Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th June 2013, 00:39   #16
Default re: Headlight Leveling not working

I have noticed recently that my headlight auto leveling on my Chevy spark is acting weird. When the headlight is switched on low beam the light throw is up at max. When I switch to high beam the throw is moved down to the bottom most. I have tried adjusting the leveler on the dash but it doesn't seem to work. I have noticed that when the light switch is moved from low to high beam, the leveller takes some time gradually coming to rest at the bottom most.
Anybody faced such a situation and able to throw some light on the subject is most appreciated before I take it to ASS.
gmp2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 12:18   #17
Default Headlight Leveling Adjustment Motor Noise

Philips 100/90 bulbs with relay were installed from a local shop in my Figo 1.4Tdci Titanium a couple of months ago. During installation they didn't seal the headlight properly. Some water entered into the right hand side head light recently. Now the water and condensation were disappeared. But some noise has started to come from the right head light whenever the headlight is on and also the right hl level adjustment is not working. So I guess the noise is coming from the hl leveling adjustment motor due to water inside the motor. What can be done to rectify it? I don't want to give this to Ford A.S.S as they will replace the head light.
anb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 23:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

So i had smoked the non reflected parts of my headlights last year and the throw has been scattered ever since. Tried rectifying the poblem at several places but till date am not satisfied with the throw. MASS guys are asking me to replace the entire headlamps as the motor isnt working.

Can any one direct me to a place in Mumbai where only the motor can be repaired/ replaced as if I buy new headlights the the entire smoked look will go away. Thanks in advance.
S2!!! is online now   Reply With Quote