Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2006, 12:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

The move was very intentional, Steeroid! Why would I do it otherwise?

Yeah, I tend to agree with Rahul's cornering technique. If I want some decent lap times, that's the stuff I use. But if I want to have 'fun', go straight into the corner, stomp on the brakes for a moment, wrench the steering, and then stomp on the gas, and voila, you're now sideways! The secret to drifting, ladies and gentlemen!!!
Old 11th January 2006, 13:49   #62
Joz
BHPian

Oh Boy! Loads to catch up on as i am on a self imposed ban on tbhp..... treading water at work.[

[SIZE=2]Originally Posted by cooljun
the guys in the first race especially me had a mighty task at hand avoiding the lady. i wuz leading the race wen i crashed into her. finally the guy who started off last won the race apart from that it was one helluva excitin experience.

Cooljun: I understand your frustration. Since i was running the same race, after the 1st 2 laps, i did feel that may be its gonna be a hindrance to others. But i reasoned to myself that since its just the best lap time which was critical, it may not be actually a problem.
Vip3r: U got it wrong buddy. Anju has not been to the rallies with me. She certainly has good amount of high speed experieinces on the shogun, but that was riding pillion. But there might be a surprise soon.. just might!!!

On the cornering technique , going fast into the corners is definitely not it. like most of the first timers, i went too fast into the corners and always came out like a snail. That shall not be so, next time on.

Am off to Delhi for the next three days (Auto Expo), so Mclaren do keep me posted if something is happening over the weekend.

Ciao.

Last edited by Joz : 11th January 2006 at 13:52.
Old 11th January 2006, 16:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

Default My Bangalore experiences

Its time for the Vote of Thanks on this one......since I was the guest I'd like to do the honours.

This visit to Bangalore was great in many ways....reached there through my favourite Masinagudi ghats as the Salem-B'lore highway is in pathetic shape. Had a punga with a Scorpio on the way and showed him who's boss, then ran into a very spirited little Santro on the Mysore highway. Some of these guys may be visiting the forum pretty soon after they saw my rear number plates, as did the Skoda TDi that took on me last night on my final leg of the journey to Cochin. It looks like one cannot cruise at 100+ kmph without receiving invites for street races from all sorts of wannabes.

Landed in B'lore only to be met by Nitin at the Hotel - without even bothering to check in after a gruelling drive from Coimbatore, we hit Kingfisher. Pretty soon Messers Psycho, McLaren and blue boy v1p3r land up.....needless to say we finished the night at about 3 am after v1p3r's test drive of the Dicor and idlis at the Residency. I wouldnt have lasted through 5 hours of such post-drive (8 hours of driving) antics if I'd driven any other car.

The next day was the "track day" where I finally got to meet up with a lot of BHPians that I have been trading posts and PMs with. Pleasure to meet Shan2nu, Anush, Joz & little Anju, as indeed the rest of the gang. Good to catch up again with gentle warrior Samurai and Ajmat. Had a good day on track, learned that the go-kart practically dies at the corners even if you dont brake and got a feel of what a tractor driver must feel as I tried to frantically accelerate out of the corners. They should've provided holes on the floor so that you could push the cart with your legs.

I wont forget Satan Crazy whipping out his cellphone to take a call in the middle of the 'race', nor will I forget Psycho's hilarious driving position or his antics with Shan. Or ajmat trundling around the corners like he was driving miss daisy in a rolls. Or the lady whose helmet kept going around her head.

Then there was the drive upto the Dhaba where everyone forgot that they were NOT riding go-karts on track. At least, most of us did forget...

And later at night I got to see some of Psycho's magic work on what is a very stock Zen. Nevermind that the Zen had tyres that would make you wish you had the go-kart's bald tyres instead - we kept practicing launches and power shifting on this 'souped-up' Zen till about 3 am, trying to induce torque-steer and succeeding. All thanks to Jet Airways and Blue Dart (the excuse for getting on to Airport Road).

The next day we tried to figure out what limits the Dicor's revs on top gear, without much success. That was when I saw something that I cannot talk about, because doing so would get me a one-way ticket to the looney bin. I thought I'd seen it all, which is when McLaren shows me this insane Zen with a City 1.5 engine inside - thats not all, its got twin turbos AND NoS. And god knows what else........

All in all it was quite a fun weekend. Learnt a lot about automobiles, and I must thank Psycho because my REAL TBHP experience started after he asked me to go to a performance shop in Dubai to pick up some 'special' sparkplugs....NOW I'M HOOKED. Hell, I even think in terms of putting in a 4500 cc V6 into my Dicor. That sort of thinking is pretty 'normal', after you hook up with Psycho.

Thank you, Team Bangalore!

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th January 2006 at 16:53.
Old 11th January 2006, 17:21   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Then there was the drive upto the Dhaba where everyone forgot that they were NOT riding go-karts on track. At least, most of us did forget...

And later at night I got to see some of Psycho's magic work on what is a very stock Zen. Nevermind that the Zen had tyres that would make you wish you had the go-kart's bald tyres instead - we kept practicing launches and power shifting on this 'souped-up' Zen till about 3 am, trying to induce torque-steer and succeeding. All thanks to Jet Airways and Blue Dart (the excuse for getting on to Airport Road).

The next day we tried to figure out what limits the Dicor's revs on top gear, without much success. That was when I saw something that I cannot talk about, because doing so would get me a one-way ticket to the looney bin. I thought I'd seen it all, which is when McLaren shows me this insane Zen with a City 1.5 engine inside - thats not all, its got twin turbos AND NoS. And god knows what else........

All in all it was quite a fun weekend. Learnt a lot about automobiles, and I must thank Psycho because my REAL TBHP experience started after he asked me to go to a performance shop in Dubai to pick up some 'special' sparkplugs....NOW I'M HOOKED. Hell, I even think in terms of putting in a 4500 cc V6 into my Dicor. That sort of thinking is pretty 'normal', after you hook up with Psycho.

Thank you, Team Bangalore!
hhhmm ...true .. most of us seem to have forgotten the fact that we had long since left the track .. but it was super fun...

well i know my rubbers are bad but im still a student baba .. with parents who dont appreciate talking about cars , u know its quite difficult to make them understand the importance of good rubber .. until the time i can save up enough its stock for me .. Btw u can however gift me a set for my birthday coming up shortly ..what say ??

U bet psycho's magic works wonders with my car.. Thats why im hooked onto him to do up my car in due time .. Launches , powershifts , torque steer , standing start from 5th gear to see the torque .. Name it and we did it .. Yippy .. For all those of u who think what this guy in a dicor can do to a tiny winy zen , trust me he can drive ... Well steeroid uncle has impressed me with his driving skills on a track and on road .. Now im confident that i still can do well with some additional weight under my belt bcoz moms cursing me for the lack of it ..

Well ur partly right and wrong too .. That zen at psycho's garage was not running twin turbo at all , yes its a zonda ( 1.5 honda engine ) with NOS .. Too bad that we couldnt get the dicor's rev limiter thingy done up .. Well i guess next time ur here we shall have a solution in time ..

Well im so looking forward to see a monster on that dicor .. As i type this i can see one Mr.v1p3r heading out to murder the two of us for the idea of putting a V6 in a dicor ..

yes psycho does live up to his nick , and makes all those around him want a few psychotic cars too .. I say its all time before each of us get what we want .. Until then let the dreams begin ..

PS : keep reading my PM's and e-mails often .. might have a lot to discuss .. hehe ..
Old 11th January 2006, 17:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Now im confident that i still can do well with some additional weight under my belt bcoz moms cursing me for the lack of it
Okay, THAT does it. Your Zen is an Omelette - you also have a choice of sunny-side-up or scrambled.

PS: McLaren, you an discuss the rest on PMs.

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th January 2006 at 17:48.
Old 11th January 2006, 18:08   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Okay, THAT does it. Your Zen is an Omelette - you also have a choice of sunny-side-up or scrambled.

PS: McLaren, you an discuss the rest on PMs.
zen and omlette ?? nahee .. oooppss .. chill da .. was just kidding ..
Old 11th January 2006, 18:13   #67
BANNED

Btw , is everyone able to see the pics on the link that samurai posted ???
bcoz its taking me ages to get that link loaded .. Even after 10 mins the pics dont seem to be loading .. Help guys !!!!
Old 11th January 2006, 18:17   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Btw , is everyone able to see the pics on the link that samurai posted ???
bcoz its taking me ages to get that link loaded .. Even after 10 mins the pics dont seem to be loading .. Help guys !!!!
I just checked, looks fine to me. Aren't you on dialup?
Old 11th January 2006, 18:21   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I just checked, looks fine to me. Aren't you on dialup?
unfortunately i am on a dial-up .. So that means i cant view the pics ... Bcoz right now its taking a long long time to load , even after 10 mins it says still loading ..

PS : samurai uncle , can u pls make me a CD with all the pics in it ?? I shall try to pick it from u whenever possible ..
Old 11th January 2006, 18:58   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS : samurai uncle , can u pls make me a CD with all the pics in it ?? I shall try to pick it from u whenever possible ..
No problem, next time you are in South Bangalore, drop into my office. I'll PM you the details.
Old 11th January 2006, 19:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nor will I forget Psycho's hilarious driving position or his antics with Shan.
Well had 2 disadvantages ( Weight ( yes I weigh over 85) and height ) had to manage somehow in true Kannadiga style I asked myself to "Swalpa Adjusht Madi"

Quote:
Well it didnt have turbo's on and No it has not been built by us, however it is being maintained at the garage.

Quote:
Well one does require stuff all the time and thanks for being there. As for your getting into mods well I always thought that you were a motor head from day one. And while I sign off I would like to see you start on the 5th gear on your dear mondeo, ( Also do tell me how many times you tried and failed )

PS: Normal is boring
Old 14th January 2006, 21:32   #72
Team-BHP Support

Guys!

Awesome meet.
Gotta hand it to the banglore boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
As the ground is rough and the karts are slow, you could probably go in at a higher speed. I was braking before the corner and lost power
Ajmat,

Im sure you are familiar with "slow in, fast out" and the likes,
but with go-karts they say "slow in, slower out"

cya
R
Old 15th January 2006, 17:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
McLaren if you dont stop talking about weight, I'm gonna fry your clutch (COMPLETELY - I did a partial job this time around), burn your brakes and slam your Zen into one of those airport road curves at 100kmph on your miserable tyres just to see if my weight will hold it down.

PS: I'll also send a couple of colourful cylinders to the junkyard.

i want to be there when this happens please PM me...
Old 15th January 2006, 20:45   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i want to be there when this happens please PM me...
Has god always fulfilled ur wishes ????
Old 15th January 2006, 20:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has god always fulfilled ur wishes ????

Just a joke Bro... will never ever wish for all this...
Closed Thread