Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 15:56   #7996
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: India
Posts: 348
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Meg's UP is one of the most aggressive compounds from Meg's.
Check out this post by Mike Phillips:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...l=1#post281363

You can try Meg's swirlx or sonus swirlbuster fro swirl removal.
If you want a paint cleaner you may use Sonus paintwork cleanser.
Thanks. And what about the light scratches? Paint is intact but I can see some scratches are visible. If not the compound then how do I deal with them. Paint cleanser and polish it seems won't work and compound needs to be avoided as its probably affecting my paint in the absence of a clear cut
torque18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 16:27   #7997
BHPian
 
surd_biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Meg's UP is one of the most aggressive compounds from Meg's.
Check out this post by Mike Phillips:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...l=1#post281363

You can try Meg's swirlx or sonus swirlbuster fro swirl removal.
If you want a paint cleaner you may use Sonus paintwork cleanser.
Megs UP is less aggressive than Megs UC and swirlx . It is a polish with SMAT.
Swilrx will be more aggressive than UP coz it is aimed at removing swirls.
Megs UC > megs Siwlrx > UP in that order.
surd_biker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 17:16   #7998
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,752
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Thanks. And what about the light scratches? Paint is intact but I can see some scratches are visible. If not the compound then how do I deal with them. Paint cleanser and polish it seems won't work and compound needs to be avoided as its probably affecting my paint in the absence of a clear cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Megs UP is less aggressive than Megs UC and swirlx . It is a polish with SMAT.
Swilrx will be more aggressive than UP coz it is aimed at removing swirls.
Megs UC > megs Siwlrx > UP in that order.
I stand corrected - I misread ultimate polish as ultimate compound and mentioned the above link.
UP is indeed a polish and far less aggressive than UC.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 18:02   #7999
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 610
Thanked: 590 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

This is how the Meguiar's polishes are graded in terms of "Cut". From left to right, most aggressive to least aggressive.
Attached Images
 
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:48   #8000
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 2,539 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Since I drove down to chennai and brought few sealants and waxes with me, tried them on a friend's palio:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20131006_153004.jpg

Name:  IMG_20131006_152939.JPG
Views: 1513
Size:  184.1 KB
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 15:23   #8001
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Meguiars seems to have come up with a waterless wash solution - 'Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere' . Saw this in Autofresh.in 's catalog. http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car...20-22734148999

Also find details here: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Ultim.../dp/B006FUT0CS

800 rs for around 3-4 cars seem to be on the expensive side. Anyone has used this? Any reviews?
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 18:07   #8002
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Meguiars seems to have come up with a waterless wash solution - 'Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere' . Saw this in Autofresh.in 's catalog. http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car...20-22734148999

Also find details here: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Ultim.../dp/B006FUT0CS

800 rs for around 3-4 cars seem to be on the expensive side. Anyone has used this? Any reviews?
Thats very expensive. Much cheaper (and probably better) is Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. It cost about 1750 for 16oz (~500ml) bottle but you only need 15ml concentrate to add to 500ml water to make a waterless wash detailer! This 500 ml detailer lasts about 3 sessions on my Vento (I do this every weekend.) Hence each waterless wash (and wax as UWW leaves a very deep gloss) costs me roughly Rs 20! Yes only TWENTY rupees!

I am a big fan. Best detailing product I've ever used.
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 19:19   #8003
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 887
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Thats very expensive. Much cheaper (and probably better) is Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. It cost about 1750 for 16oz (~500ml) bottle but you only need 15ml concentrate to add to 500ml water to make a waterless wash detailer! This 500 ml detailer lasts about 3 sessions on my Vento (I do this every weekend.) Hence each waterless wash (and wax as UWW leaves a very deep gloss) costs me roughly Rs 20! Yes only TWENTY rupees!

I am a big fan. Best detailing product I've ever used.
Can you provide a link to where this product can be purchased. I am interested in purchasing it.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 19:25   #8004
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 408 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

Can you provide a link to where this product can be purchased. I am interested in purchasing it.
Bought it from Mohsin Khan (ultimate detailerz) he is also a bhpian and has his own thread here as well as presence on Facebook. Try messaging him on Facebook.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 23:58   #8005
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 961 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Can you provide a link to where this product can be purchased. I am interested in purchasing it.
Head over to below link to know more about the product and how you can purchase it.

Link.

Note: I'm no way related to UD, just sharing link to help fellow bhpian.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 18:23   #8006
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hey everyone,

So I bought the Optimum Wash and Wax Rinseless solutions from Sanjay (BB Impex) sometime ago, and have been pretty happy with the way the car's looking. Whats even greater is that you end saving alot of water while washing two cars with the solution.

Now since I'm not too sure if Wash and Wax should be used everyday - I've been looking at other rinseless solutions available in the market and came across these - WashDrops - on eBay.

I know that Optimum has a normal Rinseless Wash also available, but this one is significantly cheaper. Has anyone come across this brand anywhere or used it before? Seems to be pretty decent reviews, more so because it environmentally friendly.

Appreciate the help!
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 18:25   #8007
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 408 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hey everyone,

So I bought the Optimum Wash and Wax Rinseless solutions from Sanjay (BB Impex) sometime ago, and have been pretty happy with the way the car's looking. Whats even greater is that you end saving alot of water while washing two cars with the solution.

Now since I'm not too sure if Wash and Wax should be used everyday - I've been looking at other rinseless solutions available in the market and came across these - WashDrops - on eBay.

I know that Optimum has a normal Rinseless Wash also available, but this one is significantly cheaper. Has anyone come across this brand anywhere or used it before? Seems to be pretty decent reviews, more so because it environmentally friendly.

Appreciate the help!
I have used it. Most likely it is fake! I'd say avoid it!
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 19:56   #8008
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 30
Thanked: Once
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

hey guys, I am new to this detailing game, I need to clean and polish my 1 yr old black color car along with some scratches, below are the steps I intend to go ahead with

Washing and shampooing the car - product Amway Car Shampoo or ONR
Claying, it with a clay bar - product Meguiars Clay bar
Scratch removal using Meguiars Scratch 2.0
Final step, waxing using a paste wax - product Collinite 845

please tell me if I have to alter any step and are the selected products appropriate for the job.

cheers
lastmanstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 20:34   #8009
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,752
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstanding View Post
hey guys, I am new to this detailing game, I need to clean and polish my 1 yr old black color car along with some scratches, below are the steps I intend to go ahead with

Washing and shampooing the car - product Amway Car Shampoo or ONR
Claying, it with a clay bar - product Meguiars Clay bar
Scratch removal using Meguiars Scratch 2.0
Final step, waxing using a paste wax - product Collinite 845

please tell me if I have to alter any step and are the selected products appropriate for the job.

cheers
You might want to do a polish or paint cleaning in between your defect fix and wax steps.

Anything from this page should be great as a paint cleaner if you have no serious defects - http://www.autogeek.net/prewaxpolishes.html

Also - Collinite 845 is more liquid than paste - and a little C845 goes a long way!
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 07:59   #8010
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Is there a shop where I can different brands of detailing products in Bangalore?

I am looking for:
  • Clay bar
  • Meguiars multi-purpose cleaning solution
  • Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

The online shops on FB are a waste of time as they don't have anything in stock.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 26 16th September 2017 22:38
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks