Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2006, 20:42   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hi guys .. sorry to keep u all waiting .. was a bit too busy with work ..

joz : sorry for putting up the lap times of anju , but i thought we werent allowed to do match fixing .. I have seen quite a few ladies race there and trust me what anju did was really commendable (even managed to loosen a few nuts and bolts of a few other karters ) .. Vengence ??? what did i do yaar , hehe .. Btw anju want the nuts and bolts or not ???

harrie : v1p3r entered the list of champions bcoz we were 21 guys on track , so he got a direct entry into the final 5 ...

samurai : those pics are lovely.. thanks a ton ..

steeroid & shantanu : i was most impressed with your skills , boy they do know how to push their karts to the limit ( hehe considering that they were competing in the heavy weight champions categ and still managed to clock commendable times ) ..

satan : bloody hell .. what the hell were u thinking ?? attending calls while karting ??? should have gotten u disqualified .. hehe .. just kidding .. heard he even chucked the cell phone from the kart to the hands of an awaiting gray in the pits ..

highligts of the day : shantanu and psycho taking on each other .. bloody that was one hellava race btwn them .. each was trying to show the other the door .. good going guys .. hopefully we will have some action like this the next time around ..

the best part of the day was to see the 12 yr kid darshan stomping authority on the track .. this kid will go places certainly .. hhhmm .. about time he gets some training ... vasu anna u listening ??

also was told that one among us went on to even blow out a tyre .. wow missed seeing that .. btw who was it ??

ya the most disappointing thing for me was that in the 1st run i had to forfeit 2 karts .. the 1st one was so bad that only 1 wheel would turn into the corners ( wonder whose the culprit who got the kart into that situation) .. the 2nd karts accelarator cable snapped as i was on a hot lap .. so eventually must have lost atleast a good 6-7 laps .. but like samurai said it was the fun factor that we did this kinda event for .. from the next time onwards it will be done more professionally..

to all : sorry that the thing got down to the best lap timings as we werent sure who would do what times .. the next time the races will be done based on the timings clocked by u all this time around .. hopefully this time we will be running proper race rules with each race lasting for a number of laps rather than timing like we did this time around..

to all those of u , who didnt come for the lunch ; u guys missed a beatiful run to the dhaba .. was super fun .. samurai u missed seeing the al scud dud ( steer's dicor ) move .. steeroid really does know how to move that monster .. v1p3r that was some show for all the guys at the dhaba..

hey guys thanks a lot for coming and making this a big success .. next time we will make sure that it will rock , even better than the fun we had this time around .. so do make sure that u all make it this time around ..
Old 9th January 2006, 22:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Ooops sorry..!!!

How about having a sports match(cricket or football) next time around...
thats exactly wat i told stuart little...oldies vs youngsters wud be the best bet...it wud be too much fun having oldies run around for the ball.....
Old 10th January 2006, 00:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

looks like you guys had a blast !! keep it up guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed
thats exactly wat i told stuart little...oldies vs youngsters wud be the best bet...it wud be too much fun having oldies run around for the ball.....
hahhaha i can well imagine that.

Rev
Old 10th January 2006, 00:15   #34
BHPian

Iam serious guys..since we had a motorsport event,how about we have just a sporting event??and since we our a cricket crazy bunch,how about that be the sport we play??

P.S->stuart..u listening??
Old 10th January 2006, 01:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

I hate cricket!!! Only like batting against spinners, so whoever is captain, please choose me only on that basis (if at all)!!!
Old 10th January 2006, 02:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Excellent! Mclaren ,keep it up.

Mclaren's best lap time should definiely be applauded and his 'natural' ability of being the same size of the karts and fissmes has become a great advantage.

When it comes to kart racing, the engines are so weak that the person's weight matters A LOT!! And, thats one reason i stay away from the kart tracks.Dayum, i'm always trying to not to be last! Anju should wish i'm there next time
Old 10th January 2006, 11:42   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
When it comes to kart racing, the engines are so weak that the person's weight matters A LOT!! And, thats one reason i stay away from the kart tracks.Dayum, i'm always trying to not to be last! Anju should wish i'm there next time
No nitrous anna , trust me when it comes to karting weight is not everything.. Lack of weight actually hampers timings by quite a margin .. Bcoz when we brake hard into the corners due to the lack of weight the kart twiches and slides a lot .. Whereas a person with the average weight will be in a better position to keep the car under control .. We guys can accelarate out of a corners sooner , but u guys can brake and come really hot into a corner without sliding and widing ..

The best example for this are psycho , shantanu and steeroid themselves ... I was closely observing them go into the corners , braking points were the same , turning points into the corners were the same , but my kart was sure sliding a lot DUE TO THE LACK OF WEIGHT .. slide means LOSS OF TIME .. Thats why i am most impressed with these 3 and boy they had the nack to get the karts to fly .. But being overweight doesnt help also , does it ???

ok guys like a few of u have sugested we can have a cricket or a football match around this time if all agree .. Im game for anything .. But to find a ground to ourselves is the problem .. If this issue is sorted out then , i think we should start talking about the dates .. So any leads ..
Old 10th January 2006, 20:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

v1p3r what show did you put on for the members at the dhaba????? looks like you guys have had a lot of fun on the tracks... next time i will join you .. i am serious.... no jokes.....lol.....
Old 10th January 2006, 21:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Firstly,thanks a lot!!! mclaren for hosting such a great meet.Thanks vip3r for picking me up and steeroid uncle for dropping me.My thanks to everyone else too for making this meet possible.I guess everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly.
.Some pics of the meet:

The hero of the day:

binz

Last edited by binz : 10th January 2006 at 21:14.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

How in hell could i leave this out......

Last edited by binz : 10th January 2006 at 21:13.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
How in hell could i leave this out......
Tell me he is standing on a stool...
Old 10th January 2006, 21:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Tell me he is standing on a stool...
Oh no, This is a real action shot.. I am an eye-witness for this action shot
Old 10th January 2006, 21:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey Godfather, what show did I put on at the dhaba? I left early, in fact. And yeah, I can jump a bit...
Old 10th January 2006, 22:44   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey Godfather, what show did I put on at the dhaba? I left early, in fact. And yeah, I can jump a bit...
Actually I have the full frame shot of that, want me to post it?
Old 10th January 2006, 22:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the go kart timings and my doc clearly state that I need to lose 15 kg!!!!
Closed Thread