Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd November 2015, 02:28   #46
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Engine problem: RPM & Speed limited

That sure is pretty steep for a new car. Have you checked these parts personally to see if the SA is not taking you for a ride? And yes, try pushing for a warranty replacement, though it would be a tricky scene. You'd have to fight your case saying its premature wearing out, and not tell him about the bumper to bumper routine you go through everyday.

However, I strongly suggest you go and have a look at these damaged parts once.
FanaticOnWheels is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:17   #47
Default re: Engine problem: RPM & Speed limited

I think I'm done with VW Apple Auto Whitefield. The last trip of mine there for bumper replacement after an Innova gracefully took it out, someone actually had the guts to take out an sd card from the audio player, and replace the empty holder. All the SA's talk about is replacement, that's all. I strongly recommend some other VW service station over them. Fine the car was bought from them, doesn't necessitate me going back for service to them. I regret not having joined tbhp and posting when my woes with their services began from 2014.
AppyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 14:50   #48

Usually whatever part gets replaced is kept in the boot of the vehicle right? So you should get the old part that was replaced without having to ask for it. AFAIK that's what maruti does and is what is expected of all A. S. S.s. Maruti did this on my old Alto When they replaced even the smallest of things like wipers and spark plugs.. And also things like air filters, old gaskets, rings etc. Even Hyundai does this I believe.

Anyways once you get back your car please use the handbrake method to move on slopes and when in traffic.. Don't bother moving unless the guy in front of you has moved atleast 5+ feet. Inching along is the major culprit in early clutch wear. Just wait in your position till the traffic significantly moves and only then drive. Sure you may get honked at but those guys aren't paying for your clutch or your petrol.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 17:20   #49
Default Re: Engine problem: RPM & Speed limited

Ok so now post the clutch n flywheel replacement, I feel some minute level of vibrations through the pedal,even when it is not depressed or touched in all gears apart from neutral. Is it normal ?Not even 60kms out of the service center, please advise.
AppyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 11:59   #50
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Engine problem: RPM & Speed limited

Just had the same thing happen to my Fiesta TDCi this morning.
Pic of ODO attached.

The RPM was stuck to 1000 and climbing very slowly, in spite of a floored throttle, and the car was crawling along at 10-20 Km/hr.
Speedo was not functioning.

Then all of a sudden, it vanished. Everything returned to normal.
Self healed, while thats welcome, it will get tougher to diagnose.
Attached Images
Hatari is online now   Reply With Quote