Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Destination for the drive
Daman 8 34.78%
Lonavala 14 60.87%
Other 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27th January 2006, 10:07   #121
Team-BHP Support

Hey Viper, the Turbo would be the TDi man!

And upload the video's on rapidshare and post the link here.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 10:29   #122
BANNED

Hey,

Here goes nothing. Tell me if the links work.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11921131/MOV01154.MPG.html

Its taking too long to upload will upload the rest later. Have to leave for work.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

Great way to spend Republic Day. It was a great drive and the Honda was no doubt the star of the show. But the Kwacker used to come out of no where and just blast off. Nice meeeting marinegopi too and this trip has some photo clicking sessions we have never seen on TB drives before
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:17   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Here goes nothing. Tell me if the links work.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11921131/MOV01154.MPG.html
Viper,

Yes it works, but its a video of people drinking chai!!! ***!

Artofzen sure makes the ZZR taxi look small man!

Waiting for the rest of the vids/pics!
Howcum no comments on the Getz sound from anyone yet??

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:25   #125
Senior - BHPian

Default Breakfast Halt

guys some pics my me.....

chetan & ported check out the breakfast stop

dippy , rocam , f50 and ported settle down for breakfast

Rtech checks in for breakfast too on his kwacker

viper was hungry and dug in

the number os bowls of sambhar f50 needed to finish one dosa

rocam wants dippy's plate

the WOLF in sheep's clothing - resting before running amock

More pics coming up (some very candid ones) - and a whole SHAADI.COM EXCLUSIVE GALLERY of all.

cheers
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:41   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes it works, but its a video of people drinking chai!!! ***!
9 mb of people drinking tea! Good thing I didn't download that then! Viper, where are the driving shots?
Old 27th January 2006, 11:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
9 mb of people drinking tea! Good thing I didn't download that then! Viper, where are the driving shots?

heheheh..i called my colleagues to show them the video and instead of cars sipping petrol and eating roads ...this is wat i get :((((((((((((
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 12:19   #128
BHPian

nice pics damn i missed the trip waitin to see the vids
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 14:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

Default Drive Report To Daman

Report on TB drive to Daman on Republic Day.

This is a short report on the drive yesterday.

Meeting point was 7 am at Sai Dham in Kandivili on the Western Express Highway. I had to change location of meeting the others to the Ahmedabad Highway-Ghodbunder Road junction because our new man Marinegopi turned up at 0655 hours instead of the promised 0630 hours. On the way I picked up my friend Chetan (he has been a regular member of TB drives inspite of not being a member) and had to rush thru Thane to meet the guys. Reached the junction at 0725 hours where I found Viper’s Getz , Rtech ZZR and a docile looking OHC with DX written on the back. Met the guys , had a quick cuppa chai and off we went. The Getz and the Kwacker took off with me in the middle and the OHC behind me.

A couple of minutes and we just lost sight of RT. The Getz then started ripping and roaring while I was cruising at a relaxed place and the OHC was nowhere to be seen behind me. After about 30 minutes of driving we find RT waiting at the side for us clicking snaps. We wait for all to catch up and leave, only for the Getz and ZZR to leave me for dead. I cruise along with the OHC behind me. The traffic was getting dense and progress was slow, stomachs were rumbling and breakfast was the need of the hour. Suddenly I hear my stomach rumble out loud and I say what was that and whooosssh the OHC with a giant roar from its exhaust shoots past me only to brake behind a truck. I put my windows down and stop the music – wanted to hear the rumble from the exhaust, and Rocam floored it once clear of the traffic. The exhaust ROARED and the car simply flew. Suddenly I felt as if I had hit a wall, the OHC disappeared before you finished saying Honda. Wow maan that was some sight – sorry no video of that as Gopi , Chetan and me were too spellbound watching the OHC go.

We catch up with the Getz and ZZR and decide to halt for breakfast. But RT had other ideas and he simply took off, we turn into the parking lot and realize that RT must be a good 10 kms ahead as he did not stop, calling him was of no use as his phone vibrates merrily in his pocket as he enjoys another kind of vibration between his legs. Somehow he gets the message and comes back to join us for breakfast.

After breakfast I leave first and maintain the lead till Vapi amongst the cars (the only time I did during the whole trip). The Getz tries a few stunts with me , takes the lead too but I hold on till Vapi. We have to jump into the fast lane to halt RT who is blasting away. After Vapi, towards Daman the road is one lane absolutely chock-a-block with traffic. I lead the way and the rest follow. Finally as we enter Daman the coconut trees began making an appearance as does the beach. And when we turn off into the beach, Nitroxx shouts out to the locals John aaya John aaya pointing out to Rtech and in a flash we have excited kids and guys rushing towards RT and to top it the Getz and OHC give the locals a taste of exhaust ROAR. We decide the place isn’t good enough (RT decided the bike wasn’t safe there with all kids around it) hehe and off we go to find a nice place to set ourselves up. After about 45 mins of running around, scaring the locals with loud exhausts we decide upon a place called “Sea-Rock”. Settle down there – order for drinks and food and have a great time. All the guys are in a real rocking mood, there is laughter and photography sessions galore. At 2 pm we decide to move back and have lunch on the way back.

On the way back I have to wait as the Getz and the OHC have to tank up. The OHC leaves first after refueling and that’s the last we see of her till we stop for lunch 2 hours later while I wait for the Getz while RT was probably half way thru to Mumbai. Till Vapi progress is slow but once we hit the highway its bliss – very less traffic and nice twisted roads. The Getz takes off in earnest while I’m in my cruise mood and whoosh RT flashes by (he was probably clicking snaps somewhere). This goes on for a while till Chetan asks me to keep the Getz behind….so I floor it and take the lead, the Getz following and a cat and mouse game ensues. And suddenly we have a third contender – another Octy driven by an aged gent of about 55-60 years with his wife for company. The Getz is left behind as the trucks get into the picture – while it’s a battle royal between the 2 Octy’s with the Getz having a birds eye view of the action from behind. For about 25 kms , the other Octy keeps up with me (avg speeds 150-160kmph) but I get a gap in the traffic and scoot away and after about 10 mins I see the Getz come in behind. We decide to halt to have tea and take a leak while the Getz is away. We have a leisurely tea break of 20 mins and start again. Get a call from Addy that all are waiting for us at the Toll Booth – when I reach the Booth no one is there – so I floor it and just before the Ghodbunder junction (meeting point in the morn) – I see the Getz turn off into a hotel. We halt this hotel for lunch at 430 pm. Everything in this hotel is in a time wrap – orders taken slow , food delivered even slower…somehow we manage to finish the meal with loads of candid photographs being taken and some great talk. Finally at 530 pm its time to say goodbye – but before that its time for the customary TB drive group pic. Once that’s accomplished there are good byes everywhere and we leave – I take the Ghodbunder road as have to drop Gopi and Chetan back. Reach home at 0730 pm - satisfied at a good days drive only to find that the other were stuck in a big jam.

So this in short was the whole days events – certain events where I wasn’t present will be filled in by the others.

So next time guys – don’t miss it. It’s a addictive thing this TB DRIVE.

Some unforgettable moments –
1) the OHC taking off in front of me.
2) RTECH waiting for us everytime with a expression that said – come on you slow coaches.
3) The photography sessions at the Daman resort (specially the zoom ones)
4) The slow motion lunch
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 14:32   #130
BANNED

Hey ,

One more link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11922300/MOV01156.MPG.html

Viper
Old 27th January 2006, 14:41   #131
BANNED

Hey,

Sorry about the first video. I didnt see them and just uploaded them in the order they were taken. BTW my camera was with Rocam the entire trip hence we were left with no camera in the car to catch the action from behind especially the Honda's as he was in the car and NC was no where to be found.

2 done 4 more videos to go.
Viper

One more link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11929030/MOV01158.MPG.html

Last edited by viper : 27th January 2006 at 14:56.
Old 27th January 2006, 14:59   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper

cant see this video ...it says download invalid:(((((((
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 15:00   #133
Team-BHP Support

Nice report NC, BUT, don't forget...

Quote:
Some unforgettable moments –
5) "choco-bar"

Edit: Viper, that video is 53.4MB!!! A bit of editing is called for! Snip a bit here and there and bring it down to respectible levels man. Lol, looks like by default, you're left with this tedious job.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th January 2006 at 15:06.
Old 27th January 2006, 15:01   #134
BHPian

hey guys check this out!! Our very own John Ab!!

marinegopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 15:05   #135
BANNED

One more link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11929281/MOV01159.MPG.html

Viper