Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 04:08   #7426
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 2,375 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Problem with PERL is when you apply it, it gives you a WOW effect. Wait for 15-30 minutes then most of that WOW effect disappears. I used undiluted PERL BTW.

I've used PERL before on the trim of my bike as well as the car, it lasted a month; it gets washed off in rains.

Since CarPro products work for plastics, I'm hoping to get a bottle of Dlux soon
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 06:41   #7427
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Problem with PERL is when you apply it, it gives you a WOW effect. Wait for 15-30 minutes then most of that WOW effect disappears. I used undiluted PERL BTW.

I've used PERL before on the trim of my bike as well as the car, it lasted a month; it gets washed off in rains.

Since CarPro products work for plastics, I'm hoping to get a bottle of Dlux soon
The problem you are facing maybe because you are using undiluted. This happened to even Cee Dog when he applied neat. I guess this is because the product requires water to be activated in order to feed the plastic and Ive used it in 1:3 ratio and still the black hasnt disappared after a day. Used it on my Karcher equipment too which faces a lot of abuse. That ought to let us know how durable its going to be.

The pictures shown above are of the evening on the day PERL was applied. I did it at 5pm and this must have been taken around 11:15 pm as I was showing them to another bhpian. So that was a good 6 hours after application.

The company claimed durability is upto 3 months. Id be happy if it lasts me even a month. If only it had rained yesterday, wouldve been a nice test for this product.

Btw how are you gonna get the DLux? I thought it was only sold to certified detailers just like Cquartz finest due to the caution that should be practised while applying them. It will be great if you are able to lay your hands on some and show us the results in Indian conditions .

P.s theres a misalignment of sentences in my previous post. The engine bay has been detailed in March with Hyperdresser and hasnt been cleaned since then. The image was to show even hyper dresser attracts less dust over a period of time, as compared to what it couldve been if the plastics werent dressed.

The only issue with Hyperdresser is it doesnt seem to work well with faded trim as does PERL. So I shall continue to use both; one for faded trim and the other for relatively fresh looking plastics and save money in the long run

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 28th May 2013 at 06:52.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 07:55   #7428
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 2,375 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
The problem you are facing maybe because you are using undiluted. This happened to even Cee Dog when he applied neat. I guess this is because the product requires water to be activated in order to feed the plastic and Ive used it in 1:3 ratio and still the black hasnt disappared after a day. Used it on my Karcher equipment too which faces a lot of abuse. That ought to let us know how durable its going to be.

The pictures shown above are of the evening on the day PERL was applied. I did it at 5pm and this must have been taken around 11:15 pm as I was showing them to another bhpian. So that was a good 6 hours after application.
I used PERL in 1:1 dilution before and was not impressed, went back to using it neat. Think I'll give diluted application one more try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Btw how are you gonna get the DLux? I thought it was only sold to certified detailers just like Cquartz finest due to the caution that should be practised while applying them. It will be great if you are able to lay your hands on some and show us the results in Indian conditions .
I thought it was on sale to general public since some time?

http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 08:14   #7429
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

I used PERL in 1:1 dilution before and was not impressed, went back to using it neat. Think I'll give diluted application one more try.

I thought it was on sale to general public since some time?

http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html
I guess 1:1 works good for tyres. But the problem with these coatings is one rain and everything goes for a toss. Thus Im sticking to Hyperdressing for the tyres as its more cost effective to reapply every two or three weeks on the tyres. I use it in 1:4 for the satin or matte finish.

I must have mistook it for some other CarPro chemical. I know finest isnt sold for thr general public. Sorry for the wrong information there.

How about Gtechniq trim restore? I think it costs about the same as Dlux? Do try them out and give us your opinion of the same. They are claiming upto 1 year~6 months would be a better expectation. If less than that, im just going to stick to these dressings.

Any plans to try out glass coatings on your Palio? Or like me you dont like the prospect of not being able to detail your paint for upto a year or more. Lol.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 09:26   #7430
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 2,375 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How about Gtechniq trim restore? I think it costs about the same as Dlux? Do try them out and give us your opinion of the same. They are claiming upto 1 year~6 months would be a better expectation. If less than that, im just going to stick to these dressings.
I haven't yet looked in depth on coatings for plastics yet - will look and order soon, but for now Dlux looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Any plans to try out glass coatings on your Palio? Or like me you dont like the prospect of not being able to detail your paint for upto a year or more. Lol.
I'm strictly a carnauba guy who likes to wax every week, if not every day I tried sealants and hated the sealant look. However, I'm getting two syringes of Opticoat 2.0 this week. You never know

Meanwhile some more pics :

Palio:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1236.cr2.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1237.cr2.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-car.jpg

Karizma:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1039.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1047.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1218.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1219.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 10:25   #7431
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

I haven't yet looked in depth on coatings for plastics yet - will look and order soon, but for now Dlux looks good.

I'm strictly a carnauba guy who likes to wax every week, if not every day I tried sealants and hated the sealant look. However, I'm getting two syringes of Opticoat 2.0 this week. You never know

Meanwhile some more pics :

Palio:

Karizma:
That palio deserves a scenic location for a photoshoot. Just so mouth wateringly beautiful.

For a carnauba guy, opti coat must be the absolute nightmare. And what are you going to do with those two syringes? One I can recommend is opti coat the roof. Thats the most painful part on my car to do. Ive a plan for either CQUK or Opticoat for the roof after a few months. This will ensure I dont have to bother much about the roof for atleast a year or even more hehehe.

"The look of sealants, hate you not, but their ease of application."- couldnt resist the Yoda reference.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 11:23   #7432
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 2,375 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
For a carnauba guy, opti coat must be the absolute nightmare. And what are you going to do with those two syringes? One I can recommend is opti coat the roof. Thats the most painful part on my car to do. Ive a plan for either CQUK or Opticoat for the roof after a few months. This will ensure I dont have to bother much about the roof for atleast a year or even more hehehe.
EXACTLY! My plan is to use it for the roof only for the car - plus the Karizma panels since it takes everyday abuse.

Why 2 syringes? Because I got a good deal plus I got 2 syringes from USA for less than the price of one being sold by the Indian distributors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
"The look of sealants, hate you not, but their ease of application."- couldnt resist the Yoda reference.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 12:12   #7433
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

EXACTLY! My plan is to use it for the roof only for the car - plus the Karizma panels since it takes everyday abuse.

Why 2 syringes? Because I got a good deal plus I got 2 syringes from USA for less than the price of one being sold by the Indian distributors.
But 2 syringes will be able to coat atleast 4 to 5 cars and maybe even 6 or 7 if you utilise each drop. For the roof you'll require very less. And even lesser for the bike. So what do you plan to do with the rest of the OptiCoat? any plans to distribute?

Id suggest not to OC the palio fully as that car deserves tons of sweet carnauba.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 15:23   #7434
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,561
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Post Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Is there any spray on (pressure washer spray) wax that is available in india ?

I am referring to the ones available at coin operated / self servce car washes in US / UK / Australia. I have heard about an MR200 wax but it is not available in india.

These waxes are supposed to the used in the rinse water and would bead away water droplets.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 16:47   #7435
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,748
Thanked: 1,071 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is there any spray on (pressure washer spray) wax that is available in india ?

I am referring to the ones available at coin operated / self servce car washes in US / UK / Australia.
Why do you actually want to use the wax in a pressure washer? Isn't the wax highly likely to dry/stick up if you do not buff at the earliest? I use the Eagle One Superior Nanowax spray in small areas and buff up immediately. Found it quite good for a couple of weeks or more wash, though they claim it lasting a 6 months!


Last edited by thoma : 28th May 2013 at 16:49.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 17:03   #7436
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,561
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Why do you actually want to use the wax in a pressure washer? Isn't the wax highly likely to dry/stick up if you do not buff at the earliest? I use the Eagle One Superior Nanowax spray in small areas and buff up immediately. Found it quite good for a couple of weeks or more wash, though they claim it lasting a 6 months!
Right - I did not think of that but if it would stick inside the equipment, I am sure the coin operated wash company will not invest in it as maintenance would become cumbersome.

I think this wax just helps to bead out water and not really used as a protectant wax. Experts please comment on this.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 23:46   #7437
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
...
Btw how are you gonna get the DLux? I thought it was only sold to certified detailers just like Cquartz finest due to the caution that should be practised while applying them. It will be great if you are able to lay your hands on some and show us the results in Indian conditions .

...
CQuartz DLUX is not sold only to certified detailers, i have bought it myself and have tested it just to get a little hands on, not a full application
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 17:40   #7438
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 612
Thanked: 588 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Does anybody know where can I buy the following in India:

1. Opti-Coat
2. Ultima Paint Guard Plus
3. Chemical Guys V7
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 19:29   #7439
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 473
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Does anybody know where can I buy the following in India:

1. Opti-Coat
2. Ultima Paint Guard Plus
3. Chemical Guys V7
You answered it in one of your previous posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
MKH here is the authorized is the authorized distributor for Sonus, Ultima and Four Star Products. He should have some Sonus clay which is very good quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
The following post by el lobo might also be useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I was browsing through to find new car care products for my Pearl Black Vento and was surprised to see Ultimate Detailerz website listing various products available with them.

Good move my them as we can know the price of products, then and there itself.

Link.

Note: I'm no way associated with UD in any way.

Last edited by alstonlobo : 30th May 2013 at 19:40.
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 20:13   #7440
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 612
Thanked: 588 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo

You answered it in one of your previous posts

The following post by el lobo might also be useful
LOL. I know that MKH here is the seller for Ultima.
What I meant to ask is if any online shop Sells all of these brands in India.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 26 16th September 2017 22:38
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks