Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 24th September 2010, 19:34   #391
BHPian

Default Sortie by the bombers tomorrow

For the Bombay Bombers the distances look like this :

1. McDonald's Kalamboli - (depart at 5.30 am) - to MX6's meeting point on the NH4 : 133.5 kms. Ideal time - 120 minutes.

2. MX6's meeting point - (depart at say 7.45 am) - to Hotel Maharaja Executive, Satara : 90.7 kms. Ideal time - 85 minutes.

Once all of us have congregated and breakfasted, we proceed to the places as decided by general consensus.

See you tomorrow. Bon voyage and bon shooting - with digital film.

Drive safe.

Last edited by issigonis : 24th September 2010 at 19:39. Reason: Wanted to add the Google Maps url but its too long
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 20:16   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys,

We need to decide on the days event as many of us are travelling with family and might need some preparations to be done before hand. Kindly let us know what is the plan for tomorrow, except for meeting at MCD at Kalamboli at 5:30 for Bombers and then reach Satara by 9:30am to meet Teambhp.
Kailash,
Post breakfast, we would either go to Kaas or Thoseghar falls. One of them would be done before lunch and the other after lunch. Post that we would be leaving back for Mumbai.
Regarding food, I am travelling with family i.e. wife and two kids (6 & 3 yrs old). For them, my wifey is carrying some bread-butter-cheese sandwitches apart from knick knacks to munch on the way. Also do carry good amounts of drinking water too.

See you tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM at McD's.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 20:58   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Now, there are two routes from Satara to Mahabaleshwar:
1 - Satara Road all the way
2 - NH4 heading North, then a left & following Sartare Village (Vairat Fort)
If you drive during day time - take #1 via Medha, roads are good & scenic, traffic is also less. Otherwise take #2.

Regards
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 21:20   #394
BHPian

Default Iffy situation

Came back from work to find my daughter down after a couple of throwing ups. My availability for tomorrow is 50-50 depending on her condition in the morning. I think a good night's sleep should be the priority and god willing if we do go the fresh air of the drive might help.

Wifey knows how eagerly I was looking forward to this and suggested I go with my son. Let's see how things pan out.

I will SMS contact details that I have to MX6 and vice versa in the morning.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 21:45   #395
BHPian

I am in for tomorrow but my family will also be with me and I need to get back to Pune early, so I will have to drop out of the proposed convoy after Katraj tunnel.

I will most likely start early and reach Kaas directly. I have MX6's number so will contact him & then decide when/how/where to catch up with you guys.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 21:46   #396
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@MMXYLO. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Don't push yourself or her. Some strange things in pune. My floor there are three kids (including my daughter). All threw up and fell seriously ill and took over 10 days to be normal. My daughter is still not back to her best. Hence I'm extremely cautious.

Looking forward to meet the bombers at 7:30 at my meet point.

BTW. I've burnt 2 DVDs (1.68 gb) of comics. One for Khoj. Guess Laluks wanted the other. Lazy to scroll back in this thread and see.

My prayer for the night is that my daughter hopefully sits in the car seat tomorrow. It's been 2 months exactly since the last trip she went on and has grown a lot in that period. Also due to her illness much of last 10 days, she likes to be left free.

Anyway, I tried my best enticing the great HVK on this trip. But he decided to keep away. Guess he'll join only if Kaas is over 3000 kms away.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 22:15   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

BTW. I've burnt 2 DVDs (1.68 gb) of comics. One for Khoj. Guess Laluks wanted the other. Lazy to scroll back in this thread and see.
If you have an extra set, I am game for it.

Folks: Signing off for the day. See you all tomorrow. Have a good night's sleep and a safe travel tomorrow.

Last edited by f1fan : 24th September 2010 at 22:17.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 01:20   #398
BHPian

I'm in, with a car.
Woo hooo
I'll be meeting up with the bombay bombers at MCD.

Now good night, time to sleep.

Post a ciggy ofcourse
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 02:03   #399
BHPian

Just reached Satara at 1:15am, pleasent weather, I am loving it. I will be joining the guys @ Hotel Mahendra Executive at 9:30 AP standard time. Will be on a bike after months.

If you guys read this in the morning before leaving please make sure you are carrying something to protect yourself from rain (jacket, raincoat etc) sweaters for the bachha party and shawls for the elderly.

Good night, Shabba Khair, Shubh Ratri hum milenge kal subha theek 9:30 baje.
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 02:09   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
If you drive during day time - take #1 via Medha, roads are good & scenic, traffic is also less. Otherwise take #2.

Regards
Thank you for the reply Naren. Lets see, i guess we will decide on the spot
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 22:07   #401
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Just got back home and parked my car and the Odo read 23000. It was a fun drive. My family enjoyed the places, the views and will now probably crib a little less when I am on Team-Bhp.

Also it was good to have met so many Team-Bhpians. Thanks to everyone who made it to the drive and meet today and a special word of appreciation for the folks who organized this event, specially Ashish and Star.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 25th September 2010 at 22:18.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 22:13   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Just got back home. It was a fun drive. My family enjoyed the places, the views and will now probably crib a little less when I am on Team-Bhp.

Also it was good to have met so many Team-Bhpians. Thanks to everyone who made it to the drive and meet today and a special word of appreciation for the folks who organized this event, specially Ashish and Star.

-Biju
have been waiting for an update on this thread. Good to know it went well. On behalf of all those who couldn't join - pictures please...
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 22:20   #403
BHPian

same here, logged on 3-4 times to check on updates. While sadly I had to become a 'kalti', the enthu for the pics and a trip update is eagerly awaited...
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 22:28   #404
Senior - BHPian

Just reached to home. Though it was fun without food, i hope, everybody enjoyed it. Hope, there will be a post about safe return from each one who were at kaas today.
I am sure, there are lot of pictures coming up tomorrow.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 23:01   #405
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I Just returned home. This was one of the best meets and trips I EVER had with fellow members. Way to go all people who made this possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Just got back home and parked my car and the Odo read 23000. It was a fun drive. My family enjoyed the places, the views and will now probably crib a little less when I am on Team-Bhp.

-Biju
PJB. It was fun meeting up with you and your folks. We shall plan on more such trips in future. And remember to watch Appaji's movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
have been waiting for an update on this thread. Good to know it went well. On behalf of all those who couldn't join - pictures please...
MMXYLO. The trip was terrific. My daughter threw up just before the McDs. And Khoj and I had to wait for 15 mins to ensure that we can proceed. My daughter loved the falls, flowers and the monkeys! There were just half the flowers this weekend compared to last. Hope your daughter gets well soon and you manage to squeeze in a trip next weekend before the flowers vanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
same here, logged on 3-4 times to check on updates. While sadly I had to become a 'kalti', the enthu for the pics and a trip update is eagerly awaited...
Dude, wait till tomorrow. Laluks and SVBond went before sunrise and I'm sure they'd come with pics no one would have seen. Also BolBolero was spotted carrying camera kits costlier than his Bolero. So we are in for some amazing pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Just reached to home. Though it was fun without food, i hope, everybody enjoyed it. Hope, there will be a post about safe return from each one who were at kaas today.
I am sure, there are lot of pictures coming up tomorrow.
AP. That's a sore point. Except for AnilisAnil and family/ Khoj/ MX6 and family, almost all else had to skip lunch. Hope the next time it is better co-ordinated so that food is not skipped. I was so irritated with the co-ordination that I got miffed at rookie bikers and almost let roadrage take over. Thank god I had lunch!
Ofcourse there were delays. But then no delay is worth missing a nice meal! What say Khoj?

Here's my list of thanks to all people who made it.

Issigonis, your VW rocks.
SpruceGoose, there's something about your hair. Reminds me of my singapore days.
AnilisAnil, It's indeed a surprise!
BolBolero, We'll catch up in Mumbai. Now that you are staying back in Satara, do come with some blinder of photos!
Khoj, Thanks for some wonderful words and a great dinner. Tea Tomorrow.
Laluks, Thanks for making it to this trip. Next time, you got to bring the ppgs. Hope we could spend more time together.
SVB, No need to stay away from T-BHP for the next two months. Peace! We'll catch up in Bengaluru.
Xehaust, You looked the youngest amongst all those who drove today. How do you manage to look like that?
f1fan, do let me know whether the dvd is readable. My mom kept the milk boiler on it by mistake. If not I'll cut another copy for you.
AshishBhau, let's meet up in Baramati in Nov before your big long trip. Didn't quite get time with you guys as I was more with my daughter. Guess it's understandable as I risked my leg and life for her sake.
Anainar, So my wife's guess was right. More trips to pune, more meets.
Nomadabhi, wish you got your RD.
Amit, let's catch up on a tapri meet.
Kailashnj, Don't know what to put here. The only sentence I spoke with you was, "Oh, you are Kailashnj", if I remember correctly!
Turbo, You wore the right attire for the day - Superman. period.

Other names I might have missed, please folrgive me. It's 11 and I'm groggy and weak after such a drive. And my leg is numb, so is my mind.

Thanks one and all for an amazing trip. Drat, I missed the photosession along with Anilisanil. But I do have some candid shots with me in Kaas of various persons!

Last edited by MX6 : 25th September 2010 at 23:06.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote