Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 15:48   #7036
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,352
Thanked: 18,923 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Just got my waffle weave microfibre cloth delivered at my home.

Attachment 1062626



Attachment 1062627
That does not look like a waffle weave pattern to me. Looks like a normal micro fibre cloth.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 20:03   #7037
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

That does not look like a waffle weave pattern to me. Looks like a normal micro fibre cloth.
I think you are right. Seems to be a fake. :-(
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 12:49   #7038
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
I think you are right. Seems to be a fake. :-(
My 2 cents:
Using a high quality microfiber is essential- because of a simple reason that it will not scratch the paint either due to cheap lining or linting issues. Microfiber factories use a hot wire system to cut their towels. IF not done properly with a high quality machine it will melt the fabric which turns into plastic.
Also ensure that you wash a new microfiber before using as any lint or chemicals that the microfiber may have come in contact gets washed away. Some of them also run color. You can use this one for wheels and door jambs maybe. Sorry for the longish post but just thought will share some important information that may help next time you decide on buying a microfiber!
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 12:52   #7039
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
My 2 cents:
Using a high quality microfiber is essential- because of a simple reason that it will not scratch the paint either due to cheap lining or linting issues. Microfiber factories use a hot wire system to cut their towels. IF not done properly with a high quality machine it will melt the fabric which turns into plastic.
Also ensure that you wash a new microfiber before using as any lint or chemicals that the microfiber may have come in contact gets washed away. Some of them also run color. You can use this one for wheels and door jambs maybe. Sorry for the longish post but just thought will share some important information that may help next time you decide on buying a microfiber!
thanks brother. i have also got a jopasu mf cloth which i got free with jopasu duster but didn't get time to use it. i wanted another mf cloth to dry the car after washing so i ordered this one. next time i think i should go for meguiars.
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 12:53   #7040
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,352
Thanked: 18,923 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Sorry for the longish post but just thought will share some important information that may help next time you decide on buying a microfiber!
So where do you get decent quality microfiber cloths here? The 3M blue ones are difficult to find but very expensive.

I am looking at some cheaper ones to give to the driver for daily wiping with ONR.

I have the Meguiars supreme shine but reserve those for detailing wipe.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 12:58   #7041
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So where do you get decent quality microfiber cloths here? The 3M blue ones are difficult to find but very expensive.

I am looking at some cheaper ones to give to the driver for daily wiping with ONR.

I have the Meguiars supreme shine but reserve those for detailing wipe.
That is always a dilemma, if we give it to drivers we surely want something that is ok if it gets destroyed fast but then nothing really comes at that price which is good quality too . Megs supreme shine are nice but cost wise i think they are as much as the 3M blue but 3M blue are more durable as they are multi-purpose. Right now choices are surely limited but then some folks have tried Armor All and Jopasu which are cheaper than 3M and megs.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 13:03   #7042
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 498
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

I think 3m blue is the most value for money and multipurpose microfibre available in india
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 13:04   #7043
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 674
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

@Vid6639 You have few options:
i) Optimum (from Eco Car care https://www.facebook.com/ecocarcare) ii)Sonax from Shell bunks or from http://www.carsingh.com/car-accessories/sonax-microfibre-cloth-exterior-49 or X-Static
iii)X-staic from ebay or Snapdeal
iv) Jopasu from Snapdeal, ebay or Reliance automart.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 13:08   #7044
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 498
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
@Vid6639 You have few options:
i) Optimum (from Eco Car care https://www.facebook.com/ecocarcare) ii)Sonax from Shell bunks or from http://www.carsingh.com/car-accessories/sonax-microfibre-cloth-exterior-49 or X-Static
iii)X-staic from ebay or Snapdeal
iv) Jopasu from Snapdeal, ebay or Reliance automart.
Avoid jopasu. Maybe only as interior cleaner ( plastics/seats)
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 13:42   #7045
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Ideally, one should have different towels for
1. Drying
2. Glass Cleaning/Polish removal
3. Buffing/ Quick Detailing
4. Wheels and tires
Investing in a good set works over the long run but towel care is a must to ensure you get the max out of a towel. For that need a good microfiber cleaner and ensure cross contamination does not happen.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 14:22   #7046
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 665
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So where do you get decent quality microfiber cloths here? The 3M blue ones are difficult to find but very expensive.

I am looking at some cheaper ones to give to the driver for daily wiping with ONR.

I have the Meguiars supreme shine but reserve those for detailing wipe.
Considering that cheaper ones are required for the driver's daily wipe, the best option would be Jopasu, its VFM at 230 a piece

X - static ones start linting and losing shape after few uses. Sonax ones are not multipurpose, good for removing wax and polish though.

No experience with the Optimum ones, maybe other members can share their experience !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 14:30   #7047
BHPian
 
KkVaidya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 626
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So where do you get decent quality microfiber cloths here? The 3M blue ones are difficult to find but very expensive.

I am looking at some cheaper ones to give to the driver for daily wiping with ONR.

I have the Meguiars supreme shine but reserve those for detailing wipe.
Warning (from my own experience) : Do not think of handing over just another MF Towel to your Man Friday. Actually they are the ones who will ruin the finish. Better not to think too much for the MF as the finish is more important. Just one wipe with a bad cloth & you will see the damages coming.
Why don't you try EuroW towels (www.bringingbest.in). I find them better then 3M yellow (they are too small).
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 15:00   #7048
BHPian
 
Chris_Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Avoid jopasu. Maybe only as interior cleaner ( plastics/seats)
Any specific reason to avoid Jopasu MF cloth? Since I am using it for a month and do not see any flaws.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 15:03   #7049
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 674
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Why don't you try EuroW towels (www.bringingbest.in). I find them better then 3M yellow (they are too small).
Totally forgot about the Eurow. This is the most VFM towel below 200 bucks.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 15:30   #7050
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 956
Thanked: 540 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

What would be best product for Chrome parts and easily available in India ? Specially tried and tested product.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 26 16th September 2017 22:38
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks