Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 20:09   #3181
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, the XUV is sure to become niggle free as time progresses. See what M&M does to you, once an M&M, always an M&M, come whatever may..!!.
You are absolutely right, we may riot & shout the from the roof tops but the fact of the matter is that we love our Mahindra's .

My Nippon security system's siren is acting up again (I got the hooter replaced last year for 800 Rs.)

The sound did not work in the morning yesterday when I left the vehicle in the parking in the morning, in the evening it gve a single hoot (opening gives 2 hoots).

Today it seems to have healed itself
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 13:13   #3182
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to? Scorpio SLE owners, kindly confirm.
Yes please fit it asap.

It was initially taken off the LX and the SLE gets the axe too.

How much money does M&M save by skimping on such cheap components??
n.devdath is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 13:34   #3183
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,862 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
...no AC particle filter/AC Cabin filter...Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes please fit it asap.
Can be retro-fitted to all Refresh models of Scorpio. There is also a particle filter that M&M has introduced for the fresh air vent below the windscreen. You can retro-fit that too.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 15:18   #3184
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
I was cleaning my vehicle yesterday and to my surprise, found that there is no AC particle filter/AC Cabin filter in the car. Checked with the Service advisor and he confirmed that there is no such thing in SLE. Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to? Scorpio SLE owners, kindly confirm...

SST sir's ownership thread says about the AC Particle filter cleaning during the service. Again it is a VLX.
The one right behind\inside the glove box,correct?
SLE has it for sure.
akshay4587 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 18:09   #3185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 89
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 19:07   #3186
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,862 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
IIRC the Innova has a single-use paper filter while the Scorpio's is a reusable net.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 19:20   #3187
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Strange,I have it on mine its a May 2010 SLE.
And yes its a wire mesh filter,and can be used again after washing\cleaning.
akshay4587 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 22:27   #3188
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,296
Thanked: 897 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Strange,I have it on mine its a May 2010 SLE.
And yes its a wire mesh filter,and can be used again after washing\cleaning.
Mine is a Feb 2010 vehicle, and it has the AC filter. Maybe M&M discontinued it sometime in 2011 or 2012.

@Jack Sparrow - There's also the possibility that the ASC technicians removed the AC filter in your vehicle for cleaning during a service and then forgot to put it back. Believe me, they are fully capable of such bone-headedness.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 10:17   #3189
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 790 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Count me in, mine's a 2009 SLE and there is a particle filter right behind the glove box.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 12:53   #3190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 89
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
IIRC the Innova has a single-use paper filter while the Scorpio's is a reusable net.
Absolutely right sir. I normally clean it every 15 days and was surprised to see the scorp without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Strange,I have it on mine its a May 2010 SLE.
And yes its a wire mesh filter,and can be used again after washing\cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Mine is a Feb 2010 vehicle, and it has the AC filter. Maybe M&M discontinued it sometime in 2011 or 2012.

@Jack Sparrow - There's also the possibility that the ASC technicians removed the AC filter in your vehicle for cleaning during a service and then forgot to put it back. Believe me, they are fully capable of such bone-headedness.

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Count me in, mine's a 2009 SLE and there is a particle filter right behind the glove box.
Hi All,
Thx for the confirmation.
My SA confirmed last week that the filter does not come factory fitted in the SLE, however can be done if I want to.
Let me go to the service center and check other SLE's. If it is present, then I will ask for a free replacement.

Any idea on the cost of it so that I can pay and do not have to argue with them.

Thx for your help.
Rgds,
Karthik

Last edited by Jack Sparrow : 11th January 2013 at 12:58.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 09:17   #3191
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Karthik, if I recall correctly, it costs Rs. 500/-, or it used to till the year before last!
anupmathur is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 11:35   #3192
BHPian
 
BMW-X5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Guys,

I need some help here. My Scopio VLX is has 4500 kmts and it has developed engine oil leakage. The leak found right under the fuel filter, I will post the pirctures later this evening. Reported this issue with Mahindra and TVS cochin took the vehicle kept it with them for two days mentioning they have addressed all the issues with the vehcile. There were a AC air leakage from the dash bboard close to drivers left knee. This is also not fixed. Vehicle used to show low oil pressure warining once in a while since I took delivery and TVS Cochin tried to fix it 3 times and failed. Now the engine oil leak is worrying me a lot. I dont want the incompetent guys at service centre do a trail and error wiith my vehicle once again. Can somebody please guide me to get it fixed.
I have escalated the issue to Mahindra, they are very poractive but the guys at service station has no clue what to do.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 11:40   #3193
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Guys,

I need some help here. My Scopio VLX is has 4500 kmts and it has developed engine oil leakage. The leak found right under the fuel filter, I will post the pirctures later this evening. Reported this issue with Mahindra and TVS cochin took the vehicle kept it with them for two days mentioning they have addressed all the issues with the vehcile. There were a AC air leakage from the dash bboard close to drivers left knee. This is also not fixed. Vehicle used to show low oil pressure warining once in a while since I took delivery and TVS Cochin tried to fix it 3 times and failed. Now the engine oil leak is worrying me a lot. I dont want the incompetent guys at service centre do a trail and error wiith my vehicle once again. Can somebody please guide me to get it fixed.
I have escalated the issue to Mahindra, they are very poractive but the guys at service station has no clue what to do.
I presume you mean a leakage of engine oil from the Oil Filter (and not Fuel Filter, as you have mentioned?).

Leakage can happen with improper fitment of the OIl Filter - can be solved by retightening ir or changing it. But looking at the delay at the ASC end, maybe the threading is defective or damaged resulting in oil filter getting fitted properly.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 11:47   #3194
BHPian
 
BMW-X5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Thanks a lot. Oil filter was changed as they did first serivce too when they kept the vehicle for repair. I'm planning to be there in the workshop tomorrow when they take my vehicle tomorrow.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 09:51   #3195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

when i switch to 4wd High - the display starts showing 4WD Low. When the display is showing 4WD Low (and dial set at 4wd high), I can also feel that it is in Low range.

Any ideas from Gurus on what I should be telling the Service center guys to look at as I am sure when it goes to SC,it will play pranks and not replicate this problem.

Has happened 3-4 times in last one week but not consistently.

Cheers
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions Rajith Technical Stuff 435 11th December 2017 20:28
Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions manishk83 Technical Stuff 61 13th April 2015 14:00
Child safety issues and Solutions sreenidhibr Street Experiences 55 29th April 2013 18:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks