Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 16:27   #1021
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

I use both these Formula 1 products. Happy with the results
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 16:57   #1022
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Here are the results obtained with the above products. There was a light scratch which was also removed with this. the gloss and feel of the paint was smooooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I use both these Formula 1 products. Happy with the results
Many claim that products like "wash and wax" which contains wax or polishes in the shampoo attract dust after the vehicle is washed, Have you guys experienced that? I bought a 1ltr. bottle of sonax shampoo meant for frequent use for 195Rs. at metro. Very satisfied with the results.
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 17:16   #1023
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,859
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Here are the results obtained with the above products. There was a light scratch which was also removed with this. the gloss and feel of the paint was smooooth.
Good One.
What is the price?

One is wax and another one is Wash and wax.correct.

which one is correct?

Wash and Wax doesn't do any harm to the car waxing.it only cleans the dirt and not the wax applied.

OR

By using the wash and wax,it cleans dirts and leave a film of wax in the car and makes the car glam.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 20:12   #1024
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Good One.
What is the price?

One is wax and another one is Wash and wax.correct. the licquid is called 'wash and wax'. it is nothing but a good car shampoo. the flat tin is the carnauba wax which makes the big difference. how do I make this statement???
I got my brand new dzire (1 month 3700 km) and washed it after each of my long trips with the "wash and wax" It did a good job of cleaning the car and left an OK shine. then after my bangy trip i got the car pressure washed and then put on the carnauba wax on front door. called wife and asked her to check the difference of touch (not looks) between the waxd part and an unwaxed part and she said "wow its super smooth". This effect actually causes water to bead on the surface. looks wise there is not much difference esp on a silver car. could be much more differnce on a dark colour car.

which one is correct?

Wash and Wax doesn't do any harm to the car waxing.it only cleans the dirt and not the wax applied. probabaly true

OR

By using the wash and wax,it cleans dirts and leave a film of wax in the car and makes the car glam. not really, it leaves it shining but not the wax "feel". In fact the container says "adds a carnauba shine as it washes"
my remarks in bold.
akshay dust doesn't get attracted to any surface. it just falls evenly on everything
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 21:20   #1025
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Found abel auto's Products

I called up Xenos branch office in Bangalore to check if they stock abel auto's products(belongs to turtle wax), and the guy said he has almost all the products at his store, I'm visiting the store to grab a liquid wax, If anybody needs anything drop me a PM, I can ship it to your place.

Check Xenos (the site will be down most of the time)

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2009 at 13:11. Reason: As requested
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 12:55   #1026
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,759
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I called up Xenos branch office in Bangalore to check if they stock abel auto's products
akshay,

Will be great if you can put up the address of this dealer. People in BLR including myself will benefit from it. I'm planning on picking up some wax as I'm almost done with my stock of 3M and F1's wax.

Thanks in advance,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 13:13   #1027
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
akshay,

Will be great if you can put up the address of this dealer. People in BLR including myself will benefit from it. I'm planning on picking up some wax as I'm almost done with my stock of 3M and F1's wax.

Thanks in advance,
gpa
Xenos technologies:
# 230/15, Sri Ranga dhama Ground floor,
5th cross, 9th main, 2nd block Jayanagar,
Bangalore - 560011.
Ph:9008355999(srikanth)

(This is the main office and they do not sell products to end users, After a lot of talking, these people agreed to give me a wax bottle day after tomorrow)

Authorized distributor for abel auto products:

Sound zone
2nd left from minerva circle,
opp. Star complex.
Ph.9900129313

Told me to visit his shop after 3PM.

@gpa: I'm going to sound zone at around 3PM, You can join me if you're free.
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 13:26   #1028
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,759
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
@gpa: I'm going to sound zone at around 3PM, You can join me if you're free.
akshay,

Thanks for this prompt response buddy! I won't be able to make it as I work till 5.30 pm. However, I will be scouring the lanes of JC Road this weekend as I need to pick up some oil and other things for my car's 20k service, so will visit this place then.

Push for a discount and tell him that he will get more customers if his products are good!

Also looking forward to your review on the product once you purchase it.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 14:32   #1029
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 445
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

wanting to clean the beige carpet in the headboard ( roof section). Would like to do some DIY stuff . Have read about some aerosol foam sprays used for carpet cleaning and to be dried with Vacum cleaner . Help required Pls suggest
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 18:38   #1030
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post

looking forward to your review on the product once you purchase it.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,
gpa
The sound zone guy called me and told that the stocks are over and will get the new stock, About 50 bottles of abel auto liquid wax on Saturday from Chennai.
If the sound zone guy doesn't get them on Saturday we can get in touch with the Xenos branch office.
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 19:57   #1031
BHPian
 
stefanm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 212
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
The sound zone guy called me and told that the stocks are over and will get the new stock, About 50 bottles of abel auto liquid wax on Saturday from Chennai.
If the sound zone guy doesn't get them on Saturday we can get in touch with the Xenos branch office.

I hope you get hold of the stuff Akshay, it's still holding good on my car, the beading of water is still one of the best i've seen, will be washing it again on Saturday and expect it to shine nicely

Ok now i'm in the market for some tyre shine, i wish i had picked it up in Bombay, after seeing the results of the Abel liquid wax, i would like to try their tyre dressing, it may be a hard task here in Goa though, what is a good product readily available that will last a week or so?
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 22:38   #1032
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
I hope you get hold of the stuff Akshay, it's still holding good on my car, the beading of water is still one of the best i've seen, will be washing it again on Saturday and expect it to shine nicely

Ok now i'm in the market for some tyre shine, i wish i had picked it up in Bombay, after seeing the results of the Abel liquid wax, i would like to try their tyre dressing, it may be a hard task here in Goa though, what is a good product readily available that will last a week or so?
Yup, I finally found them That's really good, your reviews make me want to buy bottles of abel auto wax for the whole decade.

About tire shine, I use formula 1 protectant which can be used on rubber, plastics and dash board, I cannot tell you the results as i've never used a standalone tire shine. But the shine and the depth of the black on the tires are amazing, lasts for more than a week. 315ml for 199Rs.

Formula 1 - Interior Products

You can also try F1 tire care products which are widely available

Formula 1 - Wheel Care

Last edited by akshay_b : 27th August 2009 at 22:48.
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 00:27   #1033
BHPian
 
stefanm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 212
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Yup, I finally found them That's really good, your reviews make me want to buy bottles of abel auto wax for the whole decade.

About tire shine, I use formula 1 protectant which can be used on rubber, plastics and dash board, I cannot tell you the results as i've never used a standalone tire shine. But the shine and the depth of the black on the tires are amazing, lasts for more than a week. 315ml for 199Rs.

Formula 1 - Interior Products

You can also try F1 tire care products which are widely available

Formula 1 - Wheel Care
Thanks Akshay, I have some of the f1 protectanct, will give it a try when my turtle wax runs out, I have seen some f1 eagle branded stuff here, which is packaged in India mrp etc is on the label, is this the same brand? there products are plentiful in one shop in Panjim, anyone tried these products?
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 09:21   #1034
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Where do you find abel auto products?
Could some one ship me an abel auto liquid wax/polish to me please
I will bear all the expenses.
It is marketed by xenos and has all the products here. can get you if you want

will post a picture soon of what i have now

Last edited by geeash : 28th August 2009 at 09:23.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 12:57   #1035
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
@gap and Victor

Both conc. lime juice and vinegar are acidic in nature. don't they actually harm the paint?
Yes they are acidic in nature, thats why its important to wash it off immediately after it loosens the hardwater particles.

GPA: it might be hardwater stains too but i usually see them post rains and then the whole exercise of wiping them with a newspaper starts off!
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore) nareshtrao Bangalore 26 16th September 2017 22:38
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai) Epic Mumbai 3 23rd March 2016 10:25
Car Cleaning & Polishing: Thejas Autospa (Phoenix Mall, Chennai) razorBlades Chennai 3 24th August 2015 11:05
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 6 20th December 2013 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks