Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 11th December 2005, 22:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Old man was leading the way. Two young ones also bore the brunt of the NHAI's 1.5 inch mistake. But bling king was more worried about his new alloys, and was happy to find they are fine. We were happy to be alive!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 00:33   #32
Team-BHP Support

Smile

Under Rudra's tutelage I ventured into manual mode of my digicam, something I haven't done since I deserted my film SLR 5 years back.

Reconning the surrounding after 120KM drive.

Samurai's Baleno

Rudra's Optra

Amitoj's Zen

Pathak's Icon

Speedsatya's Zen

Nitin's Safari Dicor

Mclaren's Zen

BTW, I updated my BHP garage with the new photos, now it just sizzles...
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 00:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures Rudra and Samurai, you guys seemed to have a ball.

And Rudra thats a dynamic pose for another shaadi.com pic. With that camera in hand I'm sure you will get responses from some super models
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 01:01   #34
Team-BHP Support

There was this goat-herder who seemed intrigued by all the cars...
Old 12th December 2005, 01:32   #35
BHPian

Nice weather out there in banglore perfect for drives hope you all had nice time,rudra thats an awesome set of alloys and great pics man,
Hey satya those mods under your hood of the car is still there ? waiting for the report.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 10:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Shouldn't do it again and that's a promise... Let someone put the report. Old man is now doing his bit.

hahha and promises are meant to be broken...while returning it was decided that no one would exceed 120 kph .. and withing seconds we had everyone ripping from all sides with the lowest speeds being 160 kph...except the Dicor and the Ikon which were stilll very new ...everyone was about 140 most of teh times...

Mclaren has promised to put up the report ....
abt mclaren and amitoj ...i warn that no one should go by their innocent looks..both guys were almost tailgating samurai at 160 .....

report please......

and Ford Rocam,
i dont have the plugs anymore .....and my most important mod ---my rat traps are still there )))))))
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 11:08   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

oye guys..whats this..stuart little and goat-hearder..aaarrrggghhh..samurai and rudra wait till i get my oppurtunity..btw satya how come im the one supposed to be putting up the report,wasnt even told da..ok fine now that i seem to have some freetime the report should be done with by evening..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 11:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
ok fine now that i seem to have some freetime the report should be done with by evening..
Don't forget to put in a proper description of how v1p3r was jumping after Samurai's overtake

And that Stuart Little name came from Sam if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th December 2005 at 11:13.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 11:30   #39
BHPian

I actually stayed around 100 kmph in my Ikon while returning back. Promises, promises. Even then, starting at about 11:30 am after the photo shoot, was at Madivala at 1:30 pm sharp. Speaking about the weather, the light drizzle on my way back was like icing on the cake....enjoyed it and never bothered to slow down.

Great pics Rudra and Samurai. Hope V1p3r is covering the famed video footage as well in the subsequent posts

One of the best decisions at almost 10:30 pm on Sat night to join you guys at 7:30 am next morning.
S Pathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 12:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

and Ford Rocam,
i dont have the plugs anymore .....and my most important mod ---my rat traps are still there )))))))
I am sure that the banglore Rats are gonna have a tough time then
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 12:16   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

About that culvert, viper was cursing left n right, rudra was seriously concerned about his spankin new alloys, n satya n i were thanking our stars that we missed it. Then nitin pulls over in his dicor.. and we tell him about the culvert... and he is like "Culvert? what culvert?"
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 12:41   #42
Team-BHP Support

Actually I missed that culvert thanks to V1p3r.

He was at 160 on the fast the lane and I was bearing down on him nearly 170 and I didn't see him giving way. I had just touched 170 moments ago and I didn't want to waste a good thing. So I overtook him from the left and had to cut back into the right lane right after that to avoid a truck.

Turns out he didn't have a left side mirror and wasn't looking into the rear view mirror either. Therefore he had no idea I was passing him, until he sees me in the front and next thing he hits the culvert.
Old 12th December 2005, 13:09   #43
BANNED

Default bangalore drive report !!!!

saturday the 10th, 3:30 am: i just returned from the most boring tbhp meet which comprised off navin,myself and Mr.v1p3r who not once in his lifetime can be anywhere on time..had to waste another precious 120 mins of my life waiting for him on the streets on MG.Road..that said and done kept a few alarms so that i could wake up in time by 5:30 and more importantly wake one Mr.v1p3r on time..

sunday the 11th, 5:30 am : get up on time and 1st thing i do is give a call to v1p3r hoping that he would wake up and pick the call..after a few rings he did pick up and instantly i realised he wasnt in a mood to get up from his wonderland and join us for the meet..at once he even tried telling me lets ditch the meet..but not wanting to miss the fun i was always going for it just wanted some company so insisted that he come..atleast 5 phone calls and a couple a 100 sms's couldnt get him started and even a call from the OLDMAN(hehe) rudra he said he wont come..

so i leave home at sharp 7 hoping to catch the guys on time at dakshin honda on time..but 1st had to tank up at shell..as i drove into the station heard the cell go tring tring..walked away from the pump and recieved the call..guess who was it???
v1p3r who by now realised it was better to join us than sleep the whole day at home..so had to go all the way to his place(literally white field) to pick him up..so by the time we reached there it was nearly 10 mins past 8..sorry to keep u guys waiting but our dear friend v1p3r managed to do something that i have been trying for years NOT TO..and thats beeing late to a place..

after i introed myself to the newcomers i.e pathak,satya,samurai our leader says lets head out to have some coffee..so rudraji takes lead with me following right behind him and behind me were samurai,pathak,satya,amitoj and nitin..however all followed some strict road discipline as our group leader drove not in excess of 80kmph and the rest followed his suite..so after a drive for about 20 kms or so we came to a stop at a coffee shop..oh btw did i mention that v1p3r jumped into the passengers seat of the BLING MOBILE to get some sleep !!! so much for me wanting some company eh ??

after breakfast we all headed out and this time it was no holes barred..everyone were trying to outgun the other on the EMPTY highway..in the lead was rudra who then let go of the throttle to stand back and see what these young guns were going to do..u know like the usual im the GUARD types..then leading the way were the 2 zens of amitoj and speedsatya and all were trying to catch up the gold zen of amitoj which again seemed to be heading to andaman and nicobars..so it was the 2 zens in hot pursuit with samurai unleashing the power of the baleno to keep poking in and out of the lead..this continued for quite a while and i must add it was fun..

hard to belive but the zens were doing 160's on the flat roads..yaya now u all will come out with brickbats and say 160 in a zen ?? must be speedo(which actually is)..160 in a zen is too risky et all..but the roads were as deserted as the puddles of water in the sahara desert..so everyone wanted to see what speedguns could their beauties break into..but as long as we drive carefully thats should be ok..the order kept changin at the wink of an eye and in notime we would see cars shuffling positions..oh no totally forgot about the dicor which demanded respect even from the most unruly of the truck drivers..the dicor was also keeping a cloose look at all the others cars gunning ahead of it as nitin didnt want to rip the new monster on the roads(which was still being run-in i think) ..

then we halted after the tollgate to grab some waterbottles and some softdrinks.after that set off again to an unknown destination,wanting to drive as far as our minds would let us and obviously my wallet too..this time around v1p3r gets out of the the comfy seats of the optra and gets behind the wheel of my car..and as usual hurtling down the road we are in the lead with v1p3r trying still to get the car to move having not yet recovered from the drag..i was busy trying to capture my car doing a 160 on video when the bling mobile whups past us..as im trying to film rudra take off i see a blink of black at the corner of my left eye..and in a flash goes past samurai in the black beauty who evidently had to cut across because there was a truck up ahead..not noticing what had happened to rudra and not having enough room to to avoid the culvert ridge in time we eventually hit it and the next thing i realised was we were onboard FLIGHT 5718..v1p3r was so livid that when we came to a halt soon after, i was just praying for samurai's safety ..gets out and says "dont overtake me like that from the left" in a commanding tone that would have left even the mightiest of kings to shame just for the tonaliity sake of it..its only then that i realised that rudra too had hit the culvert at 180,almighty that car still managed to hold its line while we were doing a bit of sightseeing left and right..like v1p3r says rudra was happy to find his alloys intact while we were happy just to be alive ..ok ok not to sound that it was an alarming situation but was fun neverthesame..

now i got behind the wheel of my car wanting v1p3r to take much needed rest after that debate with samurai(a funny one at that,i couldnt stop laughing the whole while)..hehe..

then we all hit the highway again with rudra in the lead looking for a good spot to take his baby out and practise some shooting..so finally having found the destination we all had some fun trying to figure out what could rudra do to get a good shot..btw we even did some offroading to get a good pic for him and that little ride in the mud was worth the pics taken..great going rudra ur great when it comes to photoshoots..and the DICOR evidently trying something that its meant for and thats offroading..

at this juncture pathak left back to bangalore as he had to take his family out for lunch..we headed a bit further and then made a u-turn and just then a DREADED feeling of having to go back to bursly streets of bangalore came to my mind...

so till krishnagiri on the way back the 3 zens were going ahead while the rest were keeping up..after reaching krshnagiri i had to tank up a bit and since then went on economy drive not crossing 120 at any point..so eventually was lagging behind the others as i was getting tired for the lack of sleep..then we reached hosur by 2:30 and had a sumptous lunch..all headed back to thier respectives " HOME SWEET HOMES" to bring to an end another wonderful drive..every mintue spent on the 300kms drive was worth gold and diamonds..great going guys..

highlights of the days were:
1. the small incident that the BLING MOBILE and my zen had with the culvert ridge..
2. that monster of a safari not willing to budge with a truck for having that rugged "rishtey mein hum tumhare baap lagte hey" look at the tollgate..
3. rudra and samurai looking for that perfect shot..
4. oh ya how can i forget the "tickle the rat theory" sayta has on his zen..now was it tickle or "POKE" eh satya..
5. and most hilarious of all was to see two truck doing a 1.4 mile drag neck to neck..did anyone capture that on cam guys??

PS : if u all havent been put to sleep already reading thru this report then i must add u have PATIENCE and lots of FREETIME ..
Old 12th December 2005, 13:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren, PLEASE put the right side mirror on your Zen! Samurai, I do not have my pilot's licence yet...

Man, that was fun. 3 Zens banging against their speedo stops at 160 kmph. Only to be overtaken by a Baleno and an Optra. Followed by a spanking new Eagle-F1 shod Ikon and the baap, a DICOR.

Rudra uncle (!), your car is beautiful! The alloys and rubber certainly add to not just the looks, but the dynamics too. Thank you for the lovely drive.

ps. Can't post anything non-written since my camera cable is lying with another TBHPian, who is watching JC and the Veyron presently!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 14:05   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Turns out he didn't have a left side mirror..
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Mclaren, PLEASE put the left side mirror on your Zen!
fine fine my car will have the left mirror in time for the next drive i promise..