Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2006, 11:21   #16
Joz
BHPian

Default One hell of a meet!!!

Loads of carting, a short 'sprint' to a dhaba (for lunch at 5 in the evening, breakfast for some), loads of Honda (shan & wolf) vs. Suzuki (psycho & co.), and some teasers on whats cooking and whats not. Finally split a little after 7, with plans to meet up again in an hour or two!!!

Mclaren, Anju is furious that you put up her lap time. She says, you could have atleast put it up as 39 secs. Anyways, she says she will be back with vengence for the next meet and is already chalking out her practice session plans.

All in all, Anju & I had a great time, thanks to the lovely bunch of auto freaks and of course to the spirit of TBHP.

PS: When is the next meet guys???
Old 9th January 2006, 11:26   #17
Joz
BHPian

[quote=Samurai] Regarding the photos, although I did my best to take many action photos, my effort was getting spoilt by my camera's 0.7 second shutterlag. Therefore, I had to predict where the go-kart will be after 0.7 seconds when I click, that was not easy, it took many attempts. QUOTE]

Must have shown in the pics i tried to take too!!! Thanks a ton for the pics Samurai. We missed the official camera for the day at the dhaba !!!

Steer, I think you need to show the BSM guys a thing or two about the Dicor.You sure know how to move that giant.

Last edited by Joz : 9th January 2006 at 11:27.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

Alright, the photos are here...

http://samurai.smugmug.com/gallery/1107878

Change the style to smugmug in the dropdown list on the top if you want a larger picture.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:39   #19
BHPian

Unhappy Missed it

What an event to miss. I reached the venue at 6:30 pm none of you were there at that time ; I thought at least would be able to meet up with the guys in person.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:43   #20
BHPian

man, what fun! first time for me at such a race. took me a while to get used to the track. was worried initially that the cart would topple if turned at high speeds. good pics samurai. glad to meet the people out there. mcl/v, great work in organizing this. we should do this more often.
s
Old 9th January 2006, 11:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Steer, I think you need to show the BSM guys a thing or two about the Dicor.You sure know how to move that giant.
You can say that again, I tried hard to overtake the giant from the right in my wagonr. There were lots of traffic mind you, and where there is traffic wagonr has a mighty chance.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:47   #22
BHPian

Hello...those are wonderfull pics Samurai. Big thanks !!!

Mclaren/v1p3r hats off to you for organising this meet. Had a memorable weekend.

And thanks guys for choosing the dhabha for the food!

-Haque

Last edited by Haque : 9th January 2006 at 12:00.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:54   #23
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
man, what fun! first time for me at such a race. took me a while to get used to the track. was worried initially that the cart would topple if turned at high speeds. good pics samurai. glad to meet the people out there. mcl/v, great work in organizing this. we should do this more often.
s
Did we see you attending calls on your mobile while you were 'racing'?? No wonder it took time to get used to the track!!
Old 9th January 2006, 12:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Did we see you attending calls on your mobile while you were 'racing'?? No wonder it took time to get used to the track!!
Well the best part was his commitment to Karting . Mid way during the race, he literally throws away his cellphone ( offcourse into the hands of gray(?) ).
Old 9th January 2006, 12:45   #25
BHPian

Cool

the guys in the first race especially me had a mighty task at hand avoiding the lady. i wuz leading the race wen i crashed into her. finally the guy who started off last won the race apart from that it was one helluva excitin experience.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
the guys in the first race especially me had a mighty task at hand avoiding the lady. i wuz leading the race wen i crashed into her. finally the guy who started off last won the race apart from that it was one helluva excitin experience.
Actually it was the second race. C'mon, that's not a nice thing to say, it was a friendly tournament, even crashing is fun. Besides, it was not about who won the race, there was no circuit race. The positions were decided on best lap timing. Many of the competitors were karting for the first time, you can't expect them to ace it. In fact, achieving best lap times inspite of karting along with rookies was part of this tournament. Did you know Mclaren had to abandon his kart midway since his kart broke down? He still went on to win based on lap timings.
Old 9th January 2006, 15:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

First off, I had very little to do with this event. ALL CREDIT GOES TO MCLAREN, and I join the rest of us in saying, bloody well done!

Cooljun, let Anju get her hands on a Shogun. You won't believe, she has rally experience...so she's not the best person to mess with!!!

Harrie(d), if you and the missus had driven, we would have had another group, and it would have been all square. You gave haath, so I muscled into the "Race of Champions".

Someone give us a little dough to get a twin-engined kart, and see the lap record fall to 29.00!!! I'm sure between Uncle and Stuart Little, anything's possible.

Thank you, all you guys, for making it happen.

Last edited by v1p3r : 9th January 2006 at 15:10.
Old 9th January 2006, 15:22   #28

Default We Want More

Ok guys any more of these karting events coming up next week or something.
I just can't wait to get there a kick some zoomin butts.
Lets go bangalore style ROCKING & ROLLING
Old 9th January 2006, 19:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
Well the best part was his commitment to Karting
yet not good enough, managed only 37.xxx. next time
Old 9th January 2006, 19:44   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Thank you for the pics - you're a great guy...showed on track too, where the gentle warrior was very careful and polite.
Thanks Steeroid, my lap timing is the result of that, but no regrets, I had great fun. In fact I have already announced a Go-Kart track day at my office, will happen soon...
Closed Thread