Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th December 2011, 22:58   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: New Scorpio SLE - Left Pulling

Please check the suspension setup. That includes Struts, balance rod and trailing arm. also check the tierods and its ends.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 08:21   #17

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Sir, I did not understand the question. Could you please paraphrase the query?

Since the scorpio has Hydraulic power steering, a bit of wobbling is expected when driven on rough patches, right or wrong ?

2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 08:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^Yes, but not necessary. Vibrations can be isolated though, but that is a different story.

SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 12:42   #19

[FONT=&quot]The Left Pulling problem has still been with the car even after 7-8 visits to the service centre. I have lost my patience and wrote a strong letter to Mahindra Customer Care and SKS Automobiles after giving my vehicle for 3rd free service.... indicating that I will not take the Scorpio delivery without a new Replacement. The letter below

[FONT=&quot]CAR NO : KA O5 MJ 4331[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chassis No : MA1TA2HFNA2M25284[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine No : HFA4L45383[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MFG Date : 12/2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date of Registration : 03.01.2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Purchased from Dealer : SKS AUTOMOBILES, Bangalore [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MM Ref complaint Document no : KC23/0002[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On 23rd March 2011 at 3.30 AM I had been to Bangalore International Airport to receive my father from Europe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On return we found that the vehicle had slight wobbling. So we stopped and checked that all tyres were intact [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And found no punchers. On close observations we found that one of the screws were broken in the back left tyre.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We tried using the jack stick to tighten the rest of the screws with no action found. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As we had family at that time we tried driving another few meters and the wobbling increased. So the car was [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stopped immediately and checked. We found that all the screws had come out and tyre was about to fall. Immediately[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We searched for the jack and raised the car. Within few centimetres of Jack going up we found that the tyre fell apart. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What was surprising was that we could not find 24hrs help line number of SKS automobiles in the car windshield nor in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The booklet given to us. So we called upon the Mahindra 24 hrs helpline for assistance. We had to pay Rs.2800 for [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Toying the car from Airport road to your service centre at Banneraghatta road.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The family was scared at this incident and we were stranded early in the morning with 2 years baby on hand. We got a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alternative taxi arranged which took one hour to arrive and the family reached home. We were lucky for if I had [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Driven another 100mtrs the left tyre would have rolled out and it would have lead to an major accident. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From then till now SKS automobiles have not been able to give a proper reply for the problem nor solved the issue [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Of steering wobbling, left pulling and uncomfortable drive in high speeds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Time and again we have gone back to SKS for the same problem for 7-8 times now and the reply from the following people[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of SKS Automobiles [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Mr. Mahesh - Service Mgr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Mr. Maqhbul Ahmed - Works Manager [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Mr. Surendra - GM Service [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Mr. Prasad - Service executive [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Was that they have tried the following every time we sent for repair and said that the problem may be rectified [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Wheel alignment [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Tyre Rotation clock wise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Tyre Rotation Diagonal & checked [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. checked the suspension and found right[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Every time the service team has tried the above 4 combination at least twice. After all the above combination still the problem persisted.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So we insisted their Service General Manager Mr. Surendra that the following be replaced[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. All 4 tyres[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. All 4 alloy wheels [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. complete front and back suspension.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However SKS Automobiles Mr. Surendra - GM service said they have checked the tyres and alloys with a new set in our car [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And found that the same problem persisted, so by changing with the new set of tyres and alloys the problem will not be solved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also they have checked the suspension for some fault. Then what is the problem in the car which SKS Automobiles are not able to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Identify. To our understanding the car supplied to us is a manufacturing defect. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Problems faced due to this problem: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. NON of the Directors are willing to use the vehicle for Long Distance Travel. Due to this company has to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Incur additional cost in providing alternative TAXI or a alternative company car. This is causing lots of unrest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we have invested 10.5 LAC which is of no use to company now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. No additional Fitment made to car like Music system. The board has insisted that the problem be first rectified [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or a replacement be taken from the company before any further expenditure on the car.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. We have become SKS Automobiles Quality inspectors in inspecting the vehicle by taking for a long drive every time [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To check if the problem is rectified or not. We have invested the money to enjoy the Scorpio and not to become SKS Quality Inspectors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. Due to my personal recommendation the company has purchased the vehicle and now I am forced to use the faulty SCORPIO and face [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the problems in running between the service centre and the checking if the same is rectified. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. After the first incident of rare tyre bolts coming out, all the people are scared to use the SCORPIO on long drive. To add to the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Problem & to prove the problem still exist the steering wobbling and left pulling continues to be the part of the SUV. This has made [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Further clear that it is unsafe and unstable to use for long drive. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. We have called Mahindra customer care and complained again on 30th Nov 2011 for the same problem + SKS Automobiles not taking [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any action in this regard. Till date we have not received any proper reply. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As an individual this is my second Scorpio which we have purchased. It has been my dream SUV and hence with lots of hope and aspiration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have purchased this Scorpio again. For I know Mahindra are reliable in delivering the product and giving a hand holding in solving the problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We feel the vehicle was sold to us having a Manufacturing Defect which SKS Automobiles are trying to convince us by doing [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trial and error method. We feel SKS Automobile are buying time to ensure the warranty expires on 03rd Jan 2012 and till date we have [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]not seen any progress or rectification of this problem. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have given SKS AUTOMOBILEs enough time and co-operated for 11 months now. It is high time that MAHINDRA intervene [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In this and takes a decision to replace our defective SCORPIO with a brand new SCORPIO. We have not taken the delivery of our [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SCORPIO from SKS AUTOMOBILES which was given for 3rd free service vide Job card on 29th Nov 2011, till date as we have not received any [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]proper communication. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the vent of SKS Automobiles and Mahindra does not reply to us with-in 3 days from this mail with a responsible, corrective solution[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]by replacing with a new Scorpio. We will be forced to take up this case with the consumer court. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Look forward to your reply.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Till now we have not received any proper reply.... today morning I have received a call that they have solved the problem and they are calling for a test drive again......[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Team BHP : kindly advice what is the proces for me to get a new replacement of the Scorpio. SKS Automobiles are really taking me for a ride.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Look forward to your reply ASAP.[/FONT]

ramgorontla is offline   Reply With Quote