Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 24th September 2010, 15:36   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
VRP. You have a minister now called Rudrah! (unless you make some bahana in office and come to kaas and transfer your crown to Rudrah).
Beggars can't be choosers.... (no offense to Rudrah - I simply mean that I have to face your comments :-) ).

Remember I left Pune on 6th on personal work, so it will look ridiculous if I take a day off again.

And, frankly, there is no need to make any 'bahana' - all the people in the office (colleagues and bosses) are aware of my famous one / two day trips. (Unfortunately, this year the outstation trips were beyond one week....) So, if they find that I am in my seat throughout the month (except for a few specific months), they enquire about my health....

See, I keep remembering things one by one, to help you guys out.

Next tip, don't forget to get the batteries of your cameras charged - and carry spare battery / memory cards. I am sure everyone will be on a shooting spree - and there is no way of buying batteries in Kaas; similarly, water too....
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 15:38   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Sorry guys, i did wanted to join this meet but with the unavailability of good hotels i'm skipping it.
oye rudrah,

bahana mat bana.

you can join us in the morning like other bombers and go to mahabaleshwar to enjaay in the evening like xehaust otherwise our black cat commando has already started to use his gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
At least I am king of something....
VRP,
pahele office ka bahana, ab doston ka bahana!!!

Quote:
VRP. You have a minister now called Rudrah! (unless you make some bahana in office and come to kaas and transfer your crown to Rudrah).
kisi ko bhi chhutti nahi dena!!
jo nahi aaya, usey minister bana dena!!!
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 15:47   #378
BHPian

Quote:
@AP saab. Look look. Kalti Minister Rudrah! We'd published the hotel names over 2 months back and on a friday he searches for hotels in Kaas!

What say ASHISH Bhau?
MX6,

I had finalized on Hotel Maharaja however last week my daughter was down with viral fever and cold/cough. Just 2 days back she recovered from fever. Hence didnt booked the hotel in advanced. Thou my parents are still against to take her out I thought its worth to visit the flower valley and that should make my daughter happy but sadly in the end we didnt have rooms available there. Hence now opted for Mahabaleshwar and then to Kaas.

Rashtrapatiji, on Mon we called hotel maharaja, Radhika Palace and others i dont recall now and it was full, not today

Eventually i'm visiting Kaas but unfortunately not with you guys. So unavoidable kalti to the Tbhp group but not for Kaas!

Thanks for the minister's post for now! Cant afford this honor! hehehee
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:05   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
MX6,

Eventually i'm visiting Kaas but unfortunately not with you guys. So unavoidable kalti to the Tbhp group but not for Kaas!

Thanks for the minister's post for now! Cant afford this honor! hehehee
Rudra, do small change in you mahabaleshwar visit, come to kaas with us and then go back to Mahbaleshwar on the same day, what say..? Also few of my friends told me a Big no to Kaas on sunday as it gets too crowded.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:06   #380
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I second VRP in the battery episode. Forget Kaas, I walked for over 1 hour with my leg in this condition in search of Duracell. It's terrible.

@AP bhau. Look at bahana's all around! When it happens, I accomplish. When it doesn't it's because of home minister/ parents/ kids/ neighbours/ boss/ ayodhya verdict/ CWG/ nuclear disarmament/ Ball tampering/ what not!!

All Kalti Guys. Take it cool. We always expected Kaltis. But keep the reasons flowing. We need something to discuss between 9:30 and 10 tomorrow.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:08   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Beggars can't be choosers.... (no offense to Rudrah - I simply mean that I have to face your comments :-) ).
Prabhuji, It just happened all of sudden. Its okay but good to see you lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
oye rudrah,

bahana mat bana.

you can join us in the morning like other bombers and go to mahabaleshwar to enjaay in the evening like xehaust otherwise our black cat commando has already started to use his gun.
AP, thats a good idea, let me see if that works. Will update if i'm joining tommorow.
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:17   #382
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I saw this thread only now but would still have joined en famile if certain events over the last week hadn't happened. Anyway, do shoot and post some pics of the meet. Will be sure to join next time!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:32   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
No idea about the Second Route, but the Route from Satara- Panchwad- Mahabaleshwar is very good, in fact you will love the ghat Sections.There is a junction on NH4 from there you will have to take Right for the Mahabaleshwar.
The link you have included is showing Route 1, not the Panchwad way which you are suggesting.

The second route is the same route you are talking about.
i.e. Satara - Panchwad - Mahabaleshwar (Panchwad is the place you take the left on the NH4, you can clearly see it in the map i posted for Route 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Go by satara-medha-mahabaleshwar route.
someone posted it as good road.
@Ashish - You are talking about Route 1.

Now im thoroughly confused.
@Parimal says Route 2 (Satara - Panchwad - Mahabaleshwar) NH4 then Left
@Ashish says Route 1 (Satara - Medha - Mahabaleshwar) Satara Road all the way.

Any bright ideas anyone?

Once again, main concerns are:
Better Roads & keeping in mind im not that used to highway driving + problem free areas (MOST IMP.) (have read about highway horror stories on BHP))

Here is a link to my post with the Routes - Satara2MahabHow?

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th September 2010 at 16:39.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:37   #384
Senior - BHPian

OK guys,

I will sign off soon as lot of work is pending due today evening.

I will be at Hotel Mahendra tomorrow at 9:30 am APST [ you know, this is ashishpallod standard time].

Baaki baten baadme at the hotel between 930 to 1000 tomorrow as mx6 suggested and we have too many topics to be discussed about cars!!!

Btw, at my place, BSNL dial up network is working faster than broadband.

Quote:
@xehaust--Any bright ideas anyone?
Fikra kar mat, kal dekha jayega!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th September 2010 at 16:40.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:40   #385
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I have to start working on plans for tomorrow. So I'm gonna be out of this URL for sometime now. I have numbers of many of you. Will catch up with some convoy in Pune then meet the rest in Satara.

I will try to make it by Ashish Standard time. But then, my daughter has the final say. So if there are delays, there are delays.

See you on the morrow. Where do I start the preparation? 3 cds of the comics.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:51   #386
BHPian

Can anyone put up the finalized schedule ?? may be AP and Mx6 will help here..
amit_3306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 17:20   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
Can anyone put up the finalized schedule ?? may be AP and Mx6 will help here..
We only know one Schedue, we have to reach Satara by 9.30 APST.

You just check with whom you can get lift from pune ow you can always join me, am driving alone.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:29   #388
BHPian

Guys,

We need to decide on the days event as many of us are travelling with family and might need some preparations to be done before hand. Kindly let us know what is the plan for tomorrow, except for meeting at MCD at Kalamboli at 5:30 for Bombers and then reach Satara by 9:30am to meet Teambhp.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:44   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
We only know one Schedue, we have to reach Satara by 9.30 APST.

You just check with whom you can get lift from pune ow you can always join me, am driving alone.
I have PMed you my number. Please leave your number too.
amit_3306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:48   #390
BHPian

Plan so far:

Bombay Bombers - Meeting up at McD at Kalamboli 5:30 am
Pune Peshwas - First Meetup at Chandni Chowk 7 ish. Will wait for 10-15 mins if Bombay Bombers come by at that time (possible considering 1.5 hrs to cover Kalamboli-Chandni chowk)
Next meeting point at junction of Dehu Rd-Katraj bypass and NH4. Meet up with other folks - should be 7:30-7:45 by now

Onward to Satara expected arrival 9:30 and Hotel Mahendra - breakfast and chaha. Aha!
Meet and greet. Decide on sequence and off we go.

Don't forget:
1. Water and plenty of it.
2. Camera batteries
3. fuel/air check

I have got some PMs from pune folks - others can be exchanged as we meet.

See you guys tomorrow.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote