Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 26th September 2010, 11:47   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
I have to take them out on a two day trip some where near Pune Could be beaches or hill station. Please suggest a good place to leave on Friday afternoon and be back in Pune by Sunday evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Harihareshwar - MTDC resorts for 1100 bucks a night
Diveagar - MTDC exotica (better place and beach is really amazing) for 2500 bucks a night.

@nair,
as mx suggested, go to diveagar.
its nice and safe beach.

route

pune-poud-tamhini ghat-mangaon-mhasala-diveagar.

stay at diveagar rather than harihareshwar, plenty of stay options are available.

its like

friday---reach to diveagar by evening and stay.[ pune-diveagar 180 km, six hour]

sat---beach, golden ganesh temple, after lunch, head to dighi port @15km, park your car, take a ride of sailboat to janjira fort, come back to port by same boat, back to diveagar.

sunday--start early after breakfast toward shrivardhan by coastal route, go to hariharieshwar, have darshan at temple, visit black beach which is after mtdc resort, back to pune by tamhini ghat.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th September 2010 at 11:49.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 12:18   #422
BHPian

Default kaas a point of view

Lovely pics put up there by the DSLR gang. So let me add a couple of my pns (point and shoot) pictures.
The pink siblings, and violet peers.
Attached Thumbnails
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-kaaspink.jpg  

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-kaasviolet.jpg  

gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 12:55   #423
Senior - BHPian

I missed the trip but I am seriously thinking of visiting this place during Dussera time. Does anyone know if these flowers last for another 15 days?
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 12:59   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
Lovely pics put up there by the DSLR gang. So let me add a couple of my pns (point and shoot) pictures.
The pink siblings, and violet peers.
@ gostel Sir, if you are pointing to pics uploaded by me then those are not from any DSLR ( Though I wish to own one ). Its a simple DigiCam ( Fuji S2000 )

Last edited by nomadabhi : 26th September 2010 at 13:00.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 13:05   #425
BHPian

got it duplicated due to network error

Last edited by nomadabhi : 26th September 2010 at 13:07. Reason: got it duplicated due to network error
Old 26th September 2010, 13:17   #426
BHPian

Good Morning folks (or should I say Good afternoon - sorry just woke up a little late today),
It was an excellent meet folks. We were a little late on time (the morning delays made us all catch up through the whole day but nevertheless an excellent meet.
A big round of thanks to Turbo, AP, MX6 and SVB for the planning and final execution.
Post Kaas, there was another meet at Hotel Maharaja where the Bombay Bombers had evening tea and then left for Mumbai. Finally left at 7:30 PM from Maharaja and was home at 11:15 PM.

My apologies to Issigonis/SpruceGoose because I had to cancel the Ginger dinner bcos my kids slept when we left Satara and I felt that it would be wise to drive directly to Mumbai without a halt. Will surely make up some other time.

MX6: Thanks for the DVD. Will check and let you know.
AP/Turbo: Thanks for being our guides throughout the trip. Greatly enjoyed and looking forward for more.
Bombay Bombers: Was really nice meeting you all and thank you for turning up on time.
Pune Peshwas: We need to meet more ( read more Pune-Mumbai meets)

And finally met SVB too . I believe I missed Laluks somewhere.

Last but not the least: Proposing this to be a yearly affair going forward. What say guys?

Last edited by f1fan : 26th September 2010 at 13:20.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 13:19   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I missed the trip but I am seriously thinking of visiting this place during Dussera time. Does anyone know if these flowers last for another 15 days?
@ Guna dont think so that flowers will hold for that long. As per MX6, it has already started reducing as compared to last week. May be the best time would be next season when you can plan for a couple of days to cover Bamnoli, Tapola and other places around as done by SVB and laluk

Last edited by nomadabhi : 26th September 2010 at 13:28.
Old 26th September 2010, 13:23   #428
Senior - BHPian

We safely reached home at 4:25 AM this morning, having started from Shivaji statue, Satara at 5:15 PM.

Took a fueling break at Kolhapur for 10 minutes, an hour break for dinner at Sankam, Belgaum and non stop drive to Bangalore.
Throughout it was either drizlling or heavy rains and deep water-logging on the right most lane/ start of the overbridges.
Over 750Kms in net 10 hours was a good drive, had plenty of laughs and discussions.

2 days, over 1500KMs drive to mini kashmir (Kaas plateau, Flower valley, Kaas Lake, Bamnoli, Tapola, Triveni sangam, Dattamandir, sajjangad, thosegar falls and windmill farm) was one of the memorable trips we had.

We started from Bangalore on thursday afternoon 1:45 PM, reached Satara at 2 AM on friday. Our stay at Hotel Maharaja Regency, was a pleasant one. We also met BHPian nomadabhi on friday evening (thanks for recognizing Laluks)

Highlights of the trip were several learnings about the photography, DSLR operations, compositions, how to become a photocritic etc etc from my fellow traveller (official navigator, photographer, back up saarathi) Laluks (who accomanied us with his beloved MONA darling) without whom the trip would have been like a meal without salt and spice.

I also met several fellow BHPians, i do not recollect all the names/on forum handles (my apologies), but i remember ofcourse
  • Ashish bhau (with his family),
  • MX6 (with his family, parents),
  • Khoj (with his SONY),
  • nomadabhi (with his wife and father),
  • turboholic (with his 4 friends, i thought couple of them were on forum as well),
  • gostel (with his better half),
  • f1fan (with his family),
  • biju (with his family)
  • anainar
I would like to thank genesis (the first one to write about kaas, here on the forum) for motivating me to plan a trip, Turboholic for his suggestion about Maharaja hotel, Ashish for leading us to sajjangad,thosegar and windmill farm. I also thank all the BHPians who contributed to the planning and preparations of the trip.

Finally, Kaas is beautiful, one has to go there to experience it, a picture or thousand words can not express what really Kaas is. the pictures uploaded here would just show a glimpse of a huge canvas or a painting by the creator.

Thank GOD. There is still place like Kaas on this earth, what is why the world is so beautiful.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 26th September 2010 at 13:37.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 15:23   #429
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
PJB. It was fun meeting up with you and your folks. We shall plan on more such trips in future. And remember to watch Appaji's movies!
Appaji is N L Balakrishnan. During my next trip home I will try to get the copies of some of the old hit Malayalam movies.

Good idea about the trips. My wife and son love such trips and we try to do it as often as we can. A couple of weeks back we went to Varandha ghat and came back since we were short on time and did not know where to go. We are planning to go to Goa, Hampi, Coastal Karnataka etc. Let me see how many trips materialize. The only trip that is certain as of now is the trip to Indore for Diwali.

My son says he has written his exam well which he wrote today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

@biju,

nice pics,
the dam in the pic is urmodi dam near sajjangad.
Ashish, is there any place in MH that you do not know about? I will make a visit to that place next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Thanks Biju for the sanwitches. That helped to keep the hunger pangs away atleast till I managed to stop at Ruchi Park enroute Pune. Despite that stop as well having lost my way to NH4 in Satara, was able to make it to home by 8:00. Am not surprised Nomad was able to make it to Kalyan in 4 hours.

Ashish, I was planning to take my wife and son to Kaas next weekend. That is how I negotiated my trip yesterday as my son had school and looks like next week Kaas flowers have their own agenda. I have to take them out on a two day trip some where near Pune Could be beaches or hill station. Please suggest a good place to leave on Friday afternoon and be back in Pune by Sunday evening.
Glad to have been of help. We would have brought more food, but then we did not forsee the late start from Satara. Next time we can all stock-up on more fruits & other snacks.

I will PM you the number of the person who runs MTDC Exotica. You should be able to get some discount or free food coupon if you talk to him directly and do the booking. Also you can take the Pune-Mumbai Expressway->Khopoli->Pali->NH17 route to go to Dive Agar. This is again a scenic drive with almost very little ghat section. It is longer but you can do it faster. If you plan to take this route I will send you the log.

Also we too lost our way in Satara town and took a little while to get back to NH4, having stopped at 5-6 places to ask people. We had our dinner in Pune at Hotel Shukriya (Aundh) before going home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Last but not the least: Proposing this to be a yearly affair going forward. What say guys?
Yes. This is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Finally, Kaas is beautiful, one has to go there to experience it, a picture or thousand words can not express what really Kaas is. the pictures uploaded here would just show a glimpse of a huge canvas or a painting by the creator.

Thank GOD. There is still place like Kaas on this earth, what is why the world is so beautiful.
So true Star. Waiting for the pictures from you and Laluks.

@nomadAbhi. I loved the picture titled "United we stand". Beautiful composition and exposure.

I think I met everyone. I do recall the faces of all, but not the team-bhp handles of everyone. Waiting for the group photo to be put up.

A big THANK YOU to everyone I met.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 26th September 2010 at 15:26.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 15:32   #430
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
100% no. Already the flower count has come down by 50% and crags of rocks are exposed on areas which were otherwise covered during my last visit.
You may try to go there next weekend to see the last of the flowers. But then, 15 days, no way. So guess it's a year's wait for you. But as Nomad pointed out, you can combine host of other areas. But then don't try to do that in 2 days. Every place deserves 5 -6 hours atleast and there's no point in skipping lunch or doing it in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Good Morning folks (or should I say Good afternoon - sorry just woke up a little late today),
It was an excellent meet folks. We were a little late on time (the morning delays made us all catch up through the whole day but nevertheless an excellent meet.
A big round of thanks to Turbo, AP, MX6 and SVB for the planning and final execution.
Post Kaas, there was another meet at Hotel Maharaja where the Bombay Bombers had evening tea and then left for Mumbai. Finally left at 7:30 PM from Maharaja and was home at 11:15 PM.

MX6: Thanks for the DVD. Will check and let you know.
Pune Peshwas: We need to meet more ( read more Pune-Mumbai meets)
I woke up late (around 9 am) and every muscle in my body is aching. My leg is sore. But then it was worth all that meeting so many fellow members and the flowers. Incidentally AnilisAnil, Khoj and I had a bio break in Mahendra, followed up with a tea break at Lonand phata tapri and a dinner break at Kamaths enroute.

We finally reached home by 10 pm! Check the dvd and do let me know.
It has to be a yearly affair now. From morning my daughter is knocking the door and saying flowers flowers flowers. We realised that she wants us to take her there again.

Let's plan on the Mumbai Pune Megameets (AP is the best guy in this area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
We safely reached home at 4:25 AM this morning, having started from Shivaji statue, Satara at 5:15 PM.

Good to know you guys reached safe. I thought you'd stop at Chitradurga enroute and visit the fort as well.

And hope Kaas remains this way. While driving back yesterday, I saw a convoy of red beacon lit vehicles making their way up to kaas. Looks like Kaas will see change (towards worse) soon.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 15:39   #431
Senior - BHPian

Default kaas report

As usual, after morning chaos, I started from 12mati at @7:45 am, 15 min behind schedule.

It was mad drive to satara through potholes, reached to mahendra hotel at 9:40am, good 10 min late.

Aha, only turbo and Nair were there.

Had breakfast,
Other pune peshwas and Bombay bombers arrived,
It was time for hi and hello.

One group from Mumbai arrived somewhat late at @11am.
Made quick plan and one group started at 11:15am toward chalkewadi, star and laluks joined us at the junction of maharaja hotel.
Second group started from hotel at @ 11:45am with turbo.
We headed toward chalkewadi but quick decision and I diverted to sajjangad forte.

Parking at sajjangad fort was some what problematic.
Though the temple was closed for one hour, we took quick stroll and headed toward chalkewadi windmill farm.
Roads are good. Last couple of km is really bad.
Had photo shoot at windmill farm and headed back to thoseghar waterfall.

Had quick look at the falls, the water was less,
It was almost 3pm and everyone was hungry.
The dhaaba at that place looked shabby and we opted for lunch at some other place enroute to kaas.
The convoy headed by turbo stopped at dam point before sajjangad fort.
Here, we had group photo.

Then, it was drive toward kaas,
Though the road is narrow, it was nice.
Lot of touristy traffic made the drive cautious.

We all except star and laluks were at kaas at @4 pm.

Then, it was camera and the photographer time.
The weather was cool and pleasant.
We could not take the lunch due to time constraint.

By 5 pm, every one packed to move toward home.

The convoy with me visited sajjangad fort, chalkewadi windmill farm, thoseghar waterfall and kaas flower show.

Had some snacks with nomad and family at satara.
Started from satara at @7:30 pm,
It was leisurely drive,
Reached to 12mati at @10pm.

Overall, I and my family enjoyed this fun and drive meet.

I met old and new friends from team-bhp,
It was very nice to meet them.

@starvegabond,
I have not imagined that it will be so short meet with you,
My wish is still pending, to capture the pic of star, may be next time.
Thanks for starting this thread without which this meet could not have happened.

@laluks,
Too short meet, may be couple of hello, will catch you in Bangalore.

@mx6,
Nice to meet you and your family, your daughter is too sweet,
Will meet in next Nov.

@anilsanil,
Finally, put up the face behind the name,
Nice to meet you and your family,
You are upgraded to have more difficult two day drives.

@biju,
Nice to meet you and family, hope, will catch you in pune.

@anair,
Congratulations, you and turbo are the only persons who reached at the meeting point on time,
Nice to meet you, i had already replied your query for two day holiday.

@nomadabhi,
Nice to meet you and family. Now, I can say that result of this meet is I found a new friend.

@parimal-g,
Nice to meet you, hope, catch you again at next Mumbai-pune mega meet.

@ Gostel,
Nice to meet you sir, hope, see you again at such meets.

@f1fan,
Nice to meet you and your family. I was really worried about your kids, food and time.

@kailshnj,
Nice to meet you. Hope your kids enjoyed. Next time, I will make sure that the food will not reason of concern.

@xehaust,
Nice to meet you,
Hope, you reached mahabaleshwar without any problem,
You look so young, koun sa face cream do you use? I badly need it.

@bolbolero,
Nice to meet you,
You have serious gear for photography,
Looking forward for the kaas pics from you.

@khoj,
Nice to meet you again,
khane pine ka problem hua, sorry about that,
I will look after your query about APE.

@issigonis,
Nice to meet you again,
Kudos to your enthusiasm,
Hope, we will meet again and again at such drive meets.

@sprucegoose,
Nice to meet you again.
Tere kale ghane baalonka [hair, hair, nothing more] raj kya hai?

@turboholic,
nice to meet you and thanks for everything you had done for this drive meet.

@amit,
Nice to meet you.

Hope, i put all names but sorry if i missed one or two friends.
Please correct me.

Pics!!!

90% of kaas pics in my camera are clicked by a newbie photographer who is my 12 year old son.
NOMADABHI has posted the pic featuring my son trying his new skill of photography.

Posting some of pics taken by my son here though very few.

my daughter in front main entrance of the sajjangad fort.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-1.jpg

bhp convoy at chalkewadi windmill farm.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-2.jpg

reception party at thoseghar waterfall
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-3.jpg

daughter, wife and son at kaas.[ the only pic posted here taken by me].
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-4.jpg

flowers and plants
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-5.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-6.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-7.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-8.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-9.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-11.jpg

my daughter, mrs ap and mrs nomadabhi.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-12.jpg

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th September 2010 at 15:55.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:24   #432
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good one's there AP. I thought you reached there before me. I got held up in BP coco because my daughter threw up. We decided to shove the car seat in the boot and carry her on the lap (the first drive she's had in the highway without the car seat.
And Khoj was kind enough to wait.
Anyway, it's not Nair. It's Anainar. I asked Anainar/ PjBiju to proceed and not wait for me at BP coco.
Thanks khoj for the great offer at McDs and waiting to drive with me.

Khoj and I did some good tandem driving and reached Mahendra at 9:40 and were speaking with Anainar and Anil and slowly people started coming in.
Only after 20 minutes (and trying to reach you on the other switched off number), did Anainar say that you are already in.

I believe there was one member who overshot Mahendra and went a long way towards Kolhapur and came back.

@Nomadabhi. I didn't know you had a Mrs. Nomadabhi. Sorry, was speaking about your RD that I forgot that Bikers have family as well.

I couldn't go further down Thosegar waterfalls as my leg started hurting. Hope Anilisanil comes with more photos of the falls. I just went till the iron bridge and came back with great difficulty.

Now rushing out to have coffee with two other Bhpians.
I guess I'll upload some photos of the 600 odd photos of Kaas in my Mag Maha log.

Finally. VRP. Assuming you are there in Kaas today, how was it?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 16:44   #433
BHPian

I wanted to join, but I knew would be unable to due to various reasons (I can mention now that you guys have completed the meet - and you would be more forgiving!).

Nonetheless I have follwed this thread contineously for few weeks now, and good to know you all have eventually completed the meet successfully.

I have not read the logs completely yet - but what would be icing on the cake is one single quick narrative on your activities as a group from you met till you said good buys. Hopefully backed by a group photo.

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 26th September 2010 at 16:47.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 16:46   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1]I thought you reached there before me.
2]Anyway, it's not Nair. It's Anainar.
3]Only after 20 minutes (and trying to reach you on the other switched off number), did Anainar say that you are already in.
1] Reached where?
I was at mahendra sharp at 9:40am and no one was there at outside the parking lot.
Only turbo and anainar were there in coffee house.
In the night, i reached home at @10pm, potholes made me to drive slow.

btw, i spotted a fox just 10 km ahead of lonand phata on lonand road.

2] oh, Nainar, i am sorry.
I have two friends here named Nair and i misplaced the names.

3] Two cell nos and confusion started.
There is always problem with reliance number.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th September 2010 at 16:54.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:50   #435
BHPian

Quote:
100% no
MX6, I was told by locals (who normally gather around the chai taprti at KASS plataue, also by a Punbe based botanist) that different types of flowers with unique colors bloom at different points in time till October. Pink and purple seemed to be vanishing. Next one I was told would be whilte. But off course, if this needs to be planned from Bangalore - cant be planned without any proper confirmation.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote