Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 20:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,564
Thanked: 10,476 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Considering my tight schedule in Delhi. I will have to let go of this meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Considering all our tight schedules, I think this meet can be called off!
Huh??! Just like that? After discussing this for close on 2 months, you folks decide to plead off on the excuse of a tight schedule? Who set that schedule? You guys did - right? So that's intentional (and mean)... You'd probably show me a worse schedule if I wanted to meet up with you guys in Hyderabad a few months later - this is sounding like a major disincentive for me too!
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 07:33   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Huh??! Just like that? After discussing this for close on 2 months, you folks decide to plead off on the excuse of a tight schedule? Who set that schedule? You guys did - right? So that's intentional (and mean)... You'd probably show me a worse schedule if I wanted to meet up with you guys in Hyderabad a few months later - this is sounding like a major disincentive for me too!
@SS-Da: No offences meant but till date there is actually only ONE confirmation from the Delhi folks. To me that shows the energy level/enthusiasm from the Delhi folks towards this meet. What do you want us to do?

You set the place, time and get the Delhi folks around, I'm sure the Hyderabad gang will be there.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 09:02   #48
BHPian
 
rideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DXB/DEL/MEL
Posts: 122
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreak View Post
is the meet happening?
count me in if its in the first weekof may as was planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
me in too... as long as it is a sat/sun i am in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
If the Hyderabadis give us a time and a location around where they would be, I am sure any of Delhi TBHP-ians (including yours truly) would be glad to make the arrangements. After all, the Hyderabadis are our guests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Funny thing I'm a hyderabadi (born brought up for 16 years) and a delhiite (8 years) and this is happening. Count me in! Please let me know the dates. Architect, I don't really know Noida that well, so I might need help finding the place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
count me in! My office is in sector-18, right above The Great Kebab Factory. Could arrange for up to 40 people in the restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Me too!!
if location is still TBD, why dont you meet up at khan market?
parking is better than CP.

What : HYD - DEL TBHP Meet Team-BHP Drive
When : May 7, 2011
Where :TBD, Somewhere Central Delhi please.
Time: 12.30 PM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Milecruncher
3. Silverwood
4. Ravveendrra
5. Mayankk

Please add your names and copy further
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
@ RR: First Congrats to you.

@ Folks: Am up for it.. just keep me updated.
Would be great to meet up with all you folks..

@RR: I think you should also warn your FIL, that the NCR Gang does not have meets, but they have 'MEATS'.. so to make necessary arrangements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
@Rajesh Congrats! Wishing you all the very best.
Given your FIL's reaction to the thread, you know how to mange him if he gets difficult - tell him your mates from T-BHP will be visiting him soon - just kidding, of course.

Guys, have been following this forum off and on for a while and became active only in the past month or so. Hope to be able to make it for the meet. Will be my first. Looking forward to it.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@SS-Da: No offences meant but till date there is actually only ONE confirmation from the Delhi folks. To me that shows the energy level/enthusiasm from the Delhi folks towards this meet. What do you want us to do?

You set the place, time and get the Delhi folks around, I'm sure the Hyderabad gang will be there.

Cheers
Counting myself, SS-T and the 9 odd people above, this does seem like a decent meet. Me thinks we did not wean off.
We are definitely meeting..atleast I would vouch for SS-T and myself.
C'mon guys..we can definitely meet!
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 13:31   #49
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 572
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

And many more would join if we had a time and place set! Me included!
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 14:39   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

What's happening here? I thought there were at least 5-6 of us in Delhi who were confirmed. Of course, if the Hyderabadis can't make it because of a very tight schedule, it's a different situation altogether. I know Saturday noon is not a great time, but I am sure a few can make it.

Mile Cruncher, I think Khan Market makes sense. It has a reasonable distance / time / traffic relationship with the airport. As far as a place is concerned, if there's no other place open, even a McDonald should do. It's the meet that's important.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 17:24   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,043
Thanked: 3,174 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

I'm still in from the above list.
And it would be hard for the Hyderabad guys to manage time with a meet, as well as rushing to catch planes/trains.
I mean, if you're comfortable meeting up so close to departure times, alright.
don't rush yourselves.

I'm sure it can be shifted up by an hour or so to give 2 clear free hours between the meet ending and the time you have to get to the stations..

Last edited by mayankk : 1st May 2011 at 17:26.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 18:17   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Counting myself, SS-T and the 9 odd people above, this does seem like a decent meet. Me thinks we did not wean off.
We are definitely meeting..atleast I would vouch for SS-T and myself.
C'mon guys..we can definitely meet!
please tell me the numbers, name and the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
And many more would join if we had a time and place set! Me included!
Our preference for time and place have been giving. You can move it forward by an hour or so. Please set the time and place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
What's happening here? I thought there were at least 5-6 of us in Delhi who were confirmed. Of course, if the Hyderabadis can't make it because of a very tight schedule, it's a different situation altogether. I know Saturday noon is not a great time, but I am sure a few can make it.

Mile Cruncher, I think Khan Market makes sense. It has a reasonable distance / time / traffic relationship with the airport. As far as a place is concerned, if there's no other place open, even a McDonald should do. It's the meet that's important.
Well as I said before, Hydeez wouldn't mind taking out a few hours for meeting fellow TBHPians. But there definitely needs to be more than ONE confirmed Delhi BHPian for that.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:42   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

OK, what is the earliest that any one of the 'hydeez' (as you call them) need to reach the airport? We need at least 3.5 hours clear before that (2 hours to meet, knowing the general trend of turning up late by an hour, and one hour to reach the airport from Khan Market, with a 30 minute buffer thrown in).

Regarding confirmations, I can say:
SS-traveller
Mayankk
Rideon
nkapoor777
architect
sheetumanu (was positive in the beginning of the thread but has disappeared since)
ByDesign (not sure)
poitive(not sure)
harishnayak (not sure)

MileCruncher, how's the Hyderabad list?

Looking at these numbers of attendees, I don't think any bookings are needed. I think 10-12 numbers are no problem anywhere.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:53   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 179
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Whoosh!! A lot has happened since I flew out
Sorry guys, was out of town for a while but am back now.

I am 100% in for the meet (meat). I have also forwarded the thread to a bunch of fellow NCR bhpians TBHP group and hopefully the numbers should increase
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:40   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Oi!

As of now, it seems I should be able to make it as well. A mall would offer the best parking options, how does DLF Promenade or similar ones sound to you guys?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:48   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,043
Thanked: 3,174 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Oi!

As of now, it seems I should be able to make it as well. A mall would offer the best parking options, how does DLF Promenade or similar ones sound to you guys?
good for airport, bad for train guys.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:16   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Oi!

As of now, it seems I should be able to make it as well. A mall would offer the best parking options, how does DLF Promenade or similar ones sound to you guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
good for airport, bad for train guys.
+1
Central Delhi, Khan Market, Pandara Road, Chanakya, South Ext et al.

Can I request one of you to please add the name of confirmed Delhi guys in the list that I had made in the previous page.

TIA.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:06   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 179
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Here goes the delhi list:

Mayankk
SS-Traveller
architect
rideon
nkapoor777
sheetumanu
EssYouWe (tentative)
krazydriver84 (tentative)
Poitive (tentative)
ByDesign (tentative)
docfreak (tentative)
saintsinner (tentative)
harishnayak (tentative)
godog (tentative)
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:41   #59
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
good for airport, bad for train guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1
Central Delhi, Khan Market, Pandara Road, Chanakya, South Ext et al.

Can I request one of you to please add the name of confirmed Delhi guys in the list that I had made in the previous page.

TIA.

Cheers
Keeping the airport, railway station and access from Noida and other parts, something around the Chanakyapuri-Sarojini Nagar area should be good. On a saturday, the airport should take 30-40 mins. The railway station about 25-30 mins.

For people less familiar with the area, traffic around Chanakyapuri are usually pretty fast moving, especially on a Saturday. Access from the pretty fast moving Ring Road is good too. To top it, the Barapullah Road (the link from the Ring Road between Nizammudin Bridge and the DND Noida Bridge to Chanakyapuri) is a good quick way to reach there.

Now for venues, keeping the parking in mind - The Malcha Marg Market in Chanakyapuri has ample parking, especially on a saturday, without the hassles of a Mall.

The market has Fujiya (food isn't as good as it used to be, spacious) and Sidewalk (low ceiling, moderate size) offering Chinese. Moti Mahal (small, good heavy North Indian food) . Lazeez Affaire being a multi-cuisine. Not sure what time they open up, though as a poor standby there are some chai-dhabhas around.

I would love to attend the meet, but given it is getting preponed am not sure if I will be able to make it but surely will try to be there. Will not know till the last moment.

Would suggest that we freeze on the time and location to take it forward. Maybe some of the senior guys can do this.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:52   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,043
Thanked: 3,174 Times
Default Re: HYD & DEL TBHP Meet in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Keeping the airport, railway station and access from Noida and other parts, something around the Chanakyapuri-Sarojini Nagar area should be good. On a saturday, the airport should take 30-40 mins. The railway station about 25-30 mins.

For people less familiar with the area, traffic around Chanakyapuri are usually pretty fast moving, especially on a Saturday. Access from the pretty fast moving Ring Road is good too. To top it, the Barapullah Road (the link from the Ring Road between Nizammudin Bridge and the DND Noida Bridge to Chanakyapuri) is a good quick way to reach there.

Now for venues, keeping the parking in mind - The Malcha Marg Market in Chanakyapuri has ample parking, especially on a saturday, without the hassles of a Mall.

The market has Fujiya (food isn't as good as it used to be, spacious) and Sidewalk (low ceiling, moderate size) offering Chinese. Moti Mahal (small, good heavy North Indian food) . Lazeez Affaire being a multi-cuisine. Not sure what time they open up, though as a poor standby there are some chai-dhabhas around.

I would love to attend the meet, but given it is getting preponed am not sure if I will be able to make it but surely will try to be there. Will not know till the last moment.

Would suggest that we freeze on the time and location to take it forward. Maybe some of the senior guys can do this.
I'd still suggest khan market.
NDLS is less than 10 minutes by metro, 2 minutes walk at either end to get from khan markt to metro, metro to NDLS.
Airport takes maximum 30 minutes, saturday is even better.
Taxi stand for cab right next door.

Maalcha is also good, but too dull....
And i wouldnt be surprised if these guys are still waking up at 1100-1200.

I do remember one good haunt at khan, international diner, or something.
Does anyone know if its still operational?
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Himalayan Sojourn:Hyd-Del-Shimla-Manali-D'sala-Wagah-Amritsar-Agra-Delhi-Hyd ranjitp1 Travelogues 37 17th April 2012 12:33
Del-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Del on a Roadking'89 0000ad Route / Travel Queries 17 25th May 2010 10:45
7 Days- Del to Del- Have to see LOTS of Snow in HP, where to go..?? Chamba or Shimla? Bapu Route / Travel Queries 11 23rd December 2009 18:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:26.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks