Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 6th August 2011, 15:32   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Great Super Turnout.

By the way any discussions on the drive and any decisions?

Where is Sudarshan sir in the pics? I did not recognize him. Landy was very much prominent.

Bala so what was the reaction of juniour bala after reaching home?
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 15:46   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Cool ! Seems that you guys had a gala time on a Saturday morning.

@Noops: As usual, well written report. Thanks. What happened to your builder and the meeting?

That Sonata rocks man. Got to see it in flesh one day. Looks really killing, IMO this is the best looking ride of this meet. Sorry, Sudarshan, have to give it to the Sonata this time.

Great to see the Expert Adventurer, Mr Abhyankar. Damn! I missed the opportunity to meet him. Next time, the chair next to you is reserved by me already.

@mikon, @ninjatalli: Excellent photos. Loved the one in Sepia shade.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 16:48   #1833
BHPian

Fantastic meet, faboulous cheese-Omlet, classy Bun-maska & fundu BHPians, doesn't it say all ??

I was the first to reach the meeting spot Cafe Vohuman.
Last one to reach was Selfdrive with junior.

Meet Kalti masters: Jealousdiamond, Amey, Karlosdevile.

Total count= 16.
Attendence= Not taken. (sorry headmaster).
Finance Controller= (Swan)and
Cameraman= Sudharshan, Ninjatalli, Mikon

Next Tapri Meet - Lonavala lunch anyone? 11th June Sunday-bhp.jpg
Let me try to identify with the Handlenames from Left to Right. (I hope I am right).

::moralfibre's Bro, Throttleking, moralfibre, Vikram18, Maulik (to be bhpian), Sudarshan, padikpanthar, Oneself, "forgot the handle", (Swan)and, Ninjatalli, Monaro CV8, "n"oopster, Ajinkya Mohol(padikpanthar's friend), RemingtonSteele & Mikon (the cameraman)::

I met new friends Sudarshan, moralfibre, Vikram18, padikpanthar, Ajinkya, Throttleking, Tejas & Oneself: Nice to meet you guys -the pleasure is all mine.

Look forward to the next meets and hope to catchup with the guys who didn't turn up today.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 17:42   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Great Super Turnout.
Bala so what was the reaction of junior bala after reaching home?
Well well, fabulous turnout and unfortunately I missed most of the meet. I would have been on time but the +1 wasnt ready to move so early on a Saturday and would not let me go either! Better late than never I guess, though I did get a couple of threats of no food next time.
Fabulous pics guys, great efforts there. It was good to be introduced to some people I had not met before or hardly spoken with. I hope to have enough opportunities to speak with you in later meets. notably, throttleking (I owe you for the bunmaska sir), ninjatalli, vikram18, padikpanthar.

Discussions on the drive: yes fleetingly while I was there.
Proposed for Sunday the 21st, so everyone can attend. I will request for a change in title and put up further details in a couple if days, once everyone has reported on their omelets

The junior has a few questions, not necessarily in the same order:
- when will he get to drive next in the big green vehicle with the shed? I need to explain the vent system on your LR better, Sudarshan sir!
- when will he meet the 1+ boy on his school bus route? (the one whose pic was shown to him by the uncle in dark glasses)
- when are we going to vohuman next?
- why do we put cheese slices (instead of cubes) in omelets when we make them at home?
- when will he get to see the car built by dada? (didnt remember Tejas' name, I had to prompt him)

Last edited by selfdrive : 6th August 2011 at 17:45.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 18:50   #1835
BANNED

Quote:

Where is Sudarshan sir in the pics? I did not recognize him.
The ' Guy ' in a full sleeved shirt , just in front of everyone , post #1833 ( of all those casual looking techis ) --- --BTW we missed you Amit .
@ Gautam : wasent on ' hunting ' duty today - ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

The junior has a few questions, not necessarily in the same order:
- when will he get to drive next in the big green vehicle with the shed? I need to explain the vent system on your LR better, Sudarshan sir!
Anytime friend --Just a phone call away ,I will be more than happy

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 18:50   #1836
BHPian

Awesome meet, awsome food!

Guys, I truly wanted to be a part of this - would have been my first - unfortunately, I had taken the steering off my Opty (check this), so could not get my car out!

When is the next meet - will try to make it then!
keyur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 18:52   #1837
BHPian

Smile re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

@Ninjatalli
@Mikon
@Sudarshan

Nice Pics! Thank you!

@noopster
You've summed it all budd.

A few points noteworthy:

This morning, while coming for the meet, Swanand & I spotted a neat black Polo (MH 12 xx 89xx) with LCLC sticker on the rear right. This was parked right opposite Durga Car Accessories shop Nr. NCC Canteen, Law College Road. Is that a familiar car?

While driving back to my office after finishing my scheduled work in the area, I spotted Maulik's GP90 on J.M. road at around 3.15pm.
Had a small chat. He was busy shopping through the day. Enjoying the day off, not me.. him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
- when will he meet the 1+ boy on his school bus route? (the one whose pic was shown to him by the uncle in dark glasses)
Hey, hi to little bala.
To answer his Q, pls tell him - soon.

Quote:
Yes yes..everybody present today has been briefed about the 21st drive.
Well those, I've missed out - now you know
Lets do this drive before the monsoons are over.
Its quite picturesque out there.
Monaro CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 19:26   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
This morning, while coming for the meet, Swanand & I spotted a neat black Polo (MH 12 xx 89xx) with LCLC sticker on the rear right. This was parked right opposite Durga Car Accessories shop Nr. NCC Canteen, Law College Road. Is that a familiar car?
I spotted an OHC on my way back, near the SNDT/ Paud Road flyover. IIRC MH12 BG xxxx, headed toward Karve statue.
It was greenISH in colour, not green but I cannot describe it well either!
It had a LCLC sticker at the rear and the URL on rear windscreen, driven by an elderly gentleman.
Anyone know this ride/ bhpian?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 21:53   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Fantastic meet, faboulous cheese-Omlet, classy Bun-maska & fundu BHPians, doesn't it say all ??

Meet Kalti masters: Jealousdiamond
Boy , Just missed one of the meets and You give me the designation of Kalti Master . Lazy me couldnt move my a** off the bed to the cafe and I regret doing that . Late evening fridays , you know .

Nevermind theres always a next time

Well seems you guys had a rocking time .
jealousdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 08:49   #1840
dot
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or the meet discussions these days are actually veering towards automobiles? Thanks all for the vivid and explicit descriptions and pics.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 11:21   #1841
BANNED

Proposed drive / Meet

Date: 21-8-2011

Time : 7 am ( departure) 6 pm ( arrival )

Route:

Pune > NH 4> Bhor > Varandh ghat > Mahad (NH 17 ? ) > Mangon > Tamhini ghat > Mulshi > Pune

Anyone Interested ? Lets start counting

Sudarshan

P. S. Haven't looked at previous posts on this subject , but its only two weeks from now so lets start fixing up things
Old 7th August 2011, 15:45   #1842
BHPian

I'm IN for the Drive.

Confirmed:
1. Mikon

Tentative:
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 17:16   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Proposed drive / Meet

Date:
21-8-2011

Time : 7 am ( departure) 6 pm ( arrival )

Route:

Pune > NH 4> Bhor > Varandh ghat > Mahad (NH 17 ? ) > Mangon > Tamhini ghat > Mulshi > Pune

Confirmed:

1. Sudarshan
2. Mikon

Tentative:
1. amitwlele
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 18:15   #1844
BHPian

I am probably driving down to Goa that day, might actually be able to accompany you folks for a few km until we part
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 18:39   #1845
BANNED

Arrow re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

A comment on the Route for this ( Pune >Varandh> Tamhini>Pune ) Drive

This will perhaps answer many Q's

1) Why Bhor (first) > Varandh & why not Tamhini ( first )> Varandh > Pune

Answer :
1) Shivapur Area & the Toll booth there -- better be avoided in the evening ( while coming back ) . People who frequent must be knowing the evening time delays at the Toll Booth & the Shivapur 'Bhel Chowpaty chaos '

2) Avoiding the tackling of Varandh Ghat ( narrow & winding roads ) at late afternoon or evening . Remember we will be climbing it ( if we choose to come back by that route ) In comparison Tamhini roads are wider

What to expect

1) Pune to Bhor -- NH 4 good roads ,distance 55 km time 1 hr. on route attraction Bhatghar dam

2) Bhor > Varandh> Goa highway ( near Mahad ) winding roads --Bad surface , will take 2 hrs for those 70/80 km ( up to Mahad ) Approx . Speeds wont be exceeding 40 kmph . But a challenging drive ( the Ghat ) ,Awesome scenes & good rains + FOG ( On top of ghat ) . beware of the single road in Main ghat section ( some stretches ) its been there for ages

3) Mahad > Mangaon 40 Km approx , wide road , expect abrupt POT HOLES & good surface . good scenes

4) Mangaon > Tamhini 60 km approx winding roads mixed surface -- Major difference >> Two vehicles can pass alongside in the Main ghat section

Disclaimer : 1) distances are approx , will give accurate details of route if the trip is finalised
2) This is for the people who have not travelled by this route , not for experienced guys

Sudarshan