Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 11:08   #1486
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

For the benefit of Bangalore boys:
3M service center has moved from near Indiranagar BDA complex to Banaswadi.

New Address:
22, 100ft. Rd. Dodda Banaswadi
Near to New Tamarind Restaurant/Just Bake/Nilgiri. Its on 1st floor above a Optical Shop
Contact: Shashi 9845523051

During my 2500km. stint from noida to bangalore i have lot of grease and bug remains in the front of the car. I went there for an estimate. They said Rs.3000.

I am also considering Car Spaz (Bimal Whitefield). They use Meguiar's products and charge Rs. 2600 for a 4 step treatment (pre-wax + sealant + wax + polymer finisher).

Any sugesstions. I plan to give my car a new yeae gift this weekend :-)
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 13:15   #1487
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
For the benefit of Bangalore boys:
3M service center has moved from near Indiranagar BDA complex to Banaswadi.

New Address:
22, 100ft. Rd. Dodda Banaswadi
Near to New Tamarind Restaurant/Just Bake/Nilgiri. Its on 1st floor above a Optical Shop
Contact: Shashi 9845523051

During my 2500km. stint from noida to bangalore i have lot of grease and bug remains in the front of the car. I went there for an estimate. They said Rs.3000.

I am also considering Car Spaz (Bimal Whitefield). They use Meguiar's products and charge Rs. 2600 for a 4 step treatment (pre-wax + sealant + wax + polymer finisher).

Any sugesstions. I plan to give my car a new yeae gift this weekend :-)
I had seen carz spa guys( bimal) and the results they showed on samples in the auto show( refer my post on this). I thot it was great and when i saw megs prods that they use- i felt its worth it probably.
Not sure which one is better though- i am looking at someone going and then sharing results basically for scratches on the surface( of which i have many:(
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 14:31   #1488
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

As i said, i plan to be there this sat/sun.

Maybe i would give Car Spaz guys a try. I am planning for the 4 step paint protection (Rs.2600) and Interior Cleaning (Rs.925). They even clean the AC vents etc. I have to strike a deal with them as i do not want anything done to my seats.

I am also planning to get Megs/Mothers products, so that post this treatment i can maintain the shine using those products.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:36   #1489
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
As i said, i plan to be there this sat/sun.

Maybe i would give Car Spaz guys a try. I am planning for the 4 step paint protection (Rs.2600) and Interior Cleaning (Rs.925). They even clean the AC vents etc. I have to strike a deal with them as i do not want anything done to my seats.

I am also planning to get Megs/Mothers products, so that post this treatment i can maintain the shine using those products.
Great- eager to know your outcome- BTW just for info, any scratches that exist on the car surface? If not- can you also check with them if they do scratch removal treatment? I guess they have a yearly package- look at that also, could be good.
How do you plan to get megs prods btw? Amazon will not ship to india i suppose(megs) and other ways are hugely expensive..Tech wax can be got for about $15-$18 and here its Rs 1800( about $38)
I have a couple of things extra from the set i got from the US- let me know if you need something( almost all is gone to TBHP folks in fact!!!)- check my msgs on this
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:03   #1490
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

yes i am also going for small scratch removal and it is included in Rs.2600.

I have someone coming from US and plan to get Mother's California Gold or Meguiar's Gold Class products.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:30   #1491
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Armorall

There is a full page armorall ad in this AUTOCAR 2010 issue with phone numbers of dealers/retailers in various indian cities. email is rsautobrands@gmail.com
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 19:06   #1492
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Smile bimal carz spa

hello friends,
This was my second visit to carz spa,but this time i took my dad s ikon,for steam wash and wax with addons like shampoo and tyre polish,i even got the glass antiglare treatment,total cost Rs 1850.wash and wax 350,shampoo rs 100,tyre polish rs 100,antiglare treatment rs 1300.so the results:very good,glass is clearer look good as new,wiper marks has gone,havent driven in the night yet,lets hope for the best.steam wash is only done for door beadings and ac blower ,i dont know what shampoo they use,after drying the car they apply meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0 with a buffer,and leave it for a while,then for all plastic,rubber ,and tyres they use meguairs protectant,they usually dont do cleaning of mats and vaccum of interiors ,but i requested them to do.the cleaning of ac ducts was complimentary,actually when i took my alto they didnt wax my car ,and i had paid for wash and wax ,but when i saw them do for ikon ,i asked one the guys why he didnt do it to my alto,he answered telling the manager told only wash,so i told next time they have to do a free service,so overrall its worth ,only thing i dont like is the rates for shampoo and tyre dressing,i had a huge scratch on my boot ,they told they can reduce the visibility but cant remove it completely.all the members are trained and use meguairs.
chetan5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 19:41   #1493
BHPian
 
mrwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 175
Thanked: Once
Default Unconvential cleaning tools

Windshield, external glass surfaces: An excellent dirt sensitive chamois-like substance... your hand! Wash, remove ring(s), pour water on glass, clean with hand. When the dirt-sensitivity is activated, rinse and repeat

Interiors: Baby wipes (e.g Johnson & Johnson), contain mild cleaners, antiseptic and perfume and stay wet in the box indefinitely... Very handy for quick/ urgent cleans in the middle of nowhere. And if it's safe enough for a baby's bum it's safe enough for any of your interior surfaces I think
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 11:26   #1494
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
hello friends,
This was my second visit to carz spa,but this time i took my dad s ikon,for steam wash and wax with addons like shampoo and tyre polish,i even got the glass antiglare treatment,total cost Rs 1850.wash and wax 350,shampoo rs 100,tyre polish rs 100,antiglare treatment rs 1300.so the results:very good,glass is clearer look good as new,wiper marks has gone,havent driven in the night yet,lets hope for the best.steam wash is only done for door beadings and ac blower ,i dont know what shampoo they use,after drying the car they apply meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0 with a buffer,and leave it for a while,then for all plastic,rubber ,and tyres they use meguairs protectant,they usually dont do cleaning of mats and vaccum of interiors ,but i requested them to do.the cleaning of ac ducts was complimentary,actually when i took my alto they didnt wax my car ,and i had paid for wash and wax ,but when i saw them do for ikon ,i asked one the guys why he didnt do it to my alto,he answered telling the manager told only wash,so i told next time they have to do a free service,so overrall its worth ,only thing i dont like is the rates for shampoo and tyre dressing,i had a huge scratch on my boot ,they told they can reduce the visibility but cant remove it completely.all the members are trained and use meguairs.
Thanks for the post chetan- can you see if you can probably break up your sentences better, its easier to read that way
BTW- i think you had taken the anti glare treatment for your car also? How is the effect on night driving for that?
And you mentioned that they apply Meguiars Sealant 2.0- are you referring to the Tech Wax 2.0 which also acts as a sealant( is primarily a wax)
Did you see any surface scratches gone (for any of the cars you did?) and are they removed for good or they come back post washing the car on your own cause some places they just cover up the scratch and it comes back once the wax/polish comes off..
I am looking at going there today and need to do a scratch removal treatment done for the 100's of surface scratches that i have on my car thanks to improper cloth usage by cleaning boys:(
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 12:10   #1495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

chetan in wash and wax do they also clean the underbody as well?
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:31   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,505
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default

i've noticed that washing with hard water causes slight calcification in the wedges and around the manufacturer's logo at the back and front grill. anyway this can be removed without damaging the paintjob?

have a black Getz and it shows :(
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:36   #1497
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,582
Thanked: 7,059 Times
Default

Using a lil bit of rubbing compound with wet cotton waste will take care of these calcification issue, usually a good detailer job also take care of such issues.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 18:14   #1498
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,879
Thanked: 2,233 Times
Default

My Sparky interior needs some cleaning (thanks to beige). door, seat, dash plastics and floor are bit dirty now. Who in bangalore does interior cleaning (incl plastics) at reasonable price?

Also let me know some car care products (small in size!!) that are available in US at good price. One of my colleague is coming on 15th.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th January 2010 at 18:17.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 20:19   #1499
BHPian
 
Roy.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 481
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

I normally avoid washing the car myself during winter. The cold water plays hell with my sinuses. So I had been getting my car pressure washed once a week through December. Obviously this included vacuuming the carpets and a basic dash cleanup as well.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I got the feeling that the car was starting to show the first signs of age. Nothing major, just a lack of overall sheen. 'It has after all been driven 54k km in 24 months', I thought to myself.
So, yesterday I woke up to a glorious bright morning. And what does a true BHPian do on such a morning? Break out the car shampoo, wax, washcloth and related paraphernalia, of course.
3 hours and a lot of huffing and puffing later, the Swift again started to look pretty good again. I gave it a thorough wash and wiped it dry. Most people ignore the dirt settled under the beadings. Cleaning under the beadings took me over half an hour. Then I brushed the upholstery and carpets and sprayed them with upholstery cleaner. 10 mins later I used a stiff brush on them and wiped with a damp sponge mop. The final stage was a thorough clean up of all plastics, inside and outside the car. This does not take too much effort and that was a good thing because my resolve had started to flag.
I have seen cars post 'spa' and 'grooming' treatments and felt that I could achieve 90% of that in my own basement with regular OTC car care products.

To sum it up in a mastercard-ish fashion:
Sonax gloss shampoo - Rs 12 (used 25ml from a 1l bottle mrp Rs300)
3M plast shield - Rs 45 (used about 1/3rd of a 250ml bottle mrp Rs135)
Wurth upholstery cleaner - Rs 250 (used about half a can mrp Rs485)
Sponges, mops & brushes - Rs 200 (can be reused many times)
Torn banian - free
Workout - free
Admiring the car after 3 hours - Priceless!
There are some things money can't buy. Obviously, car care products do not belong to that category.

Last edited by Roy.S : 4th January 2010 at 20:21.
Roy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 22:10   #1500
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My Sparky interior needs some cleaning (thanks to beige). door, seat, dash plastics and floor are bit dirty now. Who in bangalore does interior cleaning (incl plastics) at reasonable price?

Also let me know some car care products (small in size!!) that are available in US at good price. One of my colleague is coming on 15th.
I got my interiors done from 3M guys at hyundai - it was a good job and for about Rs 850, which i feel was value for money as its been 3 months and still the car is very clean
As far as products- what kind are you looking for? Wax, detailer, car wash, microfiber??
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 26 16th September 2017 22:38
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks