Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:07   #4621
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I saw this link for Mother's products sold through eBay.

http://stores.ebay.in/Auto-Mall-India-Online

Pricing seems good.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 14:11   #4622
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,361
Thanked: 3,742 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Is diesel ok for washing the windscreen?
Using diesel to clean the windshield is not a good idea. The wipers efficiency will be seriously affected. Also, it would make the glass vulnerable to the dust and oil to stick on it.

I have seen many use common white toothpaste. It is said to clear the glass real good.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 14:48   #4623
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

@rk sans - We get it here in India!

I get them from in&out at BPCL petrol bunk near my place!

If you dont find it, you can try mother's wheel cleaner from automall or Sonax all wheel cleaner.

Last edited by sohail99 : 12th July 2011 at 14:52.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:43   #4624
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Did anyone notice that the rims are different? Image number 2 is from a different car while the washing images are from a different car.
binoym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 20:14   #4625
BHPian
 
aghosht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 186
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guys - I'm not being lazy - did try and search for how to condition light beige leather seats but am unable to get anything. Some of the threads I did get are here and here but nothing step by step on how to take care from day 1. Would someone be so kind to point me to the right direction.

As from my side the closest I got is here. It has mention of Zaino which is available in India - here's the Zaino India link - anyone tried this with good results. Any other recommendations on how to take care of the seats from day 1?

Last edited by aghosht : 12th July 2011 at 20:15. Reason: spell check
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 12:50   #4626
BHPian
 
aghosht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 186
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

From my preliminary searches I note that there is a difference in caring for "coated" leathers and others that are not coated. Basically for coated leather a conditioner is not useful. For further details click here.
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 00:13   #4627
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 587
Thanked: 188 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I have been using diluted amway shampoo ( 1/4-1/2 cup for a 1 liter of water) in a spray can as an instant detailer for quite a while now and finding it very effective. I typically use the 1.5 liter spray can (pump and spray type) available in shell bunk and use the 3M blue cloth as a weave towel to wipe the water off.

Comparing with instant detailer created out of ONR, would rate it on par if not better. In fact the car shines better with the amway solution than ONR. Though I have not found any issues using it for the last six months, do you guys see any pitfalls in the long run.

For the windshield, I spray the detailer, spread it with a soft sponge and then wipe them with squeege. Finding them much better than the typical glass cleaner like colin.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:23   #4628
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 920
Thanked: 264 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guys,
Any suggestions/comments about this Polisher.
Dodo Juice "Buff Daddy" Dual Action Polisher & FREE pads Elite Car Care
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 12:45   #4629
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 103 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I have been using diluted amway shampoo ( 1/4-1/2 cup for a 1 liter of water) in a spray can as an instant detailer for quite a while now and finding it very effective. I typically use the 1.5 liter spray can (pump and spray type) available in shell bunk and use the 3M blue cloth as a weave towel to wipe the water off.

Comparing with instant detailer created out of ONR, would rate it on par if not better. In fact the car shines better with the amway solution than ONR. Though I have not found any issues using it for the last six months, do you guys see any pitfalls in the long run.

For the windshield, I spray the detailer, spread it with a soft sponge and then wipe them with squeege. Finding them much better than the typical glass cleaner like colin.
The amway shampoo is very effective, and great to use as detailer. I have used it also, but it will need a wet wipe too, unless you have mastered how much dilution to do . I do not see any pitfalls if the dilution is proper.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 22:02   #4630
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thanks sohail. Do we get Eagle one in India or do we need to order thru amazon/autogeek, etc.
Hi , eagle one products are available from x-static concept bangalore you can search forum for contact details or check ebay.in. Hope this helps.
Dr.Gagan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 22:20   #4631
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I saw this link for Mother's products sold through eBay.

http://stores.ebay.in/Auto-Mall-India-Online

Pricing seems good.
Hi Brix try Auto Mall you will save some money
Dr.Gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 23:06   #4632
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 479 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Anyone tried using Armor all for the plastic parts and tyres?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 23:09   #4633
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Anyone tried using Armor all for the plastic parts and tyres?
Thanks Captain, I was just about to post this when I noticed your post.

To add to the list -
Armor all Protectant or Mothers or Meguiars or Formula 1 ==> any personal experience of using these and which one is recommended.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 23:40   #4634
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 479 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thanks Captain, I was just about to post this when I noticed your post.

To add to the list -
Armor all Protectant or Mothers or Meguiars or Formula 1 ==> any personal experience of using these and which one is recommended.
I have used the formula 1 and found it to be average. STP's Son of a Gun gives a much darker finish and the blackness lasts longer.

Im yet to try Armor all Protectant or Mothers.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 08:49   #4635
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 587
Thanked: 188 Times
Default re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The amway shampoo is very effective, and great to use as detailer. I have used it also, but it will need a wet wipe too, unless you have mastered how much dilution to do . I do not see any pitfalls if the dilution is proper.
Thanks Mkh. I am almost on the verge of finding the right dilution
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 25 25th October 2016 15:12
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks