Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:37   #1696
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Most of the guys in the confirmed list met up at Mezza 9 at 7 PM......
@sajo - Did you spot us from your office yesterday in Mezza 9. We actually waved at you.
I was on a call with the client, when I put it on mute and walked to the window to see if a bunch of cars were parked inside, a few minutes past 7. Was there also a grey i20 in the bunch ?

Was one of the bhpians driving a Red Octy without alloys ?
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:52   #1697
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

It was a wonderful evening. Rather it was a 1st meet for me too (minus the short stay at sunny's meet)
The whole evening comprised of :
1. Meeting point - met new members
2. Drive (sort off)
3. Assemply point - Garden Court - met more new members
4. All the team-bhp cars lined up
5. Each Car inspection
6. Alloy wheels display
7. Audio show off
8. Engine tweaks section
6. Gala Dinner
7. Fruitful talks and information
8. The test-ride sections

What more can anyone ask !!

- Kindly add if i've missed some points.

All in all it was like a big family get together;
A big thanks to all who made it.
@ ninjatalli : Next time hope your boss wont block your calender
@ Selfdrive : your pocket-rocket(nano) was awesome
@ Remington Steele : I've learnt to spot your car sticker
@ amitwele : It was nice to meet you sir. Was constantly following you till Moto_Cafe
@ jogidada : Forgot to check out your swift and yes I'm also a "Technics" fan.
@ noopster : sir the rear fog light works in my car
@ Jealousdiamond : All the best for your trip
@ ajnagpur : Your figo's alloys are swesome.
@ Maulik : next time a proper audio testing is pending!
@ Monaro CV8 : I'm yet to TD the Pete'd Octavia and I loved the Alloys!
@ Maverick79 : Thank you for the lot of useful tips about our home-land cars
@ ambivalent_98 : Short meet, but like the black vento
@ Swanand_Inamdar : You missed someone in your post. You-know-who . Short meet is pending
@ ajay_satpute : Sir Your car has excellent Alloys.

Aplologize if i missed anyone. It was my first meet(almost) and remembering handle was bit tough for me.

I missed the photography of all the cars and the owners.
Can we have a next meet, probably a drive and a photo session? Probably a short afternoon drive to Lavasa.

Last edited by mikon : 22nd July 2011 at 12:12.
mikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:42   #1698
BHPian

It was wonderful meeting all of you. My first T BHP meet so thanks for making the newbie feel welcome.

@ Monaro - My TD of your Peted Octy is pending, maybe next time?

Can't wait for the next meet
jogidada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:41   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Just had piping hot Onion Bhajji at the tapri opposite Mezza9 with some piping hot chai in the light drizzle. Best part of my workday.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:51   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Just had piping hot Onion Bhajji at the tapri opposite Mezza9 with some piping hot chai in the light drizzle. Best part of my workday.
Generally mine's when I leave the office for home. Like now

OT : Does anybody else feel the lack of a chat/larri options at DLF office or it's only me? I'm a sutta passive smoker - always give company to the smoking junta. But there's absolutely nothing outside the DLF office to nibble on!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd July 2011 at 16:53.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:31   #1701
dot
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that all of you had a great and complicated meet. I still didnt understand who met where, but it is not important since (a) you all did meet, apart from some waving and following (2) the meet is over and (D) all of you had a good time.
Hope the next one is around the corner!
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 03:51   #1702
BHPian

Hi guys!

After the previous night's meet and a looong day at work today (was at my project site - away from technology), I'm able to log in now and share my experience.

I bet, you all must be cursing me - everybody's anxious to see some pictures, and I've been absconding!

We'll, I haven't got many photos, simply because :
a. Was using the cell (and that too for outdoor clicks, and that too at night!). I've tried to extract the best possible via a photo-editor, but pardon me for the average photo quality.
b. Couldn't be bothered once we all headed towards the restaurant from the parking lot, after reviewing everyone's ride. Got too engrossed in the camaraderie during dinner
c. Therefore don't have pics of a few who came late: sorry swanand, selfdrive, Ajnagpur & Jealousdiamond.

Great meet this one. I think the last minute kinds work out allright. Good to meet a lot of T-BHP Punekars.

Missed out on meeting the guys at Mezza9. Maybe Next time...

1. While we were waiting for the convoy to arrive from HJW, tried but coudnt TD Maulik's 90BHP Deisel Punto. Was about to crank the engine, got a knock on the driver's window from Jogidada. He was the 3rd person to arrive there. Nonetheless, cool ICE setup there Maulik! Was surprised to see that you've extracted the best possible sound with the OE HU, combined with the aftermarket Amp, Ovals & SubW.

2. Noticed Jogidada's florescent cabin light in his Red Swift. Then he showed us the aftermarket front leg room lights - white colour. Nice & clean effect!

Pushed to Garden Court along with the HJW gang.
At the car park of GC; real Hard Core review of the cars - guess that's the T-BHP way!

3. RemingtonSteele's well kept white ANHC & the OE 'V' spoke alloys! Absolute beauty there. Quite a ripper for one petrol engine!

4. Auditioned Mikon's Black 'Mamba' Vento. I liked the ICE setup - absolute high Fidelity! We gotta exchange some neat music. Nice Alloys too!

5. Discovered the mysterious Rear End Fog Lights on Amitwlele's well maintained Vista. Mate, these meets enable us to know our cars more!

6. Reviewed the highly talked about rear seat space & the boot space in Maverick's Manza. Three heavy weights could fit in there and breathe!
Maverick, thanks for the inside info on the much anticipated Merlin & Diesel Nano.

7. Moved on to my car - The octy. Looked at the boot space, wheels, pete's box & the new Apex suspensions.

8. Checked out Ajay Satpute's Alloys on his Indica - neat two tone colored set of wheels. I found the OE Chrome exhaust tip very nice!

9. Ajnagpur's Diesel Figo. Classy retro feel (motorcycle multi spoke) alloys there.

At the dinner table surveyed and found out that from the Members present, all but 2 guys were not working in IT related field - Maverick & Myself
That was one revelation!

10. Got a good chance to catchup with fellow-countryman; me mate Swanand! Though I have to share with you a piece of my mind about how complete the family is, with the addition of a SUV in the garage! Do you feel me? Will post on your apples thread soon.

11. Noops: Glad you made it. And I hope you had a good ride when you TD's the Octy. Now I know why were you looking for the brakes. When I reached home, I found my laptop (which kept on the rear seat), on the floor. The torque on that machine is so much that one has to monitor the brakes to arrest the sudden rush of speed. Plus the brakes on the octy's are also not that impressive.

12. Selfdrive's Red Nano was awesome. It was the 1st time I ever drove the Nano. Stalled at the first attempt. The guys are looking at me like . I'm like, c'mon its a petrol engine!
The last petrol car I drove was our Wagon R, which we had untill 2008.

13. Jealousdiamond and myself were the very last people to leave GC. So much so that the security guy at the parking comes and tells us "Saheb, gate band karna hai". We were having a long discussion about his 4 months new Safari and how he used to own a 'Gypsy' way down at Kolhapur.

Well that's that.
The pictures will do the talking now.

Cheers.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imag02951.jpg
At Garden Court Parking: Maverick's White Manza & My Octy. Other 2 cars do not belong to T-BHPians.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imag0296.jpg
L to R : Remington's White ANHC, Maulik's Wine 90BHP Punto, Mikon's Black Vento

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imag02971.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imag0298.jpg
L to R : Jogidada, Amitwlele, Maverick, Ajay_Satpute, Noopster, RemingtonSteele, Maulik & Mikon

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-miniimag0299.jpg
Got room for more?
In the rear seat of Maverick's Manza. L to R : Maulik, Noopster & Yours Truly!
Monaro CV8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:28   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah the much-awaited pics are finally here! Excellent description of the cars from Monaro: I feel bad that I didn't have mine (but then again it's pure stock, apart from the leather seats, which you may have probably have waxed eloquent about )

One correction- all but the two of you WORK in IT. Monaro the electrical engineering consultant and Maverick the automobile guy are the exceptions.

It was nice to finally meet ajay_satpute after a number of meets where either he or me attended, never both.

Monaro- I didn't bother changing my sitting position in the Octy which may have been why I had a slight problem with the braking. But it was a memorable experience nonetheless. Those old-school Skodas are really built like tanks!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:07   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
10. Got a good chance to catchup with fellow-countryman; me mate Swanand! Though I have to share with you a piece of my mind about how complete the family is, with the addition of a SUV in the garage! Do you feel me? Will post on your apples thread soon.
Thanks Monaro CV8 for the details and the pics.
The question to Swanand does not quite sound right!!
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:07   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great meet this one. I think the last minute kinds work out allright. Good to meet a lot of T-BHP Punekars.

Totally agree. It was a great meet.

3. RemingtonSteele's well kept white ANHC & the OE 'V' spoke alloys! Absolute beauty there. Quite a ripper for one petrol engine!

Absolutely sparkling White beauty and a great job done on customizing the TeamBHP sticker to fit on your ANHC's number plate. Everyone appreciated the idea and many got inspired too. I had pissed Remington off by ranking ANHC's stock ICE lower than Jazz's ICE. But he was still nice to me.

4. Auditioned Mikon's Black 'Mamba' Vento. I liked the ICE setup - absolute high Fidelity! We gotta exchange some neat music. Nice Alloys too!

This one was rocking!

5. Discovered the mysterious Rear End Fog Lights on Amitwlele's well maintained Vista. Mate, these meets enable us to know our cars more!

Ha ha ha, I always used them on my Vista. But for me the mystery was, which one of those million lights on the Christmas tree light up as rear fog lights.

6. Reviewed the highly talked about rear seat space & the boot space in Maverick's Manza. Three heavy weights could fit in there and breathe!
Maverick, thanks for the inside info on the much anticipated Merlin & Diesel Nano.

Maverick is a true headmaster. Takes attendances, talks all technical and sensible stuff, will always have the last say and the person to look at if people don't know the answer.

7. Moved on to my car - The octy. Looked at the boot space, wheels, pete's box & the new Apex suspensions.

Superb Octi man. Would love to stretch its legs on the bypass one day.

8. Checked out Ajay Satpute's Alloys on his Indica - neat two tone colored set of wheels. I found the OE Chrome exhaust tip very nice!

Glad people liked those alloys. Thanks! And yes, that exhaust tip is OEM. Ripley's Believe it or not!!!

12. Selfdrive's Red Nano was awesome. It was the 1st time I ever drove
the Nano. Stalled at the first attempt. The guys are looking at me like . I'm like, c'mon its a petrol engine!
The last petrol car I drove was our Wagon R, which we had untill 2008.

I missed the Nano's paid ride. Bala you owe me one.
Good report Monaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

It was nice to finally meet ajay_satpute after a number of meets where either he or me attended, never both.

Yaaa finally! Pleasure is all mine buddy.
Waiting for the next meet. Hoping to meet the BHPians I missed to meet and more.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:11   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
...can we start with planning a breakfast for this weekend in Kothrud? Are we guys up for Saturday morning? I guess everyone would like to wake up later on Sundays.
Didn't notice anything for today, I guess today`s one is postponed.
Is tomms. get together on, any plans/updates @selfdrive ?
Old 24th July 2011, 08:11   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Didn't notice anything for today, I guess today`s one is postponed.
Is tomms. get together on, any plans/updates @selfdrive ?
Poor response for this one: so I assumed it was off for this weekend. I hoped to sleep in till late, but woke up early, well relatively!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 10:56   #1708
Senior - BHPian

What a great post there mate! You've actually mentioned all the details. Well, all those that could be mentioned anyways!
And yeah I did get the subtle hints!

Quote:
Man, now isnt that a simple sentence gone completely wrong!
No worries, I know what you mean. Lets just say - I got the thrust of it .
Old 25th July 2011, 18:15   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The question to Swanand does not quite sound right!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
And yeah I did get the subtle hints!

Man, now isnt that a simple sentence gone completely wrong!
No worries, I know what you mean. Lets just say - I got the thrust of it .
Subtle>? Well no..its rather loud and clear mate .
I've put in the details at your other thread.
Catch ya there.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:19   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Good to see that all of you had a great and complicated meet. I still didnt understand who met where, but it is not important since (a) you all did meet, apart from some waving and following (2) the meet is over and (D) all of you had a good time.
Hope the next one is around the corner!
ROFL!!! Man you have some sense of humor!!

a...2...d... LOL!! I get your drift
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks