Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 26th May 2012, 21:08   #2971
BHPian

ObsessedbyFIAT has just confirmed. Adding his name to the list.

1) ironshark
2) Coriollis
3) Advaitlele
4) ObsessedbyFIAT

Self-drive - wats your scene??? A hardcore misal enthusiast can't miss this !!!
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:57   #2972
BHPian

Have fun guys and share the experience with photos.
As mentioned by selfdrive getting parole on successive weekends is difficult.
kbrtz125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 09:08   #2973
BHPian

This is what you guys are missing!!!

Name:  image3905723115.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  504.2 KB
Old 27th May 2012, 10:29   #2974
BHPian

Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
I recommend kavi Misal in chinchwad gaon... Personal favorite..

Total paisa vasool! wonderful misal!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 10:52   #2975
BHPian

Thanks for making it Coriollis, ObssessedbyFIAT and Altoman!! Had a wonderful time...

Here are the 2 beauties, my Punto E+ and Coriollis's Polo.

Name:  image2036363027.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  439.7 KB
Old 27th May 2012, 11:03   #2976
BHPian

Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Wish I had got my Figo as well! would have made a nice trio! never too late, will get it for the next meet ..

Buddy, did you also take pics of raw horse (power) ???
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 11:49   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Good meet guys! There was no way I could have made it to this one, just too many things to do.

By the way, do you know who drives a MH14 regd silver Fiesta? I spotted this car on East Street on Saturday afternoon. Just a little ahead of 1000 oaks, moving towards Aurora towers/ George. I was on my bike and stopped to indicate, but you were busy on the phone. There was a femal co passenger so did not want to knock, etc!
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 11:24   #2978
BHPian

@ ironshark and Corriollis, where is this Kavi Misal in Chinchwadgaon -- i stay 5 minutes from Chinchwadgaon and would love to visit; was in Gujarat this last weekend hence couldnt make to this meet....; @ selfdrive -- can we do another misal meet elsewhere in the coming weekends...
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 13:27   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how about a 'straight H' meet/ early morning photoshoot? I am talking sunrise effects here! Perhaps we can extend scope and make it into a petrolheads only meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
@ selfdrive -- can we do another misal meet elsewhere in the coming weekends...
its a good idea, perhaps the morning of June 10th? However, if this has to work for me, it has to be early in the morning. I may even be the first at the misal place as I need to get back home by 9 at the latest. And do note that I could be required to cancel at the last minute, just letting you know in advance!
too many preconditions :(

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th May 2012 at 13:28.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 15:22   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
its a good idea, perhaps the morning of June 10th? However, if this has to work for me, it has to be early in the morning. I may even be the first at the misal place as I need to get back home by 9 at the latest. And do note that I could be required to cancel at the last minute, just letting you know in advance!
too many preconditions :(
Lets keep it a very strict early morning breakfast meet -- no drive...
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 17:28   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt
@ ironshark and Corriollis, where is this Kavi Misal in Chinchwadgaon -- i stay 5 minutes from Chinchwadgaon and would love to visit; was in Gujarat this last weekend hence couldnt make to this meet....; @ selfdrive -- can we do another misal meet elsewhere in the coming weekends...
It is right beside Morya Gosavi mandir. Once you are at MORYA Gosavi, ask anybody for Kavi misal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt
Lets keep it a very strict early morning breakfast meet -- no drive...
Absolutely true!!! Let's plan in such a way that we're back home by 10 am maxx! For next misal meet, I propose Dhadage misal, Khadki. Let's plan it mid June!
Old 29th May 2012, 19:40   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Some people are going to lynch me. First expressing dislike for Vaishali and now Bedekar. I swear I dont know anyone by the name Vaishali Bedekar!

just that misal at Bedekar is a bit sweet for my liking. I dont mind it being less spicy, but sweet?
it used to be better and hotter in the past..I asked the owner why the more mellowed down taste thesedays and unexpectedly was told it was due to people complaining about the heat/spciyness of the 'tarri'. imagine that. Why eat misal at all if you can't handle the heat? :
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:55   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay

it used to be better and hotter in the past..I asked the owner why the more mellowed down taste thesedays and unexpectedly was told it was due to people complaining about the heat/spciyness of the 'tarri'. imagine that. Why eat misal at all if you can't handle the heat? :
For a misal ENTHUSIAST Bedekar is just horrible... They serve dahi and groundnut laddus as accompaniments with already sweet misal. I mean c'mon gimme a break!!! And don't go by the words of the owner. Total Bol bachchan he is!
Old 5th June 2012, 11:32   #2984
BHPian

Arrrrr.. How could I have missed this PCMC meet.. That too a Misal Meet.

No no.. Once Again.. one more meet here in Chinchwad please..

There is a Misal outlet called De Dhakka bang Opposite to Eagle Hotel on the Chinchwad Link Road. They serve pretty spicy Misal as well.. And if you can make it early there then couple it with some tasty Potato Bhajis and some good tea..!!

Nevale Misal is the King but the concoction is so spicy that it is designed to turn you into a Fire breathing Dragon. Moreover there is no way a car can get into that road.

I think its time that PCMC Misal fellows get their due share of limelight.
One plate out here and people will forget that Super Duper Over-Hyped Ridiculous Bedekar Misal..!!

If there are any Non-vegetarian enthusiasts then I can lead you to another "Hidden Place" out here in MIDC area. But of course, that would be for lunch. Nobody wants chicken for breakfast..!!
arrowaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 14:28   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Arrrrr.. How could I have missed this PCMC meet.. That too a Misal Meet.

No no.. Once Again.. one more meet here in Chinchwad please..

There is a Misal outlet called De Dhakka bang Opposite to Eagle Hotel on the Chinchwad Link Road. They serve pretty spicy Misal as well.. And if you can make it early there then couple it with some tasty Potato Bhajis and some good tea..!!
arrowaby, there'll be more PCMC misal meets for sure. Watch out this space!!