Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:17   #3001
BHPian
 
supratim07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Recently i have seen a "bling" kind of noise whenever i cross any hump from front wheels, what could be wrong here...its sounds like a spring was let loose to expand.
supratim07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:17   #3002
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,867
Thanked: 1,479 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratim07 View Post
Recently i have seen a "bling" kind of noise whenever i cross any hump from front wheels, what could be wrong here...its sounds like a spring was let loose to expand.
Check the upper arm bush, must be bust.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:23   #3003
BHPian
 
agbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TN38
Posts: 948
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ag benny & m upreti
Do let us know the final diagnosis,

the AC thing is really strange, the burning smell, was it rubber, could also have been some wet insulating foam and live wire shorting issue. Post the fire the moisture may have evaporated and whatever was shorting may be ok.
Friends,

Today A.S.S people called me and explained that they were unable to reproduce the issue. They said they checked every possible part, which could make such issue, Found only a bleed in ABS (which say its normal and will be cleaned every 40K odo), which is caused by the oil vapour forms and accumulates.

However, they didn't want to deliver the vehicle today, and wanted to check with M&M since the issue is still unknown, and I reported the same issue twice. They said they will test the vehicle for two days and call me on Saturday.

I got a drop back to home in my Scorpio - the test driver dropped me home - while coming back Vehicle was as normal and usual.

I will keep you posted regarding this - But still the issue is a misery.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 09:25   #3004
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ag benny & m upreti
Do let us know the final diagnosis,

the AC thing is really strange, the burning smell, was it rubber, could also have been some wet insulating foam and live wire shorting issue. Post the fire the moisture may have evaporated and whatever was shorting may be ok.
No further issues since that day on the smoke and burning, I was not able to give the car to the A.S.S. since my trusted advisor is on leave this weekend.

I have checked each and every electronic / electrical accessory individually and parallely, nothing seems to be malfunctioning.

I am planning to take down the dash board tomorrow and see if I can find something myself.

Will update
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 14:35   #3005
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 127
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_sukhu View Post
Hi Scorpio Riders !,

I have posted this request in a thread earlier but it has not worked out. I would like help in identifying the correct 100% synthetic engine oil for my Scorpio M Hawk 2011 model done over 28K. I tried the Mobile delvac MX but it is not super synthetic. Looking for the desired 15w40 API CHIV for the euro IV MHawk engine. If anyone has been able to identify and use this, pl do respond with the details of Brand, and the results. Thank You.
Mobil Delvac 1 (API CI-4/SAE 5W-40) is the answer.It exceeds what your mHawk engine needs. I have been using it for past 50K in my 2.2 TATA Safari (which requires API CH-4 and above) with no problems whatsoever !
rb2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 17:32   #3006
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Hi guys:

I need some assistance in addressing a problem in my Scorpio Vlx 2009 model, which has done about 58K so far.
For the last few months, the power steering fluid has been leaking- I have so far managed by replenishing the power steering fluid (it lasts about 3 weeks), but I now need to get it fixed.
I wanted to hear from the experts what could be the reason for the leak and whether it will be a simple & inexpensive fix or does it require major work.
I plan to take it to Sterling Auto in Gurgaon over the weekend.
Thanks!
sm_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 18:02   #3007
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,867
Thanked: 1,479 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_1973 View Post
I wanted to hear from the experts what could be the reason for the leak and whether it will be a simple & inexpensive fix or does it require major work.
The leak, more likely than not, is from some hose connecting the power steering fluid reservoir to its pump and should be easy and cheap to fix. Don't worry.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 10:41   #3008
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Hi,

I have Scorpio VLX BS-IV which was bought in May 2010. Have an extended Warranty for it as well. The vehicle has done only 23000Kms and recently I had to take it to the workshop as I noticed that the break paddle was going down comletely to the floor while pressing it, even when the vehicle was stationary! The workshop first replaced the Booster system and the vehicle continued to have the same problem. Then they replaced the ABS system (needless to say, this was very expensive and is not covered under extended warranty!!). Even after spedning Rs.35K, the same problem persists and the workshop has taken the vehicle back again!

Any idea what could be the problem? I'm also concerned that I may have to keeep shelling out huge amounts for such problems after every 20K odd kms.!! Please advice and help if I can get any support from M&M directly on this issue, as the vehicle has just done 23000Kms.
Regards, Sumeet
Sumeet_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 11:55   #3009
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet_s View Post
I have Scorpio VLX BS-IV which was bought in May 2010. Have an extended Warranty for it as well. The vehicle has done only 23000Kms and recently I had to take it to the workshop as I noticed that the break paddle was going down comletely to the floor while pressing it, even when the vehicle was stationary! The workshop first replaced the Booster system and the vehicle continued to have the same problem. Then they replaced the ABS system (needless to say, this was very expensive and is not covered under extended warranty!!). Even after spedning Rs.35K, the same problem persists and the workshop has taken the vehicle back again!
Hi Sumeet, you have been taken for a royal ride. I got my entire ABS harness changed under extended warrenty, they initially claimed damage was due to rat bite but were unable to prove it and replaced it free.

I think it is time for you to complain to M&M management, start with a complaint to customer care.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 13:31   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,611 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet_s View Post
Hi, I have Scorpio VLX BS-IV which was bought in May 2010. Have an extended Warranty for it as well. The vehicle has done only 23000Kms and recently I had to take it to the workshop as I noticed that the break paddle was going down comletely to the floor while pressing it, even when the vehicle was stationary! The workshop first replaced the Booster system and the vehicle continued to have the same problem. Then they replaced the ABS system (needless to say, this was very expensive and is not covered under extended warranty!!). Even after spedning Rs.35K, the same problem persists and the workshop has taken the vehicle back again!

Any idea what could be the problem? I'm also concerned that I may have to keeep shelling out huge amounts for such problems after every 20K odd kms.!! Please advice and help if I can get any support from M&M directly on this issue, as the vehicle has just done 23000Kms.
Regards, Sumeet
Dear Sumeet - first of all, such an issue should not come at all. If at all it comes, it needs to be solved by correct analysis and following the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). I can see that hit and miss method is still being followed at dealerships, which you must not allow on your vehicle. These methods are not supposed to work any more and your vehicle cannot be used as a guinea pig. Do not be taken in by any evasive answers, insist on seeing the SOP and meeting the COTEC who is the technically competent M&M employee, knowledgeable to correct the issue in your car. Please do this, only then something will happen.

Dear Manish - hello after a very long time. . Aal Ijj Well?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 13:35   #3011
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,584
Thanked: 10,611 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratim07 View Post
Recently i have seen a "bling" kind of noise whenever i cross any hump from front wheels, what could be wrong here...its sounds like a spring was let loose to expand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Check the upper arm bush, must be bust.
Actually, many reasons. A loose silencer box coupling. A cracked shock absorber bush, or as Dev said, an upper or lower arm bush. Worn out stabiliser bar bush. Worn link rod joint. Loose bumper bolt. Steering rack loose in its mounting. And some more...

Let a technical specialist at your ASC diagnose it - the service advisor would probably not know, so insist that a TS have a look.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 9th August 2012 at 13:41.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 15:06   #3012
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Manish - hello after a very long time. . Aal Ijj Well?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram ji, Aal Ijj Extremely Well, thanks for all your help in times of my need and and an excellent advisor at G3 Motors, Nerul (Sachin More) , I now find it hard to part with my Scorpio despite being entised by the XUV500 & some recent launches.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 22:53   #3013
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sumeet - first of all, such an issue should not come at all. If at all it comes, it needs to be solved by correct analysis and following the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). I can see that hit and miss method is still being followed at dealerships, which you must not allow on your vehicle. These methods are not supposed to work any more and your vehicle cannot be used as a guinea pig. Do not be taken in by any evasive answers, insist on seeing the SOP and meeting the COTEC who is the technically competent M&M employee, knowledgeable to correct the issue in your car. Please do this, only then something will happen.

Dear Manish - hello after a very long time. . Aal Ijj Well?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram, M_Upreti, Thank you so much for your advice and help! After I wrote this post, I sent an email to the customer care who forwarded the same to M&M's Delhi office manager. The workshop contacted me and informed me that they will be able to get the refund for the entire amount, though I have not mentioned to them that I had already sent this request and M& M has agreed to do so! However, I was also requested by the service adviser that I should send an email letting them know that the problem is resolved and I'm very happy with them!! The vehicle was delivered to my residence while I was away in a meeting....I don't think I should send any appreciation email for the workshop as, I had to go through a lot of troubles with them and very rightly put across by you, 'Hit & Miss method' is being used on my vehicle! I will send an email to M&M's manager only once I'm convinced that the job has been done properly and will keep in mind about the procedures of checking the vehicle! Thank you once again for all the good advice......I knew I could always count on my friends at Team BHP!!! Cheers!
Sumeet_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 10:36   #3014
BHPian
 
agbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TN38
Posts: 948
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Friends just some updates:

Today I got a call from ASC, that they changed ABS and tested it well. I have asked them to give a detailed report when the deliver the vehicle. They were unable to find any issue, and they couldn't reproduce the issue. I think they couldn't figure out how the issue could be, though I tried to explain them well in person. I was able to recall what happened as it happened the second time.

I have to start driving the car again, nevertheless the issues with braking is a serious matter. There is no other way!

Let me know what should one do in this situation - I think just pray and keep going, correct? :-)
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 13:52   #3015
BHPian
 
Off Roadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Good luck and I firmly believe it was an abs issue. That was getting reset on restarting.

I am sure you know it but this post might just serve as a mental trigger in case of an emergency.
HAND BRAKE.
Off Roadie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions Rajith Technical Stuff 427 28th August 2017 14:47
Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions manishk83 Technical Stuff 61 13th April 2015 14:00
Child safety issues and Solutions sreenidhibr Street Experiences 55 29th April 2013 18:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks