Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th July 2011, 08:46   #1
Tgo
BHPian

Angry Front seat Sliding Lock malfunctioning on the Ford Figo.

I had raised this issue in another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html (Suicide Mud-Flaps of the Ford Figo)

but its better to have a separate thread for each issue so that focus of the thread does not change. We bought our Figo in December 2010 so it is just close to 8 months old now. This is a major problem that I have been facing.

The front seat Sliding mechanism doesn't lock in properly. Whenever there is pressure applied onto the seat back above mid level eg. pulling out a wallet from your trouser pockets, the seat just slides back the maximum it can. This happens immediately after the adjustment is made for a short or tall driver. It also happens sometimes under hard acceleration .
One setting if not fiddled with remains fine for some time, until the day you decide to clean the carpets in your car.

I got one more reply from a fellow forumer about this issue and he also though it to be a one off problem. Please share you inputs on if you have faced a similar problem or on how you got it fixed, if you have.

Last edited by Tgo : 17th July 2011 at 08:49. Reason: Added a link to another thread on the same car.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 09:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Front seat Sliding Lock malfunctioning on the Ford Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
The front seat Sliding mechanism doesn't lock in properly. Whenever there is pressure applied onto the seat back above mid level eg. pulling out a wallet from your trouser pockets, the seat just slides back the maximum it can. This happens immediately after the adjustment is made for a short or tall driver. It also happens sometimes under hard acceleration .
One setting if not fiddled with remains fine for some time, until the day you decide to clean the carpets in your car.

I got one more reply from a fellow forumer about this issue and he also though it to be a one off problem. Please share you inputs on if you have faced a similar problem or on how you got it fixed, if you have.
Has this issue been brought to the the service centre notice. Maybe something is fouling the lock mechanism not allowing to lock properly. If you identify yourselves the better or else take it to the workshop for a detailed look. This issue needs attention ASAP since seat movement during running can be very dangerous.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 09:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Front seat Sliding Lock malfunctioning on the Ford Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

The problem you have stated is likely problem with your car only IMO. This is not a small problem and if seat position changes under hard acceleration, its very unsafe. I am sure that if this was common problem, we would have found data on other threads on Figo.

Get your car checked and mostly the seat replacement would be needed. I wonder how you are able to drive the car with a rather malfunctioning seat. This rarely happens in any car, bet it Alto or S-class. Get this seat repaired as its a serious safety issue.

Also does this movement happen in other front seat also ?
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 10:57   #4
Tgo
BHPian

Default Re: Front seat Sliding Lock malfunctioning on the Ford Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Also does this movement happen in other front seat also ?
Yes this happens on both the front seats. Less on the driver seat though.

As posted in the thread in my opening post (Read post # 29, Page - 2). One other person (forum id: racerme) has also agreed that this is a problem faced by him too. I just wanted to confirm if he had seat covers put on from accessory shops instead of the Figo specific seat covers sold by the dealership. He has confirmed that he got them from an accessory shop and that the service people told him that the problem was because of incorrect installation of these seat covers. We both doubt it. Seemed more like a playing the blame game thing just because you don't have certified accessories.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote