Left Tail Lamp also broke(one of the terrace Pipe fell on the tail light Directly), But am still trying hard.One of my friend recommended to visit by 8 Am as it will be less croweded at that time, and a strict no to sunday, as its most crowded on that day.
And yes kaas has to be First.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:17   #323
Senior - BHPian

@star,
for vasota, you have to continue till bamnoli from kaas, cross the lake by small boat, trek through dark forest full of reptiles for three hours.
Conclusion: don't visit the fort with family at this hour.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:36   #324
BHPian

AP-Bhau could you please mark the spot for Satara meeting point. Is it on/near the highway? Of course I will join the bombers, but just in case we miss the convoy.
I find your plan more appealing for doing windmill farm pre-lunch and kaas post-lunch. This way things will be more streamlined and we can better enjoy kaas with no pressure to go anywhere else from there. However, I too would go with what others feel.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:10   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Star, good plan.

StarV called me yesterday. I was scheduled to leave today morning but postponed to afternoon and will meet you guys at Tumkur Coffee day by 2:30. In fact it will be a blessing in disguise as well, since Kaas might be less crowded on a weekday, with the people on the edge.

We will call Maharaja on the way and if they are full, look at other options in Satara, like Mahindra Executive on NH4 itself or can consider Kohlapur as well.

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 23rd September 2010 at 10:18.
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:17   #326
BHPian

I will drop out with court verdict round the corner and Hubli in the way don't want to get stuck in middle of nowhere.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:47   #327
BHPian

Have a good and a safe trip Bengy Appas and others too.

All the ones who wanted the comics, sorry guys, next time. We can talk on PMs though
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:55   #328
BHPian

Great to see that everyone is coming for the meet. Cheers to our enthusiasm

Pending Tasks -
Ashish Bhau - Please provide location for Saturday morning breakfast meet.
Gostel/Parimal_g/dkhatau: Pls PM me/issigonis your cell number for coordination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
I would like to come but my chances are 50:50 so whom do i contact if at all i am coming as i have read the details of reaching at MCDonalds in the morning. Also i would be coming back in the night to mumbai. I will be driving in my car so transportation is not an issue with me.Thanks.
Have sent you a PM. Do reply back with your contact information. We would be leaving McD at 5:30 AM sharp and are planning to start our return trip at 5:00 PM from Satara. You can come back with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Is it still Raining there at Kaas..?, As My car's AC is not working Due to Some Damage to AC Condenser, and its Palio 1.9 D so, we know how difficult to source that Unit and dont have Much time also, I will try to Manage W/O AC if its not Raining, and yesterday Left Tail Lamp also broke(one of the terrace Pipe fell on the tail light Directly), But am still trying hard.One of my friend recommended to visit by 8 Am as it will be less croweded at that time, and a strict no to sunday, as its most crowded on that day.
And yes kaas has to be First.
Dont worry Parimal. We all are there to help in any which way possible.
See to at McDs on Saturday morning.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:08   #329
BHPian

Looks like i am taking the kalti route too and dropping out from the trip. sorry guys. Lets see if we can make it next year.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:12   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
AP-Bhau could you please mark the spot for Satara meeting point. Is it on/near the highway? Of course I will join the bombers, but just in case we miss the convoy.
I find your plan more appealing for doing windmill farm pre-lunch and kaas post-lunch. This way things will be more streamlined and we can better enjoy kaas with no pressure to go anywhere else from there. However, I too would go with what others feel.
I suggest once all the convoys meet at Satara - take a decision there on the sequence based on prevalent conditions - light for photography, current rush etc.

In addition - I believe today would be a good day to start exchanging numbers via PM.
MX6 - are you collating for Pune folks? If not, I volunteer...

Does the suggested lunch place (at Thoseghar) have space to accomodate our group (I am assuming 50+ people/20+ vehicles)?
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote