Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:57   #346
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 885
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Following is the confirmed list of Bombay Bombers:
1. Issigonis
2. f1fan
3. gostel
4. Bolbolero
5. Kailashnj

Tentative:
1. Xehaust
2. Parimal_g

Dropping out:
1. DKhatau

Pls note that we will be leaving McD's by 5:30 AM sharp, hence would request all bombers to be there maybe 5-10 min earlier to that. We would be parking by the side of the highway with blinking blinkers i.e. hazard lights on.

Anyone else from Mumbai, planning on joining, kindly update the thread and PM me/issigonis his cell number.

The plan would be to leave in a convoy and if possible (time wise) join the Pune Peshwas at their meet point and go in a bigger convoy to the Satara breakfast location.

Cheers
f1fan

Edit: Added Bolbolero to the list.
I have added my name to the list. But you guys are sure to meet at 5:30am, I thought 6:00 was the plan before. Anyways, I am planning to leave home at 4:30 so should be there at 5:30

Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:09   #347
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 653
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Can you pls provide a map of the place so we know where the exact location is?
Here goes. Pardon my mspaint skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-chandni-chowk2.jpg  

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-chandni-chowk.jpg  


Last edited by mmxylorider : 23rd September 2010 at 18:11.
mmxylorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:23   #348
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 653
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Considering Mumbai junta is starting quite early and quite a few of us would have kids, what are good/clean rest room options along the way?

I am not hopeful about finding anything post the breakfast in Satara.
mmxylorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:12   #349
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Ok I am in as well. Will leave tomorrow, 5:00PM, 24th Sep from Panvel.
Will be leaving on 25th eve along with all Bombay Bombers.
Already got a booking with Hotel Maharaja.
PS: Attaching updated Excel Sheet. If any one leaving around that time let me know. Also let me know with whom and when to share numbers as this is my first meet and I hardly know anyone here
Attached Files
File Type: xls KAAS Drive & Meet List 0v1.3.xls (35.5 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by nomadabhi : 23rd September 2010 at 19:13.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:21   #350
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Bangy Boys, anyone not gone yet changed their mind? :-(
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:41   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Bangy Boys, anyone not gone yet changed their mind? :-(
From one of the previous posts it seems that Rocky and Parag are due to leave tomorrow, why don't you join them and come on over.

Comics ka sawaal hai, kalti mut maro


EDIT I reached BOM earlier this evening, will proceed to Pune tomorrow around noon.

Last edited by khoj : 23rd September 2010 at 19:42.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:38   #352
BHPian
 
vikrantj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 307 Times
Default

Hi Puneites,
Near and dear one down with swine flu .. Total isolation for 5 days from today :(

So have to opt out without a choice.

--Vikrant
vikrantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:56   #353
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

@Vikrantj Dude. Sad to hear about the swine flu. Take care. This will not be considered as kalti. We will pray that your near and dear one recuperates quick enough and you have a trip next weekend and still get to see the flower show.

@KRRAJ. Hop on to a Volvo bus and get off at Satara bypass on NH4, if there's no other option. You can hitch a ride back with SVB/ Laluks (check with them for room).

@Xylorider. Your Mspaint skills are atrocious Anyway, the tunnel point I believe is what I'd specified. Immediately at the place where the old and new roads join, one can pull out of the highway in to a small parking lot where there are two dabhas along with a kachcha service road. I will be there at 7:20 sharp if my daughter is ready. Will call you/ issigonis/ khoj before I start. This trip is for her and I don't want her to be sulking. So if there's 15 mins here or there, I'll always make it on the way.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:39   #354
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default

Finally got new tyres for the Car,But i will have to do without AC, now waiting For Sat Morning.

Last edited by parimal_g : 23rd September 2010 at 23:45.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 08:52   #355
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

We (myself+family & Laluks) started from BLR yesterday 1:45 PM and reached Satata 2 AM today morning.

We lost some time when accidently reached and found Gauribidanur
and then the 25 KM detour took almost 1 hour due to bad roads.

My apologies to anainar, who postponed his journey so that he can drive with us, But we lost so much time with this detour that he was almost 2 hours ahead of us and there was no point in waiting for us anymore

i hope he too reached home safe.
hope to meet you tomorrow anainar, please bring your family too.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th September 2010 at 08:54.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 10:07   #356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
We (myself+family & Laluks) started from BLR yesterday 1:45 PM and reached Satata 2 AM today morning.

We lost some time when accidently reached and found Gauribidanur
and then the 25 KM detour took almost 1 hour due to bad roads.

My apologies to anainar, who postponed his journey so that he can drive with us, But we lost so much time with this detour that he was almost 2 hours ahead of us and there was no point in waiting for us anymore

i hope he too reached home safe.
hope to meet you tomorrow anainar, please bring your family too.
No problem StarV. I reached Pune home safely by 1:00 AM. My son has school tomorrow and it will be only me.

Will Mr.BS Yediyurauppa look silly having declared a holiday today for schools prematurely, now that the verdict is deferred?

MX6, I am still wondering about the tunnel point. Do we meet immediately after the new Katraj Tunnel as that is what I would be taking. Your picture makes me think so, but am wondering whether I saw service roads.

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 10:19   #357
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
No problem StarV. I reached Pune home safely by 1:00 AM. My son has school tomorrow and it will be only me.

Will Mr.BS Yediyurauppa look silly having declared a holiday today for schools prematurely, now that the verdict is deferred?

MX6, I am still wondering about the tunnel point. Do we meet immediately after the new Katraj Tunnel as that is what I would be taking. Your picture makes me think so, but am wondering whether I saw service roads.

Nainar
The service road there is a kachcha road. I'd pasted the Lat/Long co-ordinates too. Check that in google maps before proceeding.

Can't miss my car in the morning as I'd have parked there with my blinkers on.

My friend went over to Sajjangad fort and thosegar falls too last sunday (I came back from kaas). He stated that there were too many peacocks dancing which he could see from sajjangad as the weather was terrific.

Coming to Yeddy. I'm wondering whether he'll declare yet another holiday next on 28th when the verdict is being "delivered". Or will Bangaloreans risk it?

Reminds me of my company declaring holiday expecting hightide to strike and flood mumbai on a friday last year. And the Met dept predicted the worst ever flooding.

People were gently surprised to see salubrious weather on a friday morning and enjoyed a nice long weekend driving out!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 10:34   #358
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 283 Times
Default SATARA meeting point.

We will meet at satara at Hotel Mahendra Executive which is bang on highway.

While coming from pune, after crossing lonand phata [ main junction as you reach satara], the hotel is on 900 meter away from lonand phata on left side of road.
do not take service road as there is small opening in front of the hotel to enter directly from main highway.

We will meet at the hotel @ 9:30 AM tomorrow.
Bengy appas are already in satara and we will meet them at the start point.

You are requested to have breakfast as soon as you reach meeting point.

I will be at the meeting point at @9:30 am.

After having breakfast, we will decide wheather to go kaas first or chalkewadi windmill farm first.

We will go in convoy with Turboholic as leader.

All expenses are on individual basis.
There will be no common a/c as such.
You pay for what you order.[ i hope, everyone will be ok with this type of a/c].


Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-meeting-point.jpg

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th September 2010 at 10:38.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 10:56   #359
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
We will meet at satara at Hotel Mahendra Executive which is bang on highway.

While coming from pune, after crossing lonand phata [ main junction as you reach satara], the hotel is on 900 meter away from lonand phata on left side of road.
do not take service road as there is small opening in front of the hotel to enter directly from main highway.

We will meet at the hotel @ 9:30 AM tomorrow.
Bengy appas are already in satara and we will meet them at the start point.

You are requested to have breakfast as soon as you reach meeting point.

I will be at the meeting point at @9:30 am.

After having breakfast, we will decide wheather to go kaas first or chalkewadi windmill farm first.

We will go in convoy with Turboholic as leader.

All expenses are on individual basis.
There will be no common a/c as such.
You pay for what you order.[ i hope, everyone will be ok with this type of a/c]
.


Attachment 428976
For folks using GPS, the coordinates are 17.699445,74.026017
Also reposting the Pune Peshwa's meet point coordinates: 18.387729,73.856803

We call it TTMM expense - Tu tera main mera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Ok I am in as well. Will leave tomorrow, 5:00PM, 24th Sep from Panvel.
Will be leaving on 25th eve along with all Bombay Bombers.
Already got a booking with Hotel Maharaja.
PS: Attaching updated Excel Sheet. If any one leaving around that time let me know. Also let me know with whom and when to share numbers as this is my first meet and I hardly know anyone here
Abhi: PM me your contact information.

Last edited by f1fan : 24th September 2010 at 11:07.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 11:09   #360
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The service road there is a kachcha road. I'd pasted the Lat/Long co-ordinates too. Check that in google maps before proceeding.

Can't miss my car in the morning as I'd have parked there with my blinkers on.
Checked and should be ok I guess. Will slow down as soon as I exit the tunnel looking for a car with blinkers on. What is your drive and its color? I will be driving a Champagne Gold Corolla, KA-05 registered.

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Jet® is mesmerized by the plateau of flowers: A drive to Kaas valley and beyond KarthikK Travelogues 31 15th January 2014 16:48
Mumbai BHPians drive to Kaas - The story of another EPIC drive! SDP Travelogues 57 12th January 2014 02:57
Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10 khoj The Team-BHP Meet Section 160 15th November 2013 17:00
2012 Annual Drive and Meet: Kaas Valley of Flowers Turboholic The Team-BHP Meet Section 69 19th October 2012 10:56
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet ASHISHPALLOD The Team-BHP Meet Section 253 11th October 2011 19:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks