Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 30th October 2010, 13:02   #46
BHPian

Hi Krishna,

Oh boy, so many Contys !!

I am coming and bringing both my cameras.

Cheers

KD
kd7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 21:46   #47
BHPian

I completely agree with EARthed.

There is no point in keeping this meet as secretive as possible and sending out the invite at the last minute and asking for a response to get the invitation at some place. I mean, does anyone do that...
And i dont see anything called as collective effort here.

I would like to show this car to everyone who admires it at one place, invite everyone and discuss. Also, help the ones who want to have it by identifying right people. There is no harm in inviting a passer by or admirer to have a look at it. He might be knowing more about cars than us, just would have not got the opportunity to own one. My responsibiltiy has been and will continue to make that passerby have this car, so that i can save one conty from going to scrap and bring a smile on his face.
I have so far done that successfully including to the person who has sent this invite.
Mr.Krishna(kittigadu), if i would i have given the same response to you when you wished to have a conty and denied to assist you in your search, how you would have felt about it.

I have heard how Fiat club functions, and all i got to know they are completely transparent and welcome all. They work together to include each and every one, give importance to each and every club member Also, the club that completely ignores the people who are all about love with this beautiful machine and helped the ones who wanted to have it, even said " dude, welcome to the conty club". attending such meet is uncalled for.

No hard feelings.. but i want to do something better, something big and not just to add numbers for such meet just because i know few conty owners in this club and can bring in more...
Sudhindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 14:00   #48
BHPian

Srinivas (bullzye_666) is this a permission letter you don't have to be so formal buddy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzye_666 View Post
Sir,
It came to my notice that conty club has organized yet another meet on the 31st of oct. Mr. Krishna has sent us a courier with the catalogue of the previous meet. Thanks a lot for the kind gesture sir. Actually my dad Mr. Sudarshan had to be in the meet but due to his hectic schedule for the week he will not be able to make it.
But, i Srinivas his son will be there with 2 of my friends who share equal passion for contessa and cars in general just like me. I have serious passion for cars and have dreamt of having a contessa since my childhood. My conty is a 91 model bearing reg no KA-05-N-783. Sir for further clarifications you can please reach me on my phone. My number is 7411647617. I request you to kindly grand me a membership and oblige.
Thanking you
Srinivas Prasad.S
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 15:23   #49
BHPian

neatly executed guys. I had a nice time meeting everyone of you who came to meet .

Cheers,
Ramkaran
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 21:54   #50
BHPian

Congratulations.
19 Contessas in total. 62 attendees and one hell of a meet. Wow

Here are some teaser pics.

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-001.jpg
The Lineup 1
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-002.jpg
Line up 2
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-003.jpg
Flag off
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-004.jpg
Prajwala, the NGO whose message we carried across
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-006.jpg
3 cheers to all
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-005.jpg

Regards,
Krishna
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 22:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Good show Conti Club !! Wonderful job Krishna !!! 19 Contessas is a great turn out.
Flag off is a good idea.Looks like Red Bull gave every one wings !!!
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 22:44   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Hi Bullzye,
You are welcome.

I see a MM540 jeep in your avatar. If its yours, then we have a lot of things to chat. See you at the meet.

Regards,
Krishna.
Well,
Thanks krishna, & yeah i have an MM540, a FIAT Linea, an ikon and a M800 too apart from contessa. By the way i wanted to improvise my jeep further and as I see I need an expert like your good self to help me into doing it. Thanks once again for the meet. take care.
bullzye_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 23:00   #53
BHPian

Great show, great effort and great message!! Congrats and cheers !!
Please post more pictures
sanjeevkanjoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 00:03   #54

Had great fun thanks every one. looking forward for the next meet.
bullzye_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 11:04   #55
BHPian

Congrats to all the Contessa Club members for putting yet another splendid show after the spectacular first meet. Will be definitely looking forward to next meet. 19 Conti's seems to be a great turn out.
Finally I must say: Great show, great message & great line up of India's very own muscle car.
Can we have some pics here ??
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 20:27   #56
BHPian

Hi all,

I was there along with my son. Took lots of pics which I have given to Krishna (Kittigadu). My son was totally impressed.

Right or wrong, my son's casual comment that I should have bought a Contessa instead of a MM540 did strike a chord in me. I was not disappointed at his supposedly "heartless" comment, because I truly love my MM540. I told him that we'll buy a Conty in addition to the MM540. I am determined now, that my next car is going to be a Conty.

Contys are real wonderful machines and deserve to be revered and respected. The comfort, the sheer size of the car and road presence, is something to be seen to be believed.

The bonnet ? Its so big. One can probably park a M800 on it !!

Cheers

KD
kd7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 21:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats CCI!

Fiat Club's member Mr. Arun Vasudevan is owning an super neat Conty which was previous owned by Kannada Actor Ambarish!
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:49   #58
BHPian

The cause-"Prajwala"
Attached Images

Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:18   #59
BHPian

Conty Club, Chennai Chapter met on the same day and time at Shenoy Nagar Park area in Chennai. A small but significant event for all Conty lovers across the nation and Conty Club, India (CCI). Conty Club, Indiaís Chennai chapter had arrived and all set to make it happen. 3 Cheers to RJ555 (Ram & Lakshman) and teams to make it happen. We wish them good luck and pledge all support to make the next meet more happening even if it means there are only 4 Contyís in Chennai.Apologise for the image quality since itís from a mobile. Better pictures will be on our Oct issue of Contraction.
Cheers,
M.Iyer
Attached Thumbnails
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-sam_00481.jpg  

Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:24   #60
BHPian

Hi,
One of my friends was there at the Conti Club meet and he as blogged on his site. Perhaps we are not allowed to put links of blogs so I just copied and pasted his blog for reading.

By Gnuyoga:
A good friend happened to invite me to take pictures of Conty Club, India meet. Although I knew these guys were meeting the second time in a row, I didnít quite expect this level of maturity from a start up club.

To start with the entry formalities were so well orchestrated and so was the parking at the venue. The assembly area was sanitised by the army for Conty Club members. As the Contyís rolled in, the other formalities were done and CCI was playing fantastic host. Getting members to know each other and their cars and looking inside out of each other cars was the norm of the hour.

Soon after the 10th car arrived, members were requested to proceed to have their refreshments. The refreshments itself was a brilliant arrangement and the army had set up the spread with such opulence, that it seemed more like a small wedding reception. Although there wasnít a huge breakfast spread at you disposal, the stuff was substantial for a brunch. The military chai still lingers in my taste buds.

The photo sessions went on with members & families including children simply having a good time with 19 Contyís in one place plus the sun playing hide and seek with a gentle drizzle to add to the aura of the event.Everything was with clock work precision. A small talk by the hosts about the meet, the philosophy of the club in bringing people together for a purpose, the love of the car and members sharing their experiences with loads of laughter, fun and frolic.

The cars were finally flagged off by a senior army official and split in different directions to avoid disruptions to normal traffic from a big convoy and prevent inconvenience to other road users. Again a very thoughtful gesture by CCI.

The team regroup at Residency road parking with all the 19 cars for a round of chilled Red Bull and was greeted by the Scooter club making a cheerful pass, also by some of CCIís friends from the Fiat Club. The cars were parked for public viewing and again an instant hit. The teams dispersed on time and the Sunday couldnít have been spent in a better way.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the CCI meet and have volunteered to take pictures of the next meet also as their official photographer. The show they put up was simply awesome. This is by far the best car or auto meet by a group/club I have ever been to.
sanjeevkanjoor is offline   Reply With Quote