Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:54   #7876
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,082
Thanked: 529 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
there is no use of 845 over Meguiars Ultimate Polish , it will not bond and durability will be very less due to oily nature of Meguiars Ultimate Polish.
I got my new car (Blue Figo) treated at 3M about 2 months back and I have been washing it once a week with just water and cleaning with a microfibre cloth with the Jopasu duster for regular dusting.

In spite of this I see minor swirl marks starting to appear and have just bought the Meguires Car wash and ultimate polish. I'm confused on the wax part...

1) Will ultimate polish remove the existing wax coating on the car ?
2) After ultimate polish it is recommended to wax. Which wax will be the best, since I was planning on Collinite 845 going by the reviews, but your comment here is making me think !
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:59   #7877
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Which Car You Own ??? Try to Use Cleaners Like Meguiars Apc or Optimum Power Clean in proper dilution ratios Prior to any leather Conditioner , it will defiantly help to bring back the original color
you can view the car and the seat covers here (Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review)....they are not exactly leather but art leather from Dolphin brand.

I just ordered this a few minutes ago from snapdeal. will this suffice or do you still think i should go for meguiars apc or optimum power clean ?
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:35   #7878
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 782
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I got my new car (Blue Figo) treated at 3M about 2 months back and I have been washing it once a week with just water and cleaning with a microfibre cloth with the Jopasu duster for regular dusting.

In spite of this I see minor swirl marks starting to appear and have just bought the Meguires Car wash and ultimate polish. I'm confused on the wax part...

1) Will ultimate polish remove the existing wax coating on the car ?
2) After ultimate polish it is recommended to wax. Which wax will be the best, since I was planning on Collinite 845 going by the reviews, but your comment here is making me think !
Since You Already Have Ultimate Polish , Dont Buy 845 and go With Nxt Paste Wax. It will not have the bonding issues with ultimate polish and will protect your car.

Use Quick Detailers/ Orw Wash And Wax to Wipe down The Car Between The Washes.
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:44   #7879
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,082
Thanked: 529 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Since You Already Have Ultimate Polish , Dont Buy 845 and go With Nxt Paste Wax. It will not have the bonding issues with ultimate polish and will protect your car.

Use Quick Detailers/ Orw Wash And Wax to Wipe down The Car Between The Washes.
Thanks for the quick reply. I see Nxt Paste wax is quite expensive @ Rs. 1450. Do you have any idea on Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow Liquid wax ?

Any other alternatives that are a little cheaper to buy ?
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:05   #7880
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 782
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I see Nxt Paste wax is quite expensive @ Rs. 1450. Do you have any idea on Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow Liquid wax ?

Any other alternatives that are a little cheaper to buy ?
i know its expensive but that tub will last long and really long if you apply it correctly , Megs No 26 is only available in gallon here in india afaik.

please check with local distributor
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:16   #7881
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyd
Posts: 242
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
i know its expensive but that tub will last long and really long if you apply it correctly , Megs No 26 is only available in gallon here in india afaik.

please check with local distributor
473ml bottle of Megs No 26 is available here. Can this be used on top of Ultimate Polish? Or any other liquid wax that goes with Ultimate Polish?
asdfvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:17   #7882
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,082
Thanked: 529 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
... Megs No 26 is only available in gallon here in india afaik.

please check with local distributor
Autofresh has a 473 ml bottle for ~ 700 including shipping.
http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car-care/meguiars-hi-tech-yellow-liquid-wax-473ml/p-11420-83069923325-cat.html


Is this worth it ? This is going to be my first polishing & waxing experience and will be doing this by hand, so will need something that is easy to use.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:46   #7883
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 604
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
473ml bottle of Megs No 26 is available here. Can this be used on top of Ultimate Polish? Or any other liquid wax that goes with Ultimate Polish?
I've personally used C845 on top of Meg's UP. No problem with bonding. Works perfectly. May be because C845 is a liquid wax (hybrid) and is quite solvent heavy which dissolves anything underneath it! You can try C845 on some tar spots and see the result - it dissolves them with ease.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:31   #7884
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyd
Posts: 242
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I've personally used C845 on top of Meg's UP. No problem with bonding. Works perfectly. May be because C845 is a liquid wax (hybrid) and is quite solvent heavy which dissolves anything underneath it! You can try C845 on some tar spots and see the result - it dissolves them with ease.
Thanks for this info Archat. Did the filling effect of UP remained after topping with C845?

Regards.
asdfvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:43   #7885
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 604
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

There was not much swirl on my car when I used UP last time (the car was repainted a few month back). Also, the car being white hides swirls better. But I did not notice much difference. I had also used Poorboys White Diamond glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-whi...how-glaze.html) after applying UP but in any case I didn't notice any difference in my layman's eyes.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:39   #7886
BHPian
 
hungrygamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Anybody checked out this site

https://www.detailedclean.in/

The product range looked awesome, though I believe this site has not been launched yet
hungrygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:21   #7887
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,660
Thanked: 803 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Anybody checked out this site

https://www.detailedclean.in/

The product range looked awesome, though I believe this site has not been launched yet
Looks like a sister site of this one: http://www.detailedclean.co.uk/
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:59   #7888
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyd
Posts: 242
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Anybody checked out this site

https://www.detailedclean.in/

The product range looked awesome, though I believe this site has not been launched yet
Google directed me to this site yesterday while I was searching for Poorboys glaze. The link listed the 16oz bottle at Rs.100. The moment I saw this price, I left the site assuming this is one of those non functional test sites.

Edit: Now when I search the site for "glaze" several products are displayed and all of those cost 100pounds including Poorboys glaze. But when any of these links are followed, it shows Rs.100/-.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 3rd September 2013 at 20:04.
asdfvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:14   #7889
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 1,623 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Autofresh has a 473 ml bottle for ~ 700 including shipping.
http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car-care/meguiars-hi-tech-yellow-liquid-wax-473ml/p-11420-83069923325-cat.html


Is this worth it ? This is going to be my first polishing & waxing experience and will be doing this by hand, so will need something that is easy to use.
I use M26 extensively and love it!

an example with M26 on my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3191408

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3191906
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:12   #7890
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 722
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
listed the 16oz bottle at Rs.100. The moment I saw this price, I left the site assuming this is one of those non functional test sites.

Edit: Now when I search the site for "glaze" several products are displayed and all of those cost 100pounds including Poorboys glaze. But when any of these links are followed, it shows Rs.100/-.
The site itself says that "prices are not correct, check out disabled" See screenshot below
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1.jpg

Their FB page says that the product shipments are on the way and sales will start soon.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 25 25th October 2016 15:12
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks