Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 11:40   #4111
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 654
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
SST, My vehicle is getting serviced at SK as I type this and Svc Adviser says there's no issue with the suspension, however I have asked to replace all the rubber parts.

That being said, do you know if it is a wise option to go for Tein Suspension ? I spoke to RRP in Bangalore last night, he says by choosing Tein, the ride quality and handling on scorpio will increase by 80% to the stock setup. The kit he is talking about will cost 55k including the labor.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 14:54   #4112
BHPian
 
AshyRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

I have observed an unusual occurrence in my 27k run 2.2 Mhawk VLX 2WD [2014 model] beast. Sometimes, after being stuck in traffic [almost daily since I am a Bangalorean] or after a spirited gallop on the roads, the needle of the speedometer makes a sweep to around 150kmph with a light beep sound. The engine does not rev high nor does the speed increase. Its just the speedo dial that makes a clean sweep with a beep and returns to 0. This normally occurs when I reach a stand still. I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this, so your expert opinion on this would help me get the right resolution from the SA.
AshyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 20:01   #4113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,490
Thanked: 10,019 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
That being said, do you know if it is a wise option to go for Tein Suspension ? I spoke to RRP in Bangalore last night, he says by choosing Tein, the ride quality and handling on scorpio will increase by 80% to the stock setup. The kit he is talking about will cost 55k including the labor.
I had at one time explored the option of Tein for my own vehicle, but was told they have no option for fitment in Delhi, nor any conversion option for the front suspension in a 4wd (being a torsion bar setup). However, I have come across no one else that I personally know, who has used Tein for the Scorpio, and have no idea how this would perform.

OTOH, I understand DBHPian Nikhilb2008 uses Tein for his Civic, and has been very happy with it. You might want to PM him and find out more.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 21:44   #4114
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 654
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I had at one time explored the option of Tein for my own vehicle, but was told they have no option for fitment in Delhi, nor any conversion option for the front suspension in a 4wd (being a torsion bar setup). However, I have come across no one else that I personally know, who has used Tein for the Scorpio, and have no idea how this would perform.

OTOH, I understand DBHPian Nikhilb2008 uses Tein for his Civic, and has been very happy with it. You might want to PM him and find out more.
I saw Nikhilb's thread but I cant really compare the performance upgrade on Scropio to Civic, if you know what I mean.

Am actually considering to giveup Scorpio and buy Ecosport (Ride comfort is the only reason), but heart doesnt want to. Hence, trying to convince my brain to keep the scorpio and give it some new life by considering options such as Tein.

Totally confused
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 21:49   #4115
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,490
Thanked: 10,019 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I saw Nikhilb's thread but I cant really compare the performance upgrade on Scropio to Civic, if you know what I mean.
I understand. Was hoping Nikhil might know someone who's done a Tein conversion on his Scorpio, which you could perhaps test-drive to compare.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 13:18   #4116
BHPian
 
kcj3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kmr
Posts: 130
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
I have observed an unusual occurrence in my 27k run 2.2 Mhawk VLX 2WD [2014 model] beast. Sometimes, after being stuck in traffic [almost daily since I am a Bangalorean] or after a spirited gallop on the roads, the needle of the speedometer makes a sweep to around 150kmph with a light beep sound. The engine does not rev high nor does the speed increase. Its just the speedo dial that makes a clean sweep with a beep and returns to 0. This normally occurs when I reach a stand still. I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this, so your expert opinion on this would help me get the right resolution from the SA.
It could be Alternator /Regulator acting up.
kcj3b is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 16:17   #4117
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 316
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

My Scorpio brakes have jammed.
The vehicle was standing still for 1 month, only engine was started once in 15 days. Today when tried to move it did not budge.
Seems brake fluid is jammed.
I tried pumping the brakes, but no luck.
Any home remedies can be done or should I call the ASS.
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 17:15   #4118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,364
Thanked: 3,752 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I saw Nikhilb's thread but I cant really compare the performance upgrade on Scropio to Civic, if you know what I mean.
Jaggu has Tein on his Thar. You might want to talk to him.

IMO, the Thar and the Scorpio are similarly bouncy.

Also, lately, I've been experimenting with shocks in my Jeep, as well as some Thars. Changing the rear to stiffer shocks has a surprisingly good effect on handling and ride. The only exception being at crawl speeds. If you dont have an issue of travel, then try out some gas filled shocks, of similar mounting.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 12:27   #4119
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 316
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
My Scorpio brakes have jammed.
The vehicle was standing still for 1 month, only engine was started once in 15 days. Today when tried to move it did not budge.
Seems brake fluid is jammed.
I tried pumping the brakes, but no luck.
Any home remedies can be done or should I call the ASS.
Well, the problem is now solved. I just removed the wheels and gave gentle taps with jack spanner to the drums. The drums started rolling now...

The problem was because I had washed the car and parked in the garage for a month. The moisture probably lead to rusting and sticking of the pads and drums.
Lesson learnt now...
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 19:44   #4120
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 654
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Jaggu has Tein on his Thar. You might want to talk to him.

IMO, the Thar and the Scorpio are similarly bouncy.

Also, lately, I've been experimenting with shocks in my Jeep, as well as some Thars. Changing the rear to stiffer shocks has a surprisingly good effect on handling and ride. The only exception being at crawl speeds. If you dont have an issue of travel, then try out some gas filled shocks, of similar mounting.
Thank You Dhanush, will write to Jaggu to seek his view.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 15:27   #4121
BHPian
 
anvara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The cooling coil failed in my 2013 VLX. Is this a common failure in Scorpio?
Sheel, I remember the grease monkeys at the Service centre telling me that this is a common failure for a VLX. I had a 2007 CRDE for which this failed 2 months before my extended warranty ended.

Was discussing this with them when they told me that this is a common issue.
anvara is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 20:14   #4122
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,823
Thanked: 4,169 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

My 4WD S10 had slight rattle on its driver's side window. Appears to have magically healed itself.

Any more dope?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 13:20   #4123
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Brakes Issue

Couple of days back the vacuum assist for the brakes stopped working making the pedal hard and reducing the braking distance.

With the festival season I was unable to get the appointment to any of the safe distance M&M SS to get this checked so had to use the services of my regular neighborhood mechanic.

Initially he checked for the leaks in the lines (which I had already done) no leaks and the Vacuum Pump was working perfectly.

Then he checked the Booster and pronounced that the booster was gone and suggested replacement which was done.

The brakes are working fine but the check light has been activated.

It seems that while reassembling the lines he has deliberately disconnected one part of the vacuum hose coming from the pump and plugged it shut. (the main line from the booster pump is split in 2 parts, one goes into the Brake Booster and another into another box like part next to the booster which further redistributes it to some multiple parts across the engine bay).

When I tried plugging the hose into its correct place the brakes stop working again.

Gurus urgent help needed as I don't know which other functionality is compromised as a result of this jugad.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101400133.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101400134.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101600135.jpg  

m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 12:45   #4124
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Brakes Issue

Adding a few more pictures and a video.

Now it seems that the vacuum box next to the brake booster is also leaking, not getting the part in the market, the mechanic is trying to source one from another Scorpio to test. Will know if it works by the afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700136.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700137.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700138.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700139.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700140.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700141.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700142.jpg  

m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:22   #4125
BHPian
 
magneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

I have now been using a 4wd Scorpio for eight years and clocked 125000 kms. My observation is that the design of the car is very good. The problem is with the service people appointed by Mahindra. Being an auto mechanic myself with more than 40 years of work experience I can see the poor quality of work and indifferent attitude which is putting customers off.

My latest experience with their milestone repair agency at Parel was that after they replaced my wheel bearings they tightened the setting nut so much that the wheel hub became hot and after 10kms my steering started pulling due to seizure. I had to go back and got the wheels loosened after which it is OK. So please recheck everything after they work on it.

Mod note: Post edited for improper capitalization and punctuation mark placement. Please type and check properly before posting. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th October 2015 at 15:00.
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions Rajith Technical Stuff 416 22nd March 2017 15:20
Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions manishk83 Technical Stuff 61 13th April 2015 14:00
Child safety issues and Solutions sreenidhibr Street Experiences 55 29th April 2013 18:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks