Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 05:22   #8746
BHPian
 
RiGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
When you buy it don't go by the recommended dilution by the manufacturer. Instead use 5ml only for 2 litres of water.
Any specific reason for that? And you're using 500 ml spray bottles right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As for shampoo i will suggest Muc-off car shampoo. 1 litre bottle costed me 500 something bucks. Only 5ml is required for the 4-5 litre bucket to wash.
Could you provide me with the link for the same? At ebay the cost for 1L is around Rs.700 excluding shipping.

Anyone else vouching for Muc-off + Proklear Xtreme combo?

Would appreciate some response from Amway users
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 10:03   #8747
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,155
Thanked: 461 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post

Any specific reason for that? And you're using 500 ml spray bottles right?

Could you provide me with the link for the same? At ebay the cost for 1L is around Rs.700 excluding shipping.

Anyone else vouching for Muc-off + Proklear Xtreme combo?

Would appreciate some response from Amway users
Proklear is widely used by many people on other forums. They have come up with this ratio after trials. Any more than this and it gets sticky. Ya, I use 500ml spray bottles.

I got it from eBay only. Price must have increased. Use a discount coupon. Otherwise buy Amway as it's a good shampoo too.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 13:47   #8748
BHPian
 
MunnabhaiMBBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 273
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Proklear RAW Xtreme Rinseless as my first waterless wash. Anyone here using it?
Am using it since last month. Requires only a liter of water for washing my Wagon-R. As stated by Harry, ideal dilution ratio is 1:100. It works really well. PM me if you require more information.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 18:09   #8749
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Am using it since last month. Requires only a liter of water for washing my Wagon-R. As stated by Harry, ideal dilution ratio is 1:100. It works really well. PM me if you require more information.
1:100 is the same as 5ml per half liter.
I am using Proklear RAW regular variant (not the Xtreme one). A half liter spray soln is more than enough for one wash of my Wagon R.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 02:32   #8750
BHPian
 
RiGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Proklear is widely used by many people on other forums. They have come up with this ratio after trials. Any more than this and it gets sticky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Am using it since last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
I am using Proklear RAW regular variant (not the Xtreme one). A half liter spray soln is more than enough for one wash of my Wagon R.
Couple of queries guys :

1) What's the major difference between Xtreme and regular variant? Should I go for the Xtreme variant? or is the regular one more than enough?

2) Is the ideal dilution ratio for regular as well as Xtreme same? (5ml for 2 litres)
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 03:00   #8751
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,155
Thanked: 461 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post

Couple of queries guys :

1) What's the major difference between Xtreme and regular variant? Should I go for the Xtreme variant? or is the regular one more than enough?

2) Is the ideal dilution ratio for regular as well as Xtreme same? (5ml for 2 litres)
1. I have both. Xtreme cleans better. Shine is more or less same. Imo take the regular one which is more than enough.

2. In Regular use dilution 5ml in 1 litre water.

Last edited by harry10 : 12th August 2014 at 03:01.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 12:05   #8752
BHPian
 
MunnabhaiMBBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 273
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Couple of queries guys :

1) What's the major difference between Xtreme and regular variant? Should I go for the Xtreme variant? or is the regular one more than enough?

2) Is the ideal dilution ratio for regular as well as Xtreme same? (5ml for 2 litres)
I found Xtreme to be more effective. You can start off with 5ml / liter and if required, you can +/- in subsequent sessions. Let us know your feedback.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 12:14   #8753
BHPian
 
KkVaidya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 592
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
I have bought a Collinate 845 Insulator wax and tried for the first time in my Ford Falcon XR6

It is one if the best I ever used.So neat and clean after the polishing .Love the product.Real value for money.
Real good finish I must say.
Did you apply the wax by hand or you used a buffer for application?
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 12:24   #8754
BHPian
 
BinFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane,AUS
Posts: 107
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hi KkVaidya

Thanks for the mail.Yes ,I did it with hand .An exercise for you as well .

But a very good product indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Real good finish I must say.
Did you apply the wax by hand or you used a buffer for application?
BinFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 23:23   #8755
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hi fellow BHPians,

I am looking to buy a polish/AIO for my 8 month old Terrano (bronze grey). Its in a decent condition as I wash it myself once in two weeks with Jopasu and ONR doing their duty during the hectic weekdays. Lately I have been noticing swirls and hard water spots at various places. I am looking for suggestions on the right product. Below are the ones that i have shortlisted so far:

Poorboys black hole - easily available
Autoglym SRP- really want to go for this but unable to find it
Meguiars Ultimate polish

I would be using Collinite 845 as LSP/sealant after the polish, hoping all the above ones would be compatible with it.

Thanks.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 23:54   #8756
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

I am looking to buy a polish/AIO for my 8 month old Terrano (bronze grey). Its in a decent condition as I wash it myself once in two weeks with Jopasu and ONR doing their duty during the hectic weekdays. Lately I have been noticing swirls and hard water spots at various places. I am looking for suggestions on the right product. Below are the ones that i have shortlisted so far:

Poorboys black hole - easily available
Autoglym SRP- really want to go for this but unable to find it
Meguiars Ultimate polish

I would be using Collinite 845 as LSP/sealant after the polish, hoping all the above ones would be compatible with it.

Thanks.
Collinite does not bond with AIO. So you need to look at solvent heavy sealant like black fire or four star upp to serve as LSP after the AIO
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 10:58   #8757
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Hey Gurus, I have a slightly different requirement. Need suggestion for protecting my road bike. I bought a Btwin Riverside 3 Hybrid road bike. What diy sealant or compounds you recommend. Please consider the stickering on the cycle while recommending solutions as some seem to need abrasive coats first. Also would like to have suggestions on water less maintenance. I would prefer diy solutions by buying the stuff online.

Recommendations please.
vishnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 20:34   #8758
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 197 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Hey Gurus, I have a slightly different requirement. Need suggestion for protecting my road bike. I bought a Btwin Riverside 3 Hybrid road bike. What diy sealant or compounds you recommend. Please consider the stickering on the cycle while recommending solutions as some seem to need abrasive coats first. Also would like to have suggestions on water less maintenance. I would prefer diy solutions by buying the stuff online.

Recommendations please.
For rinse less go with ONR or UWW. As for as a sealant is concerned, you have plenty of options just pick what suits you, you can refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-sealants.html (All about Car Waxes & Sealants).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Collinite does not bond with AIO. So you need to look at solvent heavy sealant like black fire or four star upp to serve as LSP after the AIO
Collinite 845 is as solvent heavy as other two mentioned here if not more.

Moreover when one uses a filler heavy polish like AG SRP or Blackhole, its better to use an LSP which has less solvents to preserve the fillers as much as possible.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 08:23   #8759
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post

Collinite 845 is as solvent heavy as other two mentioned here if not more.

Moreover when one uses a filler heavy polish like AG SRP or Blackhole, its better to use an LSP which has less solvents to preserve the fillers as much as possible.
Thank you Manju.
Did not know collinite was solvent heavy. But still it has problems in bonding with Aio.

Which sealant do you recommend to put on top of AIO?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 22:34   #8760
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 443
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guy need some help with a gum issue. I had participated in one of the M&M's events, during which they had put the stickers on the doors. I was able to remove most of the sticker post the event. However, a good amount of gum is still there. Tried using Amorall wax and shine car wash as well as Armorall Liquid polish. But couldnt do much. Dint want to put too much pressure and result in some major damage to the paint. So any technique or products that can be used to clean this without any damage to the paint or clear coating. Else will have to get some professional help to clean it up.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140817_155622.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140817_155644.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140817_155718.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140817_155759.jpg  

fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Mixed experience: Car detailing & cleaning from Carzippi.com rajeshsundaram Modifications & Accessories 0 1st February 2016 23:07
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai) renney.varghese Mumbai 62 19th November 2015 17:18
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks