Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd May 2011, 20:05   #1
BHPian

Default MicroVBB Elite - Led to my car breaking down several times!

I'm a car enthusiast and love travelling.

Recently I took a trip to North, Central and West India and before planning on the trip, I decided to have extra Security System which can help me in tracking my vehicle in case something goes wrong.

I searched several forums and also Team-BHP anbd found that several persons were using MicroVBB and they gave positive feedback on MicroVBB and appraised it as well.

Finally decided to mail to MicroVBB MUmbai office to find out who is the Authorised Dealer in Bangalore and got a reply in positive with a dealer located in HAL 2nd Stage.

I contacted them and they were quite prompt in replying to my queries and even they promptly provided some of the contacts where they had installed MicroVBB Solutions and all those customers were quite happy with the product and finally I plunged into the same and ordered VBB-Elite Model.

Time and date was fixed for installation and on the given date, I reached their office to get the System installed.

Upon meeting the Service Engineer and during discussions, I had my first shock where the engineer told that they have never worked on Logan and they will attempt to install.

After struggling with my Logan for almost 4 hours, engineer came with the reply that he is still trying to understand the wiring and there the 2nd shock, my car refused to start because of while searching for the connection, he did some wrong wiring causing Car fuse to burst.

Somehow my car started but Central locking stopped and next day I took my vehicle to Mahindra Workshop and they repaired the Central Locking.

Then chasing the dealer started and finally I got hold of them and they agreed to come to my place to do the installation.

The whole process which normally requires only 3-4 hours took 3 days to complete and finally I got the system in working.

I felt very happy that now my car is more secure than others in my Building and proudly demontrated it to my friends and neighbours.

In April, I took my car for a long drive : Trip to North, West and Central India and did not faced any problem with MicroVBB.

I returned to Bangalore after a gruelling 24 days drive across states and UTs.

Last week, exactly on Wednesday, May 19, 2011 while returning from work, all of sudden my car engine turned off without any indication in middle of Road and due to this Traffic piled up and fellow drivers started shouting. Somehow I managed to move my car on road side.

My car was not showing any sign of starting, Ignition turned off, Power Windows stopped in working, Central locking also stopped working.

Initially I thought that Car Battery may have gone Kaput so I called up Battery SErvicing Guy first and after he checked the Battery, told me that Battery is in perfect health and hence no issues with Battery and then I got some sign of revival of life in my car and my car turned on and I started moving towards my house and Battery guy followed me till my house so that he can help me in case my car again goes dead.

After I parked my Car, I turned off and just out of curiosity I tried to turn the Ignition and to my surprise it again failed to turn on.

Yesterday I attempted to start my car again and viola it started and then I called my family to go for shopping.

We startedoff and just drove approx. 750 meters when all of sudden my car turned off in middle of Road again with traffic piling up behind me and everyone is honking, shouting to my embarrassment.

I called my friend, he came alongwith a maruti Service Guy as an emergency solution, and checked the car thoroughly and he removed all fuses, replaced them again but my car did not budge to start.

Then my friend suggested that something is wrong with the car hence we decided to call Mahindra Helpline and they promptly came to the place in 30 minutes.

The Helpline mechanic started struggling with the car to find out the reason fror the fauilt and spent almost 7 hours on my car but even he could not locate the fault and then he advised me to towed the car to my house back and promised me that he will bring the senior electrician and mechanic for repair work next day.

Today they came and even the electrician also stuggled for almost 2 hours and finally they got hold of the fault and the fault was not with the car but the culprit of all this was MICRO VBB-ELITE.

This all happened with me where they claim that have several l;akh happy users across India.

Hence, my advice to all those who are planning to go for MicroVBB Elite, must make sure that the person who is going to install has full and complete knowledge about your car mechanism, electrical wiring etc otherwise you will face similar problem.
micrographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 15:18   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default re: MicroVBB Elite - Led to my car breaking down several times!

Sorry to hear about your experience, Micrographics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Upon meeting the Service Engineer and during discussions, I had my first shock where the engineer told that they have never worked on Logan and they will attempt to install.
Quote:
After struggling with my Logan for almost 4 hours, engineer came with the reply that he is still trying to understand the wiring and there the 2nd shock, my car refused to start because of while searching for the connection, he did some wrong wiring causing Car fuse to burst.
Should have thrown up alarm bells right there! Why allow your car to be used as a test mule? Nevertheless, I still hold MicroVBB at fault. If they aren't sure of something, just say NO. Faulty accessory wiring is the No. 1 reason in India for cars going up in flames.

Quote:
Today they came and even the electrician also stuggled for almost 2 hours and finally they got hold of the fault and the fault was not with the car but the culprit of all this was MICRO VBB-ELITE.
Was the unit faulty, or (I suspect) the wiring was poorly done?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 15:25   #3
BHPian

Default Re: MicroVBB Elite - Led to my car breaking down several times!

GTO

AS of now no one has come to check whether the MicroVBB is faulty or they used sub-standard wiring.

I've logged a complaint with MicroVBB and today I received a call from their HO stating that they will send some Senior person to resolve the problem.

Will keep this thread updated.....
Old 26th May 2011, 14:17   #4
BHPian

Hi Friends,

In continuation to my above post.

I logged complaint with MicroVBB Mumbai office (Complaint No. 42563) on 23-5-2011 and since then no one has bothered to pay serious attention except giving false promises that someone will soon visit or call.

Even I called one Mr. Milind (Sr. Technical Officer) at MicroVBB (Ph. # 9820615223) but of no use, he also assured me that someone will attend to my issues shortly but still nothing concrete has happened.

This shows how professional MicroVBB is in attending to their clients and I would like to advise all those who are planning to go for MicroVBB, think TWICE/THRICE before going for this product.

The After Sales Service is worst if not BAD.

Will keep all of you posted on the update from MicroVBB.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:03   #5
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I'm back with my report as of today.

As of now the Device is sitting idle in my Car and despite reperated calls to Security Profile (Mr. Khaled) to attend to my problem but all the requests fell of deaf ears.

Yesterday, I called this person and he assured me that so called Engineer will be at my place today and today after waiting till 4.30 p.m. when I caleld up this guy again, he said that engineer is still in his home tomw and is expected to reach Bangalore and once he reaches then he will send him to my place but am sorry to say that I don't know why I'm getting a felling that I've been cheated and just because of poor customer service, they are going to loose their reputation.

I just want help from you guy to get the issue resolved.

Today once again I've logged the complaint at MicroVBB Customer Care No. (Complaint No. 39831 dt. 6-7-2011)

I'll update you in this respect tomorrow again If no one attend to my complaint.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:45   #6
BHPian

My Final Update.

After my second complaint to MicroVBB, they deputed their engineer Saravanan from Mumbai specifically for my Car. The Local Dealer SECURTY PROFILE FAILED to comeback.

The Guy as promised to me reached Bangalore on Monday morning and before starting to diagnose the problem, he discussed with me what went wrong and when and what measures the local dealer has taken after the fault.

I gave him detailed info on what happened and what measures taken by me and not by SECURITY PROFILES, their dealer.

Then he started working on the Car and as soon as he opened the steering Assembly and pulled out the disconnected wires, immediately he asked who did the wiring in such a way which caused damage to their device. At that point, I told them that the wiring was done by Security Profile Engineer - Navin (who has never worked on the Logan earlier, before touching my Logan).

After seeing the wiring, he told that the fault occurred due to multiple joints in the wiring (approx. 6 joints within the length of 1 Ft.) and secondly, the wiring was done in haphazard manner.

He told that he will check all the wiring connections and he will make sure that there is no joint between the Device and the Steering Assembly.

He removed all the wiring and did re-wiring.

Another interestring thing, that earlier engineer failed to activate REMOTE on the pretext that because Logan is having Company Fitted Remote system (with immobilizer) hence MVBB Remote will not work and the engineer deputed from Mumbai, in no time, activated the Remote as well.

Now it is 2 days since he completed the job and the device is worknig fine now.

Hats off to Sarvanan of MVBB and Hats DOWN to SECURITY PROFILE.

Once again, I advise all those guys from Bangalore who want to have MVBB installed on their Cars, NEVER EVER get it installed from MVBB Dealer because his pre-post sales Support is pathetic.
micrographics is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote