Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 00:08   #2026
NFS
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Not surprising for M&M, even smallest parts like switches are not available and procuring takes ages leading to regular followup and multiple trips to the A.S.S..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Happily, there are many "accident" vehicles which are a good source for such "non-essential" parts. I have got things like filler caps and switches that way. My friend recently waited almost 6 months to get a dashboard panel (damaged in an accident) which was not in stock (because it was a particular shade)
Evening Update: Called the Customer care and requested someone to coordinate and source the OIL pump, as Mahindra may be able to know which Dealer has this product - One hour went past no response - called the Customer care again - The gentleman explained to me that someone from the Area office was already on the look out for the product and it is NOT available with TVS Palakkad (as TVS is no longer a dealer for Mahindra Scorpio). When requested for contact details of the area office rep, prompt reply came "No sir we are not permitted to disclose the phone numbers" - Blew my temper and I emphasized on someone calling me in the next hour - Prompt came the reply from a mobile number claiming he is the area manager - explained my situation and wanted some answer by tomorrow morning (hope he does NOT come up with an answer "Sorry sir I cannot find the spare")

This is really giving me nightmares. Hope things get better tomorrow morning.

I hope Mahindra would not ask me to wait for an accident vehicle!
Old 12th April 2011, 10:17   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Seniors,

My Sarge after a 615 kms drive from Chennai - Palakkad, shows the OIL Pressure Lamp with the VMS telling "Oil Pressure is Low". Reported this to Mahindra Care, being Sunday ITL Motors Palakkad representative sent me a Junior Mechanic after 3hrs of waiting. The Junior checked the Dip stick and verified there is enough amount of Oil and declared this could be a faulty sensor at play. Today (Monday) I drove the vehicle over to the dealership as requested. Service guys took around 2hours to remove the sensor (complaining the engine heat and less space). The latest finding is that the oil is not reaching the sensor (I am not sure why). The investigation is on to look for oilline blocks? What could be wrong?

Will keep you posted as and when I know more. @Spike arrestor, any leads or clues?
Hi NFS, As an ex owner of a Scorp CRDe...I've had this issue couple of times and once during a long trip in the middle of no where !
All you need to do is to remove the sensor and spray a little WD40 and place back the sensor wire clip. Works like a charm - no issues thereafter.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:12   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, as has been mentioned, my Scorpio is the pre-crde 2004/2005 version, and has no ECU or electronics whatsoever.

kaushik_s, I use a gear lock and am very happy with it. You get autocop, Minda makes, etc. Cost 1,500-2,000. Gear locks can delay any car thief, but am sure he can always cut it off with lots of effort. But delays can deter any thief, so that is one big reason that all of us should have gear locks installed.

I brought the same type gear lock from Delhi 2 years back.Have asked atleast 5 guys in chennai and none knew how to fix it.Can someone please direct me to a person who does it here?

tx
Old 12th April 2011, 13:27   #2029
NFS
BHPian

Oh! the vehicle is with a dealer now and they confirmed it is not the sensor which is at fault, but the oil pump. Not sure if your solution can be put up at the dealership. Well thanks anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi NFS, As an ex owner of a Scorp CRDe...I've had this issue couple of times and once during a long trip in the middle of no where !
All you need to do is to remove the sensor and spray a little WD40 and place back the sensor wire clip. Works like a charm - no issues thereafter.
Old 13th April 2011, 08:23   #2030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
I brought the same type gear lock from Delhi 2 years back.Have asked atleast 5 guys in chennai and none knew how to fix it.Can someone please direct me to a person who does it here?
tx
Seems strange, did you check with the A.S.S. also, in Mumbai gear locks are available as genuine accessories at the A.S.S.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:13   #2031
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi
sorry if I missed out on your posts. but what vehicle have you changed to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Old 13th April 2011, 20:23   #2032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Step 1: Bang the door hard with your fist from the inside and try. Sometimes the motor just needs a little nudge.

Step 2: Check at the service center if there's any dust inside the switches. Clean it up, try again.

Step 3: They will open the entire door panel from inside and check the motor itself.
Hi Red Liner! Thanks for the solutions.
Tried Step 1 but no response!
To check up with Step 2 (Dust inside the switches) could not sight many specks. The AC is always on and hence little dust enters. But maybe whatever has settled down there could be the killjoy!
And the Step 3 will be done at the MASS tomorrow as servicing is due now.
Old 14th April 2011, 11:24   #2033
BHPian

Folks,
Of last i find a lot of coolant vanishing...I does not happen when i drive for long distances but only when driven in city and when engine rpm is raised as i used to do it since my battery was quite old.
Now battery has been changed,

1.All hoses checked,1 had slight leak at the mouth.needful done.
Mechanic mentioned about the lower engine sheild full of coolant marks
and said water pump could be an issue.
Pls advice.

cheers
Old 15th April 2011, 08:14   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Hi, From the last few days the OE Music system of my Scorpio has stopped working. The set seems to be working but there is no sound from the speakers. (The VAS messages are still being announced).

Any suggestions on the DIY / how to pull out the unit to see if any wires have come loose.

Since I am still not sure I will keep this car for long so I am not willing to spend on a new syatem
Old 16th April 2011, 00:39   #2035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hi
He has moved on to a Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, From the last few days the OE Music system of my Scorpio has stopped working. The set seems to be working but there is no sound from the speakers. (The VAS messages are still being announced).

Any suggestions on the DIY / how to pull out the unit to see if any wires have come loose.
Is there a display on the system head?
If you turn knobs, press buttons etc, does the system head seem to respond?

The VMS is connected only to the front right speaker so that working could mean that the output from the system head is faulty if the head has a display and is responding.

In my vehicle the head had a loose contact with its body and a simple wipe with nail polish remover did the trick.
Old 16th April 2011, 13:07   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hi
Hi Shankar, Sorry for the delayed response...as Dev mentioned its a TFort and here is the ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ife-sails.html
Old 16th April 2011, 13:19   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Of last i find a lot of coolant vanishing...I does not happen when i drive for long distances but only when driven in city and when engine rpm is raised as i used to do it since my battery was quite old.
Now battery has been changed,

1.All hoses checked,1 had slight leak at the mouth.needful done.
Mechanic mentioned about the lower engine sheild full of coolant marks
and said water pump could be an issue.
Pls advice.

cheers
Hi Pradeep, If your Scorp is the old CRDe( pardon me for not knowing !) -check the timer belt cover. The coolant is circulated till the cover point. Sometimes the coolant leaks from the joints and the ASCs miss checking it or have no clue of it.

Secondly there is a massive bolt at the bottom (right side as you face the engine bay) of the engine block which though not the drain plug for the coolant, drains out the coolant from the engine block. It has a copper washer. Check leak from this point too.

Water pump being a problem sounds be far fetched then you should have seen the traces of the green coolant at the top or just below it. Check the O ring of the thermostat cupola.

All the above presuming the Engine is the pre MHawk CRDe.

No clue about the MHaHa circulation or layout.
Old 17th April 2011, 15:45   #2038
BHPian

New problem started off with my mHawk SLE. The brake pedal is becoming very hard during the mornings. Once the engine is started, the pedal starts working as normal after a few seconds. I’m suspecting vacuum leak in the booster. Any inputs? As usual A.S.S is unable to solve the problem.
Old 17th April 2011, 16:07   #2039
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
New problem started off with my mHawk SLE. The brake pedal is becoming very hard during the mornings. Once the engine is started, the pedal starts working as normal after a few seconds. I’m suspecting vacuum leak in the booster. Any inputs? As usual A.S.S is unable to solve the problem.
How old is your brake oil? What is the level?
Old 17th April 2011, 20:08   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Clutch pedal lock - stranded on the road.

For the second time it happened.

The clutch pedal didn't come up after pressing, fortunately after a 250 kms hill drive and near my house it happened. This happened to me about an year ago, and the A.S.S said, its clutch air lock to be released and they did that in 15 mins.

This time the road assist people checked and said the air lock can be released only at the service station, since they need to take the gear box down before doing it. Its a 4+ hr job. I can't believe. Any idea about what the problem could be.

I had to end up the journey with two families around 5 kms earlier to reach home, take a taxi and come back.

TO my surprise: The road assist people came to the place where mine stopped, was towing up another Scrorpio (same as mine mHawk vlx, same Odo reading 24xxx kms) and it had the same Clutch lock problem. Is that a simple issue which is very much happen to all scorpios? Wierd.

Let me know your thoughts, it will help me to speak to A.S.S tomorrow when I go there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks