Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Next Hyderabad Drive Meet Options_August, 2011
Nagarjunsagar Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Nagarjunsagar Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2011, 12:02   #841
BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

I had the best sleep yesterday night. was very very tired. Got sunburns too. Next time i ll ride with someone in a car. Shall post the pics in the evening.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:39   #842
Team-BHP Support

As it usually happens, TBHP Hyderabad almost always plans a trip to NSD around this time to take full advantage of greenry

left behind by the monsoons. However, this time around it was not destined to happen that ways. Initially, What looked like
this drive meet turning out to be one of the biggest turnout quickly turned to a regular drive with several folks dropping out one after the other leaving the numbers to a reasonable count of 10-11 cars.

Yesterday morning stepped out of home a little after 8am and quickly traversed towards the meeting point and I reached Kamenini Hospitals rather quickly and stopped to check with other folks on ORR side and at 830am they were still there and about to head out. So i decided to grab something to eat (plate of Idli) and a hot cuppa before starting to reach the meeting point

After the quick bite, started off towards the Ibrahimpatnam road and was joined by Neilguy and we were the first to reach the meeting point which was below the ORR highway a little after 9am.

Within a few minutes one after the other folks started trickling in and it was a nice sight to see 7 bikes roar their way towards the group and with a few pleasantries and a nice breakfast snack by Mrs.Neilguy (thanks to her) we head out roughly around 9:45am towards NSD.

We reached NSD at 11:30am and stopped to let Vijay Vihar know that their are a bunch of hungry people they need to feed. However, they were out of soft drinks and we only had to do with snacks and their buffet lunch.

We headed out towards Eithipothala falls and just after a few kms we found "therealabs" on the side of road because of a bad crash. I asked all bikers to head out early and told them rest of us will join them at falls in 15mins. Therelabs removed his riding jacket just before moving out towards the fall and this sad incident had to happen. It was a bad crash and the bike took the major brunt with its handle bar broken in the middle and one side of the fairing totally damaged and not to mention one of the review mirror coming off . Rider also took a bad hit on the head and had
several bruises on forearm, lip etc.

Appu_Reddevil was outstanding in his gesture and quickly hauled him into the car and took him to nearest hospital in Macherla and doctors checked him and certified his head his fine much to everyone's relief. The bike was
loaded in an auto trolley and sent to Hyderabad with other bikers except the Honda CBR 250 ( who is therealabs younger brother) who stayed back with us.

We had a lovely lunch wherein some of us digged into the veg buffet spread and rest of us had countless plates of their delectable Fish Fry, Chicken Curry, Onion Pakoda and White Rice.

After that wholesome lunch, we spent some time outside lining up the cars and taking some pics with the ride and finally headed out at 5pm from Vijay Vihar and stopped enroute for a couple of times for nature breaks etc and I was riding in the front and reached the ORR and took a wrong lane to enter and went zipping for 40kms till suddenly a dead-end loomed up.

As there was no way to go across the divider had to drive more than 20kms in the wrong route with my hazards ON and finally met another lost car ( Neilguy) who then guided me to the right track and from there on till Gachibowli we both were blasting through and finally stretch and after dropping Aaron and Giacomo at their guest house in Road No.12 BHills, reached home at at 7:45pm

It was great to see the spirit of some of us like rrswift and Fordmanchau despite starting an hour late they still made it to the meeting point in NSD.

Overall, it was a great drive and for first time I kept up sane speeds and max touched was 170kmph mostly due to me and Aaron Pape engrossed in conversation with topics ranging from political and economic scenarios in the US to a lot of other lighter stuff througout the entire drive. And, went over the magic figure on ORR and guess what, WA returned the best FE ever till date. Roughly 16kmpl

The only downsides of the drive were the sad crash of therelabs, lakhs of cattle on the highway ( probably due to ramzan festival) and hot and humid weather from noon-4pm. And, oh yeah, picked up a biryani from Bahar on the way back. Had a nice dinner and went to bed early around 11pm and crashed like a log till 7am. I agree it was one of the best sleep ever in a long time since it was around 420kms that I drove in a single day and most of the return drive in setting sun which was a little uncomfortable and stressful.

Here is the list of folks who finally made it. Sorry, If i missed out someone. And, then time for some pictures to do the talking.

Confirmed "Turned Up" Names
1. Mobike008 ( Chevrolet Cruze )
2. Sabby+1 ( Baleno )
3. Fordmanchau+1 ( Ford Ikon )
4. Appu_Reddevil ( Baleno )
5. Vivek_vt ( Avenger 200 )
6. Ashishy
7. Vnabhi
8. Arcotsrinivas ( Alto )
9. Zen91 + 1 ( Fiesta S )
10. Puzz+2 ( Linea )
11. Therealabs ( Ninja )
12. Harsha (Therelabs' friend) ( Ninja )
13. Dheeraj (Therelabs cousin) ( CBR )
14. Aaron Pape
15. Giacomo
16. kingofmyworld ( CBR)
17. kiran_borra ( Ninja )
18. rrswift ( Swift )
19. Neilguy + 1 ( Fiesta S )
20. Sashidar ( R15 )
21. Mr.X ( Black Swift)

We encountered a Ford Fiesta on the highway with a LTD sticker but, that car slowed down seeing us park on highway and then moved ahead without stopping. Strange, I say!

Kudos to all! Keep watching this thread for the next drive in Sep-2011
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7825.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7826.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7827.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7828.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7833.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7835.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7840.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7841.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7842.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7844.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7854.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7855.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7856.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7857.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7860.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7861.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7866.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7922.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7915.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th August 2011 at 14:31.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:59   #843
Senior - BHPian

That's a super report from our very own "apna" mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was great to see the spirit of some of us like rrswift and Fordmanchau despite starting an hour late they still made it to the meeting point in NSD.
And thanks for the honour. I started at around 12:15p.m and that's a super 3 hours late, lol. But it was good that I could make it just in time for lunch. I drove non-stop to Vijay Vihar at NSD, while I kept getting updates from Venu sir, about the Gang's position. And Venu sir, thanks for confirming about the Fish fry, otherwise my +1 would have fried me instead. She was hungry and I was not in the mood to stop anywhere in between.

I had a little introductory chat with Aaron and Giacomo. Nice guys, but poor Giacomo I snapped him when he was struggling with the food. Was kind of little surprised that they were at ease eating with their hands, then Aaron told me that he has been coming to India for last 7 years. It was nice that they like it here.

I will put up my snaps in the evening. It was a very hectic day for me but funfilled nevertheless. I had to leave early to shop for our travel next week(made good of the Urbana's flat 60% off sale,,big grin smiley here) and then we went to Kshetra for dinner. Could hit bed only by 12 a.m and woke up by 630hrs in morning.

@venu sir, Vivek, and Pandeyji, you guys had a very good sleep indeed.

Inspite of some droppings out at last moment, I would say the head count was decent, though the car count took a hit. I was expecting to see all those 7 bikes but when I reached, there was only a Avenger and a CBR left. Got to know of "therealabs" accident during lunch, but he showed a great biker's spirit to continue with the meet. I was glad to see that he was in good shape except for some bruises on face and hand.

Great going mate. Keep it up and ride safe always.

It was great meeting all of you guys again.
@Brajesh bhai, your 1.6S is awesome, though I was somehow hoping it to be blue but even in that colour it looks awesome and pristine. Looks new to me.
@sabby, I envy your ride, with those alloys and smoked headlights and taillights. That glossy black paint with white stripes on the bonnet gives it a mean look.
@ Appu, yours is a classy ride.
@ Puzz, I know your Linea didn't get much attention among the 1.6s, baleno's and Cruze but even your Linea with those alloys is a beauty.

All in all, a great meet.

Edit: While returning I also took the ORR at Ibrahimpatnam, then got down at Airport Exit. Then Entered the Airport road and exit at NH7 and finally to road no:1 through the PVNR Expressway. This time, thanks god, didn't make a mistake on the ORR but I had to ask and confirm the security guard at ORR at Ibrahimpatnam for the direction to airport.
And trust me, while I was on the ORR and then when I was driving through the airport road, the sunset was so beautiful , the road was lit by the orange rays. I wish if i had time , i would have stopped and clicked. I am planning to goto the airport with my camera sometime.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 8th August 2011 at 15:09.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:37   #844
Team-BHP Support

Here is the next installment of the pictures. There is one picture of the injured rider smiling with Appu which clearly says that he is alright
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7846.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7847.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7849.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7850.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7876.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7864.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7869.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7871.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7872.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7874.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7878.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7879.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7881.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7882.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7886.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7888.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7884.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7892.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7894.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-dsc_7891.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 15:49   #845
BHPian

Great pictures! even i got very very confused on how to get back on the expressway at ibrahimpatnam. Ended up driving on the side roads for 10 kms on both sides of expressway and finally getting on to it at the srisailam exit. Was funny asking auto vala's (pointing at the expressway) "iske upar kaise chadna hai?" Caught up with linea and the mean baleno at gachibowli, so thought everyone had the same confusion

Would be uploading the pics in the evening. Any guidelines on how and what to do. My first time. I see those team-bhp logos on the pics.
Old 8th August 2011, 16:26   #846
BHPian

Both my wife and I had a lot of fun on the drive, except for the one unfortunate bike incident everyone is talking about. Long drive with mostly ok roads, except for a few stretches, and loads of cattle and sheep strolling on the roads made the drive exciting, but thankfully, uneventful. Once we reached NSD, the views were awesome but the weather started getting warm and uncomfortable. Thankfully we were able to cool off a little at VijayVihar and get a taste of the much talked about fish fry. The drive back was mostly great except for sometime when the sun was getting in your eyes. The detour we (might have) missed when getting onto the ORR from Ibrahimpatnam added some adventure to our journey. Incidentally, whenever we were lost (or feeling lost) mobike008 used to suddenly pop up into our RVM and give us company .
We both thoroughly enjoyed Venu sir's company in our car as much as we enjoyed sunday's outing. And wifey is mighty impressed that everyone enjoys the little snacks she gets everytime and I hope she continues the tradition next time
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0109.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0115.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0118.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0120.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0143.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0211.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0216.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0217.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0237.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0252.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0278.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0280.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0284.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0286.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0288.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0291.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0292.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0296.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0297.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0308.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 16:46   #847
BHPian

Nice travelogue and pictures. Brought back memories of TBHP trip to same place in 2008. Good to see large turnout.
Old 8th August 2011, 16:54   #848
BHPian

Some more pictures of the NSD drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0145.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0183.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0182.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0162.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0187.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0193.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0150.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 17:27   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Incidentally, whenever we were lost (or feeling lost) mobike008 used to suddenly pop up into our RVM and give us company .

@Neilguy,
i was making wild guess about why you chose your username as Neilguy and got the answer looking at your fiesta but....
...another question arised in my mind that if your car is black coloured, what would be your username?:
another wild guess.

As you quoted that Mobike used to pop up in your Rvm but never overtook you, why, for answer, read first line of mobike's sign.

Nice pics and narration.

@mobike,
nice pics and narration,
hope, in future you guys enjoy more drives like this one.
I am confused about why all you guys tired so much after just 300km drive?

I hope, the Ninja rider is alright.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 8th August 2011 at 17:40.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:41   #850
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_vt View Post
Would be uploading the pics in the evening. Any guidelines on how and what to do. My first time. I see those team-bhp logos on the pics.
It's simple :-

1. Just reply to a post

2. Click Manage attachment button

3. Upload pics from your computer

4. Save/submit the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As you quoted that Mobike used to pop up in your Rvm but never overtook you, why, for answer, read mobike's sign.
Hehe! Yesterday I was part of the ORVM of almost everyone. It was a nice change to admire the tail of all other cars

Quote:
I am confused about why all you guys tired so much after just 450km drive? I hope, the Ninja rider is alright.
Multiple Reasons for tiredness

1. Roads were good but, quite uneven all through with lot of curves which didnt help too much to keep a constant pace

2. Late lunch at 430pm with heavy doses of rice ( which as we all know is a sleep inducer..lol)

3. Entire drive back, the sun was in the eye and had trouble in clear vision with decent amount of oncoming traffic

4. Lots of goats and sheperds on road every few kms

Not to mention, 40 kms of detour looking for the right path back home.

Yeah, it was a bit tiring but, a satisfactory drive
Old 8th August 2011, 17:53   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the next installment of the pictures. There is one picture of the injured rider smiling with Appu which clearly says that he is alright
"therealabs" 's real abs is in his mind and his spirit. He ain't got any in his stomach though.
Sorry, but just couldn't keep it to myself. Please don't flame me up. I am sorry already you see.

Quote:
Incidentally, whenever we were lost (or feeling lost) mobike008 used to suddenly pop up into our RVM and give us company
Neel, this was good!!
Quote:
And wifey is mighty impressed that everyone enjoys the little snacks she gets everytime and I hope she continues the tradition next time
A little extra portion for us too, next time!!

Quote:
@Neilguy,
i was making wild guess about why you chose your username as Neilguy and got the answer looking at your fiesta but....
...another question arised in my mind that if your car is black coloured, what would be your username?:
another wild guess.
Ashish Bhau, nice one but I wouldn't risk a guess to "neilguy's" handle if his car had been black.

Quote:
Multiple Reasons for tiredness
Not to forget, that it was humid and hot too and people spent lot of time outside their cars.
I was expecting good weather when I started and rains lashed after I crossed Ibrahimpatnam when we were going to NSD. But it was just a quick 2 minutes affair.
Old 8th August 2011, 18:25   #852
BHPian

Quote:
After that wholesome lunch, we spent some time outside lining up the cars and taking some pics with the ride and finally headed out at 5pm from Vijay Vihar and stopped enroute for a couple of times for nature breaks etc and I was riding in the front and reached the ORR and took a wrong lane to enter and went zipping for 40kms till suddenly a dead-end loomed up.

As there was no way to go across the divider had to drive more than 20kms in the wrong route with my hazards ON and finally met another lost car ( Neilguy) who then guided me to the right track and from there on till Gachibowli we both were blasting through and finally stretch and after dropping Aaron and Giacomo at their guest house in Road No.12 BHills, reached home at at 7:45pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_vt View Post
Great pictures! even i got very very confused on how to get back on the expressway at ibrahimpatnam. Ended up driving on the side roads for 10 kms on both sides of expressway and finally getting on to it at the srisailam exit. Was funny asking auto vala's (pointing at the expressway) "iske upar kaise chadna hai?" Caught up with linea and the mean baleno at gachibowli, so thought everyone had the same confusion
Quote:
The detour we (might have) missed when getting onto the ORR from Ibrahimpatnam added some adventure to our journey. Incidentally, whenever we were lost (or feeling lost) mobike008 used to suddenly pop up into our RVM and give us company .
Does this mean that the signage are missing at the entry point of ORR?

This may be the way to enter ORR from NSD side :

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-nsd_hyd_turn_orr.jpg
Old 8th August 2011, 18:31   #853
BHPian

Smile re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Does this mean that the signage are missing at the entry point of ORR?

This may be the way to enter ORR from NSD side :

Attachment 590381
yes! the signs were definitely not there.. atleast i didnt see them at all.. maybe
Old 8th August 2011, 18:53   #854
BHPian

Loads of snaps - looks like a fun drive !

I missed out - a biker hit my car from behind on Saturday and my car's bumper bore the brunt. Went to New Mars garage (FNG - thanks to team-bhp!) at Moosapet on Sunday morning and got it fixed. Didnt feel like coming for a drive with a damaged bumper ! :(
Old 8th August 2011, 18:59   #855
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj saab---thanks for posting that map with route. I wish we had it yesterday.

Like most others, we took the first left, assuming the road would lead to a ramp that would put us on the ORR. You can see from the map that the left turn is leading to the ORR, but later it runs parallel to it, and nowhere leads to the ORR, even after 10 kms, though it runs parallel to it.. Even that road is wide and devoid of traffic, but at some portions, it is bumpy and it ends abruptly at a point, whereupon we were forced to go under the ORR, and drive parallel to it on the other side. We had to go another 8 kms on that side, and finally at the Srisailam crossing we found a ramp. But for reaching that ramp, we had to turn left at the Srisailam highway, go under the ORR, and then turn right onto the road parallel to the ORR---the very same road we first entered.

Very funny that there is no signage at all for the ramps leading to it.

Last edited by vnabhi : 8th August 2011 at 19:02.
Closed Thread