Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Next Hyderabad Drive Meet Options_August, 2011
Nagarjunsagar Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Nagarjunsagar Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2011, 11:21   #361
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

What a turn-up and as usual the HYD junta was on-time .

Since I was the slowest of the lot due to my run-in, I guess I will be last to post on the drive report. I should have guessed this was not going to be a sedate drive. We had a total of 4 modded ride's in this meet, I think this is the highest we ever had. Me going at the puny 80 and the Baleno's and Skoda exhaust note was just music. I was pretty happy not many caught up till the toll booth, our first stop. A couple of snaps and some catching up then the cars were itching to rev hard. And then Ravs joined us in the tricked out Zen.

Since all the nice folks were enjoying the comfort of the AC including my wife I had to make do with the restrictions of the run-in with my full gear, when I was moving it was cool but there was too much of cross-winds. My helmet was being constantly pushed back. And it was the true first Highway ride for the Ninja so was taking it easy.

I missed the Dhaba on the way back with me all excited about finishing the run-in and keep my concentration on the road. I guess due to that I actually rode a little over 25km more.

Riding and stopping over at a dhaba for food with lots of friends it felt nostalgic like I had gone back to my college days. Though the food was tempting I could not have much due to the heat, I was trying to soak up as much of liquids as possible.

Guys thanks for the compliment's and the pictures. So many of you actually clicked the pictures parked, riding etc. etc. I also appear in a video for 2 secs. I need to add special mention of Ani, he actually clicked while I was riding from multiple angles and Mrs. Octane who made sure I sat and she clicked the pictures.

Looking forward to the next drive meet, but then it will be in my Linea.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:03   #362
BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

As the sun started rising up and beaming in full glory through my window sill, I was compelled to cover my eyes and return back to the Glorious World of Sleep & that’s when the Phone rang like crazy and pulled me out of my sleepish stupor.

I look at the watch and it yells out “8.15 AM” & I am like, this is crazy. As per IST (Indian Standard Time), I was at least expected to be out of my home by this time & here, I lay on my bed trying to catch another wink or two, before I embark on Team-BHP Drive Meet.

It’s very very hard to drag oneself out of the bed on a Sunday morning & knowing it’s going to be a long day, before I get an opportunity to hit the bed again.

SMS’ed Avi about me strictly following HST (Hyderabad Standard Time), I tried to enact the Vodafone 3G Advt. & believe me, I did do things at 3G speed this time. I normally drool around lazily and do my things, which normally take about 1 hour every day, from the time I step out of my bed to the time I step into my shoes. Today, I was all set to go in 20 mins flat, 3G Rocks People, Believe me, it does rock!

Quickly gave my Black Mamba a quick dusting and a sponge bath & we were ready to leave. The watch read “8.55 AM”, time to leave for the Team-BHP Drive Meet.

Synced up with Arcot & updated him about my present location and also about being a bit late to the Rendezvous Point. Picked up Abhijeet (FleetMaster) from Himayat Nagar and lo! We were on our way to Pakwaan Hotel to meet the BHPians. I was now following NST (Nikhil Standard Time). People, its time to move on from IST, HST…. It’s NST from now on. 8.30 can mean anything in NST

A few calls and smses, we were on our way to Pakwaan Hotel, when the catastrophe struck us at the least expected moment, heavy traffic buildup at Paradise X Roads, due to some foolish RTC Bus Driver, who overshot the Traffic Signal & held up the traffic for good 15 minutes. Phones started ringing and we asked our BHPians to move on & we shall catch up soon.

Exiting Bowenpally was a true bliss and we were on NH-7, cruising happily at the wide open roads. Met Mobike008 (Avinash) somewhere near Suchitra. This was when, I saw DownSouth (Chetan) all geared up with his Ninja. Chetan Bhai, good to see your riding gear, loved your HELL-MATE the most (any pics of his helmet?)

Somewhere in the middle of the NH-7, saw TBHPians Cars parked on the left side of the road and so did we park on the left. A couple of tweaks to Appu’s ride & we were ready to go.

Entrusted with the responsibility to getting food arranged at New Meera Devi Dhaba, Black Mamba had to turn back to ensure that the arrangements are put into place, before we EVIL MOTOR HEADS descend at New Meera Devi Dhaba and take them by surprise.

All said and done, orders were passed and instructions handed out to the relevant lot to take care of all the arrangements at the dhaba, we were back on NH-7 with all others waiting for us at the Toll Gate. Paid Rs. 130/- and moved ahead to meet everyone staring at us like crazy (sorry guys for keeping you all waiting for us, now you know the reason, why we had you guys waiting for sometime after the Toll Gate).

The ride here on was a total bliss, with Black Mamba hitting 130-140 mark on the highway for the first time. It was time to unleash the power within. Being a City Ride, Black Mamba used to urge a lot to go at good speeds and only time I got to unleash was on ORR, while coming to office. With Deepak & Rohit’s company, we threesome were doing good speeds and mostly staying together.

If you are wondering, why am I writing only about 3 of us? The others were way way ahead of us, doing great speeds on their steeds. A-Star’s pumped up rides were roaring to glory on NH-7. All the evil motor heads descended at Haritha for a stop over.

This is where a CATASTROPHE. The ever happy Mary (my personal navigator of NDrive on my Android Phone) had a couple of moments of silence and she never spoke again. Did I hurt her EGO by not taking the route she wanted me to take or was I asking her to work overtime? Whatever it was, she vented her anger big time & destroyed the LCD Screen of my phone. RIP Mary, here by I rechristen my Mary as Mary, The Annihilator. Now, my Andy is resting at the LG Service Center for a total refurbish of its face and should be back in glory in a couple of days to again lead my way to office and back.

Sorry Avi Bhai, this was the main reason, why MARY could not meet KATE that day.

Whoever said “NH-7 is a pure bliss to drive on”, I second that quote for sure. NH-9 was breathtaking due to its amazing scenic beauty, NH-7 had its own beauty.

Albeit, People should know, understand and learn to drive on NH’s. Never drive on NH’s if you do not know your lanes. Those crazy Auto Drivers, those two wheelers (no pun intended towards Chetan’s Ninja) & those amazing truckers, who drive as if they own the road.

Drive back to New Meera Devi Dhaba was a joyful ride with Arcot doing good 140 in his Yellow Belly (dude, your yellow belly does good speeds). Ripping, Zipping, Driving, Cruising & Flying-Low, we descend for our lunch at New Meera Devi Dhaba.

I agree, it does feel special, when you are treated like a King. Anything for the brethren of Team-BHP.

Special thanks to FleetMaster & Arcot for being a great support and ensuring that everyone feels pampered and enjoys the lunch, in utmost comfort (I know, a couple of fans might not be comfortable, but it’s better than sitting out in sweltering heat).

The Gang devoured the following dishes & hope everyone liked them:
1. Veg Pakoda
2. Chicken Roast
3. Pepper Chicken
4. Rabbit Curry
5. Butter Chicken

The lunch kind of cooled down everyone and the usual topics of a peculiar Team-BHP meet started off with discussions about each and everything under the roof, to keep everyone in high spirits and enjoying every moment of it. The foodie experience of South Africa by Mr. & Mrs. Rohit (Lucifer1881), The APPU’istic Driving Experience and Videos of the same & a lot more.

As the clock was slowly trickling towards the late afternoon benchmark, did a couple of people start trickling out of the venue to head home. The Last Men Standing at the Venue were a lot to be listed here, so it was like “We all left together to head back home”.

Special Thanks to Bajaj Saab (hyd_traveller) for those amazing Gujju Paans (Being a Gujju myself, I never knew, you get them here too).

It was great meeting you all.

OT: Spotted a Black Hummer H2 while returning back home at Kompally. Did anyone else spot it? Avi Bhai could have overshot it by a couple of minutes & Arcot should have seen it for sure.

Avi Bhai, when are the pics coming up? Eagerly awaiting for the pictures.

Last edited by traveloholic : 29th March 2011 at 13:05.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:24   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
...The foodie experience of South Africa by Mr. & Mrs. Rohit (Lucifer1881)...
Small correction. Nigeria, not South Africa.

Great review of the meet!
Old 29th March 2011, 13:32   #364
BHPian

missed out on the ride due to kids exams . next drive count me in , octane's scorp will have black bull's company for sure .
Old 29th March 2011, 14:22   #365
BHPian

Quote:

OT: Spotted a Black Hummer H2 while returning back home at Kompally. Did anyone else spot it? Avi Bhai could have overshot it by a couple of minutes & Arcot should have seen it for sure.

Avi Bhai, when are the pics coming up? Eagerly awaiting for the pictures.
Nice writeup Nikhil,

Yes I did spot the H2 on the way back.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:27   #366
BHPian

Wonderful writeup. Regret not being a part of this drive. Was at home all alone as everyone went shopping. I was at home to supervise Cube installation which did not happen, because the installers did not bring their safety belts.

MaSh
Old 29th March 2011, 14:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
As the sun started rising up and beaming in full glory through my window sill, I was compelled to cover my eyes and return back to the Glorious World of Sleep & that’s when the Phone rang like crazy and pulled me out of my sleepish stupor.

I look at the watch and it yells out “8.15 AM” & I am like, this is crazy. ....
..... so it was like “We all left together to head back home”...
This review motivates me to take my first step towards a Team-Bhp meet in hyd . Well written review i must say.

Ever since shifting to hyd in oct'10, i havent given my BlackHawk a neat wash and neither did i take her out to whip on a highway. Need to come out of my lazy self now.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:01   #368
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review there by Chetan and Nikhil. Between the both of them they summed up the entire meet quite well.

Not many members take initative of writing a few words or a paragraph to describe the meet in their own words and style. It would be a fun and different perspective for others to read each participants feeling.

However, this was a fairly decent begining this time. Perhaps, we can think of that ratio improving as we move forward.

Are we all game for a drive meet in April-2011 where the car count is minimum 20?
Old 29th March 2011, 15:23   #369
BHPian

One thing that I wanted to tell all those who have driven up to Kamareddy on this NH 7 for the first time this Sunday (and also to all those who have never done this highway before) :

The road just goes on improving as you go on furthering yourself from Hyderabad.

The road is far superior, to the one you experienced on this Sunday, between Nirmal and Andhra-Maharashtra Border via Adilabad now that Nirmal and Adilabad bye-pass are functional.

OT : As soon as the stretch between Andhra-Maharashtra Border and Hinganghat has been made 4-laned, I intend to drive to Nagpur just to eat a dinner at Barbecue (restaurant) which will consist of Garlic Tandoori Chicken, Kaali Daal & Tandoori Roti.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:27   #370
BHPian

Something I missed out posting:
Startled Durgesh with some typical Hyderabadi Terminology. I asked Durgesh to remove his stuff lying on the table, so that I can take a picture of the food. The mere utterance of the word "Bhai, aapka saamaan hatao zara", he was startled as he never understood what I meant by Saamaan :LOL. Avi Bhai had to decode the encoded terminology of hillarious hyderabadi hindi.

Sometimes, typical hyderabadi terms can be too startling to others. Kya bolte sab logaan? Mai sacchi baat bola naa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are we all game for a drive meet in April-2011 where the car count is minimum 20?
Pehle saamaan to aane do bhai, phir plan karinge apan (translation: Let the pictures flow in first, we can always plan later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Small correction. Nigeria, not South Africa.
Nigeria or Uganda, it's all one and the same Rohit. I kind of heard about the Rat Meat and stuff, did not hear as to where you exactly had it. I did not hear, what our very own Mr. Uganda had to say about the food there.

Quote:
Not many members take initative of writing a few words or a paragraph to describe the meet in their own words and style. It would be a fun and different perspective for others to read each participants feeling.
Would love to read the whole experience in words too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
This review motivates me to take my first step towards a Team-Bhp meet in hyd .
Keep those motivated spirits high till the next meet. As you can see, even when we are chipping in our 2 cents about the previous meet, the next meet is already been planned for. These are typical antics of a true Hydie BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Great review of the meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Nice writeup Nikhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Wonderful writeup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Well written review i must say.
Quote:
Excellent review there by Chetan and Nikhil. Between the both of them they summed up the entire meet quite well.
Thanks a lot everyone for loving the writeup. Wish I had pictures to go with it.

Avi Bhai, where are the pics?

Ani Bhai, upload the pics please.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:31   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman View Post
Anyway as promised, the next drive meet could be to the AF base at Dundigal. Shall I say, a beautiful drive towards Narsapur followed by Lunch at the base camp. Cheers!
Sure Sir, you could let us know the convenient dates for you and we shall start planing!!

Quote:
We could do the AF Base at Dundigal as suggested by Bhatia Sir. The green and cool environs of the AF Base would be nice considering April is going to be as hot if not more than the daybefore.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Sabby-069 : 29th March 2011 at 15:33. Reason: Typo
Old 29th March 2011, 15:40   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
We could do the AF Base at Dundigal as suggested by Bhatia Sir.
Sabby, you guys need to stay away from those Aircrafts. I can already see you maniacs (ravvs, avi, appu, ardy, sabby) flying those Aircrafts full throttle on .
Old 29th March 2011, 17:09   #373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Avi Bhai, where are the pics?
In your excitement, you didnt see post #358. That's the whole lot that i had with me

Quote:
Ani Bhai, upload the pics please.
Ani, forgot his camera with me. He will be collecting it today/tomorrow and post that only you can see those pictures. Arcot used it and took quite a few of them. So a couple of days wait for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
We could do the AF Base at Dundigal as suggested by Bhatia Sir. The green and cool environs of the AF Base would be nice considering April is going to be as hot if not more than the daybefore.Just a thought.
That's an excellent thought. Lets wait for Mr.Bhatia to confirm the dates and we can plan accordingly.

Quote:
I can already see you maniacs (ravvs, avi, appu, ardy, sabby) flying those Aircrafts full throttle on
Nikhil, I cannot fly. Dont have the license yet. But, i surely Cruze
Old 29th March 2011, 19:50   #374
BHPian

Quote:
In your excitement, you didnt see post #358. That's the whole lot that i had with me
This is what I mean Avi Bhai, Ani ke pics kahaan hai.
Quote:
Ani, forgot his camera with me. He will be collecting it today/tomorrow and post that only you can see those pictures.
Ani Bhai, upload your pics soon.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:35   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ani, forgot his camera with me. He will be collecting it today/tomorrow and post that only you can see those pictures. Arcot used it and took quite a few of them. So a couple of days wait for sure.
Quote:
Ani Bhai, upload your pics soon.
I'm terribly tied for the next couple of days courtesy the mess the dealer has created for my vehicle. You'll have to be a bit patient

Last edited by MileCruncher : 29th March 2011 at 20:36.
Closed Thread