Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 27th September 2010, 12:18   #451
BHPian

>>> First of all, a ripping meet.
Got to know lots of very nice people ( MX6, Turboholic, nainar, khoj, parimal_g, f1fan, gostel and quite a few others whose names I can't recall offhand and got to meet t-bhpians whom I had met before (Sprucegoose, AP, Xehaust, BolBolero- very nice people again!).

Apart from the wonderful scenery and places of natural beauty, I enjoyed the drive, first the event filled drive from McDonald's Kalamboli through the Expressway( Parimal's Palio had a slightly loose coolant filler cap, which led to the coolant bubbling out-water was used as coolant after the engine had cooled down a bit), the fast drive leading to the halt at McDonald's next to the BPCL COCO on the NH4 as recommended by MX6, then the drive upto Satara and thence to Thosegar windmills, the waterfalls and then to Kaas, which was the piece de resistance of the meet.

The drive back was equally interesting, with us successfully losing some of our convoy enroute. We drove slower ( average speeds of 90-100 kmph between Satara to Pune and 90 kmph on the Expressway to Bombay). I reached home at 12.59 am, having clocked 647.2 kms exactly on the odo. Average fuel consumption over the entire trip -14.6 kmpl. In Bombay it is now 14.0 (tsk, tsk).

P.S. : The buffet dinner at Ginger, Wakad was nice - we had standard non-vegetarian stuff polished off with doodhi halwa. Nice.
(Sprucegoose does not seem to like doodhi- so he did'nt touch it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I Just returned home. This was one of the best meets and trips I EVER had with fellow members. Way to go all people who made this possible.

Here's my list of thanks to all people who made it.

Issigonis, your VW rocks.
>>> MX6,

You bet-one of the very best.
Thank you, AP and Turboholic for making Kaas possible!

Thank you for the compliment (you have been beaten to it by others!) too. I have been discovering new facets of the car every other week - last fortnight I discovered that the manual mode in the DSG gearbox is in fact the tiptronic.Speed and rain intensity sensitive wipers is old hat now (hehe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

Post Kaas, there was another meet at Hotel Maharaja where the Bombay Bombers had evening tea and then left for Mumbai. Finally left at 7:30 PM from Maharaja and was home at 11:15 PM.

My apologies to Issigonis/SpruceGoose because I had to cancel the Ginger dinner bcos my kids slept when we left Satara and I felt that it would be wise to drive directly to Mumbai without a halt. Will surely make up some other time.

Bombay Bombers: Was really nice meeting you all and thank you for turning up on time.
>>> No problem at all, that's absolutely fine. We were getting a bit worried when we could not find you between Satara-Pune.

We'll have more bombing sorties, surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As usual, after morning chaos, I started from 12mati at @7:45 am, 15 min behind schedule.

One group from Mumbai arrived somewhat late at @11am.

@issigonis,
Nice to meet you again,
Kudos to your enthusiasm,
Hope, we will meet again and again at such drive meets.
>>>
A loose coolant filler cap in a Palio being the culprit
Enthusiasm will never be in short supply, hopefully neither will plain diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, Boss I was ready to join you all but same day at 4.25 AM I lost my mother who was 86yrs old due to cancer she was suffering for about 5 months and was in ICU at Hinduja Hospital for about 2.5 months.Please it is a request to all Team BHPians to pray for her .
>>>

Sorry to hear about your late mother. May her soul find everlasting peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post

@issigonis,
I dont remember the face but is that you buddy with cap?
>>> Congrats on the wonderful photographs and the captions-really striking and beautiful.
Yes the cap, I am wearing the cap till the effect of Sprucegoose's secret formula for growing a bushy head of hair is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
It was really great to meet Bhpians, had really great time, guys can you PM me your e mail Ids as i will upload all the pics in picasa, and share the link.As i can access picasa from my offce nework.
>>> Parimal,

Hope you'll get the errant cap fixed- your experience might mean less profits for the coolant makers. Can you post your pics here also?

Regards and drive safe
issigonis

Last edited by issigonis : 27th September 2010 at 12:31. Reason: Made some grammatical corrections.
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:20   #452
BHPian

Default Kaas...

Looks like you guys had a whale of a time.... and looks like only team-bhpians and their cars there on the plateau.... I think have missed a golden opportunity to meet and spend time with you all :-(

I was there yesterday - but it looked more like, "chaos valley" or 'cars valley'!!!

However, we reached early to cover more area, and were lucky to spot previously unseen vareities - as MX6 says the bloom has lessend, except for this bunch which is yet to bloom -
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_3054.jpg

If it blooms, it will look like this - just imagine how the entire blooming bunch above will look like in this stage!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_3061.jpg

To give you an idea, this was how they looked three years ago!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-100_2725.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0300.jpg

And some previously unseen varities (by us, of course!) -
Name:  IMG_3087.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  200.8 KB

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_3075.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_3047.jpg

Name:  IMG_3028.JPG
Views: 458
Size:  299.8 KB

And, last but not least, this -
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_3071.jpg

Now, while the general public was cordoned off this road (last two years, I had a whale of a time driving on this dirt track on my bike), the babus / VIPs get the 'treatment'....

Of course, I have to appreciate the forest department staff, who have worked exceptionally well to manage the crowds and traffic

Finally, there were a bunk of jokers playing frisbee / football there - and a group having a barbecue.....
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:33   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about starting a new thread for harihareshwar meet.
I am game for this, I am planning to do this trip soon and would love if it is another tbhp meet! However, I will have to see the dates, cannot wait if it is too late.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:37   #454
BHPian

Quote:

Wrong question to ask AP. He'll come with enough destination names in Maharashtra that it takes 7 life times for you to visit all of them.
Well as long as the destinations are as good or better than the Kaas I don't mind being born 7 times provided AP also does the same everytime

Quote:
Yes harihareshwar is also very good place, was there in June, and we had bike trip. And MTDC resort location is also very good, unfortunately it was full when we went there. Find link for the Harihareshwar trip.
Picasa Web Albums - PARIMAL - Harihareshwar#

I am game for Harihareshwar - AP and Turbo how about planning the next trip to Harihareshwar somewhere in October.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:45   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Next time lets go to Harihareshwar...
Quote:
Yes harihareshwar is also very good place, was there in June, and we had bike trip. And MTDC resort location is also very good,
Nice idea, but i suggest diveagar rather than harihareshwar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
1]Of course, I have to appreciate the forest department staff, who have worked exceptionally well to manage the crowds and traffic

2]Finally, there were a bunk of jokers playing frisbee / football there - and a group having a barbecue.....
@vrp,
you missed two meets and remember, if you miss third one.......mx6 and me are waiting for that moment.
just kidding.

1] i wonder, maharashtra forest department kab se itna sudhar gaya?
Forest department is doing wonderful job at kaas.

2] Just imagine,
there are bunk of bhpians playing football on sand,
kids having fun in safe water,
cars lined up on sand,
car-boots are open,
fancy umbrella and tables on sand,
having barbeque on beach,
free flowing food and talk of cars......
this is what we may do in our next meet.
Any takers...........

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 27th September 2010 at 12:51.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:46   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am game for this, I am planning to do this trip soon and would love if it is another tbhp meet! However, I will have to see the dates, cannot wait if it is too late.
I am in too... Been there on my NOMAD before but a nice place to visit over again. But the place has no sand beach.
If you people are interested in sand beach and a bon-fire on beach then I would suggest Diveagar.
Harihareshwar do have a shack @ MTDC and it is a wonderful feeling to spend eve sitting there watching sea.

At the end, I am too in favor of next meet to be a beach side.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:50   #457
BHPian

Quote:

cars lined up on sand,
car-boots are open,
AP, I have been to Diveagar recently and the beach opening for cars from "exotica beach resort" is closed using a cemented pillar.

But we can carry the logs and have a nice BBQ and bonfire over beach
Old 27th September 2010, 12:59   #458
BHPian

Quote:

2] Just imagine,
kids having fun in safe waters,
cars lined up on sand,
car-boots are open,
having barbeque on beach,
free flowing food and talk of cars......
this is what we may do in our next meet.
Any takers...........
Ashish, we can do both as distance between Diveagar and harihareshwar is not far, and the road from harihareshwar to Diveagar is awesome, just feels like the road rash game where there is one circuit where on one side is sea and other side is mountains... too good Road.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:00   #459
BHPian

Quote:
@vrp, you missed two meets and remember, if you miss third one.......mx6 and me are waiting for that moment.
Remember the 'ganne ka ras' promise? Probably the next meet can center around the 'city of 12 minds'.....

Hence forth I have to curb my enthusiastic 'shooting from mouth' kind of promises....:(

While there are ideas floating around 'the beach', any idea of the beach near 'Shrivardhan' - I heard it is still peaceful and not too crowded. Plus a perfect drive - Varandha Ghat or Mulshi / Tamhini Ghat or E-way to Khopoli and thereafter to Pen, Mangaon.....
Old 27th September 2010, 13:06   #460
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was there yesterday - but it looked more like, "chaos valley" or 'cars valley'!!!

However, we reached early to cover more area, and were lucky to spot previously unseen vareities - as MX6 says the bloom has lessend, except for this bunch which is yet to bloom -

Finally, there were a bunk of jokers playing frisbee / football there - and a group having a barbecue.....
Excellent pics there VRP. Last sunday when I was there, the traffic was worse. It took me 10 minutes to park my car and venture out to take photos. When I was back trying to drive out at 4:00, it took me 1 hour to come out of the plateau navigating through parked cars on either sides and people rushing in at dying hours.

And yes, I saw those flowers down towards the lake last sunday. Hope they bloom and show something next weekend. I suddenly have developed an urge to go there again this weekend (if leg permits) as my daughter has been chanting the words flowers since saturday night.

We did miss your presence pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I am game for Harihareshwar - AP and Turbo how about planning the next trip to Harihareshwar somewhere in October.
Harihareshwar? That's where I broke my leg. Oct the only place I'd visit if possible is Sringeri. So I'm out of this guys - sad.

Quote:
@vrp,
you missed two meets and remember, if you miss third one.......mx6 and me are waiting for that moment.
just kidding.

2] Just imagine,
Yeah, if VRP misses another meet, then VRP (voluntarily retired person) will become FRP (Forcefully retired person).

Football? Kya iradha hai? Want to break my other leg as well is it?

Quote:
AP, I have been to Diveagar recently and the beach opening for cars from "exotica beach resort" is closed using a cemented pillar.
That tilts the equations from Diveagar to Harihareshwar, unless the opening I spotted (where bullock carts are engaged to enter the sea side to clear the debris and plough their way back in) which is very narrow is still open for public.

@VRP. Srivardhan is between Harihareshwar and Diveagar. I preferred Harihareshwar and Diveagar more than Srivardhan for unknown reasons.

One can drive down Tamhini to Mangaon then to Diveagar through Mhasala. Then the route from Diveagar to Srivardhan along the coast is good. Follow it up with Harihareshwar and then drive back through Mhasala, Mangaon and Varanda.

The khopoli - E-Way route is long and uninteresting once you hit the E-way.

Last edited by MX6 : 27th September 2010 at 13:08.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:18   #461
BHPian

Quote:
That tilts the equations from Diveagar to Harihareshwar, unless the opening I spotted (where bullock carts are engaged to enter the sea side to clear the debris and plough their way back in) which is very narrow is still open for public.
MX, are you pointing to this entry, if then this one is closed.

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-picture-048.jpg
Old 27th September 2010, 13:20   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
beach opening for cars from "exotica beach resort" is closed using a cemented pillar.
Don't worry, there are many openings on this 5km beach otherwise we will create one using your Estilo.

Quote:
we can do both as distance between Diveagar and harihareshwar is not far,
I mean to say, stay at diveagar and do the rest of things.

Quote:
any idea of the beach near 'Shrivardhan' - I heard it is still peaceful and not too crowded.
Kahani me twist,
@vrp,
please find more about this shrivardhan beach and post details.

Quote:
Football? Kya iradha hai? Want to break my other leg as well is it?
You are allowed to play football with hand of god.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:40   #463
BHPian

Quote:
@VRP. Srivardhan is between Harihareshwar and Diveagar. I preferred Harihareshwar and Diveagar more than Srivardhan for unknown reasons.
Quote:
@vrp,
please find more about this shrivardhan beach and post details.
Biju - there you go!! Atlast, there is something on which that both the greats / masters don't have info about - even though it is tiny

mx6, I thought you must have known about it. AP, I have inside info - so I have undue advantage!!

The main points of interest at this place - which is bound to get MX6 up and running - are :-

a. An old Shiva temple

b. A supposed magic cure (anti-venom) for snake bites

c. Mangoes

d. The first peshwa was supposed to have hailed from this place...

e. Last, but not the least, its beach - the cliffs and the tide are reported to be one of the beautiful sights in the konkan coast.

And, this place is a firm believer (an practice) no tipplers policy... I had a colleague from this area. He used to lavish praise on the village for it appoos mango and how it is exported...
Old 27th September 2010, 13:49   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, there are many openings on this 5km beach otherwise we will create one using your Estilo.
I wont have any problem taking my ride to beach (if its beach, I would be accompanied by my other better half, NOMAD)

To decide between Harihareshwar/Shrivardhane/Diveagar, here is what I found out,

Harihareshwar: There are 2 beaches, of which one is near temple and is of black sand. The other is at MTDC which is rocky. What to look for: Temple, evening/dinner @ MTDC shack facing beach and Ganesh Gully

Shrivardhane: Nothing to stay here is close to beach. Kondivli beach has brown/black sand with the fishing boats parked.

Diveghar: Exotica is right on beach. Clean white sand beach with plenty of waves. Near by Dighi beach infamously famous for its RDX landing for 93 blasts and temple of twelve KG of sone (gold) ke Ganpati.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:53   #465
Senior - BHPian

^^ Now that is what I call the "Tbhp" spirit!! We are still to complete the travaelouge of the current meet and we already have the ball rolling for the next meet!

So what are the tentative dates? After Duserah?

Any other proposals?
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote